Sven

Devblog - Icon Rework v2

Dear Community,

It's been a while since last dev blog and I have seen some questions around this so i'd like to publish a dev blog about the icon rework topic and explain why this is happening and how. Now, I do not plan on writing a huge pile of text with millions of explanations. This time I'd like to keep it simple and short.

As you might have noticed in recent patches / posts is that some icons for some items are being reworked. In this dev blog I will explain why that's being done, how it's prioritized and i'll keep this up to date with the latest reworks so you guys can see how the new icons are going to look like!

Why are the items being reworked?

Simply because some / if not most current ones look like garbage. Especially around the skins but also a lot of default icons. The look is not the only reason. In the past year I have improved a lot around 3d models, textures and rendering and I just know we can deliver a lot better looking icons at this moment than we could a year ago. Next to all of this icon files (behind the scenes) are a big mess, some are unoptimized and there is a lot unneeded ones. Also with the mind set to keep improving the game and the overall quality of the game the icons play a huge role in that goal.

How do you prioritize this? Isn't there more important things to work on?

Yes, there is. There always is. You can see this as a little side project. From time to time we'll just rework some icons of item sets and over time more and more icons will be reworked and patched in the game. No this is not being prioritized. If I have an extra 5 minutes somewhere I'd like to do this in between. The prioritization of the icons itself is a bit as following: I just look at what icons are complained most about and rework these first. I basically go from there. The ones that need a rework the most are prioritized.

Below you'll find a feed of the current rework progress:

(Look in the comments for progress, ill post updates there ;))

If you have comments, feedback or suggestions please let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading and hope you guys like the results!

Best regards,

// Sven

• Thanks 3

What? No rework for the Banana, the Valentine, and the Magic Wand?

😂🤣😂🤣😜

Just Kidding @Sven. I think those that have been updated look great. Yes, I agree. It's good to get away from the bigger issues once in a while. I know you work hard and do the best you can.

Much respect to you.

Thanks and Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

(Now, about that Khopesh… lol)

9 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

What? No rework for the Banana, the Valentine, and the Magic Wand?

😂🤣😂🤣😜

Just Kidding @Sven. I think those that have been updated look great. Yes, I agree. It's good to get away from the bigger issues once in a while. I know you work hard and do the best you can.

Much respect to you.

Thanks and Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

(Now, about that Khopesh… lol)

Thanks! <3 Have a nice weekend

OMG Sven!!! The reworks look amazing!!! Thanks for all you, even the small thing like 5 mins to just do a little work. I think I will go play now just to see the reworks up close and personal. Thanks again!!!!

@Sven Ive been loving the majority of the reworks ( Im glad youre talking time to get to item optimization  a little at a time too!!! This has been needed for such a long time, and we realize it would be overwhelming for anyone to try to do all the items at once 😎)  Have a Great weekend!!

15 hours ago, JKS said:

This make my BP open more fast or is my mind?

Thank you for your dedication.

Not necessarily as that has most to do with the amount of items in your backpack or inventory.

1 hour ago, CampersRUs said:

Looking really good @Sven. Keep up the good work

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

Ill upload some before and after pics of the shields soon when I have some time ;)

Awesome job SVEN!! Looks amazing! Please continue the great work that you do! We sincerely appreciate all that you do, especially with doing some of this stuff in your own time. <3

• Thanks 1