Steve

Surivival Servers and Maps [Poll]

Survival Servers and Maps   

90 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many servers you think does Survival need each region?

2. 2. Which maps should be in Survival officials?

• Colorado V1
    • Colorado
    • Oregon
    • Caliwood (WiP)
    • Cliffside (PVP)

22 minutes ago, Katryna247 said:

I agree totally here. If this game goes it the direction Thisisjoetv is pushing for I'm outta here! You should NOT force players to do anything!!!

I'm not pushing anything.... I'm stating the way the world of gaming is already. Living in the past will certainly kill this game as well. There was a player that mentioned 1 server for survival dedicated to PVE, ONLY..why not, instead of trying to "give ultimatums" to the DEVS if things you do not like are approved, you work within the confines of what YOU ARE GIVEN?? Instead of promoting the ideas you DO LIKE, all you have shown the DEVS is you are "gonna rage quit" if you don't get what you want.... thats the thing here folks.  If you honestly believe that servers shouldn't have more than 10 players on them (unless a private), then you do the company a disservice just to make you "feel better." Even if it hurts their bottom line. I'm trying to tell you that... Do you honestly believe this game can supply the numerous server bills, just to keep a handful of PVE members content??? It is in the games BEST INTEREST, to collapse AS MANY SERVERS as possible in the BEST WAY possible to GROW the game..  If there are dedicated "pure PVP" servers, then you should have 1 dedicated PVE server.... But if you expect the number of OPEN WORLD PUBLIC NON PREMIUM SERVERS (aka free to play only servers) to have as MANY or MORE than PVP, you are mistaken.... To keep the numbers above 10 players per server and keep a SERVER at a capacity that is profitable again, means smashing them together.... I predict there will be 1 PVE only, 1 MIXED (PVE,COOP,PVP) and 1 "Pure PVP"...this satisfies EVERYONE in this thread, MINIMIZES COST, and encourages player interaction....

I don't know why there can't be an Official servers on Survival,  both Colorado and Colorado Vl that are PVE ONLY for those who can't afford to rent a private server. Let us have our own Official PVE Survival servers and leave us the h3ll alone. Do what you want with PVP land. We PVErs won't mind at all, just leave us alone on our world. Just because we are playing/want to play Survival does not mean that we should have to encounter another player that will more than likely kill us. Survival is hard for everyone as loot is hard to find, so playing PVE Survival is hard for the PVPer to gather loot. Survival is also hard for those that play PVP to gather loot as well. It simply makes PVE harder than normal, and PVP harder because now you not only have to worry about loot, you have to worry about someone else killing you. Essentially nothing changes for the PVP player. 

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

I'm not pushing anything.... I'm stating the way the world of gaming is already.

What a joke this statement is. Yes. You are pushing YOUR agenda and trying to turn this game into something that YOU want. It's funny how I can find plenty of games that do not FORCE players to interact with others if they so choose. I'll give you a few examples... Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto V,  Thief, the Dead Island franchise,  The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, The Last Of Us, Mafia III. But, since you are such a 'great game tester' you already know about these games. If any of those publishers heard any of the garbage you are spewing on here, they would just laugh in your face and tell you to move along.

STOP PUSHING YOUR AGENDA ON US.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Katryna247 said:

I don't know why there can't be an Official servers on Survival,  both Colorado and Colorado Vl that are PVE ONLY for those who can't afford to rent a private server. Let us have our own Official PVE Survival servers and leave us the h3ll alone. Do what you want with PVP land. We PVErs won't mind at all, just leave us alone on our world. Just because we are playing/want to play Survival does not mean that we should have to encounter another player that will more than likely kill us. Survival is hard for everyone as loot is hard to find, so playing PVE Survival is hard for the PVPer to gather loot. Survival is also hard for those that play PVP to gather loot as well. It simply makes PVE harder than normal, and PVP harder because now you not only have to worry about loot, you have to worry about someone else killing you. Essentially nothing changes for the PVP player. 

I said the same thing... I think there will be.. but the days of 4-5 servers only pve, or only pvp are over. Its not cost effective or sustainable.... Nobody is talking about forcing anything.... they have all been ideas, and most of you responding to me (another player, NOT A DEV) as if it was coming.... you would only do that, as if YOU KNEW IT WAS ALREADY HAPPENING.... Some of you have been here too long, let your egos get in the way. 

I'm talking about game CONSOLIDATION,  INCREASED PLAYER INTERACTION and COMMUNITY GROWTH... if that means the game loses a few of us, to gain 1,000 more, THEY WILL.  If PVE was so amazing, WHY HAVE YOU PVE PLAYERS DONE NOTHING TO HELP BRING MORE PLAYERS TO THE PVE SERVERS & GROW THE GAME??

*mic drop*

1 minute ago, Thisisjoetv said:

If PVE was so amazing, WHY HAVE YOU PVE PLAYERS DONE NOTHING TO HELP BRING MORE PLAYERS TO THE PVE SERVERS & GROW THE GAME??

First of all, I am not a game recruiter, secondly all I can do is tell someone about the game I can't make them play. I have brought people to the game who enjoyed PVP even, but alas the rude and the crude PVP players they encountered ran them off.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Katryna247 said:

First of all, I am not a game recruiter, secondly all I can do is tell someone about the game I can't make them play. I have brought people to the game who enjoyed PVP even, but alas the rude and the crude PVP players they encountered ran them off.

Then perhaps its time to ALLOW the VETERAN PVE PLAYERS control the interactions of PVP players, by mixing the modes TOGETHER, on a single test server... it seems by the community, that the devs cannot control the rampant abuse... then why not LOBBY to do this task??  A mixed MAP will certainly give you guys the chance to test that... The reputation RANK system should be retooled. It encourages  players from the get go to have a negative repsonse to other players...(we've heard me say it over & over) its the END GAME CONTRACT MISSION system... Maybe they should TEMPORARILY REMOVE PVP CONTRACTS (ohh snap! I just heard some PVPers say they were gonna "rage quit" if this happens XD ), until the system re balances.... I think the dev would respond to the players if there was a cry out about "mental capacity issue" within the their games  social environment BROUGHT ON BY THE GAME MECHANICS. Knowing the country most of the DEVS reside, mental health is taken VERY SERIOUSLY.....If players spent less time complaining about the abuse, and target the game and help them minimize the behavior they will respond...simply stating their system is full of rampant abuse does no good. Point out the behavior and where it stems from, DOES...

Edited by Thisisjoetv

4 Severs, Colorado V1, Colorado, Cliffside and Caliwood + Oregon on a weekly Map Rotation.

1. Colorado V1, it is basicly a PvP and PvE Sever

2. Colorado the same as Colorado V1

3. Cliffside PvP Sever and Stronghold Sever, You can farm Water/ Food. You can make Lights with a lamp and you can craft useful Thing with the Harvesting tool.

4. Same as 1 and 2 just with a Rotation aspect.

I know sometimes the Cliffside Sever were a Little bit empty but the Map is quit small and I had evertime Enemies to fight against! + It gives us the old ISS Feeling back

On 6/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, Steve said:

I have to agree with that. Survival is not only for PVP but also for PVE and if there would be only 1 server, then it will be hard for the PVE player.

What about one PvP server v1 and one PvE server v2? Private server are also for farming.

37 minutes ago, Freddy D said:

What about one PvP server v1 and one PvE server v2? Private server are also for farming.

I mean Survival is all about Survival right. So if we add PVE server, then people would not rent their private server anymore to farm. Yes, we would have a full "Official" server where player farm but we also have to see which part brings us income.

4 hours ago, Steve said:

So if we add PVE server, then people would not rent their private server anymore to farm

@Steve Actually what your doing is DISCOURAGING players like myself from RENEWING my private PVE  server, and seriously considering QUITTING the game altogether.  I PAY for a private server and YET I STILL VISIT survival. Unless I PERSONALLY  KNOW a player, I don't really want anything to do with "grouping" or "co-op" as too many have shown me they ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. I think maybe I have found less than I can count on my fingers of those that CAN  be since I began playing this game! Adding a PVE server gives new players a chance to play without idiots "bambi hunting" for "EEEZZZzzz " rep. At the end of the day, when new players get killed over and over and loot taken there is ZERO incentive to stick around.

You either don't take them into consideration or don't care. Hell, even players who cross over and TRY to play are dealing with it BEFORE they have anything to even protect themselves with! But hey like I told the egomanic above, It don't matter a damn how many players you "bring" to the game when other issues like the racial slurs and offensive names even when reported go ignored. I am beginning to do vid recording and screenshots of what im talking about here. I cant even post them here on the forum without getting a warning or getting BANNED HERE for repeating them! But hey, those issues don't count, PVE players opinions don't count so why should my hard earned dollars be counted on to help you achieve what many of us have said NO to without considering the PVE and NEW PLAYERS.

Oh, and before you go on and on about the " warm up server" often those who are recruited by friends / family want to play WITH their friends or family... that server is nice but many don't go there for that reason alone. Also before I RENTED my server I played on FREE SERVERS, so don't assume because people start playing for "free" that they wont BUY GC for  item boxes, servers ect. MAYBE they want to try before they buy! Run them off though, that seems to be what the PVP and survival pvpers  want these days. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Steve said:

if we add PVE server, then people would not rent their private server anymore to farm

I beg to differ on this. A lot will still rent private servers to farm because with this few of official PVE servers there would be a lot of players on there making farming hard; during events, there would also be no competition to acquire event loot. If you rent a private server like my wife and I do, there is 100% loot and you do not have to compete with other players for it nor do you have to deal with verbal abuse, their horrifically vulgar names (oh yes there are many, just to name one for example "f*ckface". CHILDREN play this game and should NOT be subject to such names, an yes it has been reported) or players aggressive uncalled for behaviors.

• Love 2

12 minutes ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Oh, and before you go on and on about the " warm up server" often those who are recruited by friends / family want to play WITH their friends or family..

That's great Adrian but also don't forget that even if we bring someone to the game and they go to the warm-up server players like you and I (just about any player that has played more than a few hours especially VET players) are not allowed in the warm-up servers so we can not actually help or teach them unless they play on a regular server or private server.

13 hours ago, Thisisjoetv said:

that the devs cannot control the rampant abuse..

Oh they could, but it might offend  some of the top players to crack down on the crappy behavior and abuses.

13 hours ago, Thisisjoetv said:

I think the dev would respond to the players if there was a cry out about "mental capacity issue" within the their games  social environment BROUGHT ON BY THE GAME MECHANICS. Knowing the country most of the DEVS reside, mental health is taken VERY SERIOUSLY.....If players spent less time complaining about the abuse, and target the game and help them minimize the behavior they will respond...simply stating their system is full of rampant abuse does no good. Point out the behavior and where it stems from, DOES...

Being a horrible person, having racial bias, or having offensive names that would get a players youtube ( just an example here) video a strike, demonetized, or removed entirely yet  have zero to do with "mental capacity". If it did, then hate crime folks could get off charges because of their issues. Even the law sees this as a separate issue so no, I will not give them an out for being a horrible person. They aren't threatening people directly, but they do use the rep system on discord to abuse players, and the scam reporting link for the same. I have lobbied, I was told to "report" in game. I have before, and watched the same players spam chat, attempt to scam others, had offensive names even an anti women one, an LGBTQ slur, and sexual connotations many using numbers to slid past the filter stay on for hours after a report, and even seen them days later!! 

@Thisisjoetv by the way, when was the last time you looked at the poll ( yeah the real reason for this thread)? Players are speaking loudly and clearly.  

• Thanks 1

Just went back and looked, the Survival side already has typically 4 servers open in each region so I am lovin the poll.  Now, due to the amount of people on those servers being up, I have ZERO interest in playing there. SOOOOooo  I'm going back to my private server I PAID FOR bc I have zero interest in the PVP aspect of Survival. @Steve right there gave me reason to either not play this game at all or OWN a private server. I don't like playing where there is a bunch of people for reasons Ive stated over and over. Until those issues are resolved NO. Now if I was to let my server go...I would just go play another game. ( Im not the only one like this Im sure)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Thisisjoetv said:

Why do YOU NEED TO FARM, if you are SOLO PVE??? you have PLENTY at your disposal... The ONLY REASON TO FARM IS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO INTERACT WITH OTHER PLAYERS

I would still need to farm because this is how I make money. Saying that the only reason to farm is because I want to interact  with other players is pure BS!  l have a private server just because of that. I DO NOT want to interact with other players unless it is in the trade lounge, if and when I choose to go there.

• Thanks 1

I'm sick and tired of people coming to these forums and also in the in-game chat and telling me and others where to play, how to play, and how much money we should spend. I'm sick and tired of the horrendous language used in both areas. I'm sick and tired of the offensive and sexually indecent character names used.

For 2 years, I have spent money buying Gold Coins and renting servers. What thanks do I, and others, get for being so supportive? TBH, there is some respect shown by the devs, but there are some that could care less. This issue of other players being downright rude in how they address the majority of this games community is out of control. I also have tried using the in-game reporting system. Nothing is ever done with what is reported. I carried an Extreme account for 90% of the past 2 years so yes @Thisisjoetv I AM A PAYING PLAYER. I choose where and when I spend my money. I will not, nor will I ever bow down to the likes of you for any reason. In a previous post in this thread I stated...

14 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

What a joke this statement is. Yes. You are pushing YOUR agenda and trying to turn this game into something that YOU want. It's funny how I can find plenty of games that do not FORCE players to interact with others if they so choose. I'll give you a few examples... Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto V,  Thief, the Dead Island franchise,  The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, The Last Of Us, Mafia III. But, since you are such a 'great game tester' you already know about these games. If any of those publishers heard any of the garbage you are spewing on here, they would just laugh in your face and tell you to move along.

STOP PUSHING YOUR AGENDA ON US.

The games I listed are only a small percentage of what is in my game library. This sample list doesn't take into consideration the hundreds of other FTP games available. You come in here, acting all high and mighty and announce to EVERYBODY that they should only play your way. Guess again. Yes we are and will continue to be very vocal about the issue of ANYONE trying to force us to play this, or any other game, in a manner that goes against what we find to be fun. If we are continually told we have to bend to the will of some upstart that claims to be 'the best game tester' after only being around for a very short period of time, and says things like 'I know what is wrong with this game and how to fix it' and 'Calling out the DEVS by telling them that they will never be able to fix these issues unless they FORCE THE PLAYERS INTO A SINGLE MAP WITH ROTATING ZONES' WE WILL LEAVE. This is not a threat. This is a PROMISE. This one person has shown me one thing though, and I have said this before, there is a decided lack of respect for those of us that have supported this game for a long period of time. And, like @DNI_Adrian stated...

51 minutes ago, DNI_Adrian said:

@Thisisjoetv by the way, when was the last time you looked at the poll ( yeah the real reason for this thread)? Players are speaking loudly and clearly.

Yes... the polls are speaking volumes.

The developers and admins in charge of this game know that, even though we try to tackle the tough issues, and sometimes get our ire up, WE RESPECT THEM. We are simply bringing things to light that need to be addressed and can quickly turn into game breakers. DISRESPECT is one of those main issues. By that I mean, being called names, being subjected to vulgar language and images, and also being told how and where we are to play. With so many other options available, it would be no problem locating a replacement for where we play and spend our money.

Oh... btw... 'Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

See, NOW we are getting somewhere. I appreciate the banter & looking for outcomes and compromise over "rage quitting."

This game is MA (that means MATURE).... there is BLOOD & VIOLENCE in this game...IT IS RATED & RECOMMENDED FOR ADULTS ONLY. Using "kids/children" as a reason to try to curb ADULT behavior on an ADULT GAME, will never happen... you would have to remove the blood and some of the content if YOU WANT THIS. personally up to the game developers... I understand this gripe, but if you want to ALLOW KIDS FREELY to play an ADULT GAME, negative social interactions are included. The kids shouldn't be playing this game. But I'm not their dad.

Its also condescending to listen to you all COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP PLAYERS, while you simultaneously MAKE MONEY OFF THEM VIA TRADE---and THIS IS YOUR REASON FOR FARMING SOLO..... its funny you complain about the CUSTOMERS you have? then STOP SELLING TO PVP PLAYERS WITH NEGATIVE RANKINGS..... you are just as culpable for GIVING THE ABUSIVE PLAYERS THE EQUIPMENT TO CONTINUE THE BEHAVIOR. You cannot sit there and say you only want to interact with players as LONG AS THEY ARE NOT SHOOTING AT YOU ON THE MAP.... because LIKE I SAID EARLIER...what ARE YOU DOING TO COMBAT THE PROBLEM AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO JOIN YOU?  so far NOTHING that I've seen other than forum whining...

The point of CONSOLIDATION is to improve server numbers...guess what?? as of TODAY, there are MORE ON THAN EVER BEFORE...magically NOW you won't play it??? the game IMPROVES THE PLAYER INTERACTION, and now you wont join? the same ppl you keep FARMING equipment for???

You heard it from the DEVS...bottom line is they do not want this to become abandonware.... and the only way to do that is to find ways to cut costs thru equipment assessments, IMPROVE PLAYER INTERACTIONS, and update the play system.  If the BEST WAY TO MAINTAIN the game is to collapse servers, and force FARMING to private servers... I say DO IT.... If even less than 10% of revenue comes FROM private servers... Because SERVERS COST MONEY... you PVE players keep asking for MORE SERVERS, and don't want to pay for them, while you also want to limit yourself or "ZONE PLAY" the game.... I wonder exactly HOW MUCH of SERVER SPACE ALONE is storage numbers for PVE PLAYERS WHO NEVER MOVE inventory???? in PVP, server spawned gear maintains a level, because gear is often traded back & forth from player to player (from kills to trades)... I wonder what the COSTS to maintain absorbent amounts of REPLICATED code just to keep PVE players content with the MASS COLLECTIONS. Both PVE players currently still and those whom already abandoned the game...

On 6/27/2019 at 4:18 AM, Steve said:

Thanks for your honest feedback.

Server got decreased because fewer players and player would just split everywhere which is also increasing the server performance overall.

About the loot. Survival should have less loot and really hard to find stuff actually. Items aren't easy to find like in Open World. So you can not say you wanna play Survival but also you don't like the rare loot.

I would appreciate if you did NOT assume anything about my Survival play. I have played 35+ days with character 1 and 67+ combined days with the 5 characters. Paying a few hundred dollars renting servers only buys contempt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Thisisjoetv said:

STOP SELLING TO PVP PLAYERS WITH NEGATIVE RANKINGS.

I don't care what their reputation is because not all PVPers act like total jerks. Oh and trust me I have a notebook full of name I refuse to trade with, I keep notes.

Both PVE players currently still and those whom already abandoned the game..

I am not certain on the actual time limit of not playing. but if someone does not log in for a certain amount of time they still have an account and can access the game, but their GI gets wiped and that have to start looting again.

Its also condescending to listen to you all COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP PLAYERS, while you simultaneously MAKE MONEY OFF THEM VIA TRADE---and THIS IS YOUR REASON FOR FARMING SOLO..... its funny you complain about the CUSTOMERS you have? then STOP SELLING TO PVP PLAYERS WITH NEGATIVE RANKINGS..... you are just as culpable for GIVING THE ABUSIVE PLAYERS THE EQUIPMENT TO CONTINUE THE BEHAVIOR. You cannot sit there and say you only want to interact with players as LONG AS THEY ARE NOT SHOOTING AT YOU ON THE MAP.... because LIKE I SAID EARLIER...what ARE YOU DOING TO COMBAT THE PROBLEM AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO JOIN YOU?  so far NOTHING that I've seen other than forum whining...

@Thisisjoetv The problem with this is if you play small map pvp nearly everyone has a neg rep. WHY? BC they shoot EVERYTHING that moves that isn't grouped with them. ALSO, I guess you haven't been here long enough to realize those same players have accounts with multiple charactors, Good/ Neg/ and Civillian trade only accounts. Hmmm not trade with the NEG rep... great idea until that same player shows up in trade with his/ her trade only character that has NO REP. Now what? Or it maybe someone who like me tried to play and saw the player pop at its worst and said shoot em all BC by the time I look, good guy/ bad guy im dead.  Im trying to address the problem, and what I complained about VIOLATES the game rules. I guess they suddenly get a pass for acting like jerks because its "adult". Sorry, even adults don't want to see gay bashing, racist or anti women names. Im sure that someone who glorifies HITLER belongs here too by your standards, right?? It was a more approvable sample that @Katryna247 gave. Most of what Ive complained about isn't acceptable even on the Biggest GAME TITLES ! Your asinine comments show your own lack of maturity especially toward the VET players. We aren't on here telling you or anyone else to "play our way or else", we are saying we played this game bc we enjoyed it. Advocating for Removal of the aspect we enjoy, you are asking for a player revolt. Worse you don't care. If this idea of yours were to happen you're setting up for a similar reaction as the sniper wipe. Go ask the DEVS how that went over.... 

The point of CONSOLIDATION is to improve server numbers...guess what?? as of TODAY, there are MORE ON THAN EVER BEFORE...magically NOW you won't play it??? the game IMPROVES THE PLAYER INTERACTION, and now you wont join? the same ppl you keep FARMING equipment for???

Today there are higher numbers because it the weekend. Play the game a but longer and you will see that a large number are only here weekends or for events... IE times when there  is some sort of actual incentive to play...IE double GD, Double XP, Double rep, holidays... watch those same servers Monday when the adults who aren't older or disabled or unemployed for whatever reason all go back to work. WORLDWIDE. Check all the servers! 

You heard it from the DEVS...bottom line is they do not want this to become abandonware.

This game has become  "abandonware" multiple times under multiple names. One of the games, War Z  Game DEV Sergey Titov explained more eloquently than I can what happens when you ignore and dismiss your most loyal players. ( If I get kicked for this then so be it) Go read where your arrogance  will take this or any game Mr Super #1 beta tester. In an open letter to the community he wrote "

Along with that thanks, though, I need to admit that we failed to effectively communicate some of our plans and actions to both our existing players and to our new prospective players. This failure to communicate resulted in some very negative feedback from some members of our community, but while it might be easy to label them as “haters” or some other dismissive term, in all honesty this is my fault.  I became arrogant and blinded by the early success and quick growth of The War Z, our increasing number of players, numbers we were getting from surveys, etc., and I chose not to notice the concerns and questions raised by these members of the game community as well as others.  This failure is entirely on my shoulders and if anything I owe thanks to that vocal minority and admit that I should have paid attention sooner. I chose instead to concentrate on the bigger picture – my dream of turning The War Z from being a game developed by a small indie team into a large online venture, instead of addressing small things first and staying focused on the game issues. At the end my arrogance led us to the moment, when all those small things finally caught up and created a “perfect storm” that affected all of our community members.  For that I’m truly sorry and apologize to all of our community as well as the larger PC gaming community that is not yet playing The War Z.

I do not take this situation lightly, and last week events were especially humbling for me. I’ve experienced a range of emotions, most of which centered on regret for not having addressed some of the issues differently than we did, but we can’t change the past. The only thing we can do is to be sure that we won’t repeat the same mistakes in the future. I have realized that as the leader of this ship, I missed all early warnings that were saying, “Your community is not as happy as you think they are, you need to alter course.” I was too focused on how great we are and how a small independent team got their first game to over 700,000 users in a two-month period.  Though that is something to be very proud of, allowing that to overshadow the existing community and their satisfaction was poor judgment. .."  

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/the-war-z/40836/the-war-z-developer-sergey-titov-sends-an-open-letter

Bb

IMPROVE PLAYER INTERACTIONS, and update the play system.  If the BEST WAY TO MAINTAIN the game is to collapse servers, and force FARMING to private servers.

What happened to you telling @Katryna247 You were not trying to force players to do anything. Your true colors just came out.

you PVE players keep asking for MORE SERVERS, and don't want to pay for them

What part of my statement did you ignore, or fail to read? I PAY for a server NOW and have for almost a year. Up until a the last month or so I held a Premium acct until I was disrespected. It was the shot across the bow sort of speak that I was VERY UNHAPPY with a particular staff member. There is a reason I have not re-bought another premium acct for me or my better half. They already lost the sale of 2 premium accts monthly. @CampersRUs has mentioned over and over about paying for private servers and his Extreme account. He also shut down cash flow due to being disgruntled about the same issues I did ( and a list more) . 

Both PVE players currently still and those whom already abandoned the game...

I guess you never ventured onto the private server list. Maybe you should go see just how many "PVE only" servers are there. I was going to count them, but im not wasting my time when You wont go bother to look anyway. Many of those servers people play other times of day,I have been on all hours, I have seen how many play at different times. Most like mine are password protected. Currently 2 other players and myself are all that have access. Most of the PVE servers are like that...IE not social scenes.  Those that abandoned the game came here and complained as well.  The majority of those that did was a mass exodus over the sniper wipe.  Something that hurt their bottom lime most so far and here you are pushing an agenda to make more leave. 

Theres Not  as many PVP private severs ( it looked quite different ) to measure up. Odd... those awful PVE players like me buy servers to GET AWAY from being "social". I can go to trade if I want to socialize. Also, I don't go to trade often as I used to, so your  gripe about me complaining about PVPers then going to sell to them.. Youre off the truth there.  I already explained why I don't go. ***** Edit***** Also, when I do go its to BUY something 99% of the time. 

Edited by DNI_Adrian
added 1 line
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @DNI_Adrian This is something I infact have been researching (as someone looking to invest a large amount of money into an MMO, instead of working for one) I have been diving into the past to learn the history. I also appreciate your tone changing from combatant to critical criticism. Like I said earlier, Somethings happened & I don't know why. Some things have been filled in, & other things you are helping with. The perception you are most concerned with is your own play. Vet or not of this game. What I'm hoping to do is bring a new outside perspective that you don't have to assume is someone who is against PVE... I am infact FOR PVE. It's finding a way to fit it in a way that encourages more player interaction other THAN trading.

@Katryna247 said they would have no problem renting a private server for PVE farming. I think this is the best way for PRIVATE FARMING. This is NOT forcing you...you have to PICK, do you feel like farming on the OPEN WORLD, knowing it will be more work, or do you WANT TO PAY, for the ease of FARMING??? Anyone who says their "being forced" in this (to help keep the game running) really doesn't WANT "FORCED" to PAY for something they USED TO GET FOR FREE.... I would think finding ways to reward players who pay for even a PRIVATE server with Premium 30 day account would be something you are interested in...instead of SHOOTING DOWN IDEAS, counter the offer... If you pay even if basic premium, you are a paying player & should be able to find a premium PVE or mixed server that will allow this...but THERE NEEDS TO BE INCENTIVE to move from free, otherwise you do a disservice to YOURSELF AND the other paying members who keep the marketplace afloat. I have noticed changes in the trade server (the addition of ATM,  "gear vending machine"---both not useable, YET; and a MARKETPLACE VENDOR) This looks like in the future, there will be a place to SELL BACK your bulk to the system, BUY gear via "auction" system, and a "quick cash" withdrawl system. If these items are going into the trade server, what stops them from implementing these in "survival safe zones" and just GETTING RID of a trade server altogether (they wont, but this gives them the ability to do so) having more players trade WITHIN the current server map?

How come everyone continues to IGNORE the fact I point out the GAME MECHANICS of ENDGAME CONTRACTS is what is causing the severe imbalance of negative to positive reputations of players on servers, and not to mention fostering an environment for abusive player behavior in the social elements??? if the INTENT of reputation is to let you KNOW what kind of player you are  or have encountered, and you do NOT seem weary of those with NEGATIVE reputations as a "quick judge" of players before trading, then why have it?? not only is it creating problems between players, but continues in a habitual form. If the Devs cannot control them (without making you "rage quit" because it messes with your gaming routine), and the players do not want to do anything about it themselves. Then how do YOU propose to fix the player behavior?

Anyone who says their "being forced" in this (to help keep the game running) really doesn't WANT "FORCED" to PAY for something they USED TO GET FOR FREE.

The reason I would continue to rent our private server is so we (wife and myself)  don't have to deal with other players, NOT because we want something that used to be free. When I started playing this game the PVE servers were  free. Now we have a paid server rental as many others do too to get away from people, as well as currently there are NO official PVE servers.

If the Devs cannot control them (without making you "rage quit" because it messes with your gaming routine), and the players do not want to do anything about it themselves. Then how do YOU propose to fix the player behavior?

Simplle have them banned(not permanently at this point), just 24 hr ban on their first offence, a 48 hr ban on their second offence, and on the third.....as the saying goes "Three strikes and your out"! Players can't say that they were not warned before because that would be pretty noticeable getting banned twice with each time being longer. This way it gives them a chance to change their ways, and if they don't and continue to act as they have been the ban becomes permanent. BUT all of this would require the game owners/devs/moderators to actually crack down on those kinds of players. When a player gets reported, action needs to be taken. This is something that we players can not do, all we can do is report and wait..... 

Edited by Katryna247
added more content

51 minutes ago, Thisisjoetv said:

. I am infact FOR PVE. It's finding a way to fit it in a way that encourages more player interaction other THAN trading.

You do realize that many of us who PVE don't want to socialize nor even remotely be involved in PVP? I do a tiny bit on here but I am again in no way interested in a "blended experience" or interacting more or engaging / interacting with other players more. I have options on how to do this now and I CHOSE not to. If you are " for PVE"  then realize what PVE is and what it is NOT.  PVE is NOT blended/ mixed/ or interacting so much with others. Before everyone locked down their PVE servers there used to be "more interaction"  as you call it. Again, Player behavior became an issue as clans sent groups out to pick up every item they could, often stripping areas of not only zombies but loot as well. Players had to compete with other players over super zombie kills and YES they would wait til you expended the majority of the ammo, wait for you to reload and not only steal your kill but also sat back nearby or came up behind you and as soon as the super was down steal your snipers, boxes ect.  No, Ive had enough  unwanted "interaction" to last a lifetime on this game.  No, there  will not be a change my mind point either. Dealing with other players and not on my very limited terms is a hard NO for me. I want to play against the environment be it what ever kind of zombie, super, alien, radiated super or radiation they want to do. BUT IF I want to play with other people I will, IF I want to PVP I WILL, but ONLY when I "want" to which is the whole point to PVE is NOT wanting to. 

Now I am not the "only one" who feels this way so throwing the whole " its about you" thing is pointless. Like I told you on one of the first posts I made to you, you really need to "KNOW" the players here before deciding what you "think" they want. Go read the OLD posts. See what players have said, not just recently but over even the last 2 years. Get to KNOW the player base before putting out ideas for dramatic changes that borders on creating a whole new game rather than fixing what we've asked for. GO read that. LEARN where players are coming from. Read the "get rid of PVE" posts by a few that were so repetitive we almost didn't have to read them to know what was going to be said. The push by a handful to try to get rid of us and "focus on survival and BR" bc that's what this small group  harped on nonstop. SO much so most of the new weekend  events have next to NOTHING for the PVE only crowd. ( Here have a discount on buying boxes counted for what was offered for PVE.) 

What I'm hoping to do is bring a new outside perspective that you don't have to assume is someone who is against PVE..

LEARN where our IRE at you is coming from then come and address us.  How about actually listening to what we are saying and stop making statements where you want to "force player interaction" Your words Sir... not mine. Stop trying to make excuses why there can't be a PVE ONLY server ( if you really are "for PVE" ) For over 24 hours I have heard this on this thread and the other. You also keep saying that we want something back that was "free". NO. WHY??? BC there was NEVER a PVE only server for Survival, even though they had many PVE players excited, believing it would be an option.. Till the announcement came. There was NEVER a "free" PVE option that the GAME offered. Players, some streamers who became partners, ect offered their own for use but that certainly wasn't free...SOMEONE ALWAYS PAID THE BILLS. Go to the "OFFICIAL" server list, where is even JUST 1 for PVE players? There has NEVER BEEN ONE THERE, not since I joined. PVE was always someone's unlocked server, Not the GAME saying "here is a place for PVE players. There is a reason our side is angry.  I somehow think you should have become more familiar with all of this before purposing such drastic changes AND ALIENATING the side that DOESNT get a "free ride" here unlike PVP & Survival ( which always have).

• Thanks 1

I would think finding ways to reward players who pay for even a PRIVATE server with Premium 30 day account would be something you are interested in.

This is a good idea, but I doubt it goes anywhere.  Considering what it costs for a server, this would be nice. It would also be nice if they did something to reward player loyalty. How about a really cool skin that cant be sold/ traded that you get with X hours of play or each year your anniversary as long as you play X hours? Those things, and fixing vehicles and other things DEVs know are issues would go MILES toward player retention alone. Things like this that can BENEFIT every player I will get behind. ( Like Sven redoing the icons and optimizing as he goes. THAT is the kind of things that get the most critical of us to support ideas. I am equally quick to praise a good idea as I am be critical of damaging ones. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2019 at 6:25 AM, Katryna247 said:

I endorse petition for a PVE official MAP.

Regarding that people will stop renting PVE private servers for farm, so means the company will lose money. Don't worry, nothing will change, because people will still want a private PVE server for farm because in the official PVE server they will not find any loot as will be always populated :D

And I will tell you a secret on how the average actual PVE player in Survival works..... You search open PVE private server, If you find in your region (normally there is 1) then happy, If not, search in another region, normally Europe/USA. If no open Survival server anywhere, then.... you try maybe luck in a official one If you feel up to, or CLOSE THE GAME. (I did both depending my mood).

• Thanks 2