Sven

Building System

The crafting materials to make the tool required to build is extremely rare. an increase drop rate in GLUE across the board would enhance play. I have plenty of juggernaut parts, but not glue to even build the first step. Now you bring this mode into survival? -I've put in over 72 hrs of game play across many maps & zones, and found NONE.  please help! increase the drop rate for glue a bit more?? or at least remove it from the crafting requirements in leiu of ROPE (for a handle grip & tie the head on).  Players want to farm & build on maps!

Ok. Now that you have adjusted the drops in survival I finally found enough materials to make a building hammer. The buildings do not last 24hrs. You have them only 250 hp (so they can be knocked down in just a few axe swings, when it should be  at least 5 mins to knock down a wall solo with a double axe) so anyone can knock them down. The deterioration rate (I noticed it tick down over the time I was in it looking to expand it) is also way too fast.  ALSO--if you are going to have deterioration, or damage... WE MUST BE ABLE TO REPAIR THE WALLS.... we currently cannot do that. Whats the point if I cannot UPKEEP MY NEW BASE?? I love my spot & is untouched and want to maintain its existence. the DEMOLITION action does not work, either.  Please adjust these thing next patch??

54 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

WE MUST BE ABLE TO REPAIR THE WALLS

There is no reason to make a base if you cant do that....You spend one month to gather all items and you lose base after 5-10 min???I notice the items to make c4 is easy to find...metal gun powder and rifle lazer....Easy cake!!!

6 hours ago, TheWraith said:

There is no reason to make a base if you cant do that....You spend one month to gather all items and you lose base after 5-10 min???I notice the items to make c4 is easy to find...metal gun powder and rifle lazer....Easy cake!!!

Yeah that scares me. If it took me my entire game play up to this point to gather enough material to build a basic base and it all fell in 24 hours. I actually built 2. I built 1 in plain sight to see how long before someone would knock it down and it was gone in less than 12 hours. C4 is pointless, until its values are adjusted by actual walls. IF I COULD ONLY REPAIR THE STRUCTURES!!! we need a repair function. Its as easy as keybinding the R when holding the hammer for REPAIR, and then subtracting the amt of materials needed to bring the wall back to 100% from your cache in your backpack. And until you can repair damaged structures, the values of strength are adjusted, and structures you build are permanent, Im not building a base... I can just make a box and put it somewhere for the session, then pickup the box on my way to a safezone. Id' rather have it for materials for arrows than blow it on a building I cannot keep. Now add in the C4. Just one will pretty much knock down the whole building. the scale is tipped horrible.

Im basing everything I do on SURVIVAL [BASE] Colorado MAPS open to everyone. And when there are up to 10 ppl on at the same time on the server, loot becomes super rare. It needs to be adjusted similar to openworld rates. the new one is a bit better.... still need to tweak the zombie counts tho. In order to make even one crafting hammer I had to visit all the survival maps to find glue to make it, after the new drop rate. spending 8 hours of actual game play looking wasn't fun just to find one, but better than the 72 hours of gameplay I had until I found my first glue in the game (thank goodness I kept it in my global. I almost used it).  The hammer only works on [BASE] servers. The material strength is currently equivalent to its cost. in about 10 or 15 axes swings I can knock it down. If the structure is left untouched, after 24 hours the whole thing fall down due to deterioration rate. I did a 24 hr 12 hr & 6 hr check.  The building even left undiscovered is gone in 24 hrs. It needs to be permanent until someone completely destroys it.  The strength of walls needs to be figured out. the walls need to be stronger than doors. If it takes 2 C4 explosives to blow open an enemy door. then a wall should be double or triple that for lvl1 building materials.  Im glad they have "metal upgrades" for window walls, but this needs to be applied for all outside building material parts.. then a brick/stone upgrade as the final material upgrade would be most excellent. (lvl1 - wood; lvl 2 metal; lvl 3 stone--needing 9 or more c4 shows that a clan needs to attack or raiders need to target the weakest part--the door; AND covers all 3 crafting material basics) The point is integration of tiered crafting mechanics getting an upgrade in this game.

for now , save your materials until they make it better. GIVE US A REPAIR FUNCTION, stronger defense, and NO deterioration rates, please.

Edited by Thisisjoetv

4 hours ago, Thisisjoetv said:

until you can repair damaged structures

I have made a suggestion :You build the base and day by day (real days/24h) the walls get older and older (lets say in 5 for wooden,7 for stone...) you can destroy them only then.In that way you have the oportunity to repair them. Now no need to risk a raid when owner is in and kill me from window...just let him log off and in 2 mins ill knock down all structure and take all his loot! I dont see the point to make base now....BUT NO ANSWER,NOT A REPLY to tell me if is good or bad idea...

And why only in pvp servers??? It cant be done in pve too??? Simple... when you build your base automaticly you have a circle around base (like with safe zones with shield) that allow you to use the weapons only in that circle...Same NO ANSWER,NOT A REPLY...

Thats why i dont even think to build and prefer gather items only to trade with others...

10 hours ago, TheWraith said:

I have made a suggestion :You build the base and day by day (real days/24h) the walls get older and older (lets say in 5 for wooden,7 for stone...) you can destroy them only then.In that way you have the oportunity to repair them. Now no need to risk a raid when owner is in and kill me from window...just let him log off and in 2 mins ill knock down all structure and take all his loot! I dont see the point to make base now....BUT NO ANSWER,NOT A REPLY to tell me if is good or bad idea...

And why only in pvp servers??? It cant be done in pve too??? Simple... when you build your base automaticly you have a circle around base (like with safe zones with shield) that allow you to use the weapons only in that circle...Same NO ANSWER,NOT A REPLY...

Thats why i dont even think to build and prefer gather items only to trade with others...

I have no problem with deterioration. I have a problem with the rate at which it happens. If you build a basic  single foundation, 6 wall square base and out fit it with a door... it all falls apart on its own in 24 hrs... this should NOT happen. the rates are to fast... I can understand if the rate was like that for 5 days..sure. it makes the player update & REPAIR thier base over time. It also requires the player to login in everyday to make sure the base is still there (increasing players online in their game--are you guys listening YET??)  Kinda hard to do that when there IS NO REPAIR FUNCTION..

I am NOT BUILDING A BASE TO PROTECT until they add a repair tool/function, and improve the building strength so that it doesnt disappear on its own inside 24 hrs. It shouldnt take a solo player less than 5 mins to knock it all down as if it never existed. It takes longer to break open a WOODEN LOCKER ffs.. a wooden Locker has the 10000xp.. it takes 20 mins of hacking one with a sword to bust it open. Walls & doors should be 3 times harder than the wooden locker... FFS, a the wooden locker is better than a base... its smaller, stronger & can be left alone for more than a few days without it being broken into or discovered.  That the thing.. players like me WANT player to player RAID interactions in the PVP survival modes, but not when there is no basis to protect it.. I want to be able to raid another player with the chance of actually dying because I can be caught. If I can knock it all down, and loot your base in 5 mins---and  it takes 10 times longer to gather the materials than it does to build it when a strong breeze and a short time lapse it allso goes away?.. WHY BOTHER BUILDING ONE???

• Thanks 1