Sign in to follow this  
Scaylon

There's too much loot

So today I decided to give this emulator a try and I've lost all faith that we'll ever get old WarZ back. I only went to Delta Peak station and I left the place with 10 guns (5 rifles and 5 pistols). Pretty sure even CoD Warzone doesn't have that many guns in one place and this gamemode is supposed to be actual "Survival". It's sad and I'm so disappointed.

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Scaylon said:

So today I decided to give this emulator a try and I've lost all faith that we'll ever get old WarZ back. I only went to Delta Peak station and I left the place with 10 guns (5 rifles and 5 pistols). Pretty sure even CoD Warzone doesn't have that many guns in one place and this gamemode is supposed to be actual "Survival". It's sad and I'm so disappointed.

I'll just never understand these developers. They make a wipe. They promise that the loot will be VERY RARE and the survival in the style of WarZ will return. None of this was done and now the amount of loot is even more than it was before! Also in the description for survival mode it is written that LOOT IS RARE...OMG Where is your promised return of ISS? People are constantly asking to return the old. And for this you just need to make the LOOT RARE, DAMN! Instead, you continue to increase the amount of loot AGAIN TURNING SURVIVAL INTO THE SECOND ARCADE! Tired of telling this for the hundredth time...

• Thanks 3

It's ridiculous. This game has so much potential. I actually like the implementation of super zombies because now the zombies are an actual threat. The game also has a lot of other features that WarZ Alpha really lacked like cars or swimming. The only thing they need to do seems to be the easiest and it's reducing loot to a minimal amount just like back in the good old days yet they persistently keep turning the game into arcade bullshit. The only other thing I don't like is the graphics but it's my personal opinion. WarZ Alpha looked way better than Infestation because the colours and dark shades were very immersive. I'm not a big fan of all those colourful flowers and stuff because they take away the postapocalyptic feeling and atmosphere but I'd be willing to let that slide if only the loot was truly survival-ish.

9 hours ago, Scaylon said:

It's ridiculous. This game has so much potential. I actually like the implementation of super zombies because now the zombies are an actual threat. The game also has a lot of other features that WarZ Alpha really lacked like cars or swimming. The only thing they need to do seems to be the easiest and it's reducing loot to a minimal amount just like back in the good old days yet they persistently keep turning the game into arcade bullshit. The only other thing I don't like is the graphics but it's my personal opinion. WarZ Alpha looked way better than Infestation because the colours and dark shades were very immersive. I'm not a big fan of all those colourful flowers and stuff because they take away the postapocalyptic feeling and atmosphere but I'd be willing to let that slide if only the loot was truly survival-ish.

Dude, I totally agree! There are many interesting features in the survival mode but the survival value is spoiled. There is almost no fear of losing loot because you can go back and find everything again in 5 minutes. The graphics are disgusting! The lighting is too bright and not pretty. You need to strain your eyes very much. I really don't understand why the developers are increasing the amount of loot over and over again. So that pvp players can find guns faster? Pvp also existed in WarZ. We fought with fu****g kruger's or pistols. Sometimes we were lucky and fired from m16 or m4. There was a great interest in going to loot another city or military base because the loot was different everywhere. Now on the FARM I can find Famas or a damn PKM. In any residential building, you can easily find a military semi-automatic gun or a rifle. It absolutely kills the interest. I walked around the airport and in every tent and on every crate I could find several rifles or shotguns. I didn't even have enough space in the large Hunter Backpack to carry everything. A huge part was still there. I remember the old days when you could go to a military base and find only a single M4 and a few helmets. I am terribly offended that they themselves bury this game and then don't understand why players leave it again ...

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, papajump said:

there are 2 seperate modes.

arcade with lots of loot and survival with low and more balanced loot

try survival its almost like the old days

Loot is not low. Absolutely not

On 1/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, papajump said:

if you compare it to arcade,yes low

It isn't needed to compare it to arcade. We are talking about Survivor mode. The point that you are missing here is that there is no "survival" game. The loot is very plentiful. It is easy to sneak in anywhere and find great weapons. There is no struggle to survive because the means to kill zombies is plentiful and there is no need to survive because it doesn't really matter if you die if you can play for a few hours and just go into the vault and grab another large backpack, a few assault rifles, a katana and armor and go to back running.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun to explore at the moment. But I'm going to be done with this game in a few days with every city explored, an endless supply of loot in the vault, and nothing left to do but sit there and blast zombies for no reason. That is not a survival game. I remember starving, crawling everywhere because I was terrified to lose a medium backpack and an axe. It's been a few days of casual play and I'm not afraid of anything. Dying in a rogue-like should cost you something.

His other point about exploration is spot on too. There is no need to visit specific sites for specific items. I noticed this very much in my first few days back. Why go to norad when I can find a PKM in clearview? And if there's no reason to survive and also no reason to explore, I'm not sure what the point of the game is.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

8 hours ago, 8crosshairs said:

It isn't needed to compare it to arcade. We are talking about Survivor mode. The point that you are missing here is that there is no "survival" game. The loot is very plentiful. It is easy to sneak in anywhere and find great weapons. There is no struggle to survive because the means to kill zombies is plentiful and there is no need to survive because it doesn't really matter if you die if you can play for a few hours and just go into the vault and grab another large backpack, a few assault rifles, a katana and armor and go to back running.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun to explore at the moment. But I'm going to be done with this game in a few days with every city explored, an endless supply of loot in the vault, and nothing left to do but sit there and blast zombies for no reason. That is not a survival game. I remember starving, crawling everywhere because I was terrified to lose a medium backpack and an axe. It's been a few days of casual play and I'm not afraid of anything. Dying in a rogue-like should cost you something.

His other point about exploration is spot on too. There is no need to visit specific sites for specific items. I noticed this very much in my first few days back. Why go to norad when I can find a PKM in clearview? And if there's no reason to survive and also no reason to explore, I'm not sure what the point of the game is.

Yeah, I agree with u.

• Thanks 1