Steve

Surivival Servers and Maps [Poll]

Survival Servers and Maps   

90 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many servers you think does Survival need each region?

2. 2. Which maps should be in Survival officials?

• Colorado V1
    • Colorado
    • Oregon
    • Caliwood (WiP)
    • Cliffside (PVP)

9 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

This is a good idea, but I doubt it goes anywhere.  Considering what it costs for a server, this would be nice. It would also be nice if they did something to reward player loyalty. How about a really cool skin that cant be sold/ traded that you get with X hours of play or each year your anniversary as long as you play X hours? Those things, and fixing vehicles and other things DEVs know are issues would go MILES toward player retention alone. Things like this that can BENEFIT every player I will get behind. ( Like Sven redoing the icons and optimizing as he goes. THAT is the kind of things that get the most critical of us to support ideas. I am equally quick to praise a good idea as I am be critical of damaging ones. 

I saw that!! He is literally taking any extra time (Even at home) when not with his family to rework EVERY SINGLE ITEM ICON in the game.  That was great to see... knowing edges of items that are "blown out/distorted/pixelated" are being cleaned up & rounding the object meshes to give a cleaner look will go MILES for the game. once this happens, the "BLUE ITEM" ring around it will also look better. MAP terrain changes (such as trees & rock formations) are being leveled in some areas (not so jagged/squared up) and increased to give players more coverage.... I have already seen "stone items" (patches of "little grey rocks" added to the maps for future gathering for building).... I'm curious to know WHICH TREE MAPS will be available for use of wood materials for building.... Which explains the MASSIVE TREE ADDITIONS.  With the addition of these new GATHERING ITEMS... some ppl will spend the day farming building materials IN TRADE for character ITEMS....so the IDEA OF FARMING itself WILL EVOLVE here...some will master material gathering, while other only gear.

Hey, when it comes to PVE, PREMIUM SHOULD HAVE A LEG UP ACCESS TO PLAY a premium server. a server where actual "FREE" players  are not..there is the TUTORIAL, Beginner, and Warm up servers, for such things. giving free players the ability to TRY the PVE without fear of getting sniped for their first coke can. I think you are missing the opportunities of a MIXED server. A mixed server would have all zone elements within it. if you do NOT want to PVP or even "coop" pvp, then the PVE zone is STILL FOR YOU. Think of it this way.... if you do NOT have a private farming server, and the the OPEN PVE server is full, then this would be an amazing "queue  overflow, for ALL the modes." It gives a place for PVE players to loot, gather, kill & trade, a place for co-op/clan play; and a place for PVPers. Another player recommended something to me via pvt msg...that a "banded or stacked" map with server refreshing with the play zone would be great. take a map divide it into 3 equal band of PVE, COOP & PVP. stack in ORDER of play modes (this way PVE actually gets 2/3rds of the map--Coop & PVE ; since you can ONLY be killed via GROUP/COOP play in the COOP REGION). to allow all players to use the map, just "change the directions of the bands" to "mix up" the map play for all players in all modes. The ONE CONSTANT would be the VERY CENTER of the MAP will always be COOP (in colorado-- Boulder and/or CAMPOS would ALWAYS BE IN THIS MODE ZONE.) Don't think of something like this as BAD (because most players don't just a select few of PVE players would never use it, most would.) think of it as a way to "keep playing" until whatever MODE you are waiting on comes available. We could request this as the "QUEUE waiting server" until your modes is available and PULLS YOU OFF  and AUTOMATICALLY logs you into the server you have been waiting for when your number is called. all gear & kills would just still count, instead of NOT, like the tutorial & warm up servers.

Forcing a PVE player to play PVP is NOT what I mean by "forced player interactions" What I mean by this, is to ENCOURAGE POSITIVE PLAYER INTERACTIONS, we need MORE OF THESE kinds of missions/contracts. END game is JACKED UP. We have END GAME players, just doing player kill contracts to "pass the time." until the next update.... There needs to be a retooling of CONTRACTS, if you want to nip negative player behavior in the butt.. END GAME needs more "cooperation" between veteran end gamers & newer players. The game is already built in a way, that new players pretty much have to BEG for stuff from VETs on PVE (because most dont do tutorials & go straight play) and haven't learned the game just yet.. This is where we as a community can ACTUALLY PRESS our strengths against the devs... sure its nice to ask for servers, and new gear, but what its sounds like what everyone REALLY WANTS is a great place to PLAY the game. The problem then is NOT the game, but the social mechanics..... WE NEED BETTER SOCIAL MECHANICS.... The game should drive the player to WANT to work with others, instead of isolate (in this case what has happened to you). If anything, YOU ARE THE PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY BETTER SOCIAL GAME MECHANICS ARE NEEDED... You feel you cannot enjoy the game "as a whole' because the game is INCOMPLETE in the social aspect. Instead of asking ways to FURTHER FOSTER YOUR ISOLATION PLAY, what can be changed to ENCOURAGE YOU to at least give COOP play a chance?

9 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

Forcing a PVE player to play PVP is NOT what I mean by "forced player interactions" What I mean by this, is to ENCOURAGE POSITIVE PLAYER INTERACTIONS

This is a joke. Just last night while playing, I came upon a player that was relatively new. I tried to explain to this player how to best kill a super zombie. I sat and watched and he did indeed kill the super. He gathered his loot undisturbed. Then I went to kill a super. This very same player that I tried to have a, as you put it, POSITIVE PLAYER INTERACTION. Just as I was about to kill the super, he swooped in after I expended my ammo, killed the super and stole half of the loot that was dropped right in front of me. I do try to help newer players. Yes, there are a lot that do appreciate the help. I have even outfitted new players with top of the line equipment ie: armor, weapons, ammo, healing items, food, and yes, even vehicles. I don't really care to sit here and have you tell me that I don't try to interact with others in a positive manner. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE PLAYER BASE IN THIS GAME. Also, your theory of pushing players into a finite space, there will be more and more of these types of situations. On top of that, you have a language barrier that you seem to keep forgetting about. This is a GLOBAL game. Not everyone speaks the same language. My best suggestion to you is, instead of coming in here like a bull in a china shop and trying to force your ideology on those of us that have been around for a very long time, try playing the game more and observe. I might be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if you had more time in the game. As it sits now, you have only been in this forum for 11 days. Get some actual in game experience in THIS GAME before you try to dictate the actions of others. NOT ALL GAMES ARE ALIKE. I have no idea what other games you 'helped'. However, I do know that what you are doing here is tearing apart the very thread that holds this game together. I also find it funny that you will not respond to me directly. Why is that? What are you so afraid of?

22 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

END game is JACKED UP.

Yes. This may be true. But from what I have seen in your posts is that you are driving it to the end. You say a few nice things here and there, but YOUR endgame seems to be to divide and conquer. You are trying to turn this game into YOUR vision of what you think it's supposed to be. Suck it up buttercup, that's not likely.

26 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

WE NEED BETTER SOCIAL MECHANICS

I agree with this statement to a point. Again, you are trying to force your ideology down our throats. One of the biggest problems with this is the language barrier. You can't change the social mechanics with a group that cannot understand each other. All you do is drive a wedge between the players in this game.

30 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

You feel you cannot enjoy the game "as a whole' because the game is INCOMPLETE in the social aspect. Instead of asking ways to FURTHER FOSTER YOUR ISOLATION PLAY, what can be changed to ENCOURAGE YOU to at least give COOP play a chance?

I am at a loss of words to address this statement. There is plenty of social interaction. No, not all of it is positive. You have to understand that the social aspect cannot be forced upon people that don't want to interact with people in a game where there are untrustworthy players. By this I mean, someone invites you to a group in PVP. You accept their invitation thinking you made a 'friend'. So you go on 'missions' together. You become complacent and put all your trust into this new 'friend' (in the early days, when you were in a group, the other members of the group could not kill or hurt you.) Then, after you have gathered a nominal amount of high end loot, you find yourself kicked out of the group you became comfortable in, and the person that invited you kills you to take what you worked supposedly together to gather. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THIS ATTITUDE BY DRIVING PLAYERS INTO A SMALLER AREA WITH MIXED GAME MODES. You will only succeed in making this situation worse.

38 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

there is the TUTORIAL, Beginner, and Warm up servers, for such things. giving free players the ability to TRY the PVE without fear of getting sniped for their first coke can. I think you are missing the opportunities of a MIXED server.

Yes, these servers do exist. However, after you have played for a number of hours/days, you lose the access to the tutorial and beginner servers. What you are doing is missing the whole point of PVE. All players of all experience levels can play PVE without fear of being killed by another player. The problem with the tutorial and beginner servers is, the lack of an experienced player to tutor the new players in the mechanics of the game and warn them about some of the pitfalls and negative interactions they may encounter. BTW... just because they have the label of Tutorial and Beginner does not mean that some unscrupulous players won't create a new account just to take advantage of, as they call them, BAMBIES, NOOBS, and a few other names I have seen new players called. NOBODY enters a game knowing every different aspect of what is to come. NOT EVEN YOU. Even though you profess to be the 'best game fixer' ever. If you are that good, START YOUR OWN GAME.

Bottom line here is, Yes, we do complain about certain situations and issues with the game. NO GAME IS PERFECT. However, we air our grievances, discuss issues with the developers and admins and get angry. BUT WE ARE STILL HERE!!!

All you seem to want to do is condense the population and throw money around. And you will continue to try to change the mechanics of this game. I bet you still haven't done what was suggested and actually look at the list of private servers. Those cost the individuals MONEY. Oh... but wait... you said something about people only wanting to play FREE. POOF... there goes that theory.

You also insinuate that there is no respect for the developers and admins working hard to keep this game running and current. When in actuality YOU are the one that is disrespectful by trying to make them change a product that they have worked years creating and maintaining into YOUR vision of what you think this game should be.

@Sven, @ElChupacabra, @Fred, @3lias, @Vintorez, @Steve, I hope you are reading everything that has been said in this thread.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

• Thanks 2

The devs are keeping an eye on everything, man... otherwise they wouldn't be posting within it. You want to KEEP ME on the outside of "WE the players" when the whole time I have been INCLUDING YOU WITH ME, but you refuse to do that with me... you act as if its "YOUR GAME." I'm asking quality questions to both the players AND devs... and Making quality recommendations...all you see to do is want to attack me... I never pressed "Im the best game fixer ever." I merely stated what I DO FOR A LIVING, AND I FOUND THIS GAME INTERESTING ENOUGH TO WANT TO INVEST IN IT SO YOU CAN KEEP PLAYING.... I hope the DEVS are watching too.... THEY ARE SEEING PLAYERS SLAP the very ppl willing to try to help the game SURVIVE..... why would I WANT to invest 5-6 figures into a game when players like YOU are in it? IT's NOT YOUR GAME... its the DEV's GAME....in the end, the BOTTOM LINE matters... if there is NOT ONE, then they do not have a paycheck to take care of their family. THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS.... I'm not coming in here to "take over anything" I  (personally) want to WIPE FORTNITE OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH, and help an INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY gain relevance....Which ever game I can do that WITH, I WILL.... I would think you of all ppl would understand this. And by your response of continuing to berate ME over YOUR FRUSTRATIONS of the game, is not SELLING YOUR CAUSE. I hope the devs realize that is not just "player abuse in game", but outside the game in its forums.
Enjoy your game play.... Now I'm contemplating whether or not to even bother investing in this game.

Big changes for someone who just is here to beta test; then I read your own endgame. You mentioned wanting to own a game in one of your posts, then mentioned dumping a truck load of money on investing in this one. Seeing how you have spoke to the others who disagree with your vision, I tend to agree with them.  You want to change this game so much it won't even feel like the game we came to love. I don't think I want to stick around to see it either.  You wanted to see the community  come together, it seems they are just not the way you want.  If they want to sell the game, or have investers change it this much they should just come out and say it.  In the meantime, watch how many you run off. Those vets while noisey, they had been loyal, something you might have enjoyed as part of your investment that can't be bought.  

• Thanks 3

I forgot to add majority of players begging for items in trade  are vet players.  Players who are abusing the good nature of others. Next time you see someone begging, check out the tag by their name before you donate.  Very sad to see.

Edited by Chaos&Mayhem
Spelling
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Thisisjoetv said:

Hey, when it comes to PVE, PREMIUM SHOULD HAVE A LEG UP ACCESS TO PLAY a premium server. a server where actual "FREE" players  are not..there is the TUTORIAL, Beginner, and Warm up servers, for such things. giving free players the ability to TRY the PVE without fear of getting sniped for their first coke can. I think you are missing the opportunities of a MIXED server.

Premium servers are Premium player only territory already, and have premium ( better)  loot now and have been that way. They also have zero to do with PVE as they are NOT PVE servers. ( Again, not even a 1 for the PVE players who purchase premium. ) When you get to the bottom of it and REALLY play, there is darn little that IS for the PVE player. You have described you ideal vision of this game rather well, and no I don't think I am missing opportunities of a mixed server. I see having which area I can play without being shot by PVPers limited to areas of the map I don't like or prefer not to play of be forced to wait til the map rotates again. Again, zero interest in the coop side as it still allows any type PVP at all.  Campers gave you a pretty darn good repeat of what happened there and it happens constantly , Maybe if players could show first that they COULD be TRUSTED and not have been how they were in the past It might have changed how I feel now, but honestly I just see it as a new way for them to abuse things. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, FOX335 said:

good job !!!! removed a lot of servers PVE ,. players leave !!!! excellent

Not sure how to take youre comment, can be read different ways.  Is removing servers to get PVE players to leave youre hope? If so,  why?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Not sure how to take youre comment, can be read different ways.  Is removing servers to get PVE players to leave youre hope? If so,  why?

If i gudge from his reputation (Assasin) he is PVPer!So he wanna remove the PVE servers and the players of those leave or will forced to go in PVP servers...idk...just guessing

• Thanks 1

I went and read comments they've posted. I'm not sure intentions from that either. Most of their posts are about Nether and patches for it. Your forum rank and player rank are different unless you know in-game name.  Mine shows killer,  but that isn't a rank I have in-game. So IDK,  cold still be different. (even some PVPers  enjoy PVE and have character that are pve only.) Many people also don't have their forum accts tied to the same email acct as their game one. I see why though they are curious about intent.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chaos&Mayhem said:

I went and read comments they've posted. I'm not sure intentions from that either. Most of their posts are about Nether and patches for it. Your forum rank and player rank are different unless you know in-game name.  Mine shows killer,  but that isn't a rank I have in-game. So IDK,  cold still be different. (even some PVPers  enjoy PVE and have character that are pve only.) Many people also don't have their forum accts tied to the same email acct as their game one. I see why though they are curious about intent.

The ranking systems are indeed separate. In game, since I do not play PVP, my rank is civilian. However, my rank here is  Reckless.

The ranking systems are set up this way. In game, it's based on the kills you have. For example, if you  kill a lot of negative players, your rank title will be a positive one. If you kill a lot of positive players, your rank will be negative. Here in the forums it is solely based on the amount of posts you have made.

Also, since you are able to have different characters in game, the names will not always match. Since I've been playing for over 2 years, I have had many different names in game. However, you only get one name for the forums.

I hope this explains it better.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CampersRUs said:

The ranking systems are indeed separate. In game, since I do not play PVP, my rank is civilian. However, my rank here is  Reckless.

The ranking systems are set up this way. In game, it's based on the kills you have. For example, if you  kill a lot of negative players, your rank title will be a positive one. If you kill a lot of positive players, your rank will be negative. Here in the forums it is solely based on the amount of posts you have made.

Also, since you are able to have different characters in game, the names will not always match. Since I've been playing for over 2 years, I have had many different names in game. However, you only get one name for the forums.

I hope this explains it better.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

Thank you for clearing this up better. Its confusing when the ranks over lap ( I looked and I didn't find any rank structure for the forums so being that new people can find them)  . It it just made it more confusingfor people. Same ranks played out on both left me scratching me head. In game rank  is searchable so its I understand it. They need a key for this and the small icons about the servers; you know where you log onto the servers themselves. . 

Edited by DNI_Adrian
my copy paste went beserk and posted part of a comment to another game I started playing

@Sven, @Fred, @3lias

Not sure where this goes but I am posting it here because it does involve Survival and WHY people do NOT want to play it. I have been playing Survival for a few days, trying, TRYING HARD to give it a chance. Now after this last event that occurred I will NEVER play this node again!!!! I and a few in game friends grouped, we ALL had civilian, constable, or even better yet LAWMAN ranks. One player in our group the Constable needed some help and myself and another player went to aid them IN the safe zone. We gladly shared our VERY HARD GOTTEN gains with them. As soon as we rolled our (as a group) just as we got out of the safe zone we were fired upon immediately and killed by the so called Constable! This sort of behavior is what is driving players away from your precious Survival game mode as well as PVP! I NEVER again will group with anyone but my wife, and one VERY special person (not naming names but you know who you are) I do NOT care what reputation you have, unless I know you personally, group will NOT happen!! Can you see now now I ONLY will play PVE? It's pretty darn clear....(most but not all) PVP players are @sses. No matter what perks PVP or Survival have or get I will NEVER play in any mode that has ANYTHING REMOTELY resembling PVP!!!!!! This sort of behavior NEEDS to be curbed if you want players to even try Survival mode. I tried it like a fool, but fool me once shame on you, because there will NOT be a second chance unless by a miracle of fate there opens up a PVE Survival board. I now you think that there could be no way but I might have a solution. You could keep ALL the aspects of survival, just minus the PVP. You die and loose ALL your stuff just like now. Loot is rare and hard to find, just like now. The revive timer even stays the same, just like now. Zombies are everywhere and hard to kill without loot, just like now. All that would change is to make the server PVE. Everything else would remain.

And now onto my second complaint about Survival. I know this has been discussed and even voted on, but I still have a complaint/solution that I don't think was discussed. When you die in Survival and have to wait 7min to revive, players get tired of waiting and move on to other things and often times never go back to playing as they are now engaged in other games or activities. My suggestion would be a 2-3min revive time with the player loosing all loot, just like now. The only issue I can see if this were to occur is that other players after looting the dead player would wait and camp, only to kill them again. This wait time was a concern of mine when I gave Survival a try.

• Thanks 1

How about this as an option to make everyone happy: Make one server on each PVE and reduce the # of PVP boards. That way,  the PVPers get what they want ( a more heavily popped server and PVE players get what they want too! The PVP players can go PVP with others who WANT TO,  while PVE players have their own and no longer have to deal with PVP play if they don't choose it.  Its actually a win/ win. Plus when the total number of servers is cut the boards will be MORE heavily POPPED so they get what they want as well. How about trying that and see if that cuts down the issues on PVP vs PVE players, plus all modes ( except BR and competition) have something to offer everyone. Less stress for everyone!! 

• Thanks 2

I think need add algorinm in the FAC who detect all macro, how it be in the infectZ, in moment of detections instant kick, 3 kick -> ban for 1 mounth, after permanent, and I am for old classical map Calowood and Colorado v1

Edited by iAmZwarior
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, iAmZwarior said:

I think need add algorinm in the FAC who detect all macro, how it be in the infectZ, in moment of detections instant kick, 3 kick -> ban for 1 mounth, after permanent,

I agree 1000+ % , yet  sadly they wont.  They allowed them to use macros for healing and riots which was bad enough, then players began using it for GI  &  other thing and not a peep. One even bragged about sittin on his shields all dayand all he did was kill a new player repeatedly and laugh in chat about doing it.. It gives the false impression they actually make  more kills bc other players ( even noobs) would have had them if they couldn't throw up a shield and med up instantly. Doing so their kills to deaths ratio is super inflated artificially.  It puts honest players who don't use any cheats at all @ a disadvantage.  That's what they should do for an event... ban macros for a weekend ( one of the 4 day ones) of PURE play and double rep...  Let them see what the game COULD be like without such cheats.   Way more fun, and might even coax some PVE only players over for that! 

Im sure im not the only one who agrees either. I know other players who either wont play or quit pvp over macros. Lol I play over there once in a while,  and I may suck but at least my play is clean and I used NO cheats to get where I am. Not many on here can say that...  thank you for being another honest player.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, iAmZwarior said:

I think need add algorinm in the FAC who detect all macro, how it be in the infectZ, in moment of detections instant kick, 3 kick -> ban for 1 mounth

I TOTALLY AGREE with this idea!!!  Maybe if the macros was banned more people would play PVP. I have several friend who have quit playing because you can not kill someone who meds and shields faster then you can shoot. I don't play PVP, but I think anyone using macros is a coward and afraid to get killed. If you have to play a game and cheat (as a lot of players use macros, and yes I know that is allowed for shields and healing....but it still is a [email protected] cheat) if you have to cheat to play, you should not be playing at all!

Edited by Katryna247
added more content
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, iAmZwarior said:

I think need add algorinm in the FAC who detect all macro, how it be in the infectZ, in moment of detections instant kick, 3 kick -> ban for 1 mounth, after permanent, and I am for old classical map Calowood and Colorado v1

100% agree, if admins make map caliwood and disable permisions for macro i return in the game

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Katryna247 said:

I TOTALLY AGREE with this idea!!!  Maybe if the macros was banned more people would play PVP. I have several friend who have quit playing because you can not kill someone who meds and shields faster then you can shoot. I don't play PVP, but I think anyone using macros is a coward and afraid to get killed. If you have to play a game and cheat (as a lot of players use macros, and yes I know that is allowed for shields and healing....but it still is a [email protected] cheat) if you have to cheat to play, you should not be playing at all!

Macros and cheats are for loosers and useless players!!

• Love 2

Here's is my question how are they going to prevent macro's on fac because a anti cheat developer would have a really hard time detecting something like that. Also there is a rule on it but could be explained better sounds like it's allowed to some degree and not sure if outright banned. http://prntscr.com/oengx4

1 minute ago, Tyrelis said:

Here's is my question how are they going to prevent macro's on fac because a anti cheat developer would have a really hard time detecting something like that. Also there is a rule on it but could be explained better sounds like it's allowed to some degree and not sure if outright banned. http://prntscr.com/oengx4

If they can  an do ban macros for other things it would not be hard to outright ban macros. Yeah, they keep allowing it for riots and healing but other uses its banned, lots leave that are like me and don't want to HAVE TO cheat ( using macros is a cheat) to play at all on PVP. I may "suck at it " but every kill I got was clean, and I didn't use a macros to hide behind a riot or to keep from dying by macros-ing DX to get it. You want a REAL EVENT, do a weekend where macros is totally banned. NONE at all allowed. Then you either sink or swim... but its ALL up to the players skills.