sgregor

Face it the game is fading away

I know the game does not have big player base anymore but I still think if you invest some time in it you can still make it if not great then decent again. Of course you have other projects and what not so I am not entirely sure if it is even possible (regarding the time investment it would take).
All in all its a strong one, I mean the game is how old..8 years? And still has an community/active player base. This shows the game is liked by players.

Few ideas what I thought about would give this game another chance/new life/attract players

Ideas & Suggestions:

Close useless modes PvP/survival/open world to make one mode for all players 
- People would all play in one world / server
- No point to have separate modes as it separates players and leaves empty servers behind

A new map which should be at least 2-3 times as large as Colorado
- Should run only 1 server per region EU/NA etc (250-500 slots)
- Would get rid of useless empty servers which are 100 slots anyway
- Would spread the players around the map
- Strong build of the map (map should have cities, military's, airports, hospitals,port's, schools, caves etc which of course are well placed all over the map)
- Spawn points should be only on the map sides so you would be forced to work your way into city's etc not spawn into side of the city

Weather variations (this is a must) as it gives players the apocalyptic feel the game is about
- Windy noises + fog/mist
- Sunny 
- Rainy + lightning effects or sounds
- Snow

Safe zone & GI
- 4 safe zones (should have NPC who hands out daily missions for rewards in the specific map area)
- GI - > Only up to 30 slots in each safe zone (premiums with GC can have up to 60) < makes people use most of items instead of gathering all the in game shit
- Trading NPC - instead of discord (gets players out of the game) players should be able to post sell/buy offers via Marketplace NPC whilst being in game
- If players have been pvp'ing within the last 15 minutes, they are not able to enter safe zone 

Currency & rewards
- Should have 2 types of currency as it is now 
- Note that the currency market should be very strict meaning there wouldn't be players running around with billions in account as it is now

Loot
- Should be lower then it is as guns should be rare (by guns I mean decent AR's)
- no riot shields/or any other shields (only craft-able woodshields, hard to make)
- DX should be very rare
- Second strongest med should be craft-able
- Sniper rifles should be in parts (scope / barrel / magazine / bullets (not mags)/ ....) 
- NVG should be only craft-able and hard to obtain as it gives massive impact during night time
- Heavy armor should be in parts as snipers

Events
- Airdrop should contain decent loot high end AR+med's, game dollars + some of the rare parts of high end armors, snipers 
- Airdrop should spawn with 50 zombies or at times with radiation so it would be not easy to obtain the goods
- Scavenger event which cant be banked for rewards (on weekends)

Skill tree & Crafting
- Should be re-done + hardened for better, as it now makes no sense (f.ex silencer vs crafted silencer is basically the same and nobody bothers)
- Crafting should be reasonable and actually have benefits instead of wasting time

The main "idea" behind these suggestions is to push this game into something playable with a core (main server/s) where everything takes place. As for now the game is like puzzle. One mode kills other etc. These updates would offer people everything in one (core) server which have many benefits over maintaining multiple modes.

Game is missing a balance in most of the aspects and therefore it is failing to meet players expectations so they are forced to use alternative means such as:

- You don't like high loot? go survival

- You don't like groups? go low pop.

- You don't like low amount of pvp in city? go pvp server.

For me it feels like everything is so separately organized its even hard to maintain clear understanding/timeline of the game, therefore all the time some important parts of the community suffer:

(f.ex updates - hardly any for Survival notes in patchnote list which causes dissatisfaction. Same for Battle-Royale why maintain all modes if they all basically are duplicates of each other. Instead it would be best to update one main server with add-ons/updates.

Note that these suggestions are only mine (some from friends) whom with we are no longer active players for months or over a year. Just a feedback for developers. Sorry for my English.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2019 at 9:18 AM, sgregor said:

- No point to have separate modes as it separates players and leaves empty servers behind

I agree in part. The warm up mode generates a pvp for those who just want to play without compromise. Pvp mode is played for easy rep.
At least on SA servers (the ones I play) could be eliminated to concentrate players.
In the case of survival mode it should be feedback to open world as a functional economy. Players participating in the mode are usually more rigorous and aware of what is actually better for the game.

- Strong build of the map (map should have cities, military's, airports, hospitals,port's, schools, caves etc which of course are well placed all over the map)
- Spawn points should be only on the map sides so you would be forced to work your way into city's etc not spawn into side of the city

Fewer servers per region makes sense. A new map would be useless, they could simply augment the current one with another "nato". There is ready oregon that could be cut and pasted.
"Spawn points" is a real problem in PVP. They no make sense in nato or airport. If they are random at the city it was ok. But you die in different places and respawn in the same point. You are shot easy by clan campers. And respaw at night is shining like a Lighthouse.

Weather variations (this is a must) as it gives players the apocalyptic feel the game is about
- Sunny 
- Snow

The players can't get 30Fps if they do that. 

Safe zone & GI
- 4 safe zones (should have NPC who hands out daily missions for rewards in the specific map area)
- GI - > Only up to 30 slots in each safe zone (premiums with GC can have up to 60) < makes people use most of items instead of gathering all the in game shit
- Trading NPC - instead of discord (gets players out of the game) players should be able to post sell/buy offers via Marketplace NPC whilst being in game
- If players have been pvp'ing within the last 15 minutes, they are not able to enter safe zone 

Limit of GI no have great results now. A trading "npc" is a old idea from @CampersRUs (maybe).  "PK" mode are great in low pvp games. In new z no makes sense.

Currency & rewards
- Note that the currency market should be very strict meaning there wouldn't be players running around with billions in account as it is now

Make more sense if you say "the game  economy is broken". Players like me have a great GI and GD. But I farm all day to take that. If you ask me for "billionaires" I say, "I play every day killing zombies and I don't know how some players have 100M more in game easy at a week.

Loot
- Should be lower then it is as guns should be rare (by guns I mean decent AR's)
- no riot shields/or any other shields (only craft-able woodshields, hard to make)
- DX should be very rare
- Sniper rifles should be in parts (scope / barrel / magazine / bullets (not mags)/ ....) 
- NVG should be only craft-able and hard to obtain as it gives massive impact during night time

I agree. I use snipers and AR in PVP. All 25 damage or more AR no makes diference. You need 3 shots in head to kill any player at 100m. If you use a silencer 4 or 5 shots. And if you atach all options to get more headshots you come to be poor.  
You can buy a sniper silencer, but can't buy a AR barrel or AR stock. For snipers this itens are uselees, but in AR makes diference. You cant miss a hit in head. The snipers heave a great advantage in this game. VSS have a ridiculous firerate. Is best at rifle to broken riot at this moment. And we have the a problem in bullet drop snipers. All snipers have a easy bullet drop at low ranges, but hard to be acurate in 300m or more. 
If you try to get a headshot at this distance, use a VSS and fire moving the mouse at foot to the head and fire. You get a headshot eventually. 
We have 4 dots and use 2 in pvp because the snipers are make for noobs. The riot shields should be a hard to put, no to get or make. "Time to use" (no cooldown) as the best way to destroy macro players. Like "E"at interact or the same time to put a second personal loker in private server.

Skill tree & Crafting
- Should be re-done + hardened for better, as it now makes no sense (f.ex silencer vs crafted silencer is basically the same and nobody bothers)

The skill tree are useless and make the system work more. All players are full skill and no makes diference use golden bullet + sniper barrel at AWP. Your target not die and you spend a time and money. 

The main "idea" behind these suggestions is to push this game into something playable with a core (main server/s) where everything takes place. As for now the game is like puzzle. One mode kills other etc. These updates would offer people everything in one (core) server which have many benefits over maintaining multiple modes.

Game is missing a balance in most of the aspects and therefore it is failing to meet players expectations so they are forced to use alternative means such as:

For me it feels like everything is so separately organized its even hard to maintain clear understanding/timeline of the game, therefore all the time some important parts of the community suffer:

(f.ex updates - hardly any for Survival notes in patchnote list which causes dissatisfaction. Same for Battle-Royale why maintain all modes if they all basically are duplicates of each other. Instead it would be best to update one main server with add-ons/updates.

Basically the game economy. Or you put all itens in store or not. The open world is the core game mode. We have many servers at 000 players and when we have a event the game crash because we have a lot of players in private NA. 

If you put all itens in store this itens have a base price, If you make some item rare no ones use because is hard to get if you die on pvp.

We need someone to organizate the game economy.

Well when Fred made a a cheat for his own game that killed the playerbase a ton a few years ago an nobody could trust him. His first anticheat was called MLG Anticheat i remember seeing that in 2017 if im right an that was just clickbait to bring new players who didnt know the game & all the shit in the past an when they saw the term MLG that was the door knocker. This game has potential i just wish Fred wouldnt have done the shit that was done years ago. Im surprised theres still a playerbase after all that happened. The cheat fred made did bite him in the ass tho as least hope he learned from that mistake.

Its gonna be sad when the game dies out its one of the most decent free to play open world survival. I enjoy playing it from time to time. But i might as well start to find another OW zombie game i expect this game will be dead maybe in 2 years.

Edited by YT_xIndicaxHigh
  • Thinking 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, sgregor said:

I know the game does not have big player base anymore but I still think if you invest some time in it you can still make it if not great then decent again. Of course you have other projects and what not so I am not entirely sure if it is even possible (regarding the time investment it would take).
All in all its a strong one, I mean the game is how old..8 years? And still has an community/active player base. This shows the game is liked by players.

Few ideas what I thought about would give this game another chance/new life/attract players

Ideas & Suggestions:

- Sunny 
- Snow

Safe zone & GI

Currency & rewards

Loot
- DX should be very rare

Events
- Airdrop should contain decent loot high end AR+med's, game dollars + some of the rare parts of high end armors, snipers 
- Airdrop should spawn with 50 zombies or at times with radiation so it would be not easy to obtain the goods
- Scavenger event which cant be banked for rewards (on weekends)

Skill tree & Crafting
- Crafting should be reasonable and actually have benefits instead of wasting time

Note that these suggestions are only mine (some from friends) whom with we are no longer active players for months or over a year. Just a feedback for developers. Sorry for my English.

How many players do you intend to cost the game??? Look, those players who don't want to group WON'T. The players who don't like PVP on large map servers WON'T. The ones that ONLY play survival in PVE, WON'T. PVE only players WON'T... People like the way they play, and if forced onto a HUGE MAP with 100, 200, 500 people... WILL do EXACTLY what I would do.... QUIT. I already quit paying for my server due  and premium to the disrespect of PVE by certain Devs and players pushing ideas like this!! I REFUSE to HELP pay for the game to push a stupid PVP ONLY AGENDA. They go that route... fine. I know quite a few on here enough to know they would QUIT first.

As I said before, there are enough cookie cutter games out there. For God's sake lets keep this original... Where players have a choice in HOW the HELL they play!! I'm so sick of they lets destroy the game posts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:14 AM, JKS said:

Basically the game economy. Or you put all itens in store or not. The open world is the core game mode. We have many servers at 000 players and when we have a event the game crash because we have a lot of players in private NA. 

If you put all itens in store this itens have a base price, If you make some item rare no ones use because is hard to get if you die on pvp.

I think half the issue is PVPers discount just how many players are JUST PVE, or like me only occasionally PVP. Its funny when they put up PVE Servers for an event, they were the among MOST populated!! You are right about the "rare" items though. No one plays them bc theyre too expensive or difficult to replace, or hard to get ammo for. They become either a trade lounge show piece or something to clog up your GI. Any he wants more useless crap in game....

Also, the NA servers pop during events bc players come back for special stuff. Those over all numbers continue to fall as event items are getting harder and harder to get. People don't want to play a whole weekend and only get a box or 2. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Basically a GI wipe to even achieve, and how many would quit if they considered wiping what they worked hard to get either buy farming, buying, ect… Did no one learn from the sniper wipe?????? 

Normally when this comes up, at least 1 or more Devs come back on and remind us they,  THEY PROMISED they would NEVER do that again!! The game was DECIMATED last time. SOOOOoooooo many QUIT. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it!!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Fewer servers per region makes sense. A new map would be useless, they could simply augment the current one with another "nato". There is ready oregon that could be cut and pasted.
"Spawn points" is a real problem in PVP. They no make sense in nato or airport. If they are random at the city it was ok. But you die in different places and respawn in the same point. You are shot easy by clan campers. And respaw at night is shining like a Lighthouse.

You want another vote? This time for OW??  I guess you missed how the survival vote went... Those who wanted fewer servers, and specialty maps sure did not get what they wanted....

The spawn points ARE an issue. They NEED to make that way more random AND Add new ones that rotate in so "spawn campers" lose their advantage. I agree on night spawns as well... Should be grey scale or blacked out. Sadly they have chosen to charge for each spawn color. People might be more willing to buy if spawn colors came in packs and they weren't so flipping expensive.

• Thanks 2

I agree in part. The warm up mode generates a pvp for those who just want to play without compromise. Pvp mode is played for easy rep.
At least on SA servers (the ones I play) could be eliminated to concentrate players.
In the case of survival mode it should be feedback to open world as a functional economy. Players participating in the mode are usually more rigorous and aware of what is actually better for the game.

Just because a player goes onto an open world server does NOT mean they "want" to PVP. Sometimes they go due to lack of options for PVE only play. WHY? Because so many players abused private servers, stripping ALL LOOT, collecting all high priced items and screwing over the owners by farming every thing that moved. 

Also,when talking about the Survival mode, how about referring to the VOTE they did a couple weeks ago. The players spoke. Simple. Quit crying bc they chose more servers and not to be treated like cattle and corralled onto 1 or 2 maps. By the way... I DO play on survival. I HATE PVP on there. I AVOID GROUPING or playing on popped servers for that very reason. If I want PVP I know where to find it, and CHOOSE NOT to go! 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, sgregor said:

Funny, those "useless" modes often have more players than OW. Players like me LOOK for empty servers. Maybe you should look at WHO is playing on the servers. How many VETS have Civillian rep?? What an inconvenient truth... They are choosing NOT to PVP. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, sgregor said:

People would all play in one world / server

Yet another attempt to force players to do things they do NOT want to do! If you think that players would play ALL in one server you are sadly mistaken. People would leave the game by the masses. The PVE players will not stand still for this kind of change!!!

makes people use most of items instead of gathering all the in game shit

Since when is another player's inventory items count any of your, or anyone else's business? This effects your game play how exactly??? Where do you think all the stuff PVE players gather goes? I will tell you.....we sell it in trade to make money, and we usually are selling to PVP players who ask for specific items that we have. After the sale/trade everyone is happy. The PVP players can quickly re-join their game and the PVE players now have some nice GD in their pockets! So why does players gathering/collecting stuff bother you so badly? It does not directly effect you or your game.

If players have been pvp'ing within the last 15 minutes, they are not able to enter safe zone 

I for one do not play PVP, but I am friends with many who do play PVP, and this is absolute rubbish! A safe zone is just that...SAFE! If a player is running for their life and they can make it to a safe zone, so be it. There should be NO time limit as to when you can enter a safe zone. If a player spawns in and immediately is being shot at and they shoot back, and then decide to run for their life to a safe zone, they should be allowed to enter! Otherwise, you are allowing someone to be shot and killed without having a chance to run!

there wouldn't be players running around with billions in account as it is now

Why does the amount of other players currency matter to you? Are you really that upset that some players have LOTS of in game money? This effects you and your game play how exactly? I am no billionaire by any means, but I do have a nice 9 figure of GD, ALL of which I earned over time. Unlike some players I do not buy GC nor do I buy GD to be added to my account. Sooner or later I will become a billionaire, and this does NOT, and WILL NOT effect what I do in game, or how I play the game in any way. It sounds to me like you just don't like other players who have more GD or GC than you do.

Loot
- DX should be very rare

This is almost how Survival currently plays except for the snipers and heavy armors being in parts. It's OK though since you want to do away with Survival, instead of making a suggestion to add things like the snipers and heavy armor being in parts. I think that would be a great addition to the current Survival mode. 

they are forced to use alternative means such as:

This is NOT forcing players to do anything. It is the game offering them different options. And let us not forget that IF a players does not like any of the above choices, there is always PVE! Or I suppose you are wanting to get rid of those servers as well? Did you by chance miss the poll on what should be done with servers? Players were asked, and we voted. A rather strongly I might add, as to what the player base wants as far as servers go. 

• Love 2

Shall I say... 'HERE WE GO AGAIN'?

Why is it that the only way some people think this game can be saved is by forcing everybody on to one server and only one map. ***SPOILER ALERT*** That way of thinking will only serve to have the opposite effect. It will drive players away. More especially if you completely do away with any one of the game modes. Yes, I'm including PVP, PVE, Survival and Battle Royal. Not everybody has your single mindedness @sgregor. 95% of players want options. There are those that only like PVP and those that only like PVE. Nothing wrong with giving people a CHOICE. There was a person recently that came into the forums and attacked the game by trying to say that he was 'the best game tester around' because of his supposed 'experience' doing so. He, like you, said the same thing. 'You have to do away with all game modes and force people to play on only one map'. As a PVE ONLY player, I will tell you this. I WILL QUIT. As @DNI_Adrian and @Katryna247 said. DON'T DICTATE OUR GAMEPLAY. It's the quickest way to kill a game. Do some research @sgregor. Any time a game goes against the opinion of the majority of gamers, it fails. Aftermath is a prime example of that. The devs there thought they knew better than the players and the game died.

The bottom line here is... STOP CRAMMING THE IDEA OF GROUPING EVERYONE TOGETHER IN ONE SERVER ON ONE MAP DOWN OUR THROATS!!! WE'VE HEARD IT BEFORE!!! WE ARE SICK OF IT!!!

• Love 2

16 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

The bottom line here is... STOP CRAMMING THE IDEA OF GROUPING EVERYONE TOGETHER IN ONE SERVER ON ONE MAP DOWN OUR THROATS!!! WE'VE HEARD IT BEFORE!!! WE ARE SICK OF IT!!!

Preach Brother!! 

Thanks for answer

But these suggestions as mentioned in original post:

On 7/15/2019 at 3:18 PM, sgregor said:

On 8/2/2019 at 7:09 AM, CampersRUs said:

here was a person recently that came into the forums and attacked the game by trying to say that he was 'the best game tester around' because of his supposed 'experience' doing so. He, like you, said the same thing. '

I don't know the guy but my idea was not to attack the game but face the fact that changes are always needed. Over the years I have never played a game that is so multi orientated in separating players as NewZ was and this in my opinion is the main reason for drastic decrease regarding the playerbase.

Seems like you are satisfied with playing a game in 5 pop servers and looting solo. Running around with 25 shields, DX snipers on loadout slots or watching pvp montages of which 99% are made in PvP server's. 

You should not take my suggestions so seriously as these will probably never be implemented as there is no point to invest time into something that's already dead. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:09 AM, CampersRUs said:

Shall I say... 'HERE WE GO AGAIN'?

Why is it that the only way some people think this game can be saved is by forcing everybody on to one server and only one map. ***SPOILER ALERT*** That way of thinking will only serve to have the opposite effect. It will drive players away. More especially if you completely do away with any one of the game modes. Yes, I'm including PVP, PVE, Survival and Battle Royal. Not everybody has your single mindedness @sgregor. 95% of players want options. There are those that only like PVP and those that only like PVE. Nothing wrong with giving people a CHOICE. There was a person recently that came into the forums and attacked the game by trying to say that he was 'the best game tester around' because of his supposed 'experience' doing so. He, like you, said the same thing. 'You have to do away with all game modes and force people to play on only one map'. As a PVE ONLY player, I will tell you this. I WILL QUIT. As @DNI_Adrian and @Katryna247 said. DON'T DICTATE OUR GAMEPLAY. It's the quickest way to kill a game. Do some research @sgregor. Any time a game goes against the opinion of the majority of gamers, it fails. Aftermath is a prime example of that. The devs there thought they knew better than the players and the game died.

Yea. Competitive mode is a great ideia ¬¬

We have uselesse game modes and servers empty. Get PVP empty servers and turn on PVE. Or better, make all premium servers PVE.

Sorry to say that, but you only cares about PVE. You don't play PVP anymore? If you are PVE player or PVP player you get the same changes in OW. 

We have;
Competitive (delete this mode)
WarmUp (delete this mode)
PVP (OK, but the Rep in this mode and OW should be diferent)
OW PVP and PVE (need a economy balance)
Survival (basicaly another game, but because the farm is so hard they need more ways to have fun)

And I see OW servers empty all the time. Oregon map? WTF? No ones cares about oregon. Put a PVE server and delet Oregon forever.

Ok here is the point I want to make. IF you want to change the game on PVP have at it!! If you want to change PVP play on OW, have at it!! That being said leave PVE play out of this craziness as well as areas we have to frequent ie TL. Its funny how the people who wanted to make the game harder is PVE players and PVP players cried its too hard. If they want to make changes to PVE then talk to PVE players! Leave the changes to the players who play each of the different options. Did you not see the survival vote about servers?? Yeah, people WANT options. They don't want to be PILED on top of each other. They can join popped servers if that's what they want or an empty one if not... why is this so hard to grasp??

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Ok here is the point I want to make. IF you want to change the game on PVP have at it!! If you want to change PVP play on OW, have at it!! That being said leave PVE play out of this craziness as well as areas we have to frequent ie TL. 

Sorry, but what is "TL"? Trading Lounge?

19 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Its funny how the people who wanted to make the game harder is PVE players and PVP players cried its too hard. If they want to make changes to PVE then talk to PVE players!

Totally agree. The PVE players want a hard surviver game. The system should be make a sense. Zombies stopping run because you jump on a box at 0,7m from the floor, is ridiculous. We have a "easy cry PVP system" because we have PVP players at every change coming to forum and crying because the number off zombies or "a car kill me". 
For me the SZ should be kill at 3 hits, more fast and all zombies folow a sniper shot at 300m. I not see on a movie zombies like on this game. There are stupid and they are traped with other in doors or stairs. 

I see a loot of ideias in forum to OW. Radiation is the last great idea applyed in game, but we no have some litle changes to increase the interest off this "way". I like more tipes off radiation, zombies. Thinking all the time in make the game more harder and necessary prepared to play in some zones. You can enter in any way "naked" and get a full loot to PVP and no get damage. Come on, 50 zombies runing for you and you don't need panic, just a Katana and automatic rifle. Zombies must be killed at head.  

The game is in easy mode. Make more interesting and harder to play and explore the map.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, JKS said:

Sorry, but what is "TL"? Trading Lounge?

Totally agree. The PVE players want a hard surviver game. The system should be make a sense. Zombies stopping run because you jump on a box at 0,7m from the floor, is ridiculous. We have a "easy cry PVP system" because we have PVP players at every change coming to forum and crying because the number off zombies or "a car kill me". 
For me the SZ should be kill at 3 hits, more fast and all zombies folow a sniper shot at 300m. I not see on a movie zombies like on this game. There are stupid and they are traped with other in doors or stairs. 

I see a loot of ideias in forum to OW. Radiation is the last great idea applyed in game, but we no have some litle changes to increase the interest off this "way". I like more tipes off radiation, zombies. Thinking all the time in make the game more harder and necessary prepared to play in some zones. You can enter in any way "naked" and get a full loot to PVP and no get damage. Come on, 50 zombies runing for you and you don't need panic, just a Katana and automatic rifle. Zombies must be killed at head.  

The game is in easy mode. Make more interesting and harder to play and explore the map.

Yes TL Trade Lounge.  You got exactly what I was saying with the rest too! Awesome!

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Yes TL Trade Lounge.  You got exactly what I was saying with the rest too! Awesome!

...and I not speak english. It's totally google and movie learning, kkkk.

• Thanks 2