Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Saul Goodman

Open world is HELL

Recommended Posts

Literally every server you go on now is just snipe snipe snipe its complete hell,There are way too many snipers in the game its hell its not even fun anymore,you spawn in and your surrounded,The new re-spawn system does not help either because soon as you kill someone there is 0 chance for a smaller team to get those loot because they're already back.

Before anyone says,Go play survival then if you dont like snipers..Survival is NOT an option for many,Not everyone has the time to spend hours upon hours looting for decent weapons/ammo then you have the whole running to and from the SZ.

AR open world servers are pretty much always dead and boring,they're just used for the odd 5-6 players looting.

AR PVP servers are fun,But its not teh same experience as roaming around the open world.

 

I dunno i think maybe its too late for this game to change now,But from a long time veteran player the game has become horrible,Its sad because there is no other game like ISS but the snipers are ruining the experience big time.

SUGGESTION - 

Implement a system with a SNIPER limit in that server,Say 2 max..only 2 persons in the server can take a sniper in and until one of those two persons log nobody else will be able to take one in.

 

Of course leave PVP Sniper servers as they are so those that DO love sniping can still do so on PVP servers but theyre ruining the experience for open world players to the point people are stopping playing,you only have to look at the server numbers to see people are not playing so much anymore .

 

Not here to be insulted by anyone with my suggestion,just wanted to make my point.

New upcoming map looks fantastic though devs,looking forward to trying that :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Not here to be insulted by anyone with my suggestion,just wanted to make my point.

No gonna insult, i'm just dying xD

I mean imo would be way too overpowered "for the 2 snipers"' on the server only having ar's pushing them

 

I've to agree on all your points tho, i just dont have any solutions to the problem, ty for sharing yours :P 

Edited by Glad
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why we released survival back in the days. Open world is just a mode, to enjoy the game without thinking about rare items. In case you don't like the sniper PVP, then you could play on onlyAR server or the survival mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just go play ar servers or survival mode ¬¬

i said why both AR only servers suck because hardly anyone plays them,and survival is too time consuming,Would be nice if we could just play like it use to be the odd snipers here and there now you literally cannot last 5 mins without getting sniped its so boring like this.

Only reason i still play is because there is no other game like ISS in terms of pvp mechanics but the way you guys have done the sniper spawns its too much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

i said why both AR only servers suck because hardly anyone plays them

Exactly, because player don't want to play this. We can't force them to do so. As i said, Open World is there to have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either populater the AR servers yourselves with a group of friends and maybe people will join, there is still fun in hunting looter bambis :D Also, I play a lot on low pop servers and AR only servers, its fun / yeah there aren't many players on but for solo players when you find a group of 4 looters and take them all down it gives an amazing feeling! The suggestion about the 2 snipers only on 1 server is just stupid, I am not going to join a server if I cant join with a sniper, perhaps your problem is you dont have enough experience with sniper pvp? go onto warmup with your favourite sniper and learn to play man... just a suggestion! Also don't get hung over when you lose stuff, because this is what I think its all about, you are complaining about the sniper pvp on open world because 1 everyone is doing it and its too much to handle, or you keep losing your stuff to snipers all the time? Yeah you are a veteran, that doesnt mean you are good! And AR only servers could be more populated yes that is true, wait out untill theres more players and then join or hunt bambi I would say :/ +1 to your other suggestions tho they should try (devs) to do something about the low pop on ping limi / ar only servers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea man i feel your pain, the game is same as dead to me, no point to play it anymore, just to much snipers i think the game needs a wipe, but the devs cant do it, it would ruin other players inventorys then, but i think when the new map comes out there sould be new loot system or something like that otherwise ther wont be any new players, atm theres It is not possible that the game will survive with that playerbase 

PS: if you have found new good game like Infestation NewZ, let me know

chack out Xera: Survival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im over it also, B  B Boring, az bat ****, sniped, loot again, sniped, servers in open world are just not fun or pvp value,low pop, any pvp is in the pvp servers, and thats just a stupid grind...

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new spawn system is awful for sure.  On medium-high pop servers it is often a game of sniping from spawn to spawn, and lets not even talk about rocky ford.  Gameplay seems to have degraded since the new spawns were implemented.  

I support a 1.5-2.5 minutes respawn timer for open world at this point.  Although I do think there are some ways to fix it without scraping it entirely.  


As for the snipers, open world is a sniper pvp game, that also has AR's for occasional use.  

Edited by p51mustang23
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, p51mustang23 said:

The new spawn system is awful for sure.  On medium-high pop servers it is often a game of sniping from spawn to spawn, and lets not even talk about rocky ford.  Gameplay seems to have degraded since the new spawns were implemented.  

I support a 1.5-2.5 minutes respawn timer for open world at this point.  Although I do think there are some ways to fix it without scraping it entirely.  


As for the snipers, open world is a sniper pvp game, that also has AR's for occasional use.  

Thank you for your suggestion and your idea to change the respawn time. we appreciate it <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HEARTBREAKER said:

Thank you for your suggestion and your idea to change the respawn time. we appreciate it <3

Distance and time are almost interchangeable for this purpose.  In the old system a respawn typically took 60 seconds for a player with loadouts ready to go.  Players with fast computers would sometimes get in a little too quick but it was usually about right, and even if they got in fast the spawn location was somewhat predictable (the loser of a fight shouldn't get an advantage coming back in, right?).  you had to spend a couple minutes on another server to change your spawn.  

It could also be done with a farther respawn distance, based not only on distance from where you DIED but also distance from your killer, and a system where you don't spawn on top of other players.  Cali and Colorado might even need different distances.  Maybe it should spawn players near a teammate when available.  

Right now you can kill some1 at ~300 meters and have them spawn right on top of you!  That kind of stinks for both players as some1 is either going to get spawn killed, or killed by a spawner.  They could also spawn 600 meters away, it's really hard to predict.  

On crowded servers teams can get REALLY split up if they spawn in opposite directions, and next thing you know boulder becomes a free for all spawn battle, until one team decides to log and regroup (in my experience a lot of teams don't ever do this even though it is an option).  

For example, some1 killed me on top of the death valley bus stop the other day.  17 seconds later I killed him, right from where I spawned in.  I then proceeded to stand on the bus stop and shoot him every time he spawned in, until the 5th or 6th time when he finally got a spawn out of sight and ran away.  The poor guy was probably pretty unhappy at that point.  

Edited by p51mustang23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, p51mustang23 said:

Distance and time are almost interchangeable for this purpose.  In the old system a respawn typically took 60 seconds for a player with loadouts ready to go.  Players with fast computers would sometimes get in a little too quick but it was usually about right, and even if they got in fast the spawn location was somewhat predictable (the loser of a fight shouldn't get an advantage coming back in, right?).  you had to spend a couple minutes on another server to change your spawn.  

It could also be done with a farther respawn distance, based not only on distance from where you DIED but also distance from your killer, and a system where you don't spawn on top of other players.  Cali and Colorado might even need different distances.  Maybe it should spawn players near a teammate when available.  

Right now you can kill some1 at ~300 meters and have them spawn right on top of you!  That kind of stinks for both players as some1 is either going to get spawn killed, or killed by a spawner.  They could also spawn 600 meters away, it's really hard to predict.  

On crowded servers teams can get REALLY split up if they spawn in opposite directions, and next thing you know boulder becomes a free for all spawn battle, until one team decides to log and regroup (in my experience a lot of teams don't ever do this even though it is an option).  

For example, some1 killed me on top of the death valley bus stop the other day.  17 seconds later I killed him, right from where I spawned in.  I then proceeded to stand on the bus stop and shoot him every time he spawned in, until the 5th or 6th time when he finally got a spawn out of sight and ran away.  The poor guy was probably pretty unhappy at that point.  

I shot players using sniper at 400~~500m. The player respaw again in 150m at his body. I cant get the loot. I need to kill player more times 

for him give up.

The same respaw is a problem too. Is predictable. Make a circuit on circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, JKS said:

I shot players using sniper at 400~~500m. The player respaw again in 150m at his body. I cant get the loot. I need to kill player more times 

for him give up.

The same respaw is a problem too. Is predictable. Make a circuit on circle.

Exactly.  Open world is a sniper based game, and this respawn system simply doesn't make sense with a sniper based game.  If it were AR only it actually might function a bit better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, p51mustang23 said:

Exactly.  Open world is a sniper based game, and this respawn system simply doesn't make sense with a sniper based game.  If it were AR only it actually might function a bit better.  

I totally agree with your opinion, for new players it is very difficult to play in open world against veteran players with hundreds of snipers. What do you think would be a good idea to attract new players? Maybe make the snipers a strange item and very difficult to get? Maybe make a wipe and give X as compensation? all these are simple suggestions, we want to be close to the community and listen to each and every one of your ideas or suggestions.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 8:25 PM, HEARTBREAKER said:

Maybe make the snipers a strange item and very difficult to get? 

Yea. And and also remove the ammunition from the store or make it expensive.

 

On 17/05/2018 at 8:25 PM, HEARTBREAKER said:

Maybe make a wipe and give X as compensation? 

The community would not like it despite being a good fix on the game's economy. It could do events with the increase of the drop in weekends and return the old statistics of the snipers, as for example the AWP with sufficient strength to be a hit kill. 
 

I myself have a large stock of vests and ammunition that does not diminish even dying several times. I no longer need to worry about items and part of the fun of the game that was managing equipment is no longer a problem.


Sorry for bad inglish.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...