Silenterror

Future of Survival - We need your opinions!

17 minutes ago, kubol99 said:

We need wipe.. Look at succes in WOW - but we dont need just survival wipe, make survival and open world in 1, cities will have civilians, farms gonna be alive again... like in 2012 u can meet everyone EVERYWHERE THATS THE KEY TO WIN!!

We have been over this point a bunch of times. The bottom line here is NO WIPES! PERIOD! There was a wipe a while back. All it accomplished was to drive players away. This has been discussed at length and the majority agreed and so did the Devs. There will be no more wipes. If a wipe happens, say good bye to more than half the player base. Let me remind you …. THIS IS NOT W0W!!! THIS IS INFESTATION: THE NEWZ.

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

We have been over this point a bunch of times. The bottom line here is NO WIPES! PERIOD! There was a wipe a while back. All it accomplished was to drive players away. This has been discussed at length and the majority agreed and so did the Devs. There will be no more wipes. If a wipe happens, say good bye to more than half the player base. Let me remind you …. THIS IS NOT W0W!!! THIS IS INFESTATION: THE NEWZ.

So why infestation thaliand (infestation world) NEW REWORK HAVE TONS OF PLAYERS? Not only THAILAND

3 hours ago, kubol99 said:

We need wipe.. Look at succes in WOW - but we dont need just survival wipe, make survival and open world in 1, cities will have civilians, farms gonna be alive again... like in 2012 u can meet everyone EVERYWHERE THATS THE KEY TO WIN!!

Man. I'm playing wow for 10 years... Classic is big success...but for few months xD and by making classic WoW they didn't wipe main accounts for fk sake!! if u will wipe this game...it's gonna be death of this game ;) Me and many others players won't start 10th time same shit. If some bambi are too lazy to start why should we be wiped? it's not fair. I started as a bambi and now I have a lot of items. They can do same thing. It's not that hard. 

• Thanks 3

On 9/16/2019 at 12:30 AM, Steve said:

What do you guys think about:

1. Reworking the maps and loot and only bring the original maps back (Colorado V2 and Caliwood).
  2. Doing a full wipe? Meaning that we'll wipe all the items from the Global Inventories.
  3. Partial wipe? Which means we only remove a part of the weapons. For example if you have 1000 Night stalker, we change the stack to 50.
  4. Adding a currency and stem cells.

We understand, some people might not agree with us but we have to do something in Survival to bring more players in there.

1. +1 for Map rework.  New survival only maps.  I like how the maps have been cleaned up a lot.

2. -1 for a full wipe. Been playing survival mode exclusively since release and have yet to find a sniper anywhere. What I have in my GI is the result of countless hours playing.  Just over 100 bandages/pain killers, less than 20 antibiotics, maybe 7 bandages DX and less than 5 first aid kits.  If it is wiped, I would probably cease to play the mode.

3. -1 Partial wipe of weapons. Same comment as #2. It has taken a long time to accrue any decent weapons in Survival. Wiping 95% of player's time/effort is not going to encourage people to play the mode any more than pre-wipe. 

4. I don't see how adding currency will get people the play survival. 

How about adding new "survival only" dynamics to the mode.  For example: hunting, camping, campfire/cooking, weather affects, etc.  Also some new zombie skins (looks) or even a new type all together. Like a crawler (missing legs), a type that only comes out at night, or even one that flees vs attacks that might have unique loot.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2019 at 8:46 AM, GWLincoln said:

New survival only maps.

new "survival only" dynamics.  hunting, camping, campfire/cooking, weather affects, etc.

new zombie skins (looks) or even a new type all together. Like a crawler (missing legs), a type that only comes out at night, or even one that flees vs attacks that might have unique loot.

Good ideas. Instead of wipe, add some more unique pve content, you won't have in GlobalWorld.

Developers mentioned they could dynamically change things like weapon or movement characteristics - why not add huge anomaly zones where firearms won't work? With melee only, for the sake of safe looting, and melee fun?

• Thanks 1

I suggested a few ideas to Survival here: https://suggest.playnewz.com/viewsuggestion?/137-morr-anomaly-zones

Developers mentioned they could dynamically change things like weapon or movement characteristics - why not add more anomaly zones in addition to the current radiation? 

1. Melee zone where firearms won't work. 

2. Teleport zones migrating over looting spots throughout the map, with occasional random spots porting you randomly away. Bus travel mechanics would be okay.

3. Ghost zones where a no-hitbox NPC disguised as a player would run along a street and dissapear. 

4. Random ghost-player sounds like far away shooting and close running footsteps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

And the main thig:  please post more video footage to the development process.  The q&a sessions, modelling process, arts, polls, etc.   Constantly more public attention in the media to what you're doing with the Survival.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:37 PM, Kjer said:

Okay, where to start?... Let me start by saying, that I'm surprised that "wipe" is even presented on the table, that we are even talking about it lol, - Let me explain why....

First of all, you guys promised at dawn of NewZ, that there will never be a wipe. Ok, initially it was promised on the premises of Open World, before Survival was released, but a promise like that should stick to the game "in-whole", in my opinion. ...... Do you guys remember "why" you made such promises?....

... Which bring me to second part: LEARN FROM HISTORY! - Any REAL WarZ/Infestation veteran out there KNOWS, that this entire game series has really-really-really BAD history when it comes to WIPE. There's literal statistics out there, that will show, that a wipe has never done what people hoped it would do. I have an entire leagues of old friends/legends/veterans, that still in their heart loves infestation, but won't touch it for very reasonable moral reasons, like they have been forced by devs to start over one too many times, - It's really sad actually.

Many people think I'm against a wipe just because I'm the richest guy in all of Survival (at least I think I am). That's not true. In matter of fact, I agree with OP statement on everything... Survival does have too many snipers, and too much valuable loot than it supposed to have, to give that "Classic Infestation feeling". And I will gladly sacrifice 130 of my 150 snipers in my GI for making Survival great again! EVEN THOUGH I have literally spend about a 1000 Euro on my Survival account (converting GC to GD [selling mystery boxes], and trading for Survival loot). Because, NewZ/Survival is my number 1 free time hobby, and I love this game more than my GI. - I know that I technically can't use that as an excuse, as GD for Survival loot is "not supported" my devs, but then at the same time, it doesn't change the fact, that I actually had an INSANE GI in both loot AND snipers even BEFORE I started trading. - And it's honestly not the players fault, that the devs haven't provided any any better trading methods / or Survival currency (speaking of classic iss)... If you think about it, many players who came to Survival, already played OW for a long time, and they technically got PUNISHED for liking Survival more, as all their GD they have been working for, has technically been rendered USELESS. 

Therefore, I am ALL FOR a global "SCALE-DOWN" of loot, - That would be FAIR to everybody, and given the bad history of wipes,  it seems as the most sensible thing to do, rather than literally stealing everything people have been working for.

That's my take on it. Peace. 🖖

I'm with you on this one. We just want to hear people out on opinions. But looking at history wipe has never granted something good. It even almost killed the game before we got on Steam.

• Thanks 2

Não é nada bom retirar nossas armas, oque deve ser feito é aumentar a chance de parecer rifle de francoatirador e riot shield para que possamos pegar mais facilmente e aproveitar o jogo ao máximo.  

• Haha 1

i would hate to see a total wipe of our gi as ive already gone through this once when i:ss went away and then again when the same thing happened with romeros aftermath. if i have to start over again i probably wont play, i dont feel its right to get punished for all my hard work and time. as far as a cap on items thats fine as it it i limit my inventory to  a  max of 50 per item. and what ive done in the past is try to find the new inexperienced players try to give them some guidance and set them up with some items so they can stand a chance against more experienced players. and i dont mean just one or two items id set them up with at least 5 -10 items  of each thing i gave ( food, water, pack ,armor  etc.) so they werent running around half naked and having only a flashlight for a weapon. this would start the building of trust between me and some of those i met and  often result in being able to group up with people that wouldnt stab me in the back, and i still have friends that i met on here and will play in groups on here still.PLEASE P;EASE DONT DO A TOTAL RESET !!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 2

I agree with most of the changes suggested however, these changes are rendered useless in the sense that they are not bad changes but most of the player base is spamming officials servers and sniping at nato military. BIG decisions need to be made with this game. Do you want this game to be a deathmatch simulator? If so continue what you are doing. If not then you need to remove open world and have survival be the main game mode for NewZ. The facts are you dont have enough players to have this many modes. Competitive was a clear failure, Battle Royale is ok but its not what ISS was and ever was going to be and it seems a bit out of place. PVP servers are the worst thing that could have ever happened to NewZ. The game became a deathmatch game overnight. Basically you either remove Official and PVP servers and make survival your main focus, or your game continues to throttle at the current playerbase and will unfortunately wither away. 

• Thanks 1

I would like to add my 2 cents as a new player of two weeks. Survival mode is all I play after spending some time in open world to get a feel for the game. 

#1 I do not have the knowledge or experience to comment on the maps but I can say the loot needs to be worked on at least in 004 Colorado. After two weeks of almost constant death I have gathered 4 cloth, 1 gear, 1 empty pill bottle, a frying pan and a hammer. No food or water but it doesn't matter as I die from zombies or players before I starve. The moment I get my small backpack full (hasn't happened often) and I'm heading to a safe zone...pow...head shot and I hang around the low pop servers. 

#2 DO NOT FULL WIPE THE VETERANS GI!!! This game will die if you do that. If I was a vet of the game with years of time and money invested and you full wipe me, I would uninstall the game. You best take this option far far far away if you want your game to survive.

#3 Partial wipe might be better depending on what and how you do it. Tread carefully.

#4 Not enough experience to comment. 

Is it common in this game to invite someone to a group then kill them? I mean I'm new to this game, but just curious if that is a SOP. Being able to kill group members is not good. I read some comments about helping the "bambis" but I have yet to experience this, it's more like, earlier this morning I'm running around with my trusty frying pan trying to find loot. No armor or helm or NV, just a small pack and a frying pan. I'm on the second floor of a busted up building and see a guy geared to the max but he's about to get Supered, not sure if his volume was down or what but he was about to have a bad day. He sees me and I'm in the middle of typing "DUDE LOOK OUT! SUPER" he head shots me. Then he doesn't even loot my frying pan!!! I hope the Super got him. So now I'm down to a hammer as my only weapon and not to thrilled about my inventory or the lack thereof. I am in NO way saying punish the vets of the game but there has to be something done to give the possible incoming newbs a reason to stay. Yes I stay around 004 Colorado due to low pop and when I go to the other servers with what seems to have better loot I always die. I have yet to find a gun or ammo and why give a crap about crafting when you can't find anything. Loot is beyond stupidly easy to get in open world then you go to survival and can't find anything. I think a survival PVE server would be a good start for newbs. Give it a 72 hour limit and that gives newbs a chance to build up some stuff and not have to worry about other players killing them and NOT LOOTING THE FUCKING FRYING PAN!!! I'm still pissed about that LOL. The vets get to keep their stuff and the newbs can get a fair chance. I found this game by pure luck, if you want more people playing it then you need to get the word out. I've never heard of this game until two weeks ago. Maybe get some massive clan battles and live stream? Not sure why but I've tried to chat with people in the zone but no one responds. Only blind group invites that so far have led to me being team killed. Hope the game makes it.

Como um velho e amante jogador do modo sobrevivência, gostaria de agradecer pela a atenção que estão voltando para o nosso querido modo.
Era realmente muito desanimador ter o sentimento de que nunca fomos ouvidos. Olhe para o dinheiro do modo sobrevivência, já se passaram 3 anos e até agora nada. Somo obrigado a efetuar troca por GD e não temos nenhum respaldo quanto a isso
Mas enfim, vamos falar do assunto do tópico:
1. É essencial que diminuam o loot e o tornem muito raro para as Snipers e Assults Rifles de grande potência. Nada como ter a emoção de encontrar uma G36, uma Ak-74U, M4, e se sentir seguro com elas. Hoje, se você tiver com uma dessas armas, você não consegue nem matar uma pessoa com os devidos equipamentos de colete e capacete, tornando assim essas armas inúteis.
2. Sou a favor de um Partial wipe na proporção de 10 para 1, sendo feito o wipe apenas se o player tiver mais do que 10 itens.
Não acho justo ter um wipe completo, fica um sentimento de tempo perdido para aqueles que, como eu, jogam o sobrevivência há 3 anos. 

Poderiam reformular a árvore de habilidades e ao invés de fazer um wipe completo, fazer um wipe e depositar aquela quantidade de XP para que possamos redistribuir conforme a nossa vontade segundo a formulação da árvore de habilidades. 
3. Deixe apenas um mapa. Vocês poderiam aumentar a área do V1 e criar novos conteúdos nele. Acredito que por ser o mapa mais leve para os players que possuem uma má configuração de sistema, seria o ideal para continuar e ser acrescentado novas coisas neles.
4. Nos de a sensação de sobrevivência e a sensação de colecionador. Não há nada mais que difere o OW do Survival e isso é extremamente decepcionante para os que esperam uma experiência tal.
Ter aquela sensação de não querer perder os itens que temos era a sensação mais gostosa de se jogar e conseguir ir, gradualmente, aumentando a quantidade de itens no IG.
5. Não menos importante, nos dê uma moeda do survival. Conheço inúmeros amigos que pararam de jogar pois foram roubados fazendo a compra de itens por GD e não recebendo os itens. Ai quando buscamos suporte, vocês nos dizem que isso é ilegal e que estamos correndo o risco por nós mesmo. Mas eu digo que somos OBRIGADOS a fazer isso pois vocês não nos dão uma outra opção para troca ou compra de itens.

Não abandonem o Survival. Eu abandonei o jogo pois não tinha mais emoção para jogar. Me surpreendam. <3 

came back just to respond. YES bring the old style back. Although I'm in favor of a full wipe, it will make people quit so #3 is the balanced and fair approach.  Zombie cash was always fun to get  and will help new players. The maps you guys made were really cool and fun to explore id hate to see only Colorado so maybe have them cycle in and out per season. 

Hello, I have been playing this game for over 8 years now though out all of the old and new owners and 3 to 5 different game names and 10,s of thousands of dollars of my hard earned money on skins and drops and servers I have spent in those years lets not mention the thousands of thousands of hours I have given of my time... I know more about this game then most if not all of your dev and that is said with no disrespect meant. I  can not believe that Infestations would even consider that wiping would help the problems that Infestations is having.. Thats not even close to what Infestations needs. if you do that you lose me for good I have written Infestations on many occasions and never received a reply back to tell you of problems some serious and some not so serious but no reply The one thing I can say is I do appreciate all the things that Infestations tries to do but you are going the wrong way and doing the things the wrong way I will make you a deal you get a hold of me and at no cost to Infestations I will fill you in on what you should be doing on area 69 in Oregon  and why players have been leaving the game and what it will take to gain our players back and newer players to stay I sure hope you take this seriously I LOVE THIS GAME  please stop this land slide before its to late this game is and should be one of the best games to play we are not that far away to fix this crap please lets talk thankyou.....( ruaskinsfan )

• Thanks 1

I read allot on these forums about people claiming to quit over a wipe. But the truth of it is vets got huge GI's full of loot they can't even use  b/c the server population is near dead. So do you want a state of stagnation? or a possible resurrection  of survival mode? Our best bet is to start over with the classic play style. Lets face it, we all love this game b/c of the original WarZ and are here in hopes to having that again. Now we have a chance through all the growing pains. I think its clear that most want that old style back, but this cant be done unless drastic measures are taken.  

The devs have brought this game back from the dead we wouldn't be playing this if they didn't take a risk. At this time we really don't have much to lose.

1. I'm not for a complete wipe, sure i dont have much in my GI but many People invest Money on Survival Stuff, that is just basicly scamming the Players. So just reduce them a Little and give us the Community time to waste the Guns we have to much in Stock (80/50 Imi tars) 1 month should be ok.

2. Old Maps like in the Infestation Survival Stories time Normal Colorado, normal Caliwood and normal Stronghold. Why dont you make a seperate Game on Steam? Or just on ur Website?

3. The Idea with the currency is awesome! I've been talking about it since the beginning of survival, and you told me that u are working on it. So I'm glad to see that soon.

I love this Game but more Survival.

Devs and owners have to question themselves the aim of making this "Survival mode". What's the idea of Survival mode ? Survival from what and how?

The NEWZ game has mode options for players to choose and play, which is great ! If they want PVP, they go to Normal mode. If they want like Hunger game playstyle, they go to Battle Royal mode. Also, there is competitive mode. Each mode got different playstyles and functions. But what people want to choose to play Survival mode ?

Survival from players ? Survival from Zombies ? Survival from Hunger ? Survival from other environmental stuff ?

If Devs want to focus on harsh PVE playstyle, yes go for it. For example,  Increase number of zombies, more different zombie skins, More difficulty when dealing with them (Run, Climb, Faster, Low stamina gage, etc), adjust food, adjust weapom and ammo, more, more , more. more

If  Devs want to focus on different PVP playstyle, yes go for it. No barricade, faster spawn, loot rates, force player to use different types of weapons, no cars, more, more, more ,more

Yes, the Survival mode has opened to play for years, old player will absolutely have more GI than the new players. We can't deny of that. I have good GI too. I have invested time of farming, grinding, trading, etc. I deserved to have good GI because of that. I deserved to be greater that new player's GI. This is how I survive.

Wipe is not the answer. The answer is back to my mention from the beginning. What do you want of this Survival mode? What do you want it to be look like? You go for it. do some marketing research. If it answers the niche of what people like or wanted to play, players will come.

I stopped playing this game a long time ago and all my friends who played with me stopped aswell, it was pure luck i stumbled upon this thread.

We were playing since the first days of WarZ (Alpha!). And i really enjoyed the survival mode of NewZ for hundreds of hours, but in the end it was just no fun anymore. Survival at this point is basically open world without snipers. 

The funny thing about survival mode in Warz/IIS was, that you didn´t have ARs all the time with you. You would find yourself many times fighting just with pistols or submachineguns or even just a bat and thats what made the gamemode different and fun to play. 

In order to bring back people who are inactive and motivate new players to stay and play survival we need to wipe the GI and change the loottables as many others said in this thread:

Military grade loot should be as rare as in WarZ and limited to military zones. 

Without a wipe and change in the loot table you can just close the survival servers as they don´t have any meaningful value at this point.

• Thanks 1

I dont play Newz for long time, I lost my fullfilled acc, cose I dont login for a long time but I dont care. There was no fun in open world.  I want to return like many ppl do and feel this atmosphere again.

If u guys want this game to be great again this is what u need to do, this is what I said when Survival was introduced:

-full wipe and PLZ DO 3-moths leagues with league ladder, it will solve the problems with too much loot forever, it is simple as that.

-no private servers, this is killing gameplay, monetizate Survival only by skins and premium acc (50% more xp, dollars, etc)

-Tags can stay, there will be always some ppl who want play together with friends, max 3 is very good.