Sven

Halloween 2019 Event

Got a bit of feedback coming.

First off, all of the stuff looks great, the skins, the items, the secret places, the lounge all look awesome (except for that pumpkin hat but I think that's been like that forever). I'm also pretty much okay with the box and fingers being pretty rare, 'cuz I get it, those skins are special and I'm more then okay with hard grinding to get them.

The things that bother me the most though are the other items. Unless you want them for aesthetic reasons, they're all rather useless stats-wise, and, except for the hat, brain and soup, way too rare. There is no real reason to collect more then one each of those items really.

Regarding stats, I feel like the following would at least give them some use:

Hat 10% to 15% Damage Reduction, roughly equivalent M9 Helmets, maybe a bit worse since they're so common

Butcher knife 60 damage, equivalent to hatchet

Scythe 100 damage, equivalent to brotherhood

Witch soup is quite okay actually, maybe a tiny bit more food restoration considering soup is food, unlike electro aid (which has the same stats)

On top of that, I've yet have to find a butcher knife or a scythe outside of the secret spots; I feel like they should spawn everywhere at a semi-rare rate, so that you should be able to get one or two of those every now and then, with the scythe being considerably more rare of course.

Hope that's not too nitpicky, overall I'm quite enjoying the event, maybe the usefullness of non-skin items can be considered more in future events.

I used to play many game genres like gowar z and infestation vietnam but i started to join the new z i enjoyed and i have been with the game for 3 years.Game so good and my alway play the new z and 
introduce more friends

3 hours ago, Sven said:

Okay so with that logic, you might as well write anything, anywhere at any time. You think that will get us anywhere?

You read, in another topic we no have answer. So, yeah, we're going to somewhere. This topic not have any anwser

3 hours ago, Sven said:

Have anything to say about this event? Have anything to say about anything related to this event? Feel free to write here.

Point 1,2,3 is because we had changes because of the event.

1. Two types off granade are very bad to use in BR.
2. BR don't need cancer (riot's). And have two types. Only macro players are beneficied. Stop benefit macro players in this game, PLZ.
3. Pumpkin Helmet has 3% defense. It makes no difference at ANY hit. You die like use nothing, but your head appears in the corners if you use.

If I say in BR seccion and we no have the event, "two types of grenade" (brain and normal) no makes sense. Only during the event.

4 hours ago, Sven said:

Support

They don't even read your ticket right. See my girlfriend's ticket and see for yourself - [Game Issue] #114803
I not recommend to anyone go to support. You have to explain two times a simple video recorded.

Sorry for any issues I caused by trying to get a response. But apparently important forum discussions are ignored or have generic answers.

I guarantee that I will not raise any questions other than "thanks for the event". 
If I have any criticism I'll keep it to myself.

16 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Thanks for the feedback. I've seen more people report they are disappointed there is only 1 secret spot per map. All I can say here is thanks for pointing that out as well. I know the reasoning for this is mostly due to the size of the secret spot. Either way, most importantly is sum down that there is a lot of people reporting the same thing

@Sven I really don't see how this became an issue. When you guys did the Viking event you changed how the size and arrangement  of the settlements and they worked out just fine. Why couldn't this have been done for the Halloween event?  Just a question, just a thought. I don't like there being only one spot either, Even on a server with only 2 people that isn't enough especially wen you guys cranked the box numbers down to near nil being found there. Its almost not worth it to go. I does look cool.... just an issue being so far out and only the 1. I cant imagine what its like on servers with 8-9-10 or more people. You wouldn't find anything.

Edited by DNI_Adrian

14 hours ago, Sven said:

What about:

- Double XP and GD in Survival, Open World.

- Free premium weekend.

- The fact that you have a chance of getting the box for free, which is GC.

- The secret spots in all maps / all game modes.

- Further Halloween items like the blue scythe and the hate mask, etc.

- Halloween themed lounge, and pvp map.

- The daily login reward.

- The giveaway.

- The live stream event.

^ All things players can participate in without spending a single $. As far as I recall pretty much anything you COULD spend money on is cosmetic based.

What if I told you we made the boxes more common? Players won't notice this anyways unless we make it so they find 100 every round they farm. Loot is chance based we can't control this. A random dude that never plays could log in and find 3 in one run, and a guy that farms the spot 10 times can only find 1. That's just how it is.

If we increase the chances and not say anything, no one will notice. If we say we did increase them, players will complain saying nothing has changed anyways.

The box is purely cosmetic based, no advantages / disadvantages, there is a small chance players can find it in-game. That's it.

Im going to say this again... There isn't anything for PVE til after the 30th. Check what I said again. I also know how this box mess works and also that they are cosmetics. I am not a NOOB and I am not a kid. Please don't treat me as though I am here. I don't NEED an explanation of what boxes are or what they do or don't have in them. I am A Vet player, an adult not a noob or a kid. My point was that players come and play solely for the free stuff. Apparently you missed my point and went way off course there. Players used to pile onto this game bc it was cool. Everyone could get the ultra cool skins, and you didn't need to be a money player to do it. Then you guys made "some" skin boxes that cost GC. They weren't thrilled , some left time went on. Now here we are. As we sit you just tried to tell us that ALL skin boxes used to had to be bought in game with GC. I was here on a friends acct back when trade was still only in DX and the sniper wipe if that gives you a better clue . I have been around a minute or two.

Oh and you said  the players wont notice?? How about yes they will when they play for 3-4 hours and don't find a damn thing. Makes it pretty pointless to play when the whole point to making sure we even rented our server was so we didn't have to compete with others for boxes. SO if Im not getting boxes bc im competing for them with others for FREE why the HELL would I PAY SERVER RENTAL and have the same result?????  

SO your right. Nothing has changed. Nothing that us PVE players have discussed at length with you has or will. You guys keep catering to this crowd that keeps cramming PVP and BR down everyone's throats then wonder where all your long time players are going. ASK you PVP crowd where they went.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:41 AM, DNI_Adrian said:

@Sven I really don't see how this became an issue. When you guys did the Viking event you changed how the size and arrangement  of the settlements and they worked out just fine. Why couldn't this have been done for the Halloween event?  Just a question, just a thought. I don't like there being only one spot either, Even on a server with only 2 people that isn't enough especially wen you guys cranked the box numbers down to near nil being found there. Its almost not worth it to go. I does look cool.... just an issue being so far out and only the 1. I cant imagine what its like on servers with 8-9-10 or more people. You wouldn't find anything.

Well yeah, you are correct. To be really fair I / we never thought it would be a problem. After all, it really is yeah. I remember when Steve was adding the secret spots and he told me that he was only adding one secret spot per map due to the size. I personally never thought further than that. We have never had map(s) with only one secret spot but obviously this is something we'll just have to learn from, and not do again.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:25 AM, DNI_Adrian said:

Im going to say this again... There isn't anything for PVE til after the 30th. Check what I said again. I also know how this box mess works and also that they are cosmetics. I am not a NOOB and I am not a kid. Please don't treat me as though I am here. I don't NEED an explanation of what boxes are or what they do or don't have in them. I am A Vet player, an adult not a noob or a kid. My point was that players come and play solely for the free stuff. Apparently you missed my point and went way off course there. Players used to pile onto this game bc it was cool. Everyone could get the ultra cool skins, and you didn't need to be a money player to do it. Then you guys made "some" skin boxes that cost GC. They weren't thrilled , some left time went on. Now here we are. As we sit you just tried to tell us that ALL skin boxes used to had to be bought in game with GC. I was here on a friends acct back when trade was still only in DX and the sniper wipe if that gives you a better clue . I have been around a minute or two.

Oh and you said  the players wont notice?? How about yes they will when they play for 3-4 hours and don't find a damn thing. Makes it pretty pointless to play when the whole point to making sure we even rented our server was so we didn't have to compete with others for boxes. SO if Im not getting boxes bc im competing for them with others for FREE why the HELL would I PAY SERVER RENTAL and have the same result?????  

SO your right. Nothing has changed. Nothing that us PVE players have discussed at length with you has or will. You guys keep catering to this crowd that keeps cramming PVP and BR down everyone's throats then wonder where all your long time players are going. ASK you PVP crowd where they went.

Okay so you consider the secret spots in every map, in every game mode NOT PVE? All the items you can find? All the zombies you can kill / get items from? This is all FULLY PVP in your eyes? What about the super rare blue scythe item that players can find? Double XP is also kind of PVE related, which for Survival started yesterday. What about the finding / returning fingers in for Halloween 2019 boxes? That not PVE related either?

I don't agree with your statement, sorry.

It's funny cause apparently as soon as we do a patch that includes one skin or two, or one new skinbox, we have world war three where pretty much anyone is complaining about the fact we added that stating the time we used to add that could've been going to 'more important' things. Now, when we do an event that includes a box / skinbox, some players can't find so many and claim they + their entire 20+ man clan is going to quite the game and not care anymore. Interesting statements to be honest.

BTW our goal has always been to monetize on non-pay-to-win aspects such as skins, yes players can / could get certain skins for free although majority of these cosmetics are our main source of income and therefor purchasable. "ultra cool skins" are often only available for GC, because once again it's pretty much our only source of income. Players that do not want / can not pay any money are never and have never been affected in any disadvantage way over players who do. You don't NEED to pay money unless you're telling me that a player NEEDS to buy skins, in order to play this game to it's full potential.

Well, you just proved my point. I announced that I doubled the box chance and yet you, which apparently loots these places 3-4 hours a day, haven't noticed a difference?

So you're saying it's completely pointless to play because the only thing you care about is this box, nothing else, and claim that, even though this box contains only cosmetics that literally give you or any other player 0 benefits or advantages, it's completely pointless to play?

I strongly disagree with your private server statement. Once again you compare things way too simplistic here. This event does not only take place on private servers, it takes place on ALL servers and private servers are just a part of that. Didn't you and more players had private servers rented before the event as well? There you / they paid for server rental as well without the event? It never says anywhere that when renting a private server by looting 3-4 hours a day you'll get back your GC paid in value of Halloween 2019 boxes? 

I strongly disagree with your last point as well. Like I explained in the beginning of my comment, there is a lot of PVE related points in this event. There is barely anything PVP related / BR related actually especially if you compare it in amounts next to the other stuff. A lot has changed, including in this event but also in last weekend event. I remember 2 weekend events ago there was indeed a big discussion around the fact that there was a PVE related feature or features missing and I totally acknowledged that then. You guys were right. I proceeded ahead and made improvements for the weekend event after. In that weekend event I even re-acknowledged the feedback from the weekend before and explained how I improved things. You can see as a result that that weekend event did indeed include even 2 PVE related features instead of 0. 

Unfortunately, after all the complaining in earlier weekend events, there is almost nobody giving feedback there or writing anything at all. Of course, I don't know what people are up to and I don't judge them for not commenting under one weekend event. Perhaps they didn't have time, what ever, but don't come afterwards then and without even considering that previous weekend event WITH the improvements, claim here that nothing has changed.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, Sven said:

That's strange. Is it a private server you join or an official one?

Official , all of them have most of the time 2-4 items or none in the whole area ( but i think thats bc of the low amount of event spots per map ,players just put a character there in each map and then they loot all the maps in all the regions)

Edited by alinush224