sid21

Private Servers

Do you really guys want private servers in survival ? Then it's going to be next open world.  Please vote yes or no. 

Edited by sid21
  • Love 2

Please no, dont add Private Servers you might get money, but you also loose players because Survival will turn into Openworld just without riot shields.

• Love 1

The major problem would be that people would only rent these kind of servers for farming expirience and sniper rifles. (that's not everyones intention)

I do really have a problem with that and i might not be the only one, it may be cool to have some free space where you can farm your favorite spots without

being sniped or killed by a group of 4 or 5, or being killed by some laggy foreigners but this aint cool at all because people would abuse it to become 

hardened in a small period of time and also get a ton of snipers to get non paying players killed, which is a huge disadvantage for the fresh players.

I know it would bring the developement Team some cash to pay the server rentals but it would also cause a lac of players in survival which could be pretty 

annoying and maybe this could kill the game at all.

As you can see on the stats of this game it isnt really as active as in the beginning but with the next survival update you could might win some players from open world or even

completely new players.

I dont wanna see fresh players quitting because of people abusing pvp with snipers and spawnkilling like in Open World, which is already a big issue in this game mode.

I really want that in survival everyone has the same chances to farm xp and guns, this makes the game mode really balanced.

How would it be survival when i have the world for my own and i dont need to care about anything expect the zombies?

This would be awful, really.

I liked that you guys plan to add a extra market and currency for survival, but PRIVATE SERVERS would really make me to quit the game completely.

This would just make it a second Open World just without riot shields and AWP's...

What does the community think about it and what could be done to improve this game mode, let me and the staff team know.
Just think about it.

There's already a thread with a poll on what you think about the private servers, are they good or not?

Link: 

Greetz, isnt.

Edited by Vintorez
merged threads
  • Love 2

Thank you everyone on your input so far, I encourage you to keep providing it. I will take your concerns to the developers when they wake up in the morning. I also merged 2 threads together to keep the discussion in one place.

• Love 3

With private servers you will divide the survival community.

Imagine someone makng a private server striclty PvE and leaving it open for public. Just like in open mode, this mode would not allow players to get killed by other players.
You would surely have newbies go there instead of trying to learn the game; so even a lower influx of new players that would play PvP on survival, and try to learn combat mechanics etc.
Just player vs zombies, which would make the game boring in the long run for them. If its not about PvP in the end, what is the point of improving skill points in the main menu skill tree.

There would be little to none replacement of players that know how to PvP and quit the game.

Also people with private servers would have the edge over those who play on public servers, this would become more P2W.

Surley, more people with snipers would ruin this mode also.

Right now there are 2 sides to survival. The populated servers, where people mostly go to PvP. And the less populated ones, with the random encounters looters.
The latter one is actually pretty thrilling to say the least, as survival should be about random unexpected encounters, rather than set PvP meet ups; and this will be removed with private servers, or at least severly diminished.

Edited by rugged bro
  • Love 3

Here's my opinion as a survival player (rank 10 in reputation so I've spent quite a bit of time in survival):

I think, that the private servers will surely boost the momentum of survival. Let's face it - since forever the gameplay isn't about surviving and helping each other. It's about PvP mostly. Private servers will draw more players to the gamemode and help it grow. Remember that in old WarZ there were privates and considering the fact that the loot is always the same as in open servers it shouldn't impact the economy that much. The snipers are still really rare and every AR is good at the moment so it doesn't matter if someone finds 10 sigs or 10 m4's both of them are really good.

So yeah.. In my opinion the privates are a good idea sooner or later.

• Love 1
  • Sad 4

49 minutes ago, Pac' said:

Here's my opinion as a survival player (rank 10 in reputation so I've spent quite a bit of time in survival):

I think, that the private servers will surely boost the momentum of survival. Let's face it - since forever the gameplay isn't about surviving and helping each other. It's about PvP mostly. Private servers will draw more players to the gamemode and help it grow. Remember that in old WarZ there were privates and considering the fact that the loot is always the same as in open servers it shouldn't impact the economy that much. The snipers are still really rare and every AR is good at the moment so it doesn't matter if someone finds 10 sigs or 10 m4's both of them are really good.

There was a vet player that came on the server 1 day and we had a chat, when I was very new to the game. He warned us about private servers making their way, and to enjoy the game while it lasts.

He also was a very long time player, and I mean very, and was against the idea. So I see that he was actually on point.

As for you playing NewZ for so long, you cannot put yourself in the shoes of new players, perhaps its been too long. Vets have open world, and newbies have survival. No other way to see this, as newbies in Open World dont last 2 minutes. Also they have a steep learning curve there, as well as problems with buying items, ammo. Everything they farm on PvE they lose after 2 minutes getting sniped in a spawn area, bus stop or in front of a city.

Additionaly since you have been playing for so long, the loot you have must be huge, probably you dont have to farm half as much. Also the tree skill you have is probably maxed out, so you actually probably only play PvP on survival. So you probably accomplished most of what could be accomplished in the game, no wonder you dont mind the private servers - you wont have to compete with players that get easy loot or exp - because you have it all I guess.

Private servers will make people putting in money for the servers have a big advantage - they will just farm without and hassle. There will be a lesser sense of accomplishent for myself for sure, knowing that people who pay have it easier, and wont "suffer" as much when losing weapons.

Anyway going back to what the Vet player had stated, I will try to enjoy the game mode while it still lasts, as I am sure that the private servers will be introduced.

I think this thread is out there just ease the introduction of these servers, or to try to reason the fact of introducing these servers, as perhaps the decision had been made.

Of course it is the devs game in the end, and this is only my opinion.

Ps. Me and 2 more players as a team, managed to kill several vets (some premium) with a lot of loot while they were farming on a survival server. Not only did that feel like a big accomplishment, the loot we got was glorious.  With private servers this might greatly diminish; shame.

Ps2. As for snipers, if the private server is there, and one can farm without interruption, it will be much much easier to get a sniper even with the same odds; just farm farm farm farm farm.... without interruption.

Ps3. At this moment survival is mainly about losing or gaining loot.. if private servers will be introduced, what will survival be about...? (its not about surviving as the only punishment is loss of loot, nothing else)

Edited by rugged bro
  • Love 2

Survival developement illogical. One time you want decrease number of servers (because you pay them i know) one time you want add privates servers (for win money, obvious). Already you can buy items survival with Game dollars (LEL u know) so stupid. Can you please stop destroy the SURVIVAL ? You know what SURVIVE or SURVIVAL means ? I think not.

• Love 2

I totally agree with sunshine, im playing NewZ since it was called Warz, Infestation survivor stories and stuff...

In my opinion this mode is called survival for a reason, you've to survive against environment obviously but also against players and it must scare you to meet someone and taking the risk of loosing your stuff.

If you put private servers thats gonna remove this main goal/pressure and divide our community (i mean survival players) which is currently not huge...

NEXT

Edited by Jinsang
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Pls dont add any Private server in Survival it will drestroy the fact about "rare" loot the price for trading will drop (snipers / rare guns will be more common) 

You dont have the "adrenalin kick" anymore when you loot on private servers. 

And the Game Mode called SURVIVAL and for me private servers doesnt have anything to do with survival 

It would be way better if you could focus on updating this game mode "New Map, Loot, Balance Weapons" instead of bringing Private servers 

greetz from BIXA PARANOID :)

p.s. sorry for my broken english 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pac' said:

In my opinion as a 6th player in reputation the survival will become exact copy of open world and servers will be mostly dead cuz moat will be looting 24/7.This will also make this mode kinda p2w so again the gm will become unbalanced.This will also make snipers more common because just imagine it:200 ppl on ther servers farming SZ with no risk at all.No pls dont.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Vintorez said:

Thank you everyone on your input so far, I encourage you to keep providing it. I will take your concerns to the developers when they wake up in the morning. I also merged 2 threads together to keep the discussion in one place.

It would be nice if we get a reaction from one of the devs about this. there are literally so many people that don't want private servers in survival and still it's  in the patch notes :/

Most of the ppl dont want them and yet they added these xDDDD

If the survival mode will die within a week cuz of that decision most of the ppl will pbably quit playing due to no pvp at all...not to mention that loot will loose its value.

Edited by SurZeus
  • Love 1

This is the worst move to do this on survival which was supposed to be hard to begin with.  Now players can just farm gear and experience in peace and bring said gear and buffed characters over to normal survival servers.. 

Plus the populations will now  be decreased on regular survival..

What's next a  cash shop and global inventory in survival??    This is a bad move which hurts the spirit of the survival  game just for some revenue.  It's allowing people who don't really want a challenge in survival to purchase servers and "survive in peace."   If you want that gameplay, go to open world or pvp, but why ruin survival.  It WAS for people who didn't want to play with p2w game mechanics and actually have to fight to survive in a mode called  SURVIVAL.

Nobody was asking for this mode, if so they were in the minority of survival players.  

Edited by drekati
  • Love 1