Sign in to follow this  
ElChupacabra

Flea Market Update - About the fees

Dear players,

Just a general explanation on the reasons for the Market to be as it is right now, as some of you have questioned it. 
The fee charged on it is what we would call "Practicality Fee", which means it's just an easier (and not the only) way to sell and buy items. Just as most games that have this kind of system, this fee is there. 
The main reason for us to add this fee at this value right now and have it being paid upon adding the item is to avoid abuse. By charging a fee, it will prevent people posting items "to troll" or posting items just to make others lose their sales. This will, in the end, help you guys (sellers and buyers) more than anything as it will give a better price range for specific items over time.

The two ideas to make this easier and better for everyone without directly affecting this and still preventing the abuse are:

1. After you place an item you will be charged the fee. However, you will have the option of renewing that item on the Market and change its price. 
    1. So let's say I put up an SVD for 10,000 GD initially. I will pay 1,000 GD as a fee... Then I see the item is not selling for that price...
    2. To avoid you guys from simply making a small mistake on the price or something like that, you will be able to lower that value (10,000 GD) to anything you'd like without paying another fee.
    3. If you decide to increase the price, then there will an extra fee charged (accordingly to the price increase). 
  2. When you press ADD OFFER, you will see a notification explaining everything you're paying in details so you understand and don't accidently post an item in a haste.

We may come up with a few more ideas on this to improve it for you guys soon, but for now these are the two ideas we are running with. 

Reply to this if you have any questions or actual feedback (just random attacks will be deleted as our goal here to collect actual feedback). 

Make sure to follow us on all Social Medias:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Infestation.NewZ/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/infestationnewz
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/thenewz
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/InfestationTheNewZOfficial
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/infestationthenewz

2 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

The main reason for us to add this fee at this value right now and have it being paid upon adding the item is to avoid abuse. By charging a fee, it will prevent people posting items "to troll" or posting items just to make others lose their sales.

Could you describe in more detail situations of abuse and trolling, and how does this fee for creating an order counteract this?

41 minutes ago, GENETICZZ said:

Will you let us add more individual items or will it stay on 3(4,5)?

Maybe in the future. We are not sure yet. 

29 minutes ago, k0er said:

Could you describe in more detail situations of abuse and trolling, and how does this fee for creating an order counteract this?

Sure. People adding random items for a high price just to troll others. People adding an item for a low price only to convince others to just not sell their items. Etc...

Make it so all the fees are going on your dev account and then u giveaway everything each week Kappa 

4 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

People adding random items for a high price just to troll others.

and how do overprice orders interfere with the community market? This is on any exchange.
I can’t understand what exactly they are interfering with .. they won’t even be visible, because only the minimum price is shown.

4 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

People adding an item for a low price only to convince others to just not sell their items.

and how does it work? Orders placed at a price below the current will be happily bought by players...

• Thanks 1

I think too many offers/person would be flooding the market too much. 
It's perfect how it is right now, also with the fee. 

You need to actually think before you sell something. Trolling with high offers will backfire. 
Only disadvantage is if you sell something like cars that wont stack. Those will quickly consume your offer slots

hahah the scammers do it agien fee i have never hear any thing more stupit then that just wait the dev gonner fuck it up like they always do

btw i was promist a fix for the flying car in this path so agien you guys a lying

Hi,

We have added a fix for this in the next patch. Hope that will help your issue.

Best Regards

Elias

The only thing thats confusing is that u did not explain this before adding the market, many of us lost alot of GD when puting out like 10k AR's for sell just to understand when u guys explaining after that u have to pay fee , even when u dont sell. This piss me abit off, Why pay fee when u dont sell? 

But market is a good ide`. Fee without selling, not that good, but now i know I can deal with it. And thx for adding that u can see its with or without amo!

Edited by K 0 0 L
adding

First
Congratulations on the market.
I don't see any problems with fees.
Could it be smaller? Yes I would be happy.

The only problem in my opinion is about the fee not coming back if the item is not sold.

Charge the fee? OK.
Didn't sell? The fee comes back. Like other markets

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MacedoNeto said:

First
Congratulations on the market.
I don't see any problems with fees.
Could it be smaller? Yes I would be happy.

The only problem in my opinion is about the fee not coming back if the item is not sold.

Charge the fee? OK.
Didn't sell? The fee comes back. Like other markets

but why have a fee what is the point of it name one reson

For people to actually use the market, some changes are going to be needed. First, you need to vastly increase the amount of offers you can make, this isn't a hard core simulator, give people freedom to improve the trading platform. You already have plenty of monetisation methods, this really should be used to increase the player, not make money via the subscriptions. Even if this was the intention (to increase the amount of people that sub), a better way to do this would be to decrease the fee you pay depending on your subscription level (I.E P 8% D 6% E 5%).  This would help with my second point, as you need to reduce the fee. If you follow my suggestion you'll basically kill two birds with one stone.  For a general improvement, perhaps consider increasing the amount of time an item exists on the market depending on quantity you've listed for that item. Really love the market place, looking forward to it improving.

• Thanks 1

Here is what we are going to do:

• The fee will get charge after you sold the offer. It will get removed directly from the money the buyer paid.
  • We are going to double the amount of offers you can do besides non-premium. You have to understand, we wanted to keep it low at the beginning to spectate our system how it will react on it.
    • Non-Premium 2->3
      Premium 3->6
      Deluxe 4->8
      Extreme 5->10
  • Discount for subscriotions will change as the following:
    • Deluxe 20% -> 30% (8%->7%)
    • Extreme 30% -> 50% (7%->5%)

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Steve said:

Here is what we are going to do:

• The fee will get charge after you sold the offer. It will get removed directly from the money the buyer paid.
  • We are going to double the amount of offers you can do besides non-premium. You have to understand, we wanted to keep it low at the beginning to spectate our system how it will react on it.
    • Non-Premium 2->3
      Premium 3->6
      Deluxe 4->8
      Extreme 5->10
  • Discount for subscriotions will change as the following:
    • Deluxe 20% -> 30% (8%->7%)
    • Extreme 30% -> 50% (7%->5%)

add to 5 items.

15 minutes ago, Henkaku said:

add to 5 items.

what do you mean? The non-Premium? No because you need to have a huge different. The game is already free.

• Thanks 1

every trader(player) has hundreds or thousands items for trade.

14 minutes ago, Steve said:

what do you mean? The non-Premium? No because you need to have a huge different. The game is already free.

why limit the number of slots for an account at all, if a huge placement fee will limit the seller in any case?

Edited by k0er

1 minute ago, k0er said:

every trader(player) has hundreds or thousands items for trade and just 5 order limit?

why limit the number of slots for an account at all, if a huge placement fee will limit the seller in any case?

Because we are a free2play game and subscriptions needs to have an adventage when it comes to this kind of stuff. Otherwise there are going to be too many offers and no one will buy.

11 minutes ago, Steve said:

Because we are a free2play game and subscriptions needs to have an adventage when it comes to this kind of stuff. Otherwise there are going to be too many offers and no one will buy.

For subscriptions, you could use a reduction in placement fees, increased order time, the ability to raise and lower the price of an order without an additional charge, and etc . I only saw such a fee in hard Internet exchangers. The size resembles income tax.
Imho, limiting the slots to such a small amount ... I just believe that 99% of trades will remain in the NewZ discord channels...

So far it’s like that for me:
Advantages of placing an offer of sales outside the exchange:
No commission fee, Unlimited time for placing an offer, There is no restriction on the number of items in the offer. There is the possibility of discounts, the ability to exchange for another item with a surcharge.
With Regards.

We rolled out a client-sided hotfix for the market. Please make sure you restart your game or verify your files through steam to apply the changes.

2 hours ago, feris said:

We still can not manage the price, only remove. I would like to manage the price.

We did not make this option because you do not lose any money if you remove and add it again.

• Thanks 2