Wolf_digital

Ways to stop player to player server rent scams

Maybe have a way to rent to other players through an ui? instead of of leaving it up to my word is my bond. players are getting scammed and that's not good for the game. plus if it was easier to rent the server you bought to other players there would be more purchasing the servers to be able to rake in the GD.    Have it so the owner of the server could tick a box if that player was allowed to drop a locker for instance. i think people would  really like that. not to mention no more pissed off players  who got scammed. they enter their character name of the person who rented from them and they set how long that person can rent for. once both have agreed the system will automaticaly let them in. That sounds convoluted i guess but  the core idea is good i think.

ZOMBIE CAT!!!
giphy.gif

Edited by Wolf_digital

Make sense,But i think it will just be abused,because the same people will just buy a server constantly to rake in the GD then people will have a hard time getting private servers of their own then the prices people are charging for access to their servers will skyrocket.

Doubt they would want this anyway,they want people to buy servers not rent them from other players and to be honest i wouldn't trust any other player.

"skyrocket"...

Not necessarily. A suggestion I gave to the developers a while back (but I think was ignored) was...

(For myself... with my Private Server)...

I'm not trying to make a profit from the server. I would just prefer to divide the monthly cost by the max users allowed on the server.

So. For example... (assuming it's a 10 slot server)

- if the server cost me $40 a month (obviously, they need a fixed price on this too) to rent.

- I could "re-rent" 1 slot for $4 a month... and break-even.

- Removing the profit aspect also removes any skyrocketing prices.

The only issue there is... would someone pay $4 a month to have full access to a private server ?

To make easier to swallow... perhaps... buyers are credited with "X" amount of GD...

So it would work like this.

1) I buy a 10 slot server for (example) $40

2) I resell each slot for $4 a month. The buyer pays the Developers directly.

3) I don't make a profit. If I sell 4 slots (and not sell 6 slots)... that's on me. It's a chance I take.

4) The slot buyer gets 10,000 (for example) GD to use in the month.

5) Me... as the "server owner" gets 1,000 GD for each "re-rented slot".... totaling 10,000 GD if all the slots were re-rented.

Again... the biggest question would be... would someone rent a slot for $4 a month.

Re-renting the slots would get more users on the server I think.

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Make sense,But i think it will just be abused,because the same people will just buy a server constantly to rake in the GD then people will have a hard time getting private servers of their own then the prices people are charging for access to their servers will skyrocket.

Doubt they would want this anyway,they want people to buy servers not rent them from other players and to be honest i wouldn't trust any other player.

Yea but if u are buying a rent for server the owner is just paying the price, unless he already has the server owned

The only way this should be legit is if the server isn't already rented.