CampersRUs

Toxic Zombies and Radiation Areas

@Fred, @3lias, @Sven I hope you all take the time to read this post. Please, don't just ignore it like you do for so many other comments and suggestions that are made by the community.

I don't usually play in the radiation areas, but today I found myself caught up in the middle of one at Zeta. These are just a few of the things I experienced while there.

First of all, The view through the gas mask is still quite horrendous. Especially at night. The field of vision is far too narrow based on personal experience wearing a gas mask. This needs to be adjusted so the view is a bit clearer. During daylight hours, it's not quite as bad but it does need improvement.

Second, The bus stop that is located at Zeta is in an area that is inside the radiation area. This is wrong. If a player decides to travel by bus to Zeta, and is not prepared, they are in for a rude awakening. This is magnified if they arrive during nighttime hours. I suggest that either the bus stop be moved further south, closer to where it used to be, or by shrinking the radiation area itself. It doesn't make sense to have the radiation area engulf the bus stop there.

Third, the flashlight attachment is still not working correctly. I tried attaching it to my weapon to get a better field of vision. When it is first attached, it does help with the visuals. HOWEVER, as I had reported multiple times in the past, when you switch to another item and then back again, you are blinded by your own flashlight. I had thought that this issue was fixed a long time ago. I guess if someone stops reporting an issue such as this, it gets tossed aside and not worked on. When you are confronted by more aggressive zombies, and cannot see them clearly, it is extremely difficult to get to a safe place. To help with the visual aspect of being in a radiation area, a working flashlight would be more beneficial than the blur that you see through the gas mask lenses.

Fourth, and most important and irritating, the loot drop and experience gained. It takes between 4 to 5 times the ammo to kill even regular zombies. You have to shoot them in the head at least 5 times before they die. Super and Alien zombies are even harder to kill. The toxic zombie is even worse. Since you are having to deal with such low visibility and a massive expenditure of ammo, the experience should be at least 3 to 4 times what you get normally. As far as the Toxic Zombie, why the hell is it only dropping 3 items? Especially when a good amount of times 2 of those items are armor and helmets. A regular Super drops 8 items. Why such a restriction on the amount that is dropped from a zombie that takes so much ammo?

In my opinion, the issues presented here can be considered game breakers. I have been playing this game for over 3 years. I don't see any reason why game issues such as these are allowed to continue to exist. It just doesn't make sense.

Thank you for the feedback. I will bring it up with the rest. I agree on all of your points and will get back here after we discussed it. There's a good chance we can get many of these points done for the next patch.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:45 AM, CampersRUs said:

@Fred, @3lias, @Sven I hope you all take the time to read this post. Please, don't just ignore it like you do for so many other comments and suggestions that are made by the community.

I don't usually play in the radiation areas, but today I found myself caught up in the middle of one at Zeta. These are just a few of the things I experienced while there.

First of all, The view through the gas mask is still quite horrendous. Especially at night. The field of vision is far too narrow based on personal experience wearing a gas mask. This needs to be adjusted so the view is a bit clearer. During daylight hours, it's not quite as bad but it does need improvement.

Second, The bus stop that is located at Zeta is in an area that is inside the radiation area. This is wrong. If a player decides to travel by bus to Zeta, and is not prepared, they are in for a rude awakening. This is magnified if they arrive during nighttime hours. I suggest that either the bus stop be moved further south, closer to where it used to be, or by shrinking the radiation area itself. It doesn't make sense to have the radiation area engulf the bus stop there.

Third, the flashlight attachment is still not working correctly. I tried attaching it to my weapon to get a better field of vision. When it is first attached, it does help with the visuals. HOWEVER, as I had reported multiple times in the past, when you switch to another item and then back again, you are blinded by your own flashlight. I had thought that this issue was fixed a long time ago. I guess if someone stops reporting an issue such as this, it gets tossed aside and not worked on. When you are confronted by more aggressive zombies, and cannot see them clearly, it is extremely difficult to get to a safe place. To help with the visual aspect of being in a radiation area, a working flashlight would be more beneficial than the blur that you see through the gas mask lenses.

Fourth, and most important and irritating, the loot drop and experience gained. It takes between 4 to 5 times the ammo to kill even regular zombies. You have to shoot them in the head at least 5 times before they die. Super and Alien zombies are even harder to kill. The toxic zombie is even worse. Since you are having to deal with such low visibility and a massive expenditure of ammo, the experience should be at least 3 to 4 times what you get normally. As far as the Toxic Zombie, why the hell is it only dropping 3 items? Especially when a good amount of times 2 of those items are armor and helmets. A regular Super drops 8 items. Why such a restriction on the amount that is dropped from a zombie that takes so much ammo?

In my opinion, the issues presented here can be considered game breakers. I have been playing this game for over 3 years. I don't see any reason why game issues such as these are allowed to continue to exist. It just doesn't make sense.

Hi, thanks for your post once again :)

I agree. Visual effects for gas masks are not relevant and based on night time only on day time. This should be adjusted.

Shouldn't be the case at all. This is probably not intentional.

I'll check out this bug myself and see what we can do ;)

Good point. Toxic Super Zombies should drop more items in quantity. I agree. Especially with the loot like this.

Best Regards,

Sven

BTW i tried the rifle flashlight issue you pointed out but can not seem to reproduce the issue..

https://gyazo.com/6c7dd9262724ec4e423ce89b98435cfe

• Thanks 1

Hi @CampersRUs

This is what we agreed upon fixing:

Bus stop is being taken care of, it should not be like that and you are perfectly right.

Loot drop of Toxic zombie will increase to 5 items

The regular zombies will be changed to die from ~2 headshots.

As an initial step, we will remove the blur that you get while wearing a gas mask in a radiation area. This will improve vision at night greatly and based on further feedback we may change it more.

All this should come for the next patch in which we also will bring some other great news that I think PvE players will enjoy a lot.

Elias

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 3lias said:

Hi @CampersRUs

This is what we agreed upon fixing:

Bus stop is being taken care of, it should not be like that and you are perfectly right.

Loot drop of Toxic zombie will increase to 5 items

The regular zombies will be changed to die from ~2 headshots.

As an initial step, we will remove the blur that you get while wearing a gas mask in a radiation area. This will improve vision at night greatly and based on further feedback we may change it more.

All this should come for the next patch in which we also will bring some other great news that I think PvE players will enjoy a lot.

Elias

Thank you very much @3lias. I appreciate the effort you have put forth to resolve these issues. I still think the Toxic zombie should drop loot equal to the quantity of Super and Alien zombies, but I guess 5 items is better than 3. I suggest however, the items dropped by the Toxic zombie not include the same helmets and armor that the Super and Alien drop. I think weapons and ammo and a rare airdrop caller could be incorporated to make the effort needed to kill the Toxic zombie worth the effort. As I stated, the reward should reflect the amount of effort necessary to kill them.

And @Sven, I still have the issue with the rifle and pistol flashlight. However, I think it may be associated with my older computer. Since I hardly ever use them, and the patches that @3lias has presented here, I'll just leave that issue as it is.

I hope you are all staying safe during the pandemic.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

• Thanks 1