Sign in to follow this  
rdk.

Sniper Spawn Rate

So basically I have 615 900 xp from super zombie kills, that's roughly 1231 kills. I've gotten 1 SVD in between those kills.

Picked 7 item boxes, not a single sniper inside those.

I was wondering... what's the spawn rate of them? Am I ever going to loot another one again? 

I say this, cause it's getting really boring doing the same thing for so long and not getting any reward for it.. 

How about your thoughts about it? Any luck on finding them?

Edited by rdk.

19 minutes ago, MrSloth said:

I think it's good that they are rare. Sniping in this game is like a "infestation" erckCreep 

What's the point of looting tho after having 100's of each AR and 1000 meds, etc... ?

Just to point out, i don't pvp, almost never..

Edited by rdk.

If you don't PVP  then I wouldn't worry about it.   The point of looting in Survival is to build up an inventory.   Since there is not global inventory access unless in safezones or a marketplace to buy gear, you now have to be strategic in looting and banking.

Those who do pvp on survival don't want it to be a snipe fest or else they would just go play Open World.

If snipers were rampant on survival I would likely stop playing as I enjoy the combat is it is.  No snipers and no shield spamming like you find on Open World makes for much better combat IMO.

Getting one shot from out of nowhere is just not that fun to me..

Edited by drekati
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, rdk. said:

So basically I have 615 900 xp from super zombie kills, that's rougly 1231 kills. I've gotten 1 SVD in between those kills.

Picked 7 item boxes, not a single sniper inside those.

I was wondering... what's the rate spawn of them? Am I ever going to loot another one again? 

I say this, cause it's getting really boring doing the same thing for so long and not getting any reward for it.. 

How about your thoughts about it? Any luck on finding them?

If they buff the spawnrate of snipers pvp will soon become the same like open world. Atm its just pure ar madness, its so much fun. Sometimes people bring out snipers but if they do, they roll 6 people deep which makes playing against them allmost impossible. So yeah, i like the rarity of snipers atm. 

The only thing i would change is that if you find a sniper it should be random which one you find. It's allready so damn hard to find one, so make it at least random which one you get. As of for now you basically only get svds which is pretty boring. 

BUT DONT BUFF SNIPER SPAWNS!!!

Edited by l_miss_sunshine
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rdk. said:

What's the point of looting tho after having 100's of each AR and 1000 meds, etc... ?

Just to point out, i don't pvp, almost never..

Well I mean if you are on survival and you have that much then you should probably start pvping xD 

So basically you guys are saying killing 1200 super zombies and getting only one svd from them is fair. Do you know how much time ive put into killing that many superz's? 6 in game days.

It's kinda insane to me... 

Like I don't like pvp'ing.. I enjoy finding rare stuff and building my GI. But see, I never get to pick anything rare besides military backpack, which isn't that rare to be happy about.. there's nothing really going for in game after you get your inventory filled up, it's a total bummer..

Edited by rdk.

I mean, the point is. It doesn't necessarily have to be snipers.. could be anything, but it has to spawn more often than snipers and it has to be rarer than military backpacks.. like something in between, and multiple items if possible. They could also add new skills, like doublemelee damage, faster item pick up, body melee damage (zombies) etc... it wouldn't hurt the game and it'd give more stuff for ppl to look for.. just saying

yo rdk. id have to say since you dont pvp options are limited. wait till crafting gets going. idk if it was this game or another but didnt someone say base building was coming to survival? maybe you can funnel thoes resources into a nice base or start up a clan where you trade with each other? wish more people traded in survival tbh.

Like a lot of people have already said, I'd prefer the snipers be rare like they are. I don't enjoy Open World pvp as much as I thought I would because there's just no way you can go in by yourself (which is how I play, and there is a reason for this) and have a good time. Between the 5-10 person teams, all with snipers, and the shield spamming and general play style of a lot of people, I just can't seem to find the fun in it. With survival, you can get kills with a kruger mini or a B92 and in my own personal opinion, that is much more fun than getting sniped by 10 people who are watching the spawns. I like that things are rare, and you really have to grind to get something good. The battle with crappy weapons is more personal, and just more enjoyable to me. And I don't really have to care that I lost loot when I get killed, because I know that the other people playing have just as crappy stuff as I did.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Bigfrog said:

you really have to grind to get something good.

Don't you think I deserve more than an SVD from 1200 super zombies I've killed? How much more do I need to grind to get anything good? 

I think ppl misunderstood me.

I don't want snipers do be common either, but the way they are right now is impossible.. 200 or 300 superz's to 1 sniper would've been fair, not 1200 to get one SVD c'mon..

5 hours ago, rdk. said:

Don't you think I deserve more than an SVD from 1200 super zombies I've killed? How much more do I need to grind to get anything good? 

I can understand how you'd want at least something other than an SVD for all those SZ kills. Man though, how much do you play? lol that's a lot of kills

On 11/21/2017 at 10:09 PM, rdk. said:

I mean, the point is. It doesn't necessarily have to be snipers.. could be anything, but it has to spawn more often than snipers and it has to be rarer than military backpacks.. like something in between, and multiple items if possible. They could also add new skills, like doublemelee damage, faster item pick up, body melee damage (zombies) etc... it wouldn't hurt the game and it'd give more stuff for ppl to look for.. just saying

Alien Zombies give snipers, try it out, they spawn at certain locations at night.