Steve

Future of Survival - We need your opinions!

First, thank you for realizing that Survival Mode neeeds to be made more interesing.

I am for a complete wipe & we will learn this time from the mistakes of the past.

What the players want is the old ISS Feelings, as well as in World of Warcraft - Blizzard brought the same game back after 15 years & got a real hype. We have to do the same thing with ISS/NewZ. 

NewZ has received so many patches that it just does not feel like an original ISS anymore (lighting , loot balance, shields, ingame money, movement).

It has often been said that it would be smart to put zhe survival mode under a other name than NewZ & I think that´s a very good idea, as there are many negative ones compared to the name "NewZ". I do not know if this is possible (Steamrelease)
We must make a fresh start & learn from the mistakes of the past as described above.

I have to tell you that a wipe alone will not be enough to get a bigger group of players excited. We need a real big Change & need to promote this new Game Mode better than the old one.

Go back to the Beginning <3 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 3

Agree with that. U have to do somethin' with survival but if u will wipe it most of the players will stop playing it completly. Only fresh players may want some wipe but they are like 5% of the game population. I know u want more players there but by wiping it u'll simply kill survival mode. They are some ppl who were playing it for really long time and they were collecting items for something. Wipe won't bring back old players. Oh.. maybe only some crying bambi that will play for a week and leave the game. 

Edited by Przemys66
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

I personally stopped playing survival as it does not much differ from GlobalWorld mode. With this fact in mind, the following is worth mentioning: 

1. Too much primary loot around in general (weapons, ammo, attachments, armor). This should be removed, and rarely spawn at a few spots only. The original WarZ balanced that to military spots such as bases, mil. cars, random crashed helicopters, police depts.

2. Sniper rifles and good AR be extremely rare. 

3. Crafting ingredients loot be much more common,  and crafting be less demanding to quantity of the loot. 

I would personally like an idea of farming ingredients and easy crafting armors, ammo and attachments. Don'make me look for the same loot all day long to craft one armor. It is not worth efforts at all, using it with all those random deaths from groups of macro users or illness.

4. Make simple ARs with less damage, less rate of fire, more sway and recoil,  than in OpenWorld  Promote use of melee in pvp.  

5. No grouping. No clan tags.

6. Wipe, yes.  'Rust' has regular wipes, 'DayZ' has no GI at all. You also have to think about constructions wipe, to avoid building spam like in 'Miscreated'. That's okay to make this kind of difference between OpenWorld and Survival.

Probably partial wipe would be okay. I would suggest partial wipe every quarter, seasonal wipe.

This will most probably make you promote Survival here and there, post videos, stressing pros and pressing cons if the wipe.

7. Make days different one from another. Someday cloudy, someday shiny, the other day with random thunders and flashes, etc.

Thx for supporting this game, guys.

Edited by KinkyWarren
  • Sad 2

If the reachest guy in Survival has got 150 snipers only, i would suggest saving the whole bunch of snipers for everyone (rare snipers used to be the main value in WarZ), wiping ARs etc., and making long and midrange rifles as rare as posible. It's a Survival game, guys! Every rifle found must be a celebration and a challenge to get with it to the safezone.

Edited by KinkyWarren
  • Thanks 2

Nostalgia is the key, could you just bring in the old Caliwood? With the airport clean without trees and the rare drop. 

What we miss is a function for the helmet, when you shot yourself in the head and he fell and in case it was night it was all too dark.

We miss the rarity of weapons, and when I used a lot it could break, we miss having to take the loot to the safe without dislogging.

The thrill of not losing, it was bigger than the thrill of killing. That was the real essence of the game.

The division in modes was what drove away the players, I would like the PVP in Woest Oaks, Warmap in Cliffside, where we had fewer snipers (Blazer, AWM, SVD) only..

Who had Sigsauer was God, and DX and Medkit was very rare.... In short, when it's harder to stay alive... More interesting was....

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Kjer said:

Therefore, I am ALL FOR a global "SCALE-DOWN" of loot, - That would be FAIR to everybody, and given the bad history of wipes,  it seems as the most sensible thing to do, rather than literally stealing everything people have been working for.

This alone would not be enough to get people in Survival, thats the problem.

We need a new REAL Survival Mode with Shields, Gamedollar & the loottable from Infestation Survivor Strories. You postet very good things on your Topic, you dont think that a new Gamemode with this idea´s have more chance to get players than a small wipe in Survival?

I know the problem that people not liking to start everytime from the beginning, but the devs could reduce the XP for Hardened and give the old players a weapons package or rare items for their old account.

Infestation Thailand has shown 3 times that people start this game from beginning and they have always failed because of dupers or because of the cheaters, this things are no problem for the NewZ Dev´s, 

You guys can make it happen that the game gets over 5k players again, the only thing you have to do is you have to dare.

• Cool 1

Okay i just make account on this site to tell you that wipe is worst thing u can do to survival mode...you will kill this mode. Let me explain. Im a big fan of old WarZ and ISS and to be honest i dont like open world (too much loot) and i play only survival mode from sentiment. I play this game around 700hours and if you will do the wipe im sure i will stop play this game because this will be a waste of my time. And i think not only me. When they deleted ISS i lost all my stuff and it take me years to come back to this game. If you will do wipe you make people who play it for years will be equal to players who just download this game. Its not fair because you take what people have worked for thousands of hours for. Thats it about wipe. Lets talk about currency. In my opinion its awesome idea because players on survival want to buy some skins as well. Maybe thats the reason why ppl enjoy open world more because they can farm some currency and have a skins totaly for free. I suggest you increase the rarity of snipers and other amazing stuff and increase the number of common crafting stuff to make survival more survival. Maybe finish your oregon map? That would be a good stuff. We all started with nothing so new players should also go through this. I always help 'bambi" and throw them some stuff to make they life easier and i think other veterans too. It's all from me. Thank you for attention :)

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, Freddy D said:

This alone would not be enough to get people in Survival, thats the problem.

What exactly are you basing that thought on, that "this alone will not be enough" ??... Well, compared to "wipe", it's method that haven't been tried before, and doesn't have any negative history behind it, - So there's that.

Edited by Kjer

5 minutes ago, Kjer said:

What exactly are you basing that thought on, that "this alone will not be enough" ??... Well, compared to "wipe", it's method that haven't been tried before, and doesn't have any negative history behind it, - So there's that.

I understand, but i want to say that just a wipe or just a scale down of loot is not enough for bring back more people.

Edited by Freddy D

I think a new map is in order to seperate open world  and survival, so a unique map to survival with space for the new building system and a way to create new loot spawns/ zones with events. having an underground system would be epic for fast travel using trains and creating more enemies that are actual threats  would be nice. 

• Love 1

Wipe is nothing without core changes to ballistics, rarity and positioning of items, and easening the crafting system.  Cmon, I bet nobody crafts anything in the current survival. The current survival is just a lite version of OpenWorld.

Edited by KinkyWarren
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Freddy D said:

I understand, but i want to say that just a wipe or just a scale down of loot is not enough for bring back more people.

Oh yeah, you right about that. I want market and survival currency back as well, but not exact same caliber as it used to be back in the day. "IMO" it shouldn't be easier to buy stuff than to loot stuff. And if you take a good look at Infestation Revival/Thailand, - Loot there is not rare, not at all, only snipers. DX's shields, all these things, people have FOREVER supply of these things, because it's so easy to farm GD. Buying stuff should be an "luxury option".

3 hours ago, k0er said:

The problem isnt that old players have a lot of weapons, because beginners can collect weapons on PVE servers. It will not help them. This is a  clan wars mode, not a survival mode, which is why it is difficult for new players(loners) to resist anyone there.

Exactly! Switch off the grouping and clantags! 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, KinkyWarren said:

Exactly! Switch off the grouping and clantags! 

Lol what is wrong with u dude xD most of the players are playin' with friends and u wanna kill it? I know that ur intentions aren't bad but... man xD if u will wipe servers and switch off grouping u will only destroy this game even more xd

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Primeiramente muito obrigado por voltar a olhar para o modo de sobrevivência.

Sou um favor, limpe.

mais teríamos que ter mudado para valer a pena faze-lo.

1 - Jogadores antigos que são recompensados pelo tempo de jogo e dedicação, como menos tempo para reviver, mais slots, itens personalizados, um valor da nova moeda, somente assim ou o wipe pode ter sentido e não prejudicar quem faz o tempo que joga desse modo.  

2- refazer o mapa v1 e não usar mais mapas como caliwood ou oregon e v2.

3-arrumar horário dia, da noite, e tornar a visão noturna raro, obrigando os jogadores a usar lanternas e rifles lanterna.

4-ajustar saque, tornar mais difícil e itens de artesanato mais fáceis.

A queda de 5 ar torna-se mais importante e sinaliza-lo (gotas de armas raras, ou o mesmo kit pvp ou pvp) poderia ser algo do tipo desconectado ou perdido e perdido nos itens.

6-uma nova moeda no jogo, e um sistema onde seu dinheiro caiu no chão, para salvar um armário, um banco (nos postos de trabalho tem uma maquina, ativa-la) ou zona segura.

7-remover informações do mapa, soltar e soltar quem pode saber onde está, colocar informações nas placas nas entradas de cada cidade.

8-removedor de notas e grupos de grupos, deixar apenas solo ou duplas (e jogar em duplas jogar sem identificação e não permitir o uso de skin de clãs no modo de sobrevivência) (skin de clãs ajudantes a jogadores de vezes grandes e jogar juntos em grupos).

9-implantar um sistema de cofre novo, onde você pode entrar e ocultar e outros jogadores ou ativar o modo de destruição destruído e se os itens forem codificados.

10 - criar novo mapa ou melhorar o mapa v1 e refazer locais das zonas de segurança.

11-diminuir o número de servidores (obrigatório assim que os jogadores jogam juntos e diminuem conforme a demanda)

O sniper de 12 gotas poderia ser mais fácil, ou o que dificulta seria a munição, o que pode ser criado para criar munição.

O 13-removedor SZ, não faz sentido em nenhum jogo, se não houver munições para mata, tornar zumbis normais mais agressivos, deixar subir em veículos.

14-removedor de veículos.

15-facilitar itens para criação de caixas de armários e não permitir o uso delas dentro das cidades.

16-retirar motim e barricadas.

17-colocar estruturas para criação de bases, claro se criar um novo mapa maior, pois não há espaço na v1.

18-espaço limitado no inventário, exemplo 50 cada tipo de rifles de assalto, 50 smg e por ai vai, fazendo com que os jogadores sempre tenham que lootiar 

19-recompensar os criadores de conteúdo que jogam modo de sobrevivência (para que possam divulgar o jogo, trazer novos e antigos jogadores de volta) 

20 contas premium, premium para sempre (pode ser colocado de modo que quem pode ter seu tempo de proteção aumentado, reviver menos tempo ou nenhum tempo, mapa de jogo, mais dinheiro de zumbi, criar mais rápido, usar servidor premium PvE onde era mais fácil jogar e salvar seus itens na zona segura.

21- refazer a habilidade, colocar novas habilidades, incentivar matar zumbis.

22-criar servidor modo solo ou duplo e outro para jogadores de grupos ou grupos grandes.

O que outras pessoas estão dizendo

Firstly thank you very much for looking back at survival mode.

I'm a favor, clean up.

but we would have to have changed to be worth doing.

1 - Old players who are rewarded for playing time and dedication, such as less time to revive, more slots, custom items, a new coin value, only this way or the wipe can make sense and not hurt whoever does the time. play it that way.

2- redo map v1 and no longer use maps like caliwood or oregon and v2.

Tidy up time day, night, and make night vision rare, forcing players to use flashlights and flashlight rifles.

4- Adjust serve, make it harder and craft items easier.

The 5 air drop becomes more important and signaling it (rare weapon drops, or the same pvp or pvp kit) could be something like the disconnected or lost and lost items.

6-a new coin in the game, and a system where your money fell to the floor, to save a locker, a bank (in the workplace has a machine, activate it) or safe zone.

7-remove map information, drop and drop who can know where you are, put information on signs at the entrances of each city.

8-note remover and group groups, leave only solo or doubles (and play doubles play without identification and do not allow the use of clan skin in survival mode) (clan skin helping big times players and play together in groups).

9-Deploy a new vault system where you can enter and hide and other players or activate destroyed destruction mode and if items are coded.

10 - create new map or improve map v1 and redo safety zone locations.

Decrease the number of servers (required as players play together and decrease as required)

The 12-drop sniper could be easier, or the hardest would be ammo, which can be created to create ammo.

The 13-remover SZ makes no sense in any game, if there is no ammunition to kill, make normal zombies more aggressive, let in vehicles.

14-vehicle remover.

15-facilitate items for creating cabinet boxes and not allow their use within cities.

16-Remove riot and barricades.

17-Put structures for creating bases, of course if you create a new larger map, because there is no space in v1.

18-space limited inventory, example 50 each type of assault rifles, 50 smg and so on, so players always have to loot

19-reward content creators who play survival mode (so they can get the game out, bring new and old players back)

20 premium accounts, premium forever (can be placed so who can have their protection time increased, relive less or no time, game map, more zombie money, create faster, use premium PvE server where it was most Easy to play and save your items in the safe zone.

21- redo the skill, put new skills, encourage kill zombies.

22-create solo or dual mode server and another for group players or large groups.

Edited by colorado
mudança
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

May I remind you guys, that the topic on this post, is not about bringing "new suggestion", but what our thoughts are on the specifically mentioned 4 things:

4 hours ago, Steve said:

What do you guys think about:

1. Reworking the maps and loot and only bring the original maps back (Colorado V2 and Caliwood).
  2. Doing a full wipe? Meaning that we'll wipe all the items from the Global Inventories.
  3. Partial wipe? Which means we only remove a part of the weapons. For example if you have 1000 Night stalker, we change the stack to 50.
  4. Adding a currency and stem cells.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Przemys66 said:

most of the players are playin' with friends and u wanna kill it?

if u wipe servers and switch off grouping u will only destroy this game even more 

These are just two things i suggest and support, see a few more core reasons above.  Grouping is why i don't play survival, and my friends rarely do too - the well armed and organized groups. It is clear they won't be happy to loose their group-wallhack tags. This is not a dramatic change at all. It would take a bit more effort to communicate as a team. Let alone their macros on shooting and moving.  So this is my suggestion.

I could also suggest you tell fairy tales about random friends enjoing thrills of zomby apocalyps together, to someone else, not me.

Edited by KinkyWarren
  • Love 1

Here we go, 

Well, these are the things, i suggest to rework :

Wipe snipers without any exceptions and make them REALLY rare ( like Alpha)

Rework craft system (for example : crafting a stanag 30 is bullshit and crafting lockers is a good idea)

Rework the red stalker as it was before and make it rare to get like the night stalker for example.

Add more wood shields or riot shields, in 1vs6 what are u supposed to do ?

Bandages, antibiotics, pain killers have to be easy to find in medic spots and the rest more rare.

Colorado v2 + Caliwood is enough about the maps

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Overback said:

in 1vs6 what are u supposed to do?

Just say hello to them! They are only friends enjoying their grouping and clan tags, c'mon! They might just wanna help you and throw you some stuff to make your life easier, and other veterans will do so too. 

Just kidding.

1 minute ago, KinkyWarren said:

Just say hello to them! They are only friends enjoying their grouping and clan tags, c'mon! They might just wanna help you and throw you some stuff to make your life easier, and other veterans will do so too. 

Just kidding.

Well, if u are 1v6 and won't start shooting first then u really can get items. I was doing things like this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Comeback WarZ Alpha 2012 or ISS 2014 is a very rare SNP, and a good assault is the atmosphere that was before. Return to the basics and get happiness. Take away all these skins, fashion hats and stuff, when I played WarZ in 2012, I didn’t even know that the G36 existed because it was very difficult to find.

Just view.....

Edited by MLG KRAKEN
  • Thanks 1