Darkio

FIX THIS GAME PLEASE

HEY DEVS, this is a business world, I know yall would like to make much more money than you're probably getting from this game, how do you do that? BY PUTTING OUT A GOOD PRODUCT PEOPLE WANNA SPEND THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY ON!!!!!!!!! You guys have already put so much work into it, I ain't gonna go into it but yall can go look at all the patch notes and notice how glitch free and hacker free this game is. I appreciate all the work you guys have done and I hate to say it but this game is slowly but surely dying every single day if not already dead. The game has so many other actualy gameplay problems that aren't just glitches an stuff, actual gameplay issues! I know everyone is so against a wipe or big change but at this point the playerbase is so low might as well take the risk and see what happens. This game has such a soft spot in so many peoples hearts but why do none play newz? It has so many gameplay problems that aren't getting fixed. None of them are coming back and the game overall aint gonna be alive much longer or making much to any money at all if the game keeps going at this steady rate. No im not a hater, no im not trash at the game, im just a passionate player whose played since the old warz days, iss, all the emulators till this one. This is the last surviving game with this engine and it has so much potential it just needs help. IF you want this game to be more successful and bring back all the player base with a possible chance, than im telling you from someone who plays this game pretty often, THESE CHANGES NEED TO HAPPEN. PLENTY OTHERS AGREE IF YOU THINK IM JUST RANTING IM SPEAKING FOR THOSE OTHERS AS WELL BUT NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY  SAY THE FORUMS ARE DEAD. 

Clans- put a limit on how many people from a clan can join a server, like 4-5 max and that's it. if anyone else joins put a error message saying they can't join, spread the population amongst the servers u guys pay for to keep open for the public. the huge huge clans are the absolute biggest problem in this game. NO ONE CAN FIGHT A 5+ MAN CLAN WITH SNIPERS SPAWN CAMPING AND KILLING YOU THE SECOND UR SPAWN PROTECTION DIES. IF YOU KILL 1 YOU CANT LOOT THEM AND ITS LIKE STIRRING THE WASPS NEST YOULL BE DEAD SHORTLY AFTER ITS NO FUNNNNNNN!!!!

Revive - this makes the huge clans even worse the spawns are absolutely horrible and the facts u can respawn within 45 seconds after death just promotes spawn camping. HOW DO YOU LEAVE UR OWN SPAWN WHEN EVERYONE JUST RESPAWNS UNDER A MINUTE AND KEEPS KILLING EACH OTHER. ITS JUST CONSTANT SPAWN CAMPING EVERYWHERE.

SNIPERS/LOOT - If you're gonna fix any problem, fix the other two but my god the snipers in this game is horrible. ONLY BIG CLANS LIKE CONSTANT SNIPER PVP. THERES A PLETHORA OF OTHER GUNS BUT NO ONE EVER USES THEM BECAUSE SNIPERS 1 SHOT EVERYTHING AND SPAWN LIKE CANDY. Clear the snipers, make the new spawns extremely hard to find them and very rare. DOnt' make the entire map fully militarized

Listen these are just a few huge major issues, mostly the revive and spawns and clans. But if u want a bigger player base and more profit from this game u need to make these changes, listen to the players I know I aint the only one saying this stuff. Please listen to us devs we're all players who care and want to see this game succeed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

They should do a new standalone game and release it on steam just like they're doing with battle royale, with everything fixed. That way they don't have to wipe anything. Same for survival, or they can even merge survival with open world, to become as close to warz as we knew and loved. Make it happen

1 hour ago, rdk. said:

They should do a new standalone game and release it on steam just like they're doing with battle royale, with everything fixed. That way they don't have to wipe anything. Same for survival, or they can even merge survival with open world, to become as close to warz as we knew and loved. Make it happen

Great idea too! Re-release this game with a improved engine maybe but of course with everything fixed and revised. Like there is so much potential for this game if the devs just do something like this and fix up the gameplay. 

ask them the fredaikis company to buy Romero's aftermath license  I saw a video someone post in youtube the romeros aftermath 2.0 game which was previousely were shut down by the original developers of war zthat develop it in 2015 I think  it is good start to upgrade the game by asking them to buy the Romero's aftermath license with the new engine of war z

3 hours ago, drake armans said:

ask them the fredaikis company to buy Romero's aftermath license  I saw a video someone post in youtube the romeros aftermath 2.0 game which was previousely were shut down by the original developers of war zthat develop it in 2015 I think  it is good start to upgrade the game by asking them to buy the Romero's aftermath license with the new engine of war z

On 2/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Darkio said:

Great idea too! Re-release this game with a improved engine maybe but of course with everything fixed and revised. Like there is so much potential for this game if the devs just do something like this and fix up the gameplay. 

PLEASE. READ THIS ENTIRE POST. YOU MAY FIND WHAT I HAVE TO SAY RELEVENT TO THE ISSUES PRESENTED.

I have, for the better part of the last 2 1/2 years, been trying to get the attention of the admins about these very real issues. Whether it was just a lack of interest, or a lack of understanding that we are not programmers per se. What we are, are a group of players that are passionate about the games we play. After logging countless hours playing games like this one, that we can see what issues are detrimental to the overall gaming experience. I played Aftermath. I also spent a lot of money on it. I have tried to make suggestions that would enhance NewZ. But, alas, they fall mostly on deaf ears. It wasn't until recently that I have seen some of the issues finally being addressed. As for the purchase of Romero's Aftermath, I suspect that that had already happened. Just look at the zombie models, the building models, and many other items that are currently in use in NewZ. The similarities are too close. In fact, that was what drew my attention to NewZ. I had found a game that closely mirrored the good qualities of Aftermath. I know that the developers are working to make some improvements. However, they are also hampered by bad, and sometimes, horrible ideas that seem to move to the forefront of what is implemented in this game. Ideas like adding a glut of boulders and trees in the most unlikely places all with the idea that it 'would make the game safer for PVP players'. That it would, 'Give players more places to hide'. However, it has had the opposite effect. It has made the game more difficult to maneuver around the map. In particular, trees that have been placed in the middle of roads, trees placed physically inside existing buildings, trees placed with limbs and branches protruding through block walls, and hysterically, trees placed in the middle of boulders, and boulders dropped on existing fencing. When I tried to point out the issue of these placements, I was basically told that it would benefit all players.

I have to say that I am a PVE player. I don't care for the PVP aspect of this game because of what @Darkio said in the opening to this thread. I admit, I'm not the best PVP player. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that I am terrible at that mode of play. But a player with moderate skills doesn't stand a chance against the amount of players that stack the game and make it impossible for anyone else to enjoy themselves. Personally, I don't understand what pleasure those players that relish in the fact that they just have to sit and wait to pick off spawning players. It's like hunting in a shooting gallery. All the targets will come to you if you just sit and wait.

I have even tried, with the support of a few other players, to convince the admins and developers that the weekend events were far too lopsided and benefited the PVP player over any other group. Oh, it improved for a time, but it is slowly slipping back to what it was before. The biggest benefits are for the PVP and BR players. The rest of the player base get the leftovers. I was impressed by the recent Valentine event. The best part of it was, you weren't restricted to only a few select locations to garner the event specific items, you could find them on the entire map. Special locations to have their benefits, but overall they are counter-productive to the overall idea of the event. For example, Items that are restricted to a specific location because, during the event, the servers become inundated with players that are only there to collect all the items, thus leaving the solitary players with nothing but the scraps. (BTW, this is another reason to limit clans. Not just in PVP, but in the game as a whole).

These, and so many more issues, are the reasons there isn't a more permanent player base. In my experience in this game, and yes, I'm still holding out hope that things will change, much like I did when Aftermath was dying. But if things don't change, NewZ will cease to exist. I have adopted the practice to no longer accept friend invites. I have had some friends that were fun to game with. But, it always ends the same way. They leave because they are unhappy with the progression of the game. This includes some of the rude behavior of the admins, developers, and mods in these forums. They became disenchanted by the way they were treated when they tried to present problems to the support team. Although a small amount of these things have been addressed, there are still problems. It's nice to see @Fred and @3lias taking a more active part in these discussions. I fear, however, that this is just superficial attempt to appease the masses. It is my hope that I am wrong about this, but only time will tell.

The bottom line here is, very old issues that have plagued this game are still present for the most part. With the game being upgraded to a 64bit platform, I hope the issues can be better addressed more efficiently.

Here's hoping for a brighter future for Infestation: The NewZ.

• Love 1

On 2/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, CampersRUs said:

PLEASE. READ THIS ENTIRE POST. YOU MAY FIND WHAT I HAVE TO SAY RELEVENT TO THE ISSUES PRESENTED.

I have, for the better part of the last 2 1/2 years, been trying to get the attention of the admins about these very real issues. Whether it was just a lack of interest, or a lack of understanding that we are not programmers per se. What we are, are a group of players that are passionate about the games we play. After logging countless hours playing games like this one, that we can see what issues are detrimental to the overall gaming experience. I played Aftermath. I also spent a lot of money on it. I have tried to make suggestions that would enhance NewZ. But, alas, they fall mostly on deaf ears. It wasn't until recently that I have seen some of the issues finally being addressed. As for the purchase of Romero's Aftermath, I suspect that that had already happened. Just look at the zombie models, the building models, and many other items that are currently in use in NewZ. The similarities are too close. In fact, that was what drew my attention to NewZ. I had found a game that closely mirrored the good qualities of Aftermath. I know that the developers are working to make some improvements. However, they are also hampered by bad, and sometimes, horrible ideas that seem to move to the forefront of what is implemented in this game. Ideas like adding a glut of boulders and trees in the most unlikely places all with the idea that it 'would make the game safer for PVP players'. That it would, 'Give players more places to hide'. However, it has had the opposite effect. It has made the game more difficult to maneuver around the map. In particular, trees that have been placed in the middle of roads, trees placed physically inside existing buildings, trees placed with limbs and branches protruding through block walls, and hysterically, trees placed in the middle of boulders, and boulders dropped on existing fencing. When I tried to point out the issue of these placements, I was basically told that it would benefit all players.

I have to say that I am a PVE player. I don't care for the PVP aspect of this game because of what @Darkio said in the opening to this thread. I admit, I'm not the best PVP player. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that I am terrible at that mode of play. But a player with moderate skills doesn't stand a chance against the amount of players that stack the game and make it impossible for anyone else to enjoy themselves. Personally, I don't understand what pleasure those players that relish in the fact that they just have to sit and wait to pick off spawning players. It's like hunting in a shooting gallery. All the targets will come to you if you just sit and wait.

I have even tried, with the support of a few other players, to convince the admins and developers that the weekend events were far too lopsided and benefited the PVP player over any other group. Oh, it improved for a time, but it is slowly slipping back to what it was before. The biggest benefits are for the PVP and BR players. The rest of the player base get the leftovers. I was impressed by the recent Valentine event. The best part of it was, you weren't restricted to only a few select locations to garner the event specific items, you could find them on the entire map. Special locations to have their benefits, but overall they are counter-productive to the overall idea of the event. For example, Items that are restricted to a specific location because, during the event, the servers become inundated with players that are only there to collect all the items, thus leaving the solitary players with nothing but the scraps. (BTW, this is another reason to limit clans. Not just in PVP, but in the game as a whole).

These, and so many more issues, are the reasons there isn't a more permanent player base. In my experience in this game, and yes, I'm still holding out hope that things will change, much like I did when Aftermath was dying. But if things don't change, NewZ will cease to exist. I have adopted the practice to no longer accept friend invites. I have had some friends that were fun to game with. But, it always ends the same way. They leave because they are unhappy with the progression of the game. This includes some of the rude behavior of the admins, developers, and mods in these forums. They became disenchanted by the way they were treated when they tried to present problems to the support team. Although a small amount of these things have been addressed, there are still problems. It's nice to see @Fred and @3lias taking a more active part in these discussions. I fear, however, that this is just superficial attempt to appease the masses. It is my hope that I am wrong about this, but only time will tell.

The bottom line here is, very old issues that have plagued this game are still present for the most part. With the game being upgraded to a 64bit platform, I hope the issues can be better addressed more efficiently.

Here's hoping for a brighter future for Infestation: The NewZ.

I appreciate the well thought out response, I read it all and we agree on a lot. The game surely is plagued with lots of gameplay issues and old issues. Andf maybe you're right, as players none of us are coders or anything like that, so we don't know the whole behind the scenes. But you want to run a game you should listen to the players, if you can't physically fix the problem, address the player base as a whole explaining why it may or may not happen. Not just ghost every forum post related to any issues and just never answer them. I have never seen such a passionate group of players for a game than I have with the WarZ/ISS/NewZ title. I myself want a brighter funnier future for this game. Sadly though I've made countless posts related to many of these issues and I don't think a single  mod, admin or anyone ever responded. If yall really care about this game, least make a post directed to the entire community on why all these big breaking issues and gameplay issues can't be fixed or at least tuned. A dedicated community is very important for a game, especially for one like this, you shouldn't just let the community slip away die, this is the last leg for the WarZ/NewZ IP and many many players would love to see it continue and strive, and many many players would come back I can bet. 

• Love 1

On 2/22/2020 at 6:41 PM, Darkio said:

Clans- put a limit on how many people from a clan can join a server, like 4-5 max and that's it.

They tried it some time a go. Clans create a new clan and play together. And the problem in pvp not is the number of enemies, is your second point;

Revive - this makes the huge clans even worse the spawns are absolutely horrible and the facts u can respawn within 45 seconds after death just promotes spawn camping. HOW DO YOU LEAVE UR OWN SPAWN WHEN EVERYONE JUST RESPAWNS UNDER A MINUTE AND KEEPS KILLING EACH OTHER. ITS JUST CONSTANT SPAWN CAMPING EVERYWHERE.

This is the real problem. The time to revive is to fast and you can't respawn in another place. If you put 2 min respawn and a choise to respaw you solve all the problem.

Clear the snipers, make the new spawns extremely hard to find them and very rare.

This make the game die. But you have a simple optiom to solve the "snipers jumper fest". Make the sniper more realist, heavy and slow reload. All games make the sniper move more slow than when uses rifles or SMG guns. Why in the new z you can jump and shot with a .50? And take out the ammo in marketplace. This force the players to save ammo and make the blackmarket work with sniper ammo again. The blackmarket sell only itens out off marketplace. Skins and guns. 
Do this and rare rifle snipers make the economy functional again.

2 minutes ago, JKS said:

They tried it some time a go. Clans create a new clan and play together. And the problem in pvp not is the number of enemies, is your second point;

This is the real problem. The time to revive is to fast and you can't respawn in another place. If you put 2 min respawn and a choise to respaw you solve all the problem.

This make the game die. But you have a simple optiom to solve the "snipers jumper fest". Make the sniper more realist, heavy and slow reload. All games make the sniper move more slow than when uses rifles or SMG guns. Why in the new z you can jump and shot with a .50? And take out the ammo in marketplace. This force the players to save ammo and make the blackmarket work with sniper ammo again. The blackmarket sell only itens out off marketplace. Skins and guns. 
Do this and rare rifle snipers make the economy functional again.

I think your analysis is more accurate. I can make a poll to see if the community wants the timer to increase.

@CampersRUs why is the issue with trees on roads such a big issue for you? I've identified it as one of your major issues over the months, I haven't seen it elsewhere. Perhaps take some time to post screenshots of these trees that you are talking about? It's hard to understand what you mean. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/xg0n20k

https://imgur.com/5NCAK82

https://imgur.com/JYasH34

Here are a couple of examples of trees placed in ridiculous places. If you want to see for yourself visit this server. Colorado V2 PVE Server US and visit Camp Splinter to see an excellent example of a tree protruding through a wall and guard tower. While you are in that server, drive around, you will see many more examples of this issue.

I have posted lots of screenshots that address issues such as this. Do some research into my past posts. You will see for yourself. There's even an RV that has a tree in the middle that completely blocks the vehicle. This is on a Colorado V1 server.

https://imgur.com/vPcHjaG

Here is an example of a tree that was dropped in the middle of a boulder stack. It's difficult to know which one was dropped there first.

In addition, you can speak with @Sven. He has seen more of my pictures of this issue.

Edited by CampersRUs

5 hours ago, 3lias said:

I think your analysis is more accurate. I can make a poll to see if the community wants the timer to increase.

Maybe chose your respaw? 3 options at 500m dead?

2 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

https://imgur.com/xg0n20k

https://imgur.com/5NCAK82

https://imgur.com/JYasH34

Here are a couple of examples of trees placed in ridiculous places. If you want to see for yourself visit this server. Colorado V2 PVE Server US and visit Camp Splinter to see an excellent example of a tree protruding through a wall and guard tower. While you are in that server, drive around, you will see many more examples of this issue.

I have posted lots of screenshots that address issues such as this. Do some research into my past posts. You will see for yourself. There's even an RV that has a tree in the middle that completely blocks the vehicle. This is on a Colorado V1 server.

https://imgur.com/vPcHjaG

Here is an example of a tree that was dropped in the middle of a boulder stack. It's difficult to know which one was dropped there first.

In addition, you can speak with @Sven. He has seen more of my pictures of this issue.

Is this in private server?

5 hours ago, JKS said:

Is this in private server?

Yes. It's Colorado V2 PVE Server US. It's the server that also appears in the Europe and Asia server groups. Also, the Colorado V1 server was a private server.

Edited by CampersRUs

10 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Yes. It's Colorado V2 PVE Server US. It's the server that also appears in the Europe and Asia server groups. Also, the Colorado V1 server was a private server.

Some of this places I remember to see in my private server, but now playing in OW this was fixed (maybe). They fix the OW but not the Private servers, I guess...

Edited by JKS
NOW for OW

11 hours ago, JKS said:

Some of this places I remember to see in my private server, but now playing in OW this was fixed (maybe). They fix the OW but not the Private servers, I guess...

Just to clarify, OW is the main option that encompasses both Official and Private servers. Since I only play PVE, I do not go into the Official servers.

• Thanks 1