Gustavosaper

In-game clock.

So Idea is to create a in game clock that shows time in all different servers. In pvp,and warm up its always day.

But make clock that shows you Official Servers time.

For example: 12:35.15(Day), 03.17.32(Night)

Players will know if they need NVG or not.

2 hours ago, Gustavosaper said:

So Idea is to create a in game clock that shows time in all different servers. In pvp,and warm up its always day.

But make clock that shows you Official Servers time.

For example: 12:35.15(Day), 03.17.32(Night)

Players will know if they need NVG or not.

The issue is that not all servers have the same time. 

Or you could just make an official Newz wiki ingame server time page that people could keep open. With the ingame clock time running and displayed on the page tab  for  the server they picked. Yea i know. just get the ap on your iphone. I don't have an i phone. i use a pc thor v2 tower. and the wiki covers everyone.   

• Love 1

On 24/07/2017 at 0:04 PM, Wolf_digital said:

Or you could just make an official Newz wiki ingame server time page that people could keep open. With the ingame clock time running and displayed on the page tab  for  the server they picked. Yea i know. just get the ap on your iphone. I don't have an i phone. i use a pc thor v2 tower. and the wiki covers everyone.   

The issue with that is that every time a server restarts, the time is changed. 

So, the general issue you're pointing out here is as following "players need to know before joining a server if they have to bring night vision or not". This is a very good point and I think we can all understand this can be annoying while playing the game.

Unfortunately the idea of adding a time of the server is until now almost a non-possible solution just due the way our UI and server selection screen works. As of right now I don't think that that is the perfect solution and I think there's plenty of room for other solutions that could fix this problem.

I'll bring the case up in our next development meeting.

Best Regards,

Sven

1 hour ago, Svena69 said:

So, the general issue you're pointing out here is as following "players need to know before joining a server if they have to bring night vision or not".

Also to know if alien zombie spawned or nah , if you play pvp servers and wanna check if it's night you have to loose 2minutes joining a private server to check ...

12 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

HIs works, but it's not accurate as he had to manually set it up. When a server changes the time for any reasons, it's not synced anymore. 

im sure egoist wouldn't mind syncing the clocks everyday. What's that egoist? you would love to do that? Well there you go. problem solved with a little bit of elbow grease. dang. you gotta love that dood. btw i uh would just tell him thats now his job and not mention we ever had this conversation. he's shy you know. o.O

Excellent idea ! so each server already runs a live clock function and that clock function needs to be displayed within the menu window but I think that is going to create a lag issue which no one wants but if the server can already declare amount of players I'm not sure how accurate that is maybe the count is updated only when you refresh the screen. So approximate time is probably possible with no lag penalty.

You guys let this get off front page. hasn't anyone come up with any ideas . Cmon people it aint rocket science. it's       a        clock. out of all players/devs none have figured this out? okok lets all form a circle and hold hands. Now. Start throwing out ideas. someone tell havi this is not a singalong. great now silenterror has joined in. they sound like a pair of wounded ducks. i give up : (

I had the same idea for a clock. But not for all, you must find them in the game. Maybe only military personal wear one.

Different styles: Pilot have watches with Trigalight, they glow at night. Policeofficers have "only" watches that you can see at day, etc. etc. pp.

Have a nice day

You can add in loading screen or somewhere information like between five minutes before the full hour to ten minutes after the full hour its night time in game.  

For example: 

6:55 am or 16:55 and others x:55 - its in game 22:00

6:00 am or 16:00 and others x:00 - its in game 00:00

6:10 am or 16:10 and others x:10 - its in game 04:00

6:15 am or 16:15 and others x:15 - its in game 06:00