Sign in to follow this  
Georgeyb

Snipers

Any chance there can be something happen to the snipers so annoying every server you go everyone has one and like to fight against snipers with AR, AR only server just get to boring so can you make the pvp like ISS was snipers rare so its more rewarding killing someone that has one than just getting killed in the head once your spawn prot as gone yeah you might just say go play survival i would but i would like SIG Tar to be easy to get snipers to be rare have nightstalker rare and the custom made guns rare as well meds one survival are so bad find anti is really rare when it shouldn't just have DX medkits rare everything else common but you don't so not going to play it just have a straw poll or something to have a vote on what to do with snipers i love playing ISS / NEWZ i like how the pvp is just dont like have the snipers are everywhere you go 

• Love 2

Very true. It has turned into the old newz with snipers literally everywhere. It is either snipe all the time or get killed by 5 man teams (thailands) and rapid fire users on AR pvp. So far those two choices do not seem fun and I am starting to see a downfall because of this....AGAIN

Edited by MrSloth

13 hours ago, Georgeyb said:

Any chance there can be something happen to the snipers so annoying every server you go everyone has one and like to fight against snipers with AR, AR only server just get to boring so can you make the pvp like ISS was snipers rare so its more rewarding killing someone that has one than just getting killed in the head once your spawn prot as gone yeah you might just say go play survival i would but i would like SIG Tar to be easy to get snipers to be rare have nightstalker rare and the custom made guns rare as well meds one survival are so bad find anti is really rare when it shouldn't just have DX medkits rare everything else common but you don't so not going to play it just have a straw poll or something to have a vote on what to do with snipers i love playing ISS / NEWZ i like how the pvp is just dont like have the snipers are everywhere you go 

you should try survival mode dude, snipers are really rare and its like old iss :)

I have proposed a bunch of game balance tweaks needed to buff the AR's up proportionally along with DMR's,  the issue is those in control like sniping and if the AR's become more balanced the amount of whinging is going to get intense.  As a battlefield seasoned pro 999999 of recon players are not scary at all,  sure they have 1 hit kills guns but sniping in BF is extremely hard,  supression effects and also lens glint gives away your position making sniping in BF a true skill set and maybe like only 50 are actually very good at nailing long distance shots regularly.   It was always harder to run into assault players because AR's were effective at any range including longer ranges if used properly,  it was always a tap tap kill scenario that made gun fights more rewarding.   

NewZ isn't balanced,  AR's don't do damage fast enough to kill a heavy armor and DX user.  If it reverts back to the 32-45 damage they used to have, there will be far more AR's on the servers,  right now given how cheap snipers are,  there is no reason to play with anything else.

2 hours ago, Georgeyb said:

i dont want to just play sniper all the time gets boring 

I mean playing with AR and A Sniper on Inventory to Kill Who are Trying to Kill you from Distance. If in front of you just press and Kill him.

4 hours ago, jewdiciousorange said:

I have proposed a bunch of game balance tweaks needed to buff the AR's up proportionally along with DMR's,  the issue is those in control like sniping and if the AR's become more balanced the amount of whinging is going to get intense.  As a battlefield seasoned pro 999999 of recon players are not scary at all,  sure they have 1 hit kills guns but sniping in BF is extremely hard,  supression effects and also lens glint gives away your position making sniping in BF a true skill set and maybe like only 50 are actually very good at nailing long distance shots regularly.   It was always harder to run into assault players because AR's were effective at any range including longer ranges if used properly,  it was always a tap tap kill scenario that made gun fights more rewarding.   

NewZ isn't balanced,  AR's don't do damage fast enough to kill a heavy armor and DX user.  If it reverts back to the 32-45 damage they used to have, there will be far more AR's on the servers,  right now given how cheap snipers are,  there is no reason to play with anything else.

Very true. At one point in newz the guns were actually pretty good. Damage on certain guns were high but the guns were rare which created somewhat of a balance except for every player that was rich or knew a dev had hundreds. But yes this game is unbelievably unbalanced when it comes to AR's. The only problem with raising damage on AR's like they were a year ago is that more and more thais join this game and with their ping they are already op when it comes to AR pvp so I would not even want to know how bad it would be if they raised AR damage. Also overall these new servers are so much slower then what they were like a year ago, I remember not having to worry about these players shooting me in less then a second and killing me but now it seems to be a constant thing. There are just so many problems

On 12/12/2017 at 2:19 PM, Utopia said:

I mean playing with AR and A Sniper on Inventory to Kill Who are Trying to Kill you from Distance. If in front of you just press and Kill him.

yeah your right but thats what i mean thats boring like iss you used to have to flank and stuff and when you did you was gutted and punished and on that when you die you don't really care or feel punished and when you get a sniper its not rewarding like it was in iss  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jewdiciousorange said:

I was thinking a good solution will for them to do a full sniper wipe and reimburse players back per sniper then adjust the spawn rate of snipers to survival like rates making them extremely rare and rewarding.

Like this.

3 hours ago, Georgeyb said:

yeah your right but thats what i mean thats boring like iss you used to have to flank and stuff and when you did you was gutted and punished and on that when you die you don't really care or feel punished and when you get a sniper its not rewarding like it was in iss  

I understand your side too.

5 hours ago, jewdiciousorange said:

I was thinking a good solution will for them to do a full sniper wipe and reimburse players back per sniper then adjust the spawn rate of snipers to survival like rates making them extremely rare and rewarding.

After 2 years of being here I can tell you that it is not a good idea to do that. I would be totally fine with it because I have always been more of a close range AR pvper BUT a lot of people live on snipers in this game. I think snipers literally run this game and if the devs got rid of them the playerbase would drop drastically. They have done this before and trust me the forums were heated for at least a month and people would leave left and right. 

I love the idea and it would make a awesome balance and create more tactical pvp but I think after the first few times they have done wipes they won't do it again. Sniping runs this game so if they got rid of snipers you would be getting rid of a lot of players. :( Just saying because I have been here for years and I have seen these wipes destroy this game  

newz logic: can't jump shot with a automatic weapon or sidearm,  but you can jump shot with a 20KG bolt action rifle? 

Just get rid of jump shot and you have fixed about 90% of the problem.

Also i don't see how less snipers ruins the game.  AR fights are fun and maybe if DMR's get buffed a little they could be very useful instead of the endless irrelevance they currently occupy.

Edited by jewdiciousorange

22 hours ago, isnt said:

We need a sniper wipe like back in the days.

Just wiping snipers is going make a lot of players very unhappy the time it has taken to grind a sniper inventory and then have it wiped because some players didn't like the fact that you had more snipers than them is crazy. As shown the last time they wiped it caused a mass drop in players financial suicide to do it again.

6 hours ago, jewdiciousorange said:

newz logic: can't jump shot with a automatic weapon or sidearm,  but you can jump shot with a 20KG bolt action rifle? 

Just get rid of jump shot and you have fixed about 90% of the problem.

Also i don't see how less snipers ruins the game.  AR fights are fun and maybe if DMR's get buffed a little they could be very useful instead of the endless irrelevance they currently occupy.

Reason less snipers will ruin the game is because people live in sniping in this game. Most who snipe are only good at sniping and can barely AR pvp so if you get rid of snipers then you get rid of much of the playerbase. I am really a AR player and that was my main pvp back in warz and even in the newz emu days but now I have to move to sniping because of the amount people have. I really want a wipe but if they do that you can say bye bye to a lot of people

But hey at least a lot of Thailands would leave xD 

On 15/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, MrSloth said:

Reason less snipers will ruin the game is because people live in sniping in this game. Most who snipe are only good at sniping and can barely AR pvp so if you get rid of snipers then you get rid of much of the playerbase. I am really a AR player and that was my main pvp back in warz and even in the newz emu days but now I have to move to sniping because of the amount people have. I really want a wipe but if they do that you can say bye bye to a lot of people

But hey at least a lot of Thailands would leave xD 

i know people love sniping in this game but the original iss was the best hardly ran in to a sniper and when you did you was scared from losing your gear and etc but when you killed him it was so rewarding now newz is 20+ people playing together in a server all with snipers hold in the town once your spawn prot has gone your dead because you have all of the looking right at you and you can say how long you been here 2 years i have played several emulators before newz played about 4k hours in classic ISS saying you have played 2 years of the game and think what you think works there is a big part of the community that want that i would like but it wont happen because kids that play just want to snipe and snipe get boring i dont always want to snipe dont always want to ar but when you got in a server thats ar and sniper you get killed once spawn prot has gone the hole game needs fixing but in my past experience trying to talk to the dev and posting trying to get changes they dont listen that just my honest opinion they need to have a straw poll or something. 

Edited by Georgeyb

2 hours ago, Georgeyb said:

i know people love sniping in this game but the original iss was the best hardly ran in to a sniper and when you did you was scared from losing your gear and etc but when you killed him it was so rewarding now newz is 20+ people playing together in a server all with snipers hold in the town once your spawn prot has gone your dead because you have all of the looking right at you and you can say how long you been here 2 years i have played several emulators before newz played about 4k hours in classic ISS saying you have played 2 years of the game and think what you think works there is a big part of the community that want that i would like but it wont happen because kids that play just want to snipe and snipe get boring i dont always want to snipe dont always want to ar but when you got in a server thats ar and sniper you get killed once spawn prot has gone the hole game needs fixing but in my past experience trying to talk to the dev and posting trying to get changes they dont listen that just my honest opinion they need to have a straw poll or something. 

Ya I loved that adrenaline warz created with pvp. Loot was not rare but snipers were and like you said once you heard a sniper you were scared. Now if you hear a sniper its more of a oh well who cares. But this game will never have that feeling because of all the snipers. I am with you on this and I wish we could get rid of the snipers and make this game mainly AR like it was supposed to be but that dream has already been crushed years ago. I have not tried to ask a dev about it but this has been a ongoing conversation pretty much ever since this game started and there has never been a perm fix.

Players that want snipers gone either gotta leave or gotta get used to it because it never will change  

On 15.12.2017 at 2:42 PM, 135814n said:

Just wiping snipers is going make a lot of players very unhappy the time it has taken to grind a sniper inventory and then have it wiped because some players didn't like the fact that you had more snipers than them is crazy. As shown the last time they wiped it caused a mass drop in players financial suicide to do it again.

Do you think we didnt grind back in the days?
A lot of traders lost many snipers back in the day, and we didnt quitted the game at all.

I used to take a break at some point but i reentered the bandwagon as you can see.

If you dont like snipers then Survival probably offers you the best option as they are very very rare just like the old ISS, or AR only servers in open world ,  leaving the rest of us to use our snipers in standard open world, everyone is a winner.xD