I have been vociferous in my contestations that NewZ was going to run into problems down the line as early as late 2017, most said I was crazy trying to implement change for a game that "has its ways". Roll on end of 2019 and "the way" is clearly the wrong way as with calling a spade a spade the game is dying and it is due to a myriad of reasons the Dev team seem to overlook or just frankly don't give a toss about.
I support the call that the game is a sniper cesspit of shoot and miss toxicity with no chance of diversity, if you don't like sniper play you are out of luck as killing other players is just pot luck or perfect ambush. AR's, Combat rifles (FN FAL) and DMR's have little purpose and even in their optimal environments they are still easily beaten by snipers.
To address this point I will start of pointing out how broken the dynamic is with Sniper vs Non sniper duals. The game is almost fully optimised for sniper game play, quick scoping is faster than aiming down sight with a PDW/SMG or handgun, the quickscope hit register is broken ie: complete misses are headshots to the game code and snipers can exploit no clipping when close to a wall or shield or another player, AR's or basically any gun not a sniper you can't jumpshot unless in first person and in first person you have to expose yourself fully leaving you open to a quickscope, as above AR's/other guns clip out when to close to walls, shields, players etc. Also as above the aim down sight for other guns is far slower than snipers quick scoping and there is just no feasible outcome where that is true, snipers with 8x optics can aim faster than a RDS/IS sighted automatic or handgun, sure thing. I have used the analogy if it feels fake and plays fake, the fakeness will drive people away, creating a game where other guns are completely and utterly over match in every circumstance is going to kill player base. 2019 I was right, the game is on life support fueled by micro transactions.
Anyways been in a group with Svena for some time discussing ideas to improve the general balance in the game and how it is tailored to sniper only gameplay, just some of the points that came up.
1) Jumpshot and quickscope should not be exclusive to Snipers, it has to be the same for other guns, third person jump shooting must be universally allowed to make it fair. If you are using a non sniper to jumpshot you need to go first person and that requires you being exposed while snipers can no clip through shields, walls and even other players when to close.
2) PDW/SMGs should be highly effective at close ranges with a vast array of damage, fire rate and time to reload. For example a Bizon should be slower to reload due to its cartridge magazine design, the MP5 is the best balance between rate of fire, damage and reload times, The Thompson should have highest damage as it uses a .44 caliber round. All PDW's due to their compact nature should have the fastest time to aim and the lowest effect on player mobility.
3) Assault rifles and Carbines, right now it is just a bore, all have the same damage and the other stats are the same. There needs to be a massive difference in all from rate of fire, hit damage, time to aim, reload times. The Russian based AR's should generally have more stopping power but have lower rate of fire and slower bullet velocity while the NATO STANAG 5.56 rounds are high velocity high penetration rounds should have faster bullet velocity but lowered damages. The FN FAL should be classified a Combat Rifle making it the highest damage and best Automatic up to medium + distances eg: 200-250m, it should be allowed full AR attachments and it has a under and side rail so it should be allowed a grip and laser, the damage should be around 40 inside decay and a minimum damage around 29 over decay which should be around 200m
4) DMR's, DMRs or Sniper support marksmen rifles are hybrid high caliber rifles, they use 7.62x42 or .308 rounds, they are just semi automatic weapons. They should have medium to high distance efficiency with guaranteed two tap to the head kills, their rate of fire is to low as well as their damages, they should be around 55-60 damage a shot and a fire rate closer to the FN FAL, just no full auto.
5) Crossbows and Mosins have no purpose, both have to low damage and no value to be used. A mosin should be a low level sniper which can one shot to the head to offset the slow time between shots. The Crossbow should do around 120 damage with bleeding, that will be a head shot kill and leave a player low life with a body shot and bleeding for a while which slowly drains life and hinders mobility, the slow reload and the low range makes it a ambush weapon but could be a really useful one in the right circumstances.
6) For handguns the Anaconda and Deagle should be buffed, they should do 50+ damage to offset the recoil.
7) Automatic weapons spread issue, the current idea doesn't work, the spray makes very little sense the skill should be recoil management. Armorless players damage resistance penalties for all gun types. No helmet players receive 25% more damage and no body armor is 15% more damage. This will mean for non snipers DMR's should be one shots, Combat rifles (FAL) 2 shots and AR/Carbine/PDW's should be 3-4 shots to kill. Body shots should be 2 to kill for DMR's, 3-4 for Combat rifles and high damage assault rifles and carbines and around 5-6 for lower damage carbines and handguns.
9) Weapon and load out weight should hinder mobility, 50 Cals for instance should slow a player down due to weight while lighter weapons have less penalty.
10) 50 caliber snipers should be high velocity, low drop highest damage weapons but the guns and ammo should be rare, this is followed by the .338 which the AWP should be as well, these guns must be hard to get and ammo even harder. .308 and 7.62's should be less rare but still hard to find guns and ammo. Silenced snipers hsould be very hard to get
11) VSS needs to be reworked, it is OP as f..k, the worst adaptation of a VSS in a game so far, based on no reality at all. PUBG and Armor have the best versions of th e VSS. It can have a faster fire rate but much lower damage and bullet velocity needs to be low, it has a muzzle velocity of 220m/s using a sub sonic round, it is a ambush weapon not a range weapon, hitting someone at 200m should be very hard and with a 10 mag bullets run out fast because it is a automatic.
12) New Ammo types, ie: Stanag 5.56 high velocity rounds for faster bullet velocity and greater chance of hits, but slightly lowered damage, AS Val and VSS should get a SP6 heavy bullet magazine for more damage but lower velocity decreased range and affects drop rate. 50 cal tungsten tipped round for Instant 1 hit kills but very very hard to find due to that fact. 7.62x49 sub sonic rounds for the OTS SVU and lastly a steel tip 7.62x39 for all russian designed guns, upped damage but lowered velocity.
13) Lastly the decay issue, no guns should do 0 damage at any range, I suggest Battlefields model where a gun has a effective range up to say 80m, inside that range you do max damage, after 80m say a 15% reduction in damage eg: M4A1 does 26 damage up to 80m after 80m it should do around 19 damage regardless of range.