ElChupacabra

Live Q&A On Twitch

zSDMcV4.png

Hey Survivors!

We are going to host a Q&A live on Twitch this Friday!
The main priorities are answering your questions but also take the time to talk about some upcoming changes and feedback.

Please post as many questions as you want in the comments below. We are going to try to answer as much as possible.
Keep in mind, we can not talk about "everything", so choose your questions wisely.

Twitch Channel: Infestation LIVE on Twitch

Start: November 6th, 2020 6:00 PM (CET)

Once again thank you for your great support! Want to support us even more? Make sure to share these updates with your friends and followers!

For any feedback about the game please let us know at http://playnewz.com/feedback

If you'd like to share suggestions and ideas you have for the game please let us know at https://suggest.playnewz.com/

To stay updated regarding the patch and server downtime please follow us on our social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Infestation.NewZ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/infestationnewz
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/thenewz
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/InfestationTheNewZOfficial
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/infestationthenewz
Forums: https://forums.fredaikis.com/

• Thanks 2
  • Cool 1

What exactly makes grenades not possible for Arcade non-sniper servers in Official Servers section? Shotguns? DMRs?

We used to have lots of fun 2 years ago with grenades, DMRs and shotguns on the non-sniper Caliwood and Colorado.

Why should PVP section small maps gameplay specifics affect other players on Official maps section? grenades-to-non-sniper-servers.jpg

• Thanks 1

Maeby its alot to ask or maeby yall got a reason for not adding it to the servers, but is it posible to add weather changes to the servers? Rain/Sunny/foggy/Snow/ etc etc, and i mean live weather change without restarting the servers so we can witness the changes during gameplay? i think it will be such a nice feature, specially for survival mod.

• Thanks 2

Why oregon doesn't have almost nothing of wood, stone or metal??. I already did a suport ticket and they said that oregon has the same ammount as colorado, that's not true, i play a lot in my private server everyday and it is rare to find them, almost non exist and then i join in a colorado server and i find a lot of them, 30 min of farm in colorado is like a 5 day farm in oregon...

When area 69 will be release in oregon?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lukicalls said:

Why oregon doesn't have almost nothing of wood, stone or metal??. I already did a suport ticket and they said that oregon has the same ammount as colorado, that's not true, i play a lot in my private server everyday and it is rare to find them, almost non exist and then i join in a colorado server and i find a lot of them, 30 min of farm in colorado is like a 5 day farm in oregon...

Actually both maps have the same amount of resources, however this will be discussed with the NewZ team. Thank you for informing us about this that you mention. You have a good day.

Game Staff

1. Discuss Make low tier wooden item crate spawn throughout the map randomly?, They don't even have to contain anything good just random stuff like ammo, Food etc i always enjoyed looting the basic wood item boxes even if they have just food in.
  2. .Discuss Disable the "Ping" you can do to show team mates where people are, This is unfair to solo players who are sneaky buggers (like myself),If pinging was disabled it would force clans and groups to be VERY specific in their discord/TeamSpeak where the solo player is..by then he/she would probably have had time to move..as of right now you kill a clan member they INSTANTLY know where you are because he's pinged and shown them and can keep spamming the location if he/she stays in watching until they're kicked.
  3. Crash Heli & Airdrop loot absolutely sucks, Its terrible i was discussing this with a known streamer and even he said heli & Airdrop are NOT worth the time in going to.
  4. Add an option to change preferred NVG colour in game options, For example there was at one point in the game a "Cyan/Blue" kinda coloured night vision, i cant remember if it was NewZ or not but i found this to be much nicer & cleaner looking than the green there is currently.
  5. Player selection screen animated background, I don't mean to be rude but its not very good looking, its low res,The Guy just sitting there at the table not moving ,it simply doesn't look up to par the quality it should be for a game of 2020 imo,Why not just go for a static and good looking background?
  6. VERY IMPORTANT - make survival easier to get around, Bus stops. Maybe increase car spawns significantly but so they cant do damage to players? as of right  survival isn't good for people that don't have a lot of free time, so don't want to be walking around and to and from the SZ 70 % of the the free time they have to play when they could be PVP.

BUGS / ISSUES - 

1. Zombies in the distance appear to be Running as if they're agro,d but then stop for no reason, Its kind of annoying because you constantly think there's someone there, for someone like me with not so great eye sight, I look for movement, and these buggy Zs are not helping, hats weird is they never use to do this! so something has changed that is making them move like this.
  2. High terrain around Blueridge & up to Norad,Maybe flatten out the high terrain around the map so its not so high because alot of people are sliding and disconnecting or having to walk all the way around them :D
Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Thanks 1

-Do you guys plan on adding increased spread to jumping and shooting? 
-Dog houses crates have the most random low tier gear and always seem open even on fresh servers, will they be changed?
-I have over 200 kills on my main character but i im stuck at 100 +rep, could you guys make it to when you reach a certain rep in positive you cant lose anymore just like  -rep tree? 
-Loot has been changing so much since the wipe its impossible to make loot guide videos, this goes for stuff spawning on the ground to alien zombies loot, can we get a system that tells us where or what to farm for specific item? Example if i look up shields in the tool tip it should tell me where or how i can obtain them.

Edited by Zoaxo
  • Thanks 1

1. Rare room should have only good items, u can make it harder to get but if u rly open the room u will know it was worth the time to get it.

2. If it's not hard to do u could remove ping location thing after death. I never seen that future in any games (after death i mean).

3. Remove bullets option would be cool. Most of people have some cmags but dont like to use them. Give us a chance to remove bullets from cmag for example and but them in to empty mag 30.

4. Classic lockers, the metal ones. In my opinion they should be bigger than wooden ones. Most of the people use wooden locker couse it's cheaper and has THE SAME AMOUNT of storage. I know it's breakable but most of people are using them on private servers.

5. Honey Badger is bad and not common. The weapon shoud have a little boof.

6. Car spawn should be more common on clearview private servers. I dont know what about other towns couse i play clearview the most. Sometimes i rejoing to 4-5 servers and cant find a single car on all 3 spots.

Also i want to say that i have a good time playing survival. Love your work. Keep it up. 

Edited by KamilNBA
forgot to mention 1 thing
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about a long term, do you intend to create any feature to control de market and make it "healthier"? 
I mean, we will start seeing a huge spam of itens in the marketing soon and prices are dropping every day. We will get until point again where Stanag and maybe 1 or 2 kind of weapons will be the only "currency" in the game and even then we will see people with a lot of those already (I mean, really huge stashes). 

Imo, and opinion of others players and streamers that I have talked to, it is not the best way to take the Survival mode this time. This mode should not follow this path. I have some suggestion that might help that I have seen working in another game (specially mmorpgs).

1 - Put a minimum price on items calculating it according to demand/supply and prevents items from always having their prices pulled down using this limiter. It is an automatic feature and make impossible people drop prices for itens with high demand. This limit can flutuate, so the minimum value can raise or drop according to the market. 

2 - Create a pre-purchase system: you determine the value and quantity and want and the purchase is made automatically when the parameters are filled. Everyone can see how many orders which "price range has".
For example: We don't have more CQC on the market, when I go buy it I can see people are offering as pre-purchase $350 (10 units), $360 (8 units), so I go and put $370 (10 units), making my bid the highest for this item. The person that will sell it will see as well all the price ranges and decide if he sells it automatically to me for 370 each or put a higher price and let it on the market to be bought for anyone else. 

For these two ideas you can use as a reference the game Black Desert Online, which has created an excellent example of this system and made the market got really better.
And it works as well for itens coming from GC like skins, so we can expect a more stable market maybe and stop seeing a broken conversion between itens coming from GC that are being sold by SD poorly. 

3 - Also thinking about the long-term maintenance of the game, perhaps the loot could have a shorter time to disappear when killed by another player. This in a way ends up "increasing" the value of the dropped loot in PVP since you know you have to get it to keep from disappearing and it also increases the number of items lost over time which makes it worth. If not this idea, something need to be done, specially if you decide to not change anything in the market like I said above. In few months we will see players with ridiculous stashes, prices very low and and unmotivates players to play, without many goals. 
It can not be another Arcade mode. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, if there is still such a small sniper drop for survival, a lot of people will leave with me and my friends.
I really want play Survival mode but that was not like old times, when you can drop sometime blaser r93 in shrute farm.

currently I played 119 hours, including 104 hours on an attempt to find a sniper rifle all over the map, mainly military bases, I killed 69 super zoombie, 6 aliens, and dont get any sniper rifle, and really dont like this, and for me its waste time to play if you cant play with sniper like old times.

I do not have time to play 500h for one sniper rifle which I will not have the opportunity to shoot, because some clan will kill me immediately!

So my question is will you increase the% sniper over the whole map?

Edited by bartasokonda
  • Thanks 1

I want to get old wood barricade i think the hole is not big happen this wood barricade now is so bad 1500dl but have 150hp it so not balance and not have a hole.

• Thanks 2

why did you all say this was going to be an early iss remake but looks nothing like that, the spread on the guns are terrible just wondering if you have plans on making it more like early iss and any changes to the spread on all weapons?

• Thanks 1

We need more Barricades in I:SS 2020 as soon as possible, Shields was always a part of I:SS also the woodshields have only 150 HP and are easy to destroy & back in the days it was a normal item which u bought in the store & u also had the Riot Shields.
In my opinion everybody should be able to bring 2-3 Woodshields each round - thats fair for everybody. Atm 90% of the fights are outside of the citys because ppl just spawntrapping each other or you go inside a ghostown & ppl hiding until u are 1 meter infront of them - thats just boring, lets make I:SS 2020 like the old I:SS and bring Shields back, we dont need riot shields or tons of shields BUT every round 2-3 woodshiels should be fine! (more common is not for me finable at helicrashes etc. , make them more common on normal spawns/superzombies/craftingsystem [only use nails&wood])

Here my Question: Are u down with that guys? I m sure it will bring more players back & ppl are not getting spawntrapped/camped so hard.

And yes i know, we have arcade with shields BUT i wanna play a real ISS which have items with value, rare snipers & stuff like this, so arcade is no option.

Another thing that should also be discussed is the group / clan limited server.

I really like Duo and Trio servers and you should keep ONE of them, but the current server list only supports people who play in small teams.
Big clans which exist since years & also new big groups / clans are forced to play in smaller groups with this server list, they have to split up, kick ppl from the group / clans, stop the recruitment, make a "B" clan, or quit the game.
And pls delete the fps only server, i really like the idea of FPS only, but unfortunately it just doesn't fit into this game and you will never get 30+ people on FPS server.

Solution: 1 Duo Server, 1 Trio Server, the rest 10 limited servers.

People which wanna play duo or trio can just go to the right servers & will never have a problem with big clans/groups, but pls dont change the game too much, lets keep it I: SS and clans was always a part of I: SS.

No ibiza videos anymore there he can kill 10 ppl in few seconds because atm everybody just play in 2/3er groups and leaving their clans etc. 

Edit: 

And please don't listen too much to the opinions of people who are new or have few hours of playtime, I: SS is a niche product & things like an anti macro system for healing would help these people more than an FPS only server or a smaller player base.
Dont get me wrong new players are always nice but 9/10 of them will never stay in this game, because some ppl (include me) are playing this game since years and just clap them. 
You guys should listen to your veterans & maybe work on a system that bypasses the heal&shield macros, so that newer players can also play more easily in the PvP, otherwise the enemy with the macro will always be have a direct advantage and the none macro guy will lose many fights because of that & will quit maybe the game.

thanks for reading, keep up the work & pls #makeISSgreatagain <3

• Thanks 1

what is your plan to address new players and to keep old ones so the game dont die.
can you add mystery boxes to the game. not replace all the loot but every now and then would be nice.
can we get the v1 boulder expansion to spice things up 
maybe a glen wood springs upgrade would be nice if that could be something to add 
over all the game is great but there is flaws in the game. that can be fixed its important to address what the base commuinty wants over all 
Is there any way to add more weight to cars so that they don't bounce around 
Is there any plans for loot or addressing things wrong with spreard and pvp

• Thanks 1

General question about the stream Q&A,unfortunatly i wont be able to tune in live but will we be able to re-watch the stream?..or will half of it be muted due to copyright music you might play?

As for the shields suggestion, Please god no..we dont need shield spam again in the game, Sneak around. That's what i do i NEVER use shields..i use the surroundings to sneak up on people.

Shields have a place in Arcade because of it been a constant sniper fest, you absolutely needed shields in arcade, But Survival you wont get sniped at every few seconds.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1. SHIELDS

I 100 % agree with Freddy. The situation at the moment with 0 shields is almost unplayable. It became a pure mexican standoff game. People stay on their corners and just wait, noone makes a move for 10+ minutes and if you get tired of it and decide to push you are dead. (unless your opponent is garbage at the game)

Like he said, noone wants the 15 DX 25 riot shield gameplay from arcade, but I totally agree with the 2-3 max shields a player can have. You can play around with this, add HP or lower the HP if they are too OP, but make them more common again. This also enables you to not instantly die if someone spawns behind you etc, since you will have the time to place a shield, med, and have an equal fight afterwards.

I get the idea behind not having shields initially, but it just changes the whole gameplay way too much and as an oldschool player of the game I also have to say it does not change it to the better.. you can NEVER push anyone, especially if you are alone against 2 or 3 guys there is a 0 chance for you to do something if they are not garbage.

2. CARS ON OFFICIALS

I agree that there should be cars on official because not everybody has a private server and otherwise it will just be a pain in the arse to get loot to the vault.. But REMOVE the feature of driving people over, its just ridicolous if you spawn fullygeared on the hill and you get run over by a bambi in a truck. It has nothing positive to the game whatsoever. If you can't do that, make them have less HP so you can take them down easier or something. They are already OP for flanking people, no need to have the feature to run someome over with it on top of that.

3.LOCKERS

No need for the 5 second opening up animation, noone uses lockers on officials anyway. Make it like it used to be. On private servers you get instant locker access. Its just a shere waste of time atm. And please give us the old big lockers back, we miss them.

4. Smallville PVP

Can someone explain to me WHY THE HELL you cannot get on mechanics roof in smallville?! But you can even get on market roof in clearview?! This makes no sense to me AT ALL. mechanics used to be a great position especially when fighting people behind medic and you were always able to get on top there. I don't see any reason why someone would remove that and I am sure 99 % of people will agree with me on that. 

Also I think adding 1 or 2 more spawns around the town would be a good idea to fight the absolute spawnaids you get into after you died in town.

5. V2

Alot of people I talked to miss V2. Everyone liked V1 obviously, but a ton of players played a lot of V2 and in my opinion it was the better version anyway, but would it be possible maybe to add one V2 server? 1 Oregon 1 V2 server would be great. We miss the old / new smallville :P

Finally, thank you guys. You did a great job so far and I never would have thought I will play this game again. But you actually made it fun again so thank you for that. I'm sure you'll make some good changes to the better so we can make ISS GREAT AGAIN.xd 

Edit: I also agree on freddy with the macro thing. I don't know how you can do something against that, but some players have ridicolous macros. You shoot them in the head twice, while they are shooting at you (clearly they have their gun out the whole time for you) and you die and they have 100 % hp, thats just ridicolous and shit for the game...

Edited by suNrize
  • Thanks 1

1 : HUD DO ISS ANTIGO .

2 : COLORADO V1 ANTIGO E MAPA CALIWOOD ANTIGO .

3 : Infestation Survivor Stories de 2013 .

4 : Alguma Munições no Mercado por GC .

6 : Poucos carros .

7 : Loot extremamente Raro . 

• Thanks 1

The stats provided on the gun descriptions are wrong, they do not represent the real outcome when shooting the guns. - Do you guys have any plans on correcting this anytime soon?

• Thanks 1

What measures have you introduced and/or are planning to introduce in order to make the game appealing to new players, and what is your strategy for new people to join?

• Thanks 1

Are you guys going to add new places to the V1 map still or is it gonna stay the same?

Please keep the snipers RARE. Thank you :)

Edited by NiQzu
  • Thanks 1

Hello , when we can expect really well made guns - spread and recoil to be the what stats showing and also their rare to be well balanced compared to their power( by power i mean less spread , recoil and also the dmg)

Also i have tested on 2 different computers the spread and recoil of the guns , so same gun on both pc`s with same atachments and mags with same speed of shooting , the guns are showing different spread and recoil. The first pc is stronger than the other as gpu and cpu and also tested on the biggest resolution that monitor can be set to work on it , so my quastion is , why there is difference between spread and recoil on different pc`s when the stats of the guns are same?

Edited by norules90
  • Thanks 1

I had feeling like the movement speed on BR is faster than in Survival which plays very nice have you guys ever considered making some changes in the character movement speed to the Survival mode to feel more dynamic for the 2k20 especially to make playing on the V1 map better with the way how it is?
I think it would balance the game more around people who like to rush since the people how like to camp already have the silent walk what do you think?

Edited by Sjerra
  • Thanks 1