ElChupacabra

Devblog - Assault Rifles Rework

this good for gun fight mechanic  i so confuse i should play survival mode or open world we need game game play like day z or rust bro new gameplay crafting and raid bro 

• Thanks 1

The AR rework is helping unskilled players more than the skilled players.

Its way easier to camp now and kill people on far distances while you dont have to show yourself.

Right now with the current update its very hard to push anyone who is just jumping up behind shields or rightpeaking. the accuracy is set a little to high.

It took more skill to shoot accurate in distance before.

I like the decay right now. the dmg you deal to players on further distances should be kept. but you might want to rethink the accuracy.

I know that not many play the colorady/caliwood only AR servers, but thats the best place to test the reworks.
So before arguing please keep in mind to test all kinds of AR playment: open world, pvp server, BR, and survival

Thats just my oppinion, but i did alot of empiric tests :P

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KiLL3r said:

Its way easier to camp now and kill people on far distances while you dont have to show yourself.

Right now with the current update its very hard to push anyone who is just jumping up behind shields or rightpeaking. the accuracy is set a little to high.

I like the decay right now. the dmg you deal to players on further distances should be kept. but you might want to rethink the accuracy.

I know that not many play the colorady/caliwood only AR servers, but thats the best place to test the reworks.
So before arguing please keep in mind to test all kinds of AR playment: open world, pvp server, BR, and survival

The problem previously was that even if you aimed at enemies head, you wouldn't hit them due to the spread. Now it's more rewarding. You will still need to aim properly at them and control the recoil and spread and not spray-and-pray. I think that hugely favors skilled players. 

Thats true. it took some skill to do the right tapping for headshots. But right now everyone became an AR god because its too easy to hit. It helps camping players alot, in combination with the following:
What really needs to be worked on is jumpshots, noscopes (with snipe and AR), shooting without showing yourself much 

Edited by KiLL3r
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KiLL3r said:

Thats true. it took some skill to do the right tapping for headshots. But right now everyone became an AR god because its too easy to hit. It helps camping players alot, in combination with the following:
What really needs to be worked on is jumpshots, noscopes (with snipe and AR), shooting without showing yourself much 

Good points. I'll see what can be done with that. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, KiLL3r said:

Spread was random, it doesnt matter how "skilled" you are, bullets should always go where you aim. There is not a single competitive shooting game thats realistic that has their entire game gun mechanics based on the randomness of spread. Other factors should play a bigger role, factors that are not random based and that can actually be trained or practiced for by players.

Then again, doesn't matter what game-mode you play? A gun is supposed to shoot where you aim and not 1000 meters next to where you aim.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sven said:

A gun is supposed to shoot where you aim and not 1000 meters next to where you aim.

🤔🤔🤔

True

I think is a very good idea, i would also like too see if possible the snipers mechanics revamped, as in the game a sniper can kill you in the head while jumping around next too you without aiming. That must be a glitch or the mechanics are off. Oh and its nearly always a head shot. 

There is good and not so good :). To see when it is in place.

By cons fully agree with Killer for players who jump and shoot at the same time ... Only head .. Limit more precise than if you do not jump. This is one of the reasons why I do not play on a bastion server. Too many players shoot while jumping and are magical ...

But good patch to come I hope :).

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Great job. Now, rifles are relevant again in the game. Before they used it only as a shotgun.

8 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

It's the Assault Rifles Rework. 

The main reason for this is to make ARs more worth it for skilled players... Right now, no matter how you skilled you are, it doesn't pay off to use an AR, unless it's close range.

I applaud your efforts on this @ElChupacabra. It was irritating trying to shoot at a distance, even for the PVE players. It's a welcome update to the ARs. It's my hope that sometime soon, someone will put forth the same effort to correct the deplorable state that the vehicles are in. Would be nice to actually travel in the intended direction without flipping, rolling and sailing through the air and having to continually re-orient to your destination. 😁

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

I personally think it's good that the ARs are being improved, but at the same time I have to say that they just don't feel good in my hand right now.

How about if we reset the AR s settings and take care of the Snipernerf first, which is much more important in my opinion?

Still, I think it's good that a balance is created, but we have to test things before you bring them into the game.

3 hours ago, Freddy D said:

Snipers most have to be reworked to, nerf than in some points like mobility and buff in some points like damage.
.50 MUST kill player with custom guerrilha, it or make vision all gray. (1% or 4% at heavy). AWP hitkill, .50 heavy to run (make players run slow) and VSS kill only in the head and take less 40% damage in body (it's a 9mm sniper) but must have the same firerate than VSS compact.

For now focus on rfiles. There so much and the sniper comunity will cry a loot soon.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Good points. I'll see what can be done with that. 

I totally agree, you see so many people just bunny hoping without aiming yet its a head shot every time 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Freddy D said:

I personally think it's good that the ARs are being improved, but at the same time I have to say that they just don't feel good in my hand right now.

How about if we reset the AR s settings and take care of the Snipernerf first, which is much more important in my opinion?

Still, I think it's good that a balance is created, but we have to test things before you bring them into the game.

These changes shown on the video aren't on the live client yet. We'll start dev testing it in the next few days. 

There will be phases in testing then SMG/DMR reworks since they're both useless right now.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JKS said:

Snipers most have to be reworked to, nerf than in some points like mobility and buff in some points like damage.
.50 MUST kill player with custom guerrilha, it or make vision all gray. (1% or 4% at heavy). AWP hitkill, .50 heavy to run (make players run slow) and VSS kill only in the head and take less 40% damage in body (it's a 9mm sniper) but must have the same firerate than VSS compact.

I really like the VSS point. thats a good idea

Jump and shoot , Quick Scope and no scope those the main issue i think

me and my friends quit the game long time ago for many reasons one of them the snipers and their power and the people who are insane and u have no chance to fight them because they are so good with snipers and always rush u even if u have an ar . my point we need mechanism to be more realistic and much closer to the original WARZ , like if u are a sniper ok u going to be at the hill or behind tree but rushing with it will be so hard

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:35 PM, Sven said:

Spread was random, it doesnt matter how "skilled" you are, bullets should always go where you aim.

Exactly. That's why the rapidfire macro abusers are not happy now.  They thought they were 'skilled'. Now they are more vulnerable than before.

Welcome to AR only servers, 'skilled' clickers.

Sven, I expected you somehow control the rate of fire stats now with these changes.  But you obviously don't run that stats don't you?

Every gun has its own rate of fire, some abusers exceed it firing more bullets at a burst. You could have added a live punish to this abuse somehow... 

I am upset you don't address your efforts in this direction.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for this update. As well as for giving Colorado back to us. 

Cheers.

Edited by KinkyWarren

On 1/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, KinkyWarren said:

Exactly. That's why the rapidfire macro abusers are not happy now.  They thought they were 'skilled'. Now they are more vulnerable than before.

Welcome to AR only servers, 'skilled' clickers.

Sven, I expected you somehow control the rate of fire stats now with these changes.  But you obviously don't run that stats don't you?

Every gun has its own rate of fire, some abusers exceed it firing more bullets at a burst. You could have added a live punish to this abuse somehow... 

I am upset you don't address your efforts in this direction.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for this update. As well as for giving Colorado back to us. 

Cheers.

It is not possible to shoot faster than the gun's normal fire rate. It blocks the shots. That's why sometimes when you (legit players) tap too fast, some of the "clicks"  don't register. 

5 hours ago, RIOTJUICE said:

Is there a list of which AR's are going to be considered the "long range" like the SIG and which ones are the close range guns like the IMTAR ?

Thanks

We are starting the testing phase now and will check how they are and change them around a bit to see which is better. When it's more permanent, I'll make another one, showing as many as possible.