Jump to content
Sven

Events

Recommended Posts

I think events should be made for players to return to, for example, give them a gun or play to a certain level to get a special outfit.  That will cause the player to return.  I am not interested in the next event but I only care about the returning players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion: okay, and here they returned...then what?

Giving them a gun is pointless because guns can be easy looted and giving them a skin or special outfit can be useless too because giving any item for free to bribe players to return on a game like Infestation will only bring them back for like a day or a few if not any, but it's not that that will keep them. But with all the games out there, why would anyone want to come back for free items? I'm always sent emails from games I've abandonned where they offer discounts on microtransaction items or give away free stuff but I don't find that alone interesting enough to go back to a game I've abandonned for reasons other than free items.

With the Viking event, it's going in the right direction. So I beg to defer because events are just as important as the other positive changes they could bring to the game. It's only by making the current loyal active players happy that you'll actually bring in more players. And they need to bring in true PvE content, an actual mode. And reason why i say events are important for current players is because word of the mouth travels faster than an automated email offering free items for returning members, and if the current players are not happy, there won't be any newer ones really. Not to forget mentioning that if someone abandonned a game, chances they won't even read notifications from that game. There is a great event coming up and maybe because of that many people might play it. I'm just not sure if old players still get email notifications of events. @Thangngo

@Sven thank you for thread!

Edited by V A C A N C Y
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, V A C A N C Y said:

My opinion: okay, and here they returned...then what?

Giving them a gun is pointless because guns can be easy looted and giving them a skin or special outfit can be useless too because giving any item for free to bribe players to return on a game like Infestation will only bring them back for like a day or a few if not any, but it's not that that will keep them. But with all the games out there, why would anyone want to come back for free items? I'm always sent emails from games I've abandonned where they offer discounts on microtransaction items or give away free stuff but I don't find that alone interesting enough to go back to a game I've abandonned for reasons other than free items.

 With the Viking event, it's going in the right direction. So I beg to defer because events are just as important as the other positive changes they could bring to the game. It's only by making the current loyal active players happy that you'll actually bring in more players. And they need to bring in true PvE content, an actual mode. And reason why i say events are important for current players is because word of the mouth travels faster than an automated email offering free items for returning members, and if the current players are not happy, there won't be any newer ones really. Not to forget mentioning that if someone abandonned a game, chances they won't even read notifications from that game. There is a great event coming up and maybe because of that many people might play it. I'm just not sure if old players still get email notifications of events. @Thangngo

@Sven thank you for thread!

I completely agree with you. We want to start doing this on a more regular basis and also have more random events happening in OW and Survival. We think stuff like this is the best way of bringing back players.

The second problem we're facing is to get more new players stay in the game. We're also working and have been working on that and are happy to recieve any suggestions from you.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sven said:

Please let us know all your feedback about events here.

Thank you @Sven for giving us a place to share ideas and issues with each other about the events. My only hope is that this thread doesn't fall by the wayside and go unanswered like the other issue dedicated threads. At least you are trying.

Thanks and Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me toss this out here I know its slightly off topic as far as events and yet not really. I know how hard you guys are working on TWO games, but tangling the forums, and Discord...while it may be easier for you guys I often get notifications about one of you I follow only to read about Nether. ( or worse have to back the thread up to find out it was about Nether) While I like the new look of the forum,   ( more modern and professional looking now than before) I do wish you would separate the two.  Im not going to say all, but "some" of the player loss is just some ( not all) gamers being gamers chasing after shiny objects. Gotta have the newest, hottest, shiniest of objects... Im not saying this as a slant, but follow the console community for 5 minutes. Oh heres a new game system that's 1 month  newer than the one I just wore out and  bought another brand new so gotta get it bc mines old! Doesn't matter they're bringing out a new one every 18 mo I gotta have it!! 

Also, as much as I have ALWAYS been a  JUST  PVE only player, I am trying hard to give PVP a chance on here. ( Yeah, I know right... shocked me too!!) What I found was high end pro players make it very difficult for new or even new-ish players. I didn't and  had not tried PVP on here so I had no idea how anything worked.  Maybe not having pro players or even top level players on server  with newish players who are " Too EZzzz"  " Easy Rep"  pick from a list of other comments made about shooting players pretty much as fast as they change color, or 5 of them camped around the next known spawn in bc they know the spawn in patterns. Even though you have the warmup server, that doesn't help players like me who finally venture out of their comfort zone only to be called a myriad of names the best of which would get me banned here.  Many don't venture onto the PVP until they have built up skills, or had time to collect items and money to play it with.... so.... Maybe separating the players on PVP by Rep levels. Match up similar levels and when you get better, you advance out. Also, adding a cool down timer on riot shields like everything else would help. Honestly banning macros would have been best for the game, yet another reason I never ventured over and I still refuse to use as I see it as a cheat. Sadly its something so many complained about but was ignored over time, now you still have those top players who used it, the rest moved on to other games who ban its use for everything.  

No matter what events you create, these items still haunt you. 

 

********Now for the good*********  Awesome job on this event!  So much detail put into to art, music choice, ect! I love the extended event as well! Its a refreshing change. 

 

Edited by DNI_Adrian
typo
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say THANK YOU SVEN! This event is amazing so far, and I can't wait for it to offer more over the next few days. I do have one slight concern though and I can not remember if it has already been addressed. The Viking loot, specifically the war axe and war hammer, are now so easily found in the Viking settlements that their value has taken a downswing. Players who have a few of each weapon that they acquired from the Legendary Weapon Crates when they killed an Alien Super no longer hold the value that they once did.  I don't know if this was intentional or just something that was not foreseen. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/6/2019 at 5:20 PM, CampersRUs said:

Thank you @Sven for giving us a place to share ideas and issues with each other about the events. My only hope is that this thread doesn't fall by the wayside and go unanswered like the other issue dedicated threads. At least you are trying.

Thanks and Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

It's much easier to have it in one place, like this. Hope you understand.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:45 AM, Katryna247 said:

I would like to say THANK YOU SVEN! This event is amazing so far, and I can't wait for it to offer more over the next few days. I do have one slight concern though and I can not remember if it has already been addressed. The Viking loot, specifically the war axe and war hammer, are now so easily found in the Viking settlements that their value has taken a downswing. Players who have a few of each weapon that they acquired from the Legendary Weapon Crates when they killed an Alien Super no longer hold the value that they once did.  I don't know if this was intentional or just something that was not foreseen. 

When it comes to these dedicated items I try to work more towards never releasing the same one twice, just to avoid this issue. The viking event from 2019 should not, unless it's an item that's not really valuable, have returning items or skins. If we were to make another one, in 2020, it would have or at least our aim would be to make it have unique new skins and items instead of re-using stuff.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:10 PM, DNI_Adrian said:

Let me toss this out here I know its slightly off topic as far as events and yet not really. I know how hard you guys are working on TWO games, but tangling the forums, and Discord...while it may be easier for you guys I often get notifications about one of you I follow only to read about Nether. ( or worse have to back the thread up to find out it was about Nether) While I like the new look of the forum,   ( more modern and professional looking now than before) I do wish you would separate the two.  Im not going to say all, but "some" of the player loss is just some ( not all) gamers being gamers chasing after shiny objects. Gotta have the newest, hottest, shiniest of objects... Im not saying this as a slant, but follow the console community for 5 minutes. Oh heres a new game system that's 1 month  newer than the one I just wore out and  bought another brand new so gotta get it bc mines old! Doesn't matter they're bringing out a new one every 18 mo I gotta have it!! 

Also, as much as I have ALWAYS been a  JUST  PVE only player, I am trying hard to give PVP a chance on here. ( Yeah, I know right... shocked me too!!) What I found was high end pro players make it very difficult for new or even new-ish players. I didn't and  had not tried PVP on here so I had no idea how anything worked.  Maybe not having pro players or even top level players on server  with newish players who are " Too EZzzz"  " Easy Rep"  pick from a list of other comments made about shooting players pretty much as fast as they change color, or 5 of them camped around the next known spawn in bc they know the spawn in patterns. Even though you have the warmup server, that doesn't help players like me who finally venture out of their comfort zone only to be called a myriad of names the best of which would get me banned here.  Many don't venture onto the PVP until they have built up skills, or had time to collect items and money to play it with.... so.... Maybe separating the players on PVP by Rep levels. Match up similar levels and when you get better, you advance out. Also, adding a cool down timer on riot shields like everything else would help. Honestly banning macros would have been best for the game, yet another reason I never ventured over and I still refuse to use as I see it as a cheat. Sadly its something so many complained about but was ignored over time, now you still have those top players who used it, the rest moved on to other games who ban its use for everything.  

No matter what events you create, these items still haunt you. 

 

********Now for the good*********  Awesome job on this event!  So much detail put into to art, music choice, ect! I love the extended event as well! Its a refreshing change. 

 

For the forums maybe it's not exactly in place how we'd like to have it, our goal initially was that IF Nether were to get a big forum community to move it over to it's own. In the end the Fredaikis forums are the 'Fredaikis' forums where we'd like to have all of our games in one place. Maybe that format doesn't work, or maybe (which is what my opinion is) it's not set-up correctly at the moment. Maybe the games should be divided more clearly.

Anyways, about further forum feedback you could always post stuff here: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/forum/84-forum-suggestions/

You are right, and yes it is totally true our PVP community is pro as hell. In this sense we do kind of have a problem. It does have a theoretical easy fix which is by getting more players but in reality that's the hardest task of all.

Whether or not players, developers, community agree or disagree, want something or don't want something, everyone has their own opinions etc etc. it makes this whole situation extremely complicated and time consuming to discuss. Are we aware about it? Yes. Totally. If there were to be an easy fix we would have already worked on that, but unfortunately it's not that easy. People reading this would probably comment: "No, it is easy. Just do this... bla bla" but like I said, that's just what people will be saying no matter what.

My whole approach on this is simple, and if I am completely honest here I should also involve Nether, our second game in my answer: From a development perspective we just have to keep going, for both games. In my opinion easiest to not make any mistake is to put all the eggs in separate baskets. Obviously never work on 1 game only, but also in a game individually in for example for a patch: do a bit of crash fixes, bug fixes, some new content, some map fixes, some new skins, some performance updates and a new feature. That's a great setting and besides anything the 'safest' at this point. In my opinion.

Besides everything we are doing all we can, I am doing all I can, and we'll just have to see where the ship lands. Game development be game development.

Love to discuss more. Look forward to your replies. Have a good night ;)
 

Best regards, Sven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...