Sven

Halloween 2019 Event

11 minutes ago, RobMUK said:

Only one "secret" location on each map, this is a pisstake.

Thanks for the feedback mr. pisstake

• Confused 1

Just now, screwybruce said:

how about fixing the game from crashing? Gimmicks are not required in a GOOD game. Should have been called Return to Crashalot

Crash? Tell me your PC hardware pieces. I haved some problems because the slot off VGA was "rusty".

15 hours ago, Sven said:

Okay so you consider the secret spots in every map, in every game mode NOT PVE? All the items you can find? All the zombies you can kill / get items from? This is all FULLY PVP in your eyes? What about the super rare blue scythe item that players can find? Double XP is also kind of PVE related, which for Survival started yesterday. What about the finding / returning fingers in for Halloween 2019 boxes? That not PVE related either?

For the 3rd time.... read it slowly and less defensively. The majority of what you named doesn't start until on or AFTER the 30th. Dear GOD @Sven You are a smart man but you are getting so defensive you aren't even reading what I SAID! 

I NEVER SAID IT WASNT THERE to DO. I pointed to start date. I haven't been on survival or pvp in forever. Not since a player took me and Kat out at one time on survival. She wont go back I we like being on same board. So pointless there. Survival player ran 2 players off at once. Congrats 2 him. I haven't played on PVP in months. Go check my acct. SO when I returned to PVE only and the dates all start the 30th or later don't try to tell me theres stuff to do TODAY. THERE ISN'T. 

The Rare blue Scythe. Nice... I have I better chance of finding the nearly non existent boxes than I do that thing. Its nice, its pretty yes. But for someone who has played as many hours as I already have and found no more of the boxes than I have... I am not going to hold my breath on this thing. 

On to my private server statement. Here is what I mean and this is my final explanation and comment on this:

I have had / purchased private servers before. Then we maintained ours for nearly a year. We had one during last Halloween and Christmas Events. We did let it go for a month or so while debating if we wanted to renew again. During this time we have watched loot get lighter and lighter, event loot became scarcer and scarcer. We went from having huge events with very busy trade lounge and busy servers to where the Hell is everyone?? But again... that happened as you followed the advice of the  " Make Loot Rare!!" crowd. Now you have. Congrats! You have server owners who "WERE" loyal not spending their money here anymore. I hope your crybabies that wanted things like this put their money where their mouth is. I am, or should I say I am stopping it. Apparently its the only thing that gets through to you guys!!

WE...ARE...NOT....HAPPY!!

Oh and Sven, I haven't been on the board in over a month until I posted the other day. My daughter had a baby and I have had FAR MORE important things going in my life. Check my game log ins, check whatever you like. I have no idea what happed 2--- 3---4 weeks ago. II played a couple of times from her place but very little in weeks and not on here since God knows when.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 3:37 PM, RussianKGB said:

Só acho que as probabilidades do drop está bem baixa

Eu acho que sim também. As chances não seriam tão ruins se houvesse mais de um ponto secreto IMHO.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

you followed the advice of the  " Make Loot Rare!!" crowd. Now you have. Congrats!

Hey, I say that, but not for skin boxes, only for snipers, heavy and pvp items. You sense any difference in this items drop?

Há um tópico dedicado a vários pontos sobre o número de snipers no jogo, statísticas de armas e skills. Ele foi completamente ignorado embora vários players (acho que até você) tenham postado suas opiniões lá. 

UPDATE:

Open World DOUBLE GD now has also started!

Also, the free premium weekend now also has started! Enjoy!

rJChZPD.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheWraith said:

When the event end we still able to exange fingers???

Yes, but when we patch the exchange will be gone, Don't worry this will be some time after the event ends tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Just for the formalities:

The event has now ended.

- BR map change will happen upcoming weekend again, until then the map will stay Arena.

- New spotlight / skins / sale will happen this Wednesday again. Until then no changes.

- All Halloween related events have been disabled, except for:

1) The trading lounge: will be patched out in upcoming patch.

2) The finger exchange mission / craft option: will be patched out in upcoming patch.

3) The Halloween secret spots: will be patched out in upcoming patch. Also, these spots don't spawn any loot anymore. (since the event is over)

- Giveaway winners have been announced and emailed.

I'm leaving this thread open for those who'd like to share any initial feedback. Feel free to do so!

Wow... what an event. I was going to make a long comment about it but, why? With all the negative posts, I don't really need to. So, I will just give a few thoughts.

1) So, @Steve said there wasn't room enough for more than one spot. Interesting. In my travels, I saw plenty of other spots large enough. Besides, if you hadn't gotten so tree and boulder happy there would have been more open area. Besides, If you still thought there weren't enough places, why not clear some of the trees and boulders away and MAKE ROOM.

2) The Pumpkin Hats. All I can say is Why? A recycled item that spawned about 5 times as much as any other item for the event?

3) I was happy to receive the 'free' box for logging in on Oct 31st. I had hopes that I would get something special. What did I end up with? A WITCH SOUP!!!! (This is even more troubling because it was another very common item spawning and dropping from zombies all over the map.

4) Free Premium. A nice touch indeed. However, why was it cut off before Sunday? Don't you usually run it the entire weekend?

5) The Halloween Spot. It looked awesome. However, Why so much wasted space? 7 tents total but you could only enter 3? (The main tent seemed to only want to spawn Pumpkin Hats to the tune of 5 to 6 every time I visited it.

6) The quantity of zombies in the spot. All I can say about this is, where the hell were they? Kill them all in about 5 minutes and then have to either go elsewhere or wait? This could have been greatly improved. Why didn't you add a Super or an Alien to the location?

7) Fingers. Another nice touch. Sadly, you could find far more at locations other than the Halloween spot.

8 ) A hate mask? Why would you introduce an item that you can't even talk about in the text chat? (In case you don't remember, hate is one of the 'bad words' that is censored)

9 ) Those Godawful taunts. What the hell were you thinking?

In other words, compared to last years Halloween event, this one bombed. I, and a bunch of others know you can do better. It's almost like you really don't care anymore.. It shows in the effort that went into this event. @Sven, you are better than this. Those of us that have been around for a while know what you are capable of and this was far and away below your talents. Oh, and @The Wraith, you can keep your snarky little comments about what I have said to yourself. I don't really care what you think.

Hopefully the Christmas event will be much better. Only time will tell.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

Edited by CampersRUs
Added 2 more comments.
  • Sad 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

I don't really care what you think.

Long time we didnt see your cries about what you dont like!!!But here you are again!Its my idea you say last time "i quit try make things better"? Anyway the rest of players we enjoy the event (you can check ALL the coments above)running entire map gathering items,event boxes whithout wait the devs drop all this in front of our feets...The event was awsome!!!Has everything...douple xp and money items to search for.By the way didnt see you make comment when event was running so guess what....now it too late for cries!!!

I had hopes that I would get something special. What did I end up with? A WITCH SOUP!!!!

I open all my boxes and i found skins!!! Nobody faulse for your bad luck!Enjoy that soup but carefull maybe its hot....

you can keep your snarky little comments about what I have said to yourself

You can make the same for your BIG cried comments!!!! If you dont really care dont answer!!! Just pls stop CRY about anything!

Edited by TheWraith

9 hours ago, Sven said:

- BR map change will happen upcoming weekend again, until then the map will stay Arena.

Update. The EUA server is tropic now.

20 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Wow... what an event. I was going to make a long comment about it but, why? With all the negative posts, I don't really need to. So, I will just give a few thoughts.

1) So, @Steve said there wasn't room enough for more than one spot. Interesting. In my travels, I saw plenty of other spots large enough. Besides, if you hadn't gotten so tree and boulder happy there would have been more open area. Besides, If you still thought there weren't enough places, why not clear some of the trees and boulders away and MAKE ROOM.

2) The Pumpkin Hats. All I can say is Why? A recycled item that spawned about 5 times as much as any other item for the event?

3) I was happy to receive the 'free' box for logging in on Oct 31st. I had hopes that I would get something special. What did I end up with? A WITCH SOUP!!!! (This is even more troubling because it was another very common item spawning and dropping from zombies all over the map.

4) Free Premium. A nice touch indeed. However, why was it cut off before Sunday? Don't you usually run it the entire weekend?

5) The Halloween Spot. It looked awesome. However, Why so much wasted space? 7 tents total but you could only enter 3? (The main tent seemed to only want to spawn Pumpkin Hats to the tune of 5 to 6 every time I visited it.

6) The quantity of zombies in the spot. All I can say about this is, where the hell were they? Kill them all in about 5 minutes and then have to either go elsewhere or wait? This could have been greatly improved. Why didn't you add a Super or an Alien to the location?

7) Fingers. Another nice touch. Sadly, you could find far more at locations other than the Halloween spot.

8 ) A hate mask? Why would you introduce an item that you can't even talk about in the text chat? (In case you don't remember, hate is one of the 'bad words' that is censored)

9 ) Those Godawful taunts. What the hell were you thinking?

In other words, compared to last years Halloween event, this one bombed. I, and a bunch of others know you can do better. It's almost like you really don't care anymore.. It shows in the effort that went into this event. @Sven, you are better than this. Those of us that have been around for a while know what you are capable of and this was far and away below your talents. Oh, and @The Wraith, you can keep your snarky little comments about what I have said to yourself. I don't really care what you think.

Hopefully the Christmas event will be much better. Only time will tell.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

Hey @CampersRUs Sorry I haven't been able to reply to you earlier. Read the replies late night and wanted to reply on a better time.

Thanks for referring back to some points. The feedback is much appreciated and I appreciate you taking the time to write this.

I think it's best I reply to each individual point to keep this as clear as possible:

1 ) You are right. Community is right. As far as I recall it was really something we had never done but I totally understand why people don't like to have 1 spot per map. We should not do that for future events again. It's either that we add more than at least one event spot per map OR we could also add variations; some small ones, some medium ones and some big ones.

2 ) I understand. They weren't supposed to be that common so that's definitively something we should 'fix' in future events. One thing that I'd like to explain regarding hats and the spawn rates of them is that most of the times we do these events we'd like to equip the zombies with event related gear. In this case there was some headgear items but we are pretty much only able to equip something on their head or on their body. Basically, this will pretty much always end up in that hat or headgear to be common, as we'd like to have around 30-40% of the zombies to be equipped with something event related. They always drop what they wear so yeah, that's pretty much why. Reducing the amounts is not really an option as we'd like to have the zombies be themed to the event, also, we have to make it so it drops the item they wear, so we can't make it not drop either. Next to that you could say "just add more different headgear items and vary between them" and perhaps that is probably the best approach to improve this but that still won't remove the fact that headgear or hats will be quite common. Maybe you guys have some ideas?

3 ) Witch soup should not have been in the box. I agree on that. It's better to have like skins, sprays and perhaps some more "valuable" items in the box than a one-time consumable witch soup. I understand the feedback. Thanks.

4 ) I'm not sure if we were wrong here or you, but it ended on Monday not on Sunday?

5 ) I'll ask Steve what he thinks of that. I personally thought the spot was okay but perhaps the idea with the variations in sizes would also kind of improve this situation.

6 ) I do aim to add a unique new creature in the future for events, something we've recently been working on and getting very far in development. I can't share anything right now but big things coming. We fixed a lot of issues and finally capable of doing this properly. Ready for New Z to jump into a next chapter?! :)

7 ) Good point actually. I do like to add an "exchange" item like the finger every event, but good point that it should not just spawn at the spot. Perhaps also add it in the whole map(s). Why not?! :D

8 ) Hate should be removed from the censor list. I think it's already fixed for upcoming patch. LOL.

9 ) I personally think it's quite funny. I mean, why not? xD

I'll personally try to do better for next big event. Sorry if this one disappointed you.

Thanks for the reply @Sven. I would like to add a couple more thoughts about what I presented.

Witch Soup. I really do appreciate the addition of seasonal items. But, like we both said, it should not have been in the event boxes. (the grenade brains were a nice touch too LOL) btw, there are only 2 famous witches that make soup, the rest make a BREW.

The Free Premium indeed ended before Sunday here. Not sure if it was a glitch or not but it definitely was gone when I logged in on Sunday. (I live in the US Mountain Time Zone.) At any rate, that was a minor distraction.

The finger was also a nice addition. As long as it doesn't happen like it did with last Easter where there were more colored eggs than there were slots to fill the missions for all the eggs. (That lead to an over abundance of eggs that could not be turned in for the exchange) Just as a suggestion, these items could be set up like the fingers where you trade in a certain amount of them for the prize instead of having to carry a quantity of it to fulfill the task.

As a side note about the finger, it wasn't that it wasn't available outside the event spot as it dropped from zombies that I killed. Maybe for future events the spawn rate at the actual event site could be increased?

I never did understand why 'hate' was censored in the text chat in the first place.

As far as the taunts, I'll just say that I will never purchase any of them. There is enough 'verbal' taunting in the game already.

I'm looking forward to the next big event to see what you can cook up.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

17 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Thanks for the reply @Sven. I would like to add a couple more thoughts about what I presented.

Witch Soup. I really do appreciate the addition of seasonal items. But, like we both said, it should not have been in the event boxes. (the grenade brains were a nice touch too LOL) btw, there are only 2 famous witches that make soup, the rest make a BREW.

The Free Premium indeed ended before Sunday here. Not sure if it was a glitch or not but it definitely was gone when I logged in on Sunday. (I live in the US Mountain Time Zone.) At any rate, that was a minor distraction.

The finger was also a nice addition. As long as it doesn't happen like it did with last Easter where there were more colored eggs than there were slots to fill the missions for all the eggs. (That lead to an over abundance of eggs that could not be turned in for the exchange) Just as a suggestion, these items could be set up like the fingers where you trade in a certain amount of them for the prize instead of having to carry a quantity of it to fulfill the task.

As a side note about the finger, it wasn't that it wasn't available outside the event spot as it dropped from zombies that I killed. Maybe for future events the spawn rate at the actual event site could be increased?

I never did understand why 'hate' was censored in the text chat in the first place.

As far as the taunts, I'll just say that I will never purchase any of them. There is enough 'verbal' taunting in the game already.

I'm looking forward to the next big event to see what you can cook up.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

Good point about the soup. LOL. It's nice to have these items but not in the box, unless they are some kind of rare collectible item I suppose.

Well thanks at least for pointing out that it ended Sunday. Not sure what or how it happened but i'll double check next time so this doesn't happen again.

I get the point about the eggs. That's mostly also why we did just 1 'finger' item. I mean we could increase the spawn rates, we actually did that through out the event already but most importantly I think the biggest difference will be made when these kind of items are also findable / farm able in the rest of the maps. Of course the event spot(s) will always have a higher concentration of event items, higher chances and probably particular items will only be able to spawn there but for the finger item maybe we could do this.

Thanks for the further feedback!

Have a nice day!