3lias

INFESTATION: BATTLE ROYALE - FREE-TO-PLAY COMING ON STEAM MARCH 4TH!

Dear players,

We are proud to announce the upcoming release of Infestation: Battle Royale on Steam!

Infestation: BR is a zombie-infested Battle Royale set in the classic Infestation/WarZ environment. While much is recognizable, this release features massive updates, such as a 64-bit engine, new maps, new content, ranking system, friends system and season passes!

Play alone or in groups of 3 in 100-player matches set in various maps including the classic Colorado. Earn rewards and make your way up the ranking system in this fast-paced Battle Royale. All this in a fair environment thanks to the custom made Fredaikis Anti-Cheat (FAC).

Releasing on Steam March 4th, make sure to add it to your wishlist now already!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1240290/Infestation_Battle_Royale/

• WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE CURRENT BATTLE ROYALE MODE?

What started out as a beta has now grown so big that we decided it's time to make Battle Royale its own game. BR will be lifted out of New Z before the release and added to the launcher and Steam as a separate game. By doing so we hope to raise the attention of new players, and also players who are into Battle Royale games but not necessarily survival.  For the patch set for early March/late February we are bringing a lot of new content both to The New Z and Battle Royale such as Colorado V1 BR, massive vehicle improvements, performance optimizations, 64-bit gameplay, new loot with new spawn mechanisms etc.

• CAN I STILL USE MY NEW Z ACCOUNT? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY PURCHASED CONTENT?

Don't worry, you will still use the same account in order to log in. You will not lose anything from the splitting, all skins, sprays and other content which you've purchased in New Z will still be available in the new Battle Royale game.

• OK, SO THE ACCOUNTS WILL STILL BE LINKED?

Correct, things like experience, season passes, account subscriptions will still be synced over both games, just like before. If you make a purchase in Infestation: Battle Royale it will be availible in The New Z and vice versa.

• WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE CURRENT LEADERBOARDS?

As this in a way means that Battle Royale is stepping out of Beta, hopefully with a great influx of new players - we feel that it makes sense to also reset the current leaderboards. This will be done on the Steam launch date - 4th of March - and high ranked players will be contacted and granted a special reward.

• I DON'T PLAY BATTLE ROYALE, HOW IS THIS BENEFICIAL FOR ME?

Our hope is that this will as well raise the public's attention to New Z and that it will help bring an influx of players to both games!

• WHAT ABOUT NEW Z, WILL IT BE LEFT BEHIND?

NO! Together with the BR separation we are patching The New Z into patch 3.0! With the 64-bit additions and focus on performance improvements and bugs lately we think it's time for New Z to step into the next stage and we aim to bring you updates just like we have been for the past 4 years! :) More info about patch 3.0 will come at a later stage!

We hope this double-release (BR and Patch 3.0) brings you good news and that you are as excited as we are about this!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comment field below!

Best Wishes from the Fredaikis team

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, 3lias said:
  • WHAT ABOUT NEW Z, WILL IT BE LEFT BEHIND?

NO! Together with the BR separation we are patching The New Z into patch 3.0! With the 64-bit additions and focus on performance improvements and bugs lately we think it's time for New Z to step into the next stage and we aim to bring you updates just like we have been for the past 4 years! :) More info about patch 3.0 will come at a later stage!

Sorry, I'm not convinced that there will be much of an improvement for The New Z. Issues that have been talked about for the last 3 years that I have been playing are still there. Vehicles are still difficult to control when hitting a bump. Trees are still planted in the middle of roads and houses. And then there are all those unnecessary boulders. Want some examples of what I'm talking about, take a look at my posting history. I have posted screenshots of a bunch of them.

There have been a couple improvements however. It's quicker to move loot from your backpack to your GI storage. And, we're not getting constantly disconnected for one reason or another.

It is my sincere hope that the old issues that have been around forever will finally get the attention they deserve. Want to attract and keep players? Fixing problems is a giant step in the right direction.

7 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Sorry, I'm not convinced that there will be much of an improvement for The New Z. Issues that have been talked about for the last 3 years that I have been playing are still there. Vehicles are still difficult to control when hitting a bump. Trees are still planted in the middle of roads and houses. And then there are all those unnecessary boulders. Want some examples of what I'm talking about, take a look at my posting history. I have posted screenshots of a bunch of them.

There have been a couple improvements however. It's quicker to move loot from your backpack to your GI storage. And, we're not getting constantly disconnected for one reason or another.

It is my sincere hope that the old issues that have been around forever will finally get the attention they deserve. Want to attract and keep players? Fixing problems is a giant step in the right direction.

The major vehicle crashes have finally been found and fixed, cars are coming back in the game to the same extent which they were occuring in the past for next patch. I have told you many times how much we've been trying to fix the car issue, and the 64-bit upgrade made us able to finally find some of the key bugs that made them unstable.

We will also roll out an update aimed to improve the handling. Hope you're excited.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 3lias said:
  • WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE CURRENT LEADERBOARDS?

As this in a way means that Battle Royale is stepping out of Beta, hopefully with a great influx of new players - we feel that it makes sense to also reset the current leaderboards. This will be done on the Steam launch date - 4th of March - and high ranked players will be contacted and granted a special reward.

Please only benefit those who have never been banned for playing in large groups.

17 hours ago, Freddy D said:

we need the same with survival, just bring the old infestation survivor stories out with fredaikis anti cheat, i would be have much players.

I personally really like this idea, taking a new approach to "survival" and keeping open world more as a "arcade" mode, that could be huge!

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Fred said:

I personally really like this idea, taking a new approach to "survival" and keeping open world more as a "arcade" mode, that could be huge!

If you don't do a sniper jump fest by dropping everything x 100 or putting everything in the store.