Sign in to follow this  
BARBOZ4

Rotation Map in BR

Hello friends, I am Barboz4 and through this post I came to suggest the rotation of maps in Battle Royale.  The first week will be Arena / Tropic.  In the second Tropic / Arizona.  In the third Arizona / Arena and so on.  This measure will please everyone and will take the game out of sameness as there will be changes.  Thank you very much.

Edit: The most acceptable idea that could be realized is to leave only one map, as I explained in the post, change it in the weekend update, the battle would start with more people on a map and the fun would be bigger, and the award too.

Edited by BARBOZ4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

In my opinion, it  should be a one map (the other is always empty) and the exchange should be shorter. 
SA server OFF
EUA servers with 200ms ping cut
USA with 250Ms ping cut

19 hours ago, BARBOZ4 said:

Hello friends, I am Barboz4 and through this post I came to suggest the rotation of maps in Battle Royale.  The first week will be Arena / Tropic.  In the second Tropic / Arizona.  In the third Arizona / Arena and so on.  This measure will please everyone and will take the game out of sameness as there will be changes.  Thank you very much.

Wasn't that the idea which I posted in discord? :D

Yeah, we can work on an active rotation.

17 hours ago, JKS said:

In my opinion, it  should be a one map (the other is always empty) and the exchange should be shorter. 
SA server OFF
EUA servers with 200ms ping cut
USA with 250Ms ping cut

I mean you have a point there. SA BR is not getting used since SA are not really into BR or play also on EU. There are actually both maps in use, most of the time 2 running games per map.

I think the main goal should be to make BR more attractive to the player instead of shrinking the amount of server.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Wasn't that the idea which I posted in discord? :D

Yeah, we can work on an active rotation.

I mean you have a point there. SA BR is not getting used since SA are not really into BR or play also on EU. There are actually both maps in use, most of the time 2 running games per map.

I think the main goal should be to make BR more attractive to the player instead of shrinking the amount of server.

It's a vicious circle: it demotivates players to join, if the lobby's aren't filling up fast enough etc. Shrinking the amount of servers should get the pop a bit higher, lobby's fill up faster, more players in less servers instead of them divided over every server and more players will most likely start sticking around because lobby's fill up faster, and more people to play against.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Sven said:

It's a vicious circle: it demotivates players to join, if the lobby's aren't filling up fast enough etc. Shrinking the amount of servers should get the pop a bit higher, lobby's fill up faster, more players in less servers instead of them divided over every server and more players will most likely start sticking around because lobby's fill up faster, and more people to play against.

That's the idea.
SA players join only in europe severs because is the only who starts.

If you put a ping limit to make this players go to NA servers we have less servers and more players in low ping region.

Less maps make the same result.

And SA servers will nevers start, trust me, NEVER. 

16 hours ago, Sven said:

Is there really a need to divide the BR pop at all? Seems like it would make more sense to have BR start from 1 basic location/ region and everyone play from there. If they did, you could have it said to open more servers as needed ( Not run 5 servers when the pop is only enough for say 3 whatever on a slow day).  Overall the total server number could be cut, lobby fills faster, games start sooner, and players don't get stuck where there is 14-16 people in lobby waiting to play. I tried BR, that was my biggest issue with playing it more. May have liked it otherwise.. 

I think changing the reward boxes out faster could help also. It seems as the same box become to common fewer play. When new boxes come out there is a scramble to get them,. Just a thought.  

7 hours ago, JKS said:

SA players join only in europe severs because is the only who starts.

If you put a ping limit to make this players go to NA servers we have less servers and more players in low ping region.

Less maps make the same result.

And SA servers will nevers start, trust me, NEVER. 

I like the idea but in general the biggest issue is getting players to stay until it starts. Pushing harder ping limits ( or reducing higher ping servers ) just further limits who can play and could cut down the amount of players further yet.  It sounds good on the surface, but when it knocks players out due to conditions they cant always control is it something that really makes sense to do? I have had my ping go stupid because of storms. Doesn't make me a bad player it means the connection between me and the server and back has issues. Players cant always control that, Why penalize them further. Have you ever tried playing with a high ping?? It is not fun, at all. It sucks really.

I don't necessarily like the idea of less maps, but reducing the over all number of servers could make this situation better.   If I read your comments wrong I apologize in advance. 

• Thinking 1

I support the idea of removing the HK, NA, and SA servers.  As much as I do not enjoy playing in the European server, he is the official Battle Royale server.  Sometimes I go into other regions to see if there are any people, and there are always some people playing in the lobby, but if there was only the European server, there would be more Battle players, and not everyone knows that only the European starts matches.  Regions only separate players, so make the European server the only Battle Royale. Returning to the subject, the map rotation could be added in the weekend update, Friday.

Edited by BARBOZ4
  • Thanks 1