Steve

Surivival Servers and Maps [Poll]

Survival Servers and Maps   

90 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many servers you think does Survival need each region?

2. 2. Which maps should be in Survival officials?

• Colorado V1
    • Colorado
    • Oregon
    • Caliwood (WiP)
    • Cliffside (PVP)

On 7/2/2019 at 7:14 AM, Katryna247 said:

@Sven, @Fred, @3lias

Not sure where this goes but I am posting it here because it does involve Survival and WHY people do NOT want to play it. I have been playing Survival for a few days, trying, TRYING HARD to give it a chance. Now after this last event that occurred I will NEVER play this node again!!!! I and a few in game friends grouped, we ALL had civilian, constable, or even better yet LAWMAN ranks. One player in our group the Constable needed some help and myself and another player went to aid them IN the safe zone. We gladly shared our VERY HARD GOTTEN gains with them. As soon as we rolled our (as a group) just as we got out of the safe zone we were fired upon immediately and killed by the so called Constable! This sort of behavior is what is driving players away from your precious Survival game mode as well as PVP! I NEVER again will group with anyone but my wife, and one VERY special person (not naming names but you know who you are) I do NOT care what reputation you have, unless I know you personally, group will NOT happen!! Can you see now now I ONLY will play PVE? It's pretty darn clear....(most but not all) PVP players are @sses. No matter what perks PVP or Survival have or get I will NEVER play in any mode that has ANYTHING REMOTELY resembling PVP!!!!!! This sort of behavior NEEDS to be curbed if you want players to even try Survival mode. I tried it like a fool, but fool me once shame on you, because there will NOT be a second chance unless by a miracle of fate there opens up a PVE Survival board. I now you think that there could be no way but I might have a solution. You could keep ALL the aspects of survival, just minus the PVP. You die and loose ALL your stuff just like now. Loot is rare and hard to find, just like now. The revive timer even stays the same, just like now. Zombies are everywhere and hard to kill without loot, just like now. All that would change is to make the server PVE. Everything else would remain.

And now onto my second complaint about Survival. I know this has been discussed and even voted on, but I still have a complaint/solution that I don't think was discussed. When you die in Survival and have to wait 7min to revive, players get tired of waiting and move on to other things and often times never go back to playing as they are now engaged in other games or activities. My suggestion would be a 2-3min revive time with the player loosing all loot, just like now. The only issue I can see if this were to occur is that other players after looting the dead player would wait and camp, only to kill them again. This wait time was a concern of mine when I gave Survival a try.

About your first part. The game mode called Survival where you have to survive against zombies and players. The fact that you got killed by a guy where you thought he is a friend was your mistake, never trust a player in-game. Anyways that was not the fault of the game mode, it's a part of Survival.

Second part focuses on the fact, that you have 5 characters and 7 minutes revive without premium. This is mainly because you have to becairful and think before you die. Loot will despawns after 10 minutes, so there is still a chance to get it back, depends how you died. In case you died by a player, then he will have a chance to get your loot, which he deserves.

Anyways thanks for your feedback!

10 hours ago, Steve said:

About your first part. The game mode called Survival where you have to survive against zombies and players. The fact that you got killed by a guy where you thought he is a friend was your mistake, never trust a player in-game. Anyways that was not the fault of the game mode, it's a part of Survival.

Second part focuses on the fact, that you have 5 characters and 7 minutes revive without premium. This is mainly because you have to becairful and think before you die. Loot will despawns after 10 minutes, so there is still a chance to get it back, depends how you died. In case you died by a player, then he will have a chance to get your loot, which he deserves.

First of all, this comment was specifically addressed to @Fred, @Sven, and @3lias. Why are you answering for them? They are very capable of speaking for themselves. LET THEM. I find it funny that you respond to someone else's questions and ignore a bunch of the ones that are directed to you personally. Besides, what took you 15 days to come up with these lame answers?

Second, @Katryna247 is right. The fact that you have to wait 7 minutes to re-spawn unless you buy a premium subscription is helping to kill Survival. If you die, yes, you should lose your loot. However, the one that killed you is gaining an unfair advantage by using the fact that spawns are static and they can depend on gathering the loot of the player they just killed. Add to that those that have mapped out the spawns so they can sit in wait for anyone to spawn so they can kill them right after the spawn protection disappears and gather their loot. Too much emphasis is placed on reputation. It's all they care about. That aspect detracts from the enjoyment of the game as a whole. Instead of making excuses for those that take advantage of the fact that the spawns are always the same spots over and over and over make the spawns RANDOM. Any loot that is dropped should de-spawn within seconds instead of minutes. that way nobody can gain an unfair advantage with the extra loot. The first time I tried Survival, I got killed. After that, I never had a chance to play due to the fact that people sat on the spawns and had a clear line of sight to kill anyone that popped up in front of them.

Third, not everyone utilizes all 5 character slots. A lot of the ones that do use that fact to be able to spawn right behind where their other character was so they can not only recover their own loot, but be able to set up in the very same spot time and time again. When I did play, I only used 1 character. Using the others as backup is a form of cheating.

One other problem with both Survival and Open World PVP is all the hopping. Instead of having the ability to bunny hop all over the map, you could do a couple of things to combat this in PVP. 1) Make any jump use up at least 1/2 of the stamina. This will only allow 2 jumps max with a full stamina bar. OR 2) Disable jumping all together. Are we playing Infestation: New Z or Halo? If you want to gain high ground, make it so the player has to climb instead of jump. As a disclaimer, jumping in PVE has no effect on the outcome of any interaction between player due to the fact that you cannot kill another player in PVE and therefore can remain in the PVE servers.

A thought just occurred to me. To further combat those that have multiple characters in Survival you could do this. Limit every player to only 1 playable character and have everyone suffer the same wait time. This will even the field even more for ALL players.

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Steve said:

I THINK.... what she was getting at is trying to explain why more people aren't playing survival especially those that are PVE only players crossing over to TRY it.  I convinced her come  try it with me.  She and I BOTH had premium and until we see changes we have been promised it remains off the table. We know how Survival WORKS, and understand that. ( We aren't kids who need to hear this is how its played...) Again, you failed to see the feedback for what it is... why are new people NOT playing survival after trying it, Why does it FAIL to bring in more players. Instead of looking at what she said and taking a moment to realize ( she is not alone in her opinion or issues here) Maybe a few changes would make Survival PALETABLE  to more players . Also 7 min... where are they shooting from the other side of the map to NEED 7 min??? Really??? Again, your reply makes no sense in some of the stated issues. 

To the PLAYERS of survival: Killing you OWN GROUP MEMBERS is KILLING THE GAME for new players. They DONT COME BACK. THANKS!!! Survival game or not, many that try to cross over are NOT PVP players and DO NOT want to PVP. ( I know, shocking right! ) That's the core of WHY they are PVE only players and you wont change that by killing them off to "show them how fun it is..." 

Finally, @Katryna247 Not every player you encounter is such an A$$HOLE. Giving up lets them win... Something I will be damned if I will let them do!  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

First of all, this comment was specifically addressed to @Fred, @Sven, and @3lias. Why are you answering for them? They are very capable of speaking for themselves. LET THEM. I find it funny that you respond to someone else's questions and ignore a bunch of the ones that are directed to you personally. Besides, what took you 15 days to come up with these lame answers?

Second, @Katryna247 is right. The fact that you have to wait 7 minutes to re-spawn unless you buy a premium subscription is helping to kill Survival. If you die, yes, you should lose your loot. However, the one that killed you is gaining an unfair advantage by using the fact that spawns are static and they can depend on gathering the loot of the player they just killed. Add to that those that have mapped out the spawns so they can sit in wait for anyone to spawn so they can kill them right after the spawn protection disappears and gather their loot. Too much emphasis is placed on reputation. It's all they care about. That aspect detracts from the enjoyment of the game as a whole. Instead of making excuses for those that take advantage of the fact that the spawns are always the same spots over and over and over make the spawns RANDOM. Any loot that is dropped should de-spawn within seconds instead of minutes. that way nobody can gain an unfair advantage with the extra loot. The first time I tried Survival, I got killed. After that, I never had a chance to play due to the fact that people sat on the spawns and had a clear line of sight to kill anyone that popped up in front of them.

Third, not everyone utilizes all 5 character slots. A lot of the ones that do use that fact to be able to spawn right behind where their other character was so they can not only recover their own loot, but be able to set up in the very same spot time and time again. When I did play, I only used 1 character. Using the others as backup is a form of cheating.

One other problem with both Survival and Open World PVP is all the hopping. Instead of having the ability to bunny hop all over the map, you could do a couple of things to combat this in PVP. 1) Make any jump use up at least 1/2 of the stamina. This will only allow 2 jumps max with a full stamina bar. OR 2) Disable jumping all together. Are we playing Infestation: New Z or Halo? If you want to gain high ground, make it so the player has to climb instead of jump. As a disclaimer, jumping in PVE has no effect on the outcome of any interaction between player due to the fact that you cannot kill another player in PVE and therefore can remain in the PVE servers.

A thought just occurred to me. To further combat those that have multiple characters in Survival you could do this. Limit every player to only 1 playable character and have everyone suffer the same wait time. This will even the field even more for ALL players.

Thank you @CampersRUs ! I too wondered why he answered for them. Many of the other issues she brought up   I have addressed much of this before in my previous posts. I don't understand how this " bunny hopping" doesnt use stamina but all other movements involving the legs does. I would LOVE to see vid of @Steve or any of the devs ACTUALLY TRYING to do this movement in REAL LIFE and then come tell us all about how it DOESNT REALLY use WAYYYY more energy to do than running ALONE! But hey, if he wants to put the "realism" of a "survival" game into this convo… them MAYBE HE SHOULD PHYSICALLY show us how its done! He wont. Nor will they. Climbing instead of jumping makes wayyyy toooo much sense and that would handicap their top cheats I mean players who don't know how to play without it and macros so they can quick DX or riot to keep from dying. This game has a lot of "HAVE to" cheat to play issues including having to have 5 characters to play instead of just one.  Also, notice how quick he was to try to PUSH PREMIUM?? Wow, and they wonder why I REFUSE to buy it again. P2W or P2P is NOT the game I signed up to play...and every day it goes farther and farther from the game I fell in love with. Just a matter of time till I get sick of it and just go play something else. 

6 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Thanks for the reply Steve, BUT......I was just wondering that myself! Thank you Campers🥰

16 hours ago, Steve said:

The fact that you got killed by a guy where you thought he is a friend was your mistake, never trust a player in-game.

By your explanation of this again I can see WHY PVE players who are venturing out to try Survival are leaving. If you read what you wrote, you are basically saying to trust no other players, in other words...shoot them! By shooting them you gain a negative reputation. Oh isn't that just something. It then becomes all about rep points. PVE players coming to try, TRY, Survival are NOT interested in reputation points, especially when "trust no one" comes into play! This FORCES them to have to play PVP in the "trust no one" manner which you described.  I trusted a "so called' by reputation a Lawman! If you can not trust someone of a law abiding reputation, then why have reputations at all! I know how the game works, so please save your forth coming explanation on reputations. Something NEEDS to be done either to SEVERELY punish players who choose to kill those with reputations that are the same (positive/negative) as theirs. A player who is a civilian who gets group requested by someone of a positive rep, should NOT be killed by said individual with a positive rep. Granted yes, they might be scared of the individual they group request (that is a given) BUT, grouping them and them killing them should NOT be allowed!! If players are so concerned with their reputations, they should practice getting them on PVP servers.

17 hours ago, Steve said:

you have 5 characters and 7 minutes revive 

Again this is rather pointless. When I played, even when I took NO loot, ( I was going to get killed anyway so why give anyone loot) I was just trying to build up my skill tree. Why would you want to waste skill tree points on several characters when they are so hard to accumulate in the first place? Quickly re-joining with another character does NOTHING to help you when your trying to build up your skill tree on your primary character. 

On a last note to the Devs that did listen....THANK YOU!!!!! Survival PVE and I liked, and would be VERY interested playing that again if you ever open a PVE Survival server!!!