Jump to content
Sven

Weekend Event!

Recommended Posts

fl5BbOc.jpg

 

Dear Community,
 

Time for a brand new weekend event! This time I have gathered some feedback and you'll see that any GC related sale is no longer part of the 4 'weekend event features'. In-game discounts will still be, as you will see. Next to that I have made sure this time there is at least one PVE related event included as that really missed out last weekend event(s). As you will see there is actually 2 PVE related events in this weekend event so enjoy!

If any of you have any further feedback, please let us know in the comments. We can then use this to improve event(s) in the near future.

For those wondering about any the Halloween 2019 event: It's coming. Most likely starting somewhere next week. We are currently still wrapping up some of the content for the event so stay tuned!
 

For this weekend event we'll have it live the following period of time:

 

START: October 18, 2019 12:00 PM (CEST)

END: October 21, 2019 12:00 PM (CEST)

 

Now, let's jump into further details about this weekend's weekend event:

GWhDq1E.jpg

 

  1. Specialist Coins PVE Event
    This weekend only specialist coins will have a chance of spawning from normal and alien super zombies. (Normally specialist coins can only be obtained by finishing a specialist contract.) For those not knowing what you can do with specialist coins: collect them and trade them in the trading lounge (using a repeatable mission) for 10 specialist coins you'll get one specialist case. As of right now the only item you can get out of the specialist case is the XMR-32.
    Note: This event only applies for the Open World game-mode as there is no specialist coins in the Survival game-mode.
     
  2. Airdrop Event
    In both the Open World and the Survival game-mode there will be an airdrop event which means that rare items from airdrops will have a higher chance of spawning. We have also added the following 'tweaks' per game-mode:
    Survival: Airdrops have a chance of spawning any of the juggernaut armor types and / or it's crafting parts.
    Open World: Airdrops have a chance of spawning an epic and / or a legendary tactical weapon crate.
     
  3. No barricade PVP Event
    As the title says: we will enable the 'no barricade' feature on one of the Rocky Ford PVP servers (Open World) for every region. We'd like to see what players think of PVP-ing without all the shields and barricades. Any feedback about this? Any suggestions what we can do related to the PVP aspect of the weekend event? Let us know in the comments!
     
  4. 20% Discount on ALL GC skinboxes
    In the in-game marketplace all GC skinboxes will be discounted with a 20% discount! Note that this only applies to currently available skinboxes and only the ones that are purchasable for GC.
     
  • ROUTINE: Battle Royale Map Rotation
    As always, the main and only Battle Royale map will be changed. This time we are changing over from Arizona to Arena.
    Note: We change the map rotation in the Battle Royale game-mode every week due to the low(er) amount of players playing Battle Royale. If you have any suggestions, ideas or feedback please let us know at http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/5388-maps-battle-royale/
    WjjeSDS.jpg

     
  • SALE: 20% discount on the 15.000 GC Package! (Xsolla only)
    There will be a 20% discount on the 15.000 GC package through Xsolla only. This means you'll only be able to benefit from this sale by purchasing GC through our website at: https://playnewz.com/buygc.php
    a3weNLl.jpg
     
  • MARKETPLACE SALE: Dragon Skins + Dragon Skinbox Sale
    This time we are doing a big sale on the Dragon skins and we are doing a 20% discount on the Dragon Skinbox.
    Note: This sale is a weekly one so has already started before the weekend event and will not have the same start-end times as the weekend event.
    PrArbsi.jpg

 

Please let us know what you think of this weekend event so that we can use that feedback in the future for new weekend events! If you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to share that as well as we might be able to use your idea for upcoming weekend events!

 

If you experience any type of issue(s) with the game please contact us through social media or create a support ticket athttps://playnewz.com/support.php/

For any feedback about the game or this patch please let us know at http://playnewz.com/feedback

If you'd like to share suggestions and ideas you have for the game please let us know at: https://suggest.playnewz.com/

To stay updated regarding the patch and server downtime please follow us on our social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Infestation.NewZ/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/infestationnewz
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/thenewz

 

 

Have a nice weekend!

 

// Sven

 

// The New Z - Staff Team

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after killing over 50 Super Zombies, I found NO SPECIALTY COINS. I did, however find an increased chance of helmets. I averaged 2-3 helmets per Super. I can't imagine how many you really had to kill to gain even 1 coin. Sad.

Point #2) Once again you included a sale as one of the 4 main aspects of the event. Sad.

With everything that the players have tried to point out to you to improve these events, you revert back to old habits. I'm tired of trying to get a point across to the developers and programmers. It's a waste of time and effort on my part. So, I have decided to give up trying to help. It's pointless. Weekend events are supposed to be fun and enticing for all players. All you do is blow smoke and then go back to what's easiest for you. I will still play from time to time but not at the level I once did. Near as I can figure, you've all but given up trying to get and keep players. It's truly a shame. This still has the potential to be a really fun, interesting game. However, to get to that, more of an effort needs to be put into it by way of fixing ancient issues, and to stop pandering to only a certain group.

Good Luck. I'll be watching.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

Well, after killing over 50 Super Zombies, I found NO SPECIALTY COINS. I did, however find an increased chance of helmets. I averaged 2-3 helmets per Super. I can't imagine how many you really had to kill to gain even 1 coin. Sad.

Point #2) Once again you included a sale as one of the 4 main aspects of the event. Sad.

With everything that the players have tried to point out to you to improve these events, you revert back to old habits. I'm tired of trying to get a point across to the developers and programmers. It's a waste of time and effort on my part. So, I have decided to give up trying to help. It's pointless. Weekend events are supposed to be fun and enticing for all players. All you do is blow smoke and then go back to what's easiest for you. I will still play from time to time but not at the level I once did. Near as I can figure, you've all but given up trying to get and keep players. It's truly a shame. This still has the potential to be a really fun, interesting game. However, to get to that, more of an effort needs to be put into it by way of fixing ancient issues, and to stop pandering to only a certain group.

Good Luck. I'll be watching.

So, 

Just to simplify this, because you go from one point to another very fast, all I can do right now, just like I did in the past is note and process the feedback and use it for the next weekend event.

Regarding your points:

1. I have checked, and confirmed that players have indeed found the coins, although they were indeed maybe a bit on the too rare side. They were intended to be rare as this item is already very hard to get in the first place through the specialist contracts however it could indeed be a bit more common. Unfortunately loot is chance based and some people are more lucky than others.

2. Last weekend event I noted your feedback about this and I have indeed, as you can see, moved the GC discount part out of the 4 main features of the weekend event. Next to that I do understand your point of view; although I do like to keep potential item discounts as a part of the weekend event. I can see that you don't like this although maybe others would. This is more of something that's a personal preference I suppose. Again, this feedback is noted and perhaps I will try not to use any kind of discount on items as much or do it outside of the 4 weekend event points.

Now, when it comes to your last point I was hoping you would consider the change. This weekend event I have tried to use especially your feedback that resulted in two PVE events. It feels like even after doing that, even asking you personally for own favorites (which you never answered btw) you find pretty much anything to criticize this. Besides that I have had a lot more positive feedback about this weekend event than the one(s) before. Most of the points you make related to your "ancient issues" have 0 to do with the actual weekend event and I can not use any of that to evaluate this feedback for the weekend event and the improvement of future ones and that's really a shame.

If you want to quit doing something, be my guest.

If you don't want to do something, be my guest.

But the way you complain here is more because of the game or it's developers rather than the actual weekend event here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 5:50 AM, Sven said:

This time we are changing over from Arizona to Arena

I did not remember that the map had so many tragic limitations. They could reduce the red blocks and improve the climb in the mountains. Not quite a complaint about the event, but as the BR map only appears from time to time I could remember this problem now.

Another point is the old known to everyone, groups larger than 2 players playing together. A camera to track who killed you or even be able to rotate it after death like in OW would make it easier to record evidence.

The rest of the event can not opine why at the moment only play BR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sven said:

It feels like even after doing that, even asking you personally for own favorites (which you never answered btw) you find pretty much anything to criticize this.

Thats why always saying "SUGGEST" items for SZ's dropping or airdrops...Not only "i dont like helmets or i dont like armors"...With suggesting items is way i think  gives ideas to devs so they can change the loot! When i try to point this to you @CampersRUs you say "The devs know very well what im thinking" sorry but now i see they dont!!!

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheWraith said:

Thats why always saying "SUGGEST" items for SZ's dropping or airdrops...Not only "i dont like helmets or i dont like armors"...With suggesting items is way i think  gives ideas to devs so they can change the loot! When i try to point this to you @CampersRUs you say "The devs know very well what im thinking" sorry but now i see they dont!!!

Well, not using it as an excuse or anything but generally speaking when bringing feedback, especially around this case, it does indeed help to also come with suggestions and examples. This allows us to understand your point(s) better by a lot.

One thing that I do always keep in mind is that (and not using that as an excuse) it's hard to always keep exactly every player happy. We try to by for example aim to include something PVE related, PVP related, BR related, etc. but the individual points can still be liked by one player but disliked by the other. It really doesn't matter what exactly we do there will always be people that like something and that not like something. It's natural. Best thing we can do is process this and try to see how much people like a certain thing and dislike it, to then decide perhaps not to do that exact event feature again or not or change it. This way we can keep most players happy and satisfied but never exactly everyone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sven said:

Well, not using it as an excuse or anything but generally speaking when bringing feedback, especially around this case, it does indeed help to also come with suggestions and examples. This allows us to understand your point(s) better by a lot.

One thing that I do always keep in mind is that (and not using that as an excuse) it's hard to always keep exactly every player happy. We try to by for example aim to include something PVE related, PVP related, BR related, etc. but the individual points can still be liked by one player but disliked by the other. It really doesn't matter what exactly we do there will always be people that like something and that not like something. It's natural. Best thing we can do is process this and try to see how much people like a certain thing and dislike it, to then decide perhaps not to do that exact event feature again or not or change it. This way we can keep most players happy and satisfied but never exactly everyone.

I understand the events as tests to apply in all game/mode.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...