dark

Exploring Gear/Weapon balancing

Hey I have been sitting on this idea for a few years, I've discussed it once and it received little recognition.  

I think PvP and PvE can be better suited for new players, and more interesting for veteran players as well.  Most PvP players use the standard Custom Guerilla and K style, which is fine but most new players can't afford to spawn in every run with both pieces.  So, my idea is that there could be small bonuses on weaker gear pieces, like light gear/iba, skull masks, berets, gas masks, boonies hats, etc.  An example of a gear bonus would be something like +8% MP5 damage when paired with a light gear.  Small things like this can help make PvP more approachable for new players, and diversify weapons currently used in PvP.  I personally would love to see something along the lines of this being added to NewZ, the game would be more interesting, while making weaker weapons more viable in a PvP situation.  In PvE, the same concept can be applied, a Fireman Helmet paired with a PKM increases damage done to zombies by 10%. I hope some of my ideas are taken into consideration.

Thank you, dark/dark on macro/Mya

(I apologize for putting this in battle royale, this should be in open world but you get the idea)

Edited by dark

Hmm that could actually be something for Open World. I will put this on our TBD idea list. Thanks!

Elias

11 hours ago, dark said:

Hey I have been sitting on this idea for a few years, I've discussed it once and it received little recognition.  

I think PvP and PvE can be better suited for new players, and more interesting for veteran players as well.  Most PvP players use the standard Custom Guerilla and K style, which is fine but most new players can't afford to spawn in every run with both pieces.  So, my idea is that there could be small bonuses on weaker gear pieces, like light gear/iba, skull masks, berets, gas masks, boonies hats, etc.  An example of a gear bonus would be something like +8% MP5 damage when paired with a light gear.  Small things like this can help make PvP more approachable for new players, and diversify weapons currently used in PvP.  I personally would love to see something along the lines of this being added to NewZ, the game would be more interesting, while making weaker weapons more viable in a PvP situation.  In PvE, the same concept can be applied, a Fireman Helmet paired with a PKM increases damage done to zombies by 10%. I hope some of my ideas are taken into consideration.

Open world is Sniper, bug riot, heavy, DX.

12 hours ago, dark said:

(I apologize for putting this in battle royale, this should be in open world but you get the idea)

I would say this has also particial reasons coming from our side where we added most skins for those items like custom guerilla and k. style helmet. 

This directly reflects on a big challenge I am facing related to this; some skins actually change the entire mesh and a k. style helmet would turn into a witch hat without any traces of the original k. style left. If someone else would kill that player, k. style would drop on the ground and it's confusing as hell. This is also why most helmets added now are individual items.

At that point we come back to your original point; no one is using anything worse than a k. style helmet as example, so all these nice hats and armors are not used anyways.

I see a little buff not necessary as a solution but I do agree that we should consider doing it.

Skins should ALWAYS have some kind of original aspects of the original item in them, so that it's recognizable that that player is using a skin.

Further on I'd still like to "fix" this whole situation at some point where we could maybe add "cosmetic" slots instead leaving the original items, but again, a very complicated situation there.

That is a pretty good idea ngl. But obv dont make it completely broken lol

On 7/10/2019 at 3:46 AM, dark said: