All items need durability to maintain the loop.  Can't have infinite use items.  If not, we'll just have a another "Open World" type game mode where everybody have high-end weapons, which causes everything to eventually become a commodity.  

• Thanks 1

A good idea after all in the real world guns wear out maybe use this

50 rounds on a Heavy sniper

100 on the light sniper

250 on the DMR

1000 on assault rifles

750 on the SMG 

500 on shotguns

250 on pistols 

Also have option to repair with crafting maybe breakdown 3 weapons to repair 1

Repaired weapon has random miss fire issues would make it better as well

• Thanks 1

This was in the old game. I hope they do bring it back eventually, along with the repair benches and stuff. I thought it was a nice mechanic.

Personally, I find more weapons than anything else... so I would have no problem with this.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 135814n said:

A good idea after all in the real world guns wear out maybe use this

50 rounds on a Heavy sniper

100 on the light sniper

250 on the DMR

1000 on assault rifles

750 on the SMG 

500 on shotguns

250 on pistols 

Also have option to repair with crafting maybe breakdown 3 weapons to repair 1

Repaired weapon has random miss fire issues would make it better as well

It would greatly improve the gameplay in my opinion. The idea above combined with a limited amount of repairs.

Hey!

Unfortunately until now we have decided not to add durability back to the game ever.

I would like to ask the following: Ask yourself: "Why would we add durability back and how would we be unique in a way of improve the original system of ISS"

Best Regards,

Sven

16 hours ago, Svena69 said:

Hey!

Unfortunately until now we have decided not to add durability back to the game ever.

I would like to ask the following: Ask yourself: "Why would we add durability back and how would we be unique in a way of improve the original system of ISS"

Best Regards,

Sven

Hi Sven,

I think it would be a good idea to put in, and I liked the system Survivor Stories already had in place.

It's realistic, and it would prevent people from using the same gun or melee weapon for forever (unless of course they repair it). It gives more meaning for Repair Kits than just for repairing cars. You can make repairing weapons on the bench cost Survival Currency. It would prevent players from sitting up on a roof top for hours sniping people, they'd eventually have to come down to repair the gun.

It was a feature I always enjoyed in the original game, very unique. I think it set the game apart from other survival games. Either way though, if the devs don't think it's a good idea, it is easier for us this way anyway : P

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2017 at 0:43 AM, Svena69 said:

Hey!

Best Regards,

Sven

Doesn't matter.  Items have to decay over time or they will become a commodity. Please google what commodity means.  Attachments were infinite, this was a problem in I:SS, which they failed to fix even after adding durability.

Survival mode is a general improvement from what the original game offered, except immersion, which is heavily lacking in NewZ. I'm sure you DEVs can figure out a way to make durability an influential part of the game.  

This is a survival sandbox, not infinite item simulator where there are 100,000 Scars in 2 more months. Wake up.

On 9/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, Svena69 said:

Hey!

Best Regards,

I think it would create one more of a value on high their guns and armor as well as the crafting mats to repair two you would be more concerned about just blazing through 500-1000 rounds with no maintenance or repairs three it would add another level of realism and last it would make it so our vaults and stockpiles could eventually decrease regardless of death or PvP you could be mid Gun fight an your gun breaks or zombies are beginning to swarm you do u risk breaking your damaged akm or hatchet or run and tactically kill the ones in your path I dunno either way happy were the game is going  but I rly think this would be great for open world and survival or perhaps maybe even as a server setting keep up the good wrk

Edited by Zack_Batcountry
spelling
  • Love 1