Sven

Survival - Current Progress

Just now, marclister baco said:

why my Infestation Newz Is server status Is offline??? i Need Help 

We turned the server off in order to fix an important issue. We are going to turn them ON ASAP. Thank you for your patience. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Jake said:

I would also like jumping to subtract from stamina, maybe like half of what it takes to vault jump!

We'll see what we can do about this, guys! :)

19 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Very nice,looking forward to survival personally and i guess a lot of the old school warz players are too.

You mentioned skill tree has been re-worked and some skills disabled,lets hope "Hardened" has been disabled because imo it made people become too tanky.

It will most likely be similar to the Infestation skill tree, just with the 'New Z' skills removed.

• Love 2

Will there be some kind of rank in this mode?

I am very excited about this new mode, all my friends will return to play when this mode comes out.

20 minutes ago, jao said:

Will there be some kind of rank in this mode?

If you are talking about rank such as in PVP servers then, no it's not likely. Survival is built around the every man for themselves sort of playing style. I could be wrong... but it would be useless to have such ranks in a survival mode. Now if your talking about a possible rank off of how long your character has been alive, that would be really cool to see!

tumblr_inline_og789pEBFk1reygjb_500.gif 

Edited by Jake
  • Love 1

On 6/12/2017 at 10:46 PM, Jake said:

If you are talking about rank such as in PVP servers then, no it's not likely. Survival is built around the every man for themselves sort of playing style. I could be wrong... but it would be useless to have such ranks in a survival mode. Now if your talking about a possible rank off of how long your character has been alive, that would be really cool to see!

tumblr_inline_og789pEBFk1reygjb_500.gif 

We were thinking about a level system for skill tree - rework skill tree. But shhhh, this was just an idea, felt like sharing it since we have actually had a discussion about this :D

• Love 1

June 14 - Today we got a lot more done! Check out the list below what exactly we got done:

• Database - create a separate global inventory. (this is quite complicated so takes a little bit more time)
    Explanation: Players will have a separate global inventory in this game mode. This global inventory will only be accessible in-game by going to a safe zone and accessing the global inventory. (global inventory access everywhere will be disabled)
  • Server - rework skill tree.
    Explanation: Like mentioned earlier: we will rework the skill tree and remove the "New Z" skills.
  • Super zombie loot & parameters.

Also cool to mention is that we now have a closed test environment running where we work on. You can imagine us (staff team) playing ourselves on the actual servers and based on that we are doing further development. The map is currently being finished together with the loot. Things that are still left to do is:

• The map + loot.
  • Server - re-balance item statistics.
  • Server - disable early revival.
    NOTE: This is going to be a bit harder to do since we are going to make a third in-game currency that can be achieved in survival. This currency can be used to 'early revive'. Premium users will be able to revive instantly.
  • Server - crafting.
    NOTE: We are most likely skipping the crafting system for beta release. We hope to have it ready for the public release. (Beta release will most likely be a release where all premium players can play the new game mode as 'testing' for a week. Then we do a wipe and go back to development and take all the feedback from players that played and finish up the game mode.)

Message to players for today: We are very excited and will continue further development tomorrow. Fredaikis might make a video soon where he is in the survival test environment. We are getting closer and closer to release survival. If we do right, and everything goes right we might be able to pull of the survival beta for the upcoming patch. Stay tuned. We'll update you guys later tomorrow.

• Love 3

30 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

June 14 - Today we got a lot more done! Check out the list below what exactly we got done:

• Database - create a separate global inventory. (this is quite complicated so takes a little bit more time)
    Explanation: Players will have a separate global inventory in this game mode. This global inventory will only be accessible in-game by going to a safe zone and accessing the global inventory. (global inventory access everywhere will be disabled)
    Explanation: Like mentioned earlier: we will rework the skill tree and remove the "New Z" skills.

Also cool to mention is that we now have a closed test environment running where we work on. You can imagine us (staff team) playing ourselves on the actual servers and based on that we are doing further development. The map is currently being finished together with the loot. Things that are still left to do is:

• The map + loot.
    NOTE: This is going to be a bit harder to do since we are going to make a third in-game currency that can be achieved in survival. This currency can be used to 'early revive'. Premium users will be able to revive instantly.
  • Server - crafting.
    NOTE: We are most likely skipping the crafting system for beta release. We hope to have it ready for the public release. (Beta release will most likely be a release where all premium players can play the new game mode as 'testing' for a week. Then we do a wipe and go back to development and take all the feedback from players that played and finish up the game mode.)

Message to players for today: We are very excited and will continue further development tomorrow. Fredaikis might make a video soon where he is in the survival test environment. We are getting closer and closer to release survival. If we do right, and everything goes right we might be able to pull of the survival beta for the upcoming patch. Stay tuned. We'll update you guys later tomorrow.

Sweet!

39 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

• The map + loot.
  • Server - crafting.

Awesome!!!

Thats great news,really looking forward to survival,i want that feeling back of where loot really mattered and you had to think what your taking out and the risks of doing so..not had that feeling for a long time.

Good job guys...but two things...i think instant revive is a really bad thing...thats not hardcore survival...

and before entering the map can u load things to your character?i think shouldnt be any type of global inventory, this should be a hardcore survival mode where u enter just for survive and kill.

25 minutes ago, bakkasura said:

Good job guys...but two things...i think instant revive is a really bad thing...thats not hardcore survival...

and before entering the map can u load things to your character?i think shouldnt be any type of global inventory, this should be a hardcore survival mode where u enter just for survive and kill.

There will be a separate global inventory. A lot of players have been asking for this.

• Love 1

June 15 - Today we got a lot more done! Check out the list below what exactly we got done:

NOTE: Sorry for the change here again: there won't be instant revival. Premium will have 50% less revive timer, normal accounts will have to wait 3 minutes to revive their character.
  • Server - currency: disabled.
    NOTE: We will add the new survival currency on a later progress - for now this will be disabled.
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

There will be a separate global inventory. A lot of players have been asking for this.

But i mean when u want to spawn, can u put things on u from this survival GI?

1 minute ago, bakkasura said:

But i mean when u want to spawn, can u put things on u from this survival GI?

Yes, you can. But when you loot and log out, you can't put items in your GI. You'll have to walk to a safe zone!

8 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

Yes, you can. But when you loot and log out, you can't put items in your GI. You'll have to walk to a safe zone!

I read the fact of going to safe zone as warz, but i think is a big mistake if you wanna make this SURVIVAL the fact that you can put things from SI.

This mode should be without any kind of inventory...a hardcore survival mode, just keep alive with things you loot on your days alive before die...

The problem of any type of inventory is that in one month the be loot of people and clans that will have such a big inventory that this mode wont be a survival...remember this words...

Inventory = not survival

Im very pleasent with all the work you guys had made after picking this game, im not a hater dont missunderstand my words

Will we be seeing the new police cars like at the new secret spot? will there be aliens? Will there be private servers that are attached to survivor mode? will hunger and thirst be the same? will you change up super locations? can i get your discord daily credits? :D

1 hour ago, Wolf_digital said:

Will we be seeing the new police cars like at the new secret spot? will there be aliens? Will there be private servers that are attached to survivor mode? will hunger and thirst be the same? will you change up super locations? can i get your discord daily credits? :D

Will we be seeing the new police cars like at the new secret spot?

No, since the map will be the original Colorado V2 map. No additions.

Will there be aliens?

If you mean alien super zombies - no. If you mean custom zombies - no. BUT we will most likely introduce these on a later state!

Will there be private servers that are attached to survivor mode?

Not in the beginning but we might enable them at some point if survival becomes popular.

Will hunger and thirst be the same?

Yes. You will be able to run out of food and water.

Will you change up super locations?

If you mean 'change' compared to how they are in open world, then yes they will change. Super zombies will be just like in old Infestation.

Can i get your discord daily credits? :D

No idea what you mean with this.

Hope answers are clear :)

If there is going to be a GI and we're not able to bank except in a safe zone, wouldn't that limit the areas people will be?

No one is going to go near the middle of the map, say boulder if they have to run for an hour to get to a safezone. I don't think banking only in a safezone is the way to go, I also don't think having GI access is a good idea either. It would be a lot more fun and cooler if the loot you had on you was all that you could carry. I'm sure you could transfer loot between characters and maybe have a storage character, but I believe that should be the limit of banking items.

• Love 1