SUMMARY:

• Made changes for easier navigation on the in-game inventory, which can be disabled through the options menu.
  • Added Holiday music to the menu.
  • Major server crashes have been fixed.
  • Changed the VOIP system to a more reliable one. 
  • Fixed a bug with a dead body hit reg. 
  • Added FPS Cap option.
  • Added the option for server owners to add Winter Mode to their private servers.
  • Reworked the look of the Airdrop after it's been open. That way you will know if the Airdrop has been opened already.
  • Made more tweaks to weapons. Lowered overall Spread on them, but also lowered the reduction from attachments. That way they will feel the same way as they currently do with full attachments, but are improved overall with no attachments.
  • Buffed Karambit.
  • Nerfed Saiga.
  • Fixed some physics issues on the maps.
  • Added "Overgrowth" back to buildings in Survival.

Full Patch Notes:

GENERAL CHANGES

USER INTERFACES AND MENUS:

• Added a key-bind to drop the item currently selected from the in-game inventory. 
  • Added a new Tutorial image to explain the in-game HUD. You can access it by pressing on the icon  or by pressing F1.
  • Fixed some localization in some languages.
  • Fixed a few UI bugs in Battle Royale.
  • Added a new Holiday song to the menu. You can toggle it on the Options Menu.
  • Menu music does not play if you are tabbed out of the game. 

GENERAL FIXES & CHANGES:

• Fixed several crashes both Server and Client-sided.
  • Added an FPS Cap option to the settings.
  • Changed the VOIP system from TeamSpeak to Vivox. 
    • Vivox is a much more reliable and modern system. For most of you, you won't feel much of a difference, but  disconnecting randomly from VOIP will be greatly decreased.
  • Double-clicking in the inventory will now use/equip/attach an item (you can disable that option from the Options Menu)
  • Added an option to add "Winter Mode" to your private servers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Slicer Icon to appear randomly on the map multiple times.
  • Fixed a bug related to dead body hit reg.
  • Fixed placing a shield on dead bodies.
  • Fixed an issue with eating food that could remove your shield.
  • Fixed an issue with Competitive Matches not starting in Oceania

ITEM CHANGES

ADDITIONS & CHANGES:

• Reworked the Airdrop Icons.
  • Added a new model to show the Airdrop has already been open. That way you will be able to see if it's been open or not from afar.

rUv2u7z.png

• Added a few new Airdrop types. More information soon.
  • Reworked the icon for a few items:
    • AR Barrel
    • Sniper Barrel
    • AR Stock
    • Sniper Stock
    • Snow Man Barricade
  • Changed the damage from the Karambit.
    • Player Damage: From 50 to 80.
    • Zombie Damage: From 80 to 105
  • Decreased the spread of guns globally. 
    • This means all weapons have had their spread reduced slightly so they can be used well without attachments. 
  • Decreased the spread reduction on all attachments.
    • This means at the end, with full attachments, you will have the guns as good as they currently are, but the difference from no attachments to full attachments will be lower. 
  • Decreased the damage and decay (distance to start having a reduction in damage) of the Saiga
    • Damage from 27 to 25.
    • Decay from 5 to 4.
  • Increased the damage of the grenade on Zombies.
    • From 140 to 160.
  • Changed the cooldown of the Wood Shields in Arcade back to what it was.

SKINS & SKINBOXES:

• Fixed the Scope on the Hynx v2 OTS-SVU.
  • Fixed the material files for the M4 Apocalypse.

ARCADE

GENERAL

• Loot:
    • Improved the respawn timer of the crates in the secret spots.

MAPS

• Colorado: 
    • Fixed a physics model at the airport where you were able to go through a wall.

SURVIVAL

FIXES & CHANGES

• You can no longer deal damage to Group Members in Survival. Unfortunately, this was being heavily abused against new players. 

LOOT:

• Loot will continue being tweaked as we get general feedback. These changes do not require game patches to go live and we will keep you posted on those on the official Discord.

MAPS:

• OREGON
    • Fixed some misplaced staircases in Rio.
    • Improved some terrain near the Airport.
    • Increased food spawns overall.
    • Added more vehicle spawns and increased the spawn chances.
  • COLORADO V1
    • Fixed the missing helicopter crash icon at Whitestone mountain.
    • Decreased the sound volume of the global ambient sound.
    • We are adding back the "Overgrowth" on buildings. This was something classic in I:SS and people voted to have it back. This is still a work in progress and we will continue adding to other buildings.faZk24z.pngeP9jism.png
    • Some buildings are also closed again but don't worry, it's not done yet and we might open some again such as the restaurant.
    • Added some more trees around Clearview to protect players who are just spawning in.

CHRISTMAS EVENT

VtJVhgf.jpeg

More information on this year's Christmas Event VERY soon!!!

Estimated patch size: 300MB

Estimated downtime: 2 hours

Estimated Patch time: 16.12.2020 10:00AM CET

Pre-patch notes might be changed if we need to fix/add something.

Once again thank you for your great support! Want to support us even more? Make sure to share these updates with your friends and followers!

For any feedback about the game please let us know at http://playnewz.com/feedback

If you'd like to share suggestions and ideas you have for the game please let us know at https://suggest.playnewz.com/

To stay updated regarding the patch and server downtime please follow us on our social media:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Infestation.NewZ/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/infestationnewz
    Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/thenewz
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/InfestationTheNewZOfficial
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/infestationthenewz
    Forums: https://forums.fredaikis.com/

• Thanks 4

Overall good job with this patch. You fixed alot of the problems/dislikings that the community pointed out. 🙂
    1 thing though... U buffed the accuracy. You are supposed to nerf the accuracy of AR's alot...(atleast for survival)

Edited by Smooosh
    Missing info
    • Haha 1

We are adding back the "Overgrowth" on buildings. This was something classic in I:SS and people voted to have it back. This is still a work in progress and we will continue adding to other buildings.

This make the FPS drop down !!

• Love 1

Sucks you need a key card to open the box under the xmas tree,Was hoping it would be like old ISS where there were several wood boxes you can loot, it was much more fun for looters.

having to find a keycard to open one box there is boring.

• Thanks 1
    • Haha 1

What makes me laugh is the fact that it don't matter what box/key combination you are using. All the boxes have the same loot. For example, I opened a Medic Box and found 2 pair of binoculars. Plus, in a Food Box I found a Clown Mask. What healing properties do a pair of binoculars have? Maybe I'm using them wrong? 😂🤣 And, just out of curiosity, what recipe do you use to cook a clown mask? Does it need salt? How long should you cook it before eating it? 😂🤣

Same goes for the other lock boxes. It makes no difference if you are using a rare key or a common key. ALL THE LOOT IS THE SAME. I guess it's appropriate though, since you still insist on having helmets and armor dropping from every zombie in the game. Even though these items are abundantly available just laying all over the map. The way it is now, and has been for at least the last 3 years, there is no distinction between common and rare loot. Sad, VERY Sad.

Edited by CampersRUs
    spelling corrections
    • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Silenterror said:

That is incorrect. We did a optimization of the buildings.

Then why didn't you do such optimization as you removed these bushes a few years ago. We could enjoy more FPS. But suddenly now it was possible to optimize it.
    Next thing ... you did delete everything, xp, GI, rep. You said you were making a shift to old WarZ feeling ... Lots of "sreamer's" players have been playing for a few days ... many servers ... and what do we have now? few servers, no many players anymore ... there is as much as before the reset ... and one thing we don't have is ours, loot ... xp ... rep ... nothing has changed ...
    Tell me one, is today's survival like the old WarZ ?? ;) why you changed everything ??

Edited by Reaktor
    • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Sucks you need a key card to open the box under the xmas tree,Was hoping it would be like old ISS where there were several wood boxes you can loot, it was much more fun for looters.

having to find a keycard to open one box there is boring.

You can still loot items under the tree. There will be some crates that are locked under the trees with ONE item and only on Official Servers. 

The items will be spawning normally like they have always under the trees. 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, Smooosh said:

Overall good job with this patch. You fixed alot of the problems/dislikings that the community pointed out. 🙂
    1 thing though... U buffed the accuracy. You are supposed to nerf the accuracy of AR's alot...(atleast for survival)

As it was explained, it only affects them with no attachments, as there is also a nerf to attachments. 

That way the different between a full attachment gun and no attachment gun is small (still big, though). 

Guns with full attachments are pretty much like they were previously. 

people want gun changes to be more accurate and you just reduce a little spread but nerf the attachments you literally just canceled the patch out. Make them shoot straight but just adjust the damage the guns still suck no matter what people tell you. MAKE THEM SHOOT STRAIGHT NOT UP TO THE RIGHT UP TO THE LEFT ALL OVER THE PLACE. The guns are still horrible you literally did nothing.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, GregMR said:

people want gun changes to be more accurate and you just reduce a little spread but nerf the attachments you literally just canceled the patch out. Make them shoot straight but just adjust the damage the guns still suck no matter what people tell you. MAKE THEM SHOOT STRAIGHT NOT UP TO THE RIGHT UP TO THE LEFT ALL OVER THE PLACE. The guns are still horrible you literally did nothing.

Guns naturally have spread and recoil. That is part of any shooting game. It can't be different here. 

• Thanks 1
    • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Reaktor said:

Then why didn't you do such optimization as you removed these bushes a few years ago. We could enjoy more FPS. But suddenly now it was possible to optimize it.
    Next thing ... you did delete everything, xp, GI, rep. You said you were making a shift to old WarZ feeling ... Lots of "sreamer's" players have been playing for a few days ... many servers ... and what do we have now? few servers, no many players anymore ... there is as much as before the reset ... and one thing we don't have is ours, loot ... xp ... rep ... nothing has changed ...
    Tell me one, is today's survival like the old WarZ ?? ;) why you changed everything ??

Well, I was not in charge of the overgrown "few years ago". I was able to do it.
    The wipe of the previous Survival game mode happened because to make it fair at the start for everyone. Items are just pixels in a free to play game. I understand you invest time of looting and trading them but overall,  a fresh restart is always nice especially you have somethign to do again.

1 hour ago, TheWraith said:

Yes but only this game have shitty spread and recoil...Players dont ask to take it away completly but fix closest to real guns...I bet you guys never shot a single bullet with real guns in your life thats why you put adjustments whatever you have in your head....

We are testing guns together with the Beta tester and decide the changes compared to their feedback and yes, they are PVP players since spread or recoil does not matter in PVE.
    Right now the guns are pretty much balanced in any way, maybe 1-2 guns still need some adjustments but overall it's alright and yes, you need to use attachments and also have to move your mouse while shooting.

1 minute ago, TheWraith said:

That is "balance" for devs....you pay for a server you have loot...dont pay you dont have...simple! Free fair game,yeaaa sure!

Our clan had their own private colorado server. But there is very little loot, there is nothing to enter PVP, people lost interest and left the game.

I'm trying to bring them back to the game, but now each entry to PVP costs 3-4000 SD so no one wants to return

11 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Guns naturally have spread and recoil. That is part of any shooting game. It can't be different here. 

Well, snipers have more weight and you can't run or jump and immediately shot. Why not make the snipers more "naturally" in this game?

I stopped playing arcade because of simple reasons;

Pvp only of snipers with players shooting and swirling.

Macro of riot and cure make the game look less realistic.

Maybe (and this is my opinion) if we have a more realistic guns in game we have more fun.

Edited by JKS
    • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 1:49 AM, Silenterror said:

I was able to do it.

Just what was it that you were 'able' to do Steve. Litter the landscape with trees and boulders? Why don't you put that 'ability' to work and FIX the FPS issue. I was just playing and withing 45 minutes, with most of that time waiting to connect, I was booted off the server THREE TIMES. I was driving a vehicle two of the  three times. First time the screen stuttered, then froze then BOOM I was kicked out. I waited a while to be able to reconnect. When I finally got reconnected, BOOM I was dead. I waited again to reconnect. When I was reconnected, I again was driving and my vehicle was suddenly thrown high into the air. The screen froze and BOOM I was disconnected. I had a 3/4 full Adventure Backpack. Including the vehicle I lost plus, various keys, 1 GI access locker, 1 Storage locker, plus numerous weapons, medikits, gas cans and repair kits. Also the armor I was wearing.

My point is this Steve, If you're so good at fixing the game, why don't you put that 'intelligence' to work and FIX THE PROBLEM WITH SERVER DISCONNECTS.

Oh... btw... if you delete this post, don't worry, I made a copy. I still don't understand why you insist on deleting comments, I have made over 750 comments and I do NOT have any warning points.

Edited by CampersRUs

19 hours ago, TheWraith said:

Youre absolutly right but show me other realistic things in game....Absolutly nothing!!! Is just a bad copy of Fortnite game....If they do realistic guns everyone must use Aimbot for hit someone....

Funny you say we're a copy of a game when this game has been around for longer... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

So Kruger .22s should 1-shot to the head? 

No helmet should be one shot. With a helmet the bullet should not cause any damage. That's how it works in the real world.

In the game you take damage even while wearing a steel helmet.

I know, "it's a game", and I say, "Well, snipers have more weight and you can't run or jump and immediately shot."

I was referring more to the weight of weapons than to damage.

In any other game snipers are difficult to use due to their weight or the difficulty of shooting at short distances.

Game damage should be focused on protective helmets and vests. If you don't have any armor or helmet, one rifle shot in chest sould be deadly.

If the character life is 100 and helmet increase that for "120%" (100 +20%) , maybe the game have more options if the life is "50" and the helmet have more 70 off defence. 

So, if you have a .22 and the enemy don't have a helmet you need maybe 2 or 3 shot's to kill. If he have a good helmet you will need 8 or more bullets to kill. 

I don't make the math, but maybe you can understand.

It will make a lot off diference in guns status and the armors use.

I understand if you can't do it or if you just don't.

thx for your time.

7 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Funny you say we're a copy of a game when this game has been around for longer... 

Maybe Fortnight was a bad example. I do know for a fact that this game is a DIRECT copy of a little game that predates Infestation however. That game was Aftermath. Same exact buildings, same exact zombie models, same exact terrain features. Also many of the weapons are identical. Yes, you did manipulate all these things. But the similarities are still there. They were so many similarities I had the impression that 'Artemis Knives' was involved with this game. How do I know? I was a staunch supporter and frequent player of Aftermath until it's ultimate demise.

• Thanks 1

The game is not even close to realistic so why would the guns be realistic to a "T". Its my personal opinion along with most of the people I play with and talk to that the guns should shoot straight. If im going to constantly be outnumbered most of the time I would like for my expensive ass loadout that I always bring to not be at the same level as someone running with just an assault rifle with literally no armor or barely any meds with no attachments. This game is not realistic and for a fact the guns in original ISS were not even close to this inaccurate. At lest the guns that were good before and after they did their many changes. Im fine with some spread but IMO the spread with full attachments is ridiculous compared to how fast people med and how many bullets you get on target before someone med macros because the devs refuse to make it a ban offense because they say "Its not an advantage" even though it clearly is. Especially when people like my clan and me who refuse to med macro or rapid fire even though everyone still med macros and this patch with the spread did nothing to stop people from rapid firing. Its still very much a thing even though the devs seem to ignore it. Everyone has their opinion but this game was not played for its "realism".

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 8:57 PM, GregMR said:

The game is not even close to realistic so why would the guns be realistic to a "T". Its my personal opinion along with most of the people I play with and talk to that the guns should shoot straight. If im going to constantly be outnumbered most of the time I would like for my expensive ass loadout that I always bring to not be at the same level as someone running with just an assault rifle with literally no armor or barely any meds with no attachments. This game is not realistic and for a fact the guns in original ISS were not even close to this inaccurate. At lest the guns that were good before and after they did their many changes. Im fine with some spread but IMO the spread with full attachments is ridiculous compared to how fast people med and how many bullets you get on target before someone med macros because the devs refuse to make it a ban offense because they say "Its not an advantage" even though it clearly is. Especially when people like my clan and me who refuse to med macro or rapid fire even though everyone still med macros and this patch with the spread did nothing to stop people from rapid firing. Its still very much a thing even though the devs seem to ignore it. Everyone has their opinion but this game was not played for its "realism".

When the guns were at their most powerful (a couple of patches back), 95% of the feedback was that they were too strong. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

When the guns were at their most powerful (a couple of patches back), 95% of the feedback was that they were too strong. 

ok. Just stop changes in the AR all the time.

When you just listen the "community" the game is sniper jump duels with med/riot macro and campers.
    If the game you want is this...

Just no change AR stats again and don't make another "arcade" event in BR.

It's the last game mode I'm playing. Don't destroy this mode to.

• Thanks 1