Sign in to follow this  
Wolf_digital

What are the very top three things you would like to see added / fixed

in survival.

Also What are 3 things you enjoy most about survival.

ADD/Fix

• more useful stuff to craft
  • make people more dependent on crafting by less loot and more materials
  • Daily quests

Enjoy most

• the difficulty level
  • the lack of snipers
  • the fact that all  my characters at this moment are all starving or dying and its a genuine struggle to keep them alive.

Would love to see your answers. no need for reasons or explanations.

There is also one of these over on open world.

-Wolf 

• Thanks 1

ADD/REMOVE:

1. water canisters / bottles which you can get water from rivers, lakes, dams or wells.
  2. Remove GI,  its not survival with a GI, survival makes a player choose what is necessary and takes that only rather than stocking up massive GI's which a) reduces value placed on item and b) bigger GI normally wins,  encouraging a pay to win culture.
  3. survival barter/trade outposts to allow players to exchange items for other items on a currency based on needs.
  4. add random transit locations in the middle of nowhere, not just outpost bus stops,  these locations will be better to allow players to move around without the settlement campers being able to guess locations.
  5. Guns and ammo is to common even when rare, take unturned for example and you have the perfect survival action shooter model to work off.

What I like:

1. In general survival is a good honest effort,  very crude with lots of potential to evolve.
  2. Crafting is nice would like to see how this gets expanded on.

Add/Fix

- remove GI (pvp is like in open world already)

- crafting is useless basically, only reasonable thing to craft is locker, everything else is just so wrong.

What I like

- That every character does not have dx+heavy+sniper in bag

ADD/REMOVE:

- Add Vending Machines in Safe Zones for trading.

- Add more rare loot, looting gets boring after a while, there isn't enough rare loot to look forward to.

- Add better items to craft. Making crafting more useful.

What I like:

- Is the fact that most of people don't run around fully geared, sniping each other off.

Edited by rdk.

ADD/Fix

bring back old lightning,colors,grass tint

fix invisible zombies

missions

since barricades are rare they should have longer lifespan

5ppl group

Enjoy most

no dx/riot/heavy tanks all arround

rare snipers

loot has its value

Edited by SurZeus
  • Thanks 1

Add jump stamina and first person only servers.   Corner peeking promotes camping and everyone just corner peeks without being seen = boring and opportunistic combat.

Allow sneak/aim as long as you are hitting sneak while doing so.

Add indoor caves on small scale with timed weapon crates around the map.. this would give players more reason to explore rather than camp in one place.

Make crafted items unique so people want to craft them.. right now they are just to similar to common items and give no incentive to craft anything except Brotherhoods and Lockers.

Add volume slider for vehicles engine sounds (its so loud).

Improve air drop loot.  Not talking snipers but something better than a few mags.

Add base building.

Fix zombie bus (its always stuck) and Humvee (both have trouble running over zombies.)

Add zombie hordes around map or a pack of travelling sprinters.  The forests areas are just too void of any dangers.

Keep snipers rare!

Edited by drekati

I absolutely loved the original and i am really happy to see that a new development team is trying to get this game back on track and fix it's issues! I personally would like to see small movement issues fixed, as they generally break fluent gameplay and annoy the player. I mean issues such as:

- not being able to step onto the sidewalk in most cases (your character just stops and you have to jump to get onto it).

- stairs (on big buildings the fire escape is not actually walk-able and you have to jump and crouch your way up).

- the lack of a free-look (in games such as Arma 3 or PUBG you have a free look where you hit for example alt and you can look around while walking)

I would also really like to see the marketplace added back into survival mode as it makes it easier for players to defeat the super zombie if they chose to buy the necessary ammo as i am often stuck using almost all my ammunition for it, essentially making the last half an hour of looting a waste of time (just my personal opinion).

Other than that i am really enjoying this rework of a classic! Keep it up!

Edited by Kohjin

I would like to see random zombies in the forest or when least expected.  Plus,  many of the same zeds have the same outfit.  Perhaps there was a sale at the GAP before the apocalypse.

It would be nice to have some wildlife such as birds or an occasional deer that wouldn't need to interact with the environment.  Since I play Survival mode the general store needs an attendant selling basic supplies to add some life to the safe areas.

Lastly,  maybe it would be interesting to add a Sentry Zombie that would be less powerful than the Super.   He could patrol on the outskirts of the areas or be alerted by other NPC zombies when least expected.

• Love 2

-A medium level zombie that needs to be watched out for, with a small chance at OK-tier drops, like AR mags or DX bandages etc. 

-Occasional zombies in the woods, as of right now I can just AFK in the woods for 2 minutes under a tree without worrying.  

-crafting still seems underwhelming

-Keep the GI, but it could be space limited to satisfy the people who dont want it. 

-Add NPC trade merchants which allow you to get survival dollars by "vendoring" your stuff.  Exchange rate for selling stuff should be pretty low though.  

-Daily quests or objectives on all game modes.  This could be end up being a PVE/PVP mix as it might funnel people to a certain spot, adding to the challenge.  A ton of different ways to approach this.  

-Add a fat zombie that is tricky to get around in tight spaces. 

-Add child zombies that can run at you and make a horrible noise (that would be terrifying ...why are child zombies the most terrifying??).  

-Add 1 extra bus stop...... I don't have 15 minutes to just hold shift while running to the vault from mid-map...

Add

more zombies , zombies everywhere.  

More variety zombie skins and sound effect. , If you can modify models and size of zombie , would be great to have different model for zombies.

no need for new feature or new ability among zombies. the current one is good enough (screaming, running, fast running, fast dog-style running) But if you can make crawling zombie would be nice.
Keep them real.

Ignore the FPS problem. I heard some devs dont want more zombies because it will cause the lagging. But hell, this is year 2018. The ones who got old toaster PCs should change and upgrade them.

disable grass options , adjust the old dark type of light.

----------------------------

Decreasing loots rates. Super zombie drop nothing (maybe drop meds) So people will killed it for exp only , or maybe kill for secure the loot area. rare items only spawn in item boxes, lower tier loots spawn on common grounds

Imagine in small city (clear view or small villa for example) is pack of full of zombies (like a lot and lot and lot of them) and add 1 or 2 super zombies lurking around. You got guns but not enough ammo to kill them all. stealth is the key, making gun sounds make big impact on life and death.  Malee-ing zombies house by house , roads by roads , kill them one by one to get loot inside the house and food, You have to keep watching and looking out for Super zombie to avoid them because it cause you a lot of gun fire, and you get nothing from it, so you probably want to avoid them, or run away from them. Also looking out for people, and large numbers of zombies make pvp more difficult, typical loadout won't be enough to kill all the zombies and super zombies, running and escaping will have to be applied.

It doesn't have to be PVE focus , but surviving and difficulty is a must. killing players and seeing other survival players are still a thing. but plan and strategy have to be applied. Like "oh there a geared guy right there fighting zombies on the car. but he is too far away. I have mini uzi on me, no siliencer. If I walk through him directly straight I won't survive that another group of zombies. I need to go round to the less zombies area , sneak , sneak , malee zombies that I have to, and ten approach him and kill the lack-of-seeing-surrounding-type-of-guy down." And also the moment like all i found in these few hours are pistols and krugers and loud shotguns, but then you found an item box and it is M4 AR gun with 30 stanag on it ,and you are like OMFG, I need to go safe it in the safe zone.

-------------------------------------

numbers of servers are adjusted according to the players and the size of the map. Each region has only 1- 2 servers. faster zombies spawn , faster loots spawns , people have to scatter around the map to safely farm , taking risk and fight to people for good loot area.

Large map like this we don't need. big empty Forrest and roads and rocks are not fun. We need middle-sized compact map full of POIs (point of interest)
Larger map is needed when population grows.

Basically , More and more and more headcount number of zombies , more zombies skins 

Pleaseeeeeeeeee 

Edited by kajerng