Ruler

Whats wrong with the support tickets xd

I wanted to give the game another try and installed it again. Obviously it wont start so I opened a support ticket 2 days ago.

First answer took the support 8 hours. Second answer 20 hours. Now my ticket is pending for 22 hours. On a good way to make it a full day.

All this while the support page shows between 10 Minutes to 3 hours response time ETA.

Last answer was that ''they'll check my logs''. But I'm almost positive that this process wont take 24 hours.

Is the game getting closed soon or why is the support almost non existent?

Thanks in advance,

A potential player

• Thanks 1

I mean you created a ticket at the weekend. Our team is not really working there, at least not full time. So it can happen that the waiting time is a bit longer than usual.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, Steve said:

I mean you created a ticket at the weekend. Our team is not really working there, at least not full time. So it can happen that the waiting time is a bit longer than usual.

maybe then support should not tell players response time less than 2 hours? Maybe make it clear " we aren't in right now, but support cares about your ticket and we will work on it when we return on --------  in the order they were received". That way, players aren't going and checking every hour or two hoping for an answer not coming til Monday..  Think about the customer service aspect here.  Players respect honesty, even when it isn't what they want to hear. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:34 AM, Ruler said:

I wanted to give the game another try and installed it again. Obviously it wont start so I opened a support ticket 2 days ago.

First answer took the support 8 hours. Second answer 20 hours. Now my ticket is pending for 22 hours. On a good way to make it a full day.

All this while the support page shows between 10 Minutes to 3 hours response time ETA.

Last answer was that ''they'll check my logs''. But I'm almost positive that this process wont take 24 hours.

Is the game getting closed soon or why is the support almost non existent?

Thanks in advance,

A potential player

First of all, I want to point out that @Ruler made this post on June 8.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, Steve said:

@Steve, this is your reply. A FULL 6 DAYS LATER!!! Why should people bother submitting support tickets if they are not going to be answered? Let's not forget the rude and condescending answers we get from the support staff. Add to that the fact that I have posted an issue in the Loot thread that has still not been addressed. What the hell are you devs doing? Yes, I'm talking to you @Steve, @Sven, @Fred, @Fannti, @ElChupacabra. You are the ones that respond to these issues. Now, don't even try to tell me that you have not been on the forums. I check multiple times a day and see your names at the bottom of the page. There are even replies dated AFTER what I posted in the Loot thread. Are @DNI_Adrian and I the only ones that see a problem with this? My guess is no. The problem is, the other members won't call you out on this stuff.  Hell, @Steve, you didn't even respond to my post in the announce for this weekends event. The really sad thing is, you expect us to keep giving feedback, suggestions, our thoughts on whether an event was fun, etc. Why should we bother? You're not going to pay attention to what we say anyway. As far as the suggestion about GI problems, I personally have been posting problems and making suggestions about that. This will be my 494th post. @Sven and @Steve, you both have mentioned that you appreciate my posts and that Steve brings them up in meetings. It would go a long way to give some acknowledgement to what ALL the members have to say. People are begging for more and more for Nether. That's all well and good. But, those of us that only play New Z are being left behind AGAIN.

It's tiring, posting issues over and over, only to hear things like. 'Oh, we're working on that' or 'We were talking about that just the other day in a meeting'. I especially love the one you said @Steve and I believe this one for more than just the weekend. 'Our team is not really working on the weekend, at least not full time'

Bottom line is, If you have no intention of giving answers to the questions and concerns that we present to you, why bother having a forum at all? Do you use it for a good laugh at our expense? And to think I was all ready to give you all the benefit of the doubt. My bad, I actually was thinking you actually cared.

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Thanks 1

I agree Campers, I am sick and tired of all the same old excuses we are being given. I am also agree with DNI Adrian about how they love to tell you it was 'because of the weekend.' Support should be support plain and simple, and if support is not/will not be available the TELL players the proper response times on tickets. We were ALL told that the devs would pay more attention to the forums/tickets because not everyone has or uses discord. Obviously this is not the case. I feel bad for new players, hell I even feel bad for any player for that matter who has an issue that effects game play if and when they submit a support ticket based on the response time Ruler had to deal with. WHY would anyone want to play a game where when they had a problem it took support that long to answer!!! What if this problem occurred during a weekend event, or a special weekend event(Viking Weekend for poor Ruler) not only are players losing playtime, they are also missing out on exclusive items. It is a pretty rude thing to to to place one game over another; and pay more attention to the needs of one game's players over the others. Unless your doing it for the money, because we all know Nether is a paid game and not a free stand alone like Infestation. War Z. Infestation Survivor stories....New Z is turning into the same thing. It is history repeating it's self, and we all know where those games are now.....

Not that is is going to help or solve anything(because I feel New Z is being thrown back on the shelf in place of Nether and devs are giving Nether priority) but I feel that Nether should and NEEDS it's own forum, simply to keep threads separate. Most of the posts on this forum seem to be Nether related.

You keep asking WHY you are losing players, yet you never listen. Perhaps you should have a looooong sit down with Sergey Titov.

The following quotes are from Sergey Titov about how he failed:

"I have realized that as the leader of this ship, I missed all early warnings that were saying, 'Your community is not as happy as you think they are, you need to alter course.'

We chose to tune out negative reactions to the game, not paying enough attention to them – and this, again, is my fault. We chose to rely too much on numbers – percentage of refund requests, number and dynamic of our daily and monthly active users, etc. Well, in hindsight – those things probably work well for more casual games, but the hardcore PC gaming community is much different and can be very vocal about what they feel. Even when the percentage of players with negative comments is small, as the community grows, even a small percentage can add up to be a very significant absolute number. And it's not just a number – those are real people with real issues they are having with the game."

All quotes are from the following article:
https://kotaku.com/war-z-creator-apologizes-i-became-arrogant-and-blinded-5971562

• Love 1

On 6/15/2019 at 7:28 PM, DNI_Adrian said:

maybe then support should not tell players response time less than 2 hours? Maybe make it clear " we aren't in right now, but support cares about your ticket and we will work on it when we return on --------  in the order they were received". That way, players aren't going and checking every hour or two hoping for an answer not coming til Monday..  Think about the customer service aspect here.  Players respect honesty, even when it isn't what they want to hear. 

The time shown there is automatically generated by the system. Some tickets do take longer to be responded to as it sometimes need some additional investigation. 

I'm not taking the blame off of ourselves here, we do sometimes fail with that and I apologize for that. 

23 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

First of all, I want to point out that @Ruler made this post on June 8.

And we're in constant contact with him and he was explained why the ticket reply time in his case took longer. 

Anyways... Both you guys make very good points and these are things we have been trying to improve ourselves on. We are sorry we are not up to par to what you expected. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, ElChupacabra said:

The time shown there is automatically generated by the system. Some tickets do take longer to be responded to as it sometimes need some additional investigation. 

I get that some issues do take time, Im not discounting that at all. What I am saying is if no one is available, just say it. If a problem is going to take a while, maybe sent a reply saying such. My point, the player should know where they stand with their ticket. If support is overwhelmed, then notify the player the ticket numbers are high.  Little things … 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, Steve said:

This is not acceptable @ElChupacabra , and while I am thankful someone did respond, and did explain why his ticket took longer, my point is he shouldn't have felt so left behind that he needed to post in the first place, let alone receive this post days later when others chime in!  Thanks for taking time to read and listen to us.