CampersRUs

A Question about inventory stackables

Why is it that we can stack items in our backpack like ammo, bandages, gas cans, repair kits, and food, but something that basically has no weight cannot be stacked? I'm talking about contracts. It seems silly to me that, if you want to carry multiple contracts for one thing, ie: Kill 3 Super Zombies, require one space for each one you carry? Space is already limited in our backpack as it is. So, in order to carry a repeat of one contract, you have to give up precious space needed for other items.

@Steve, @ElChupacabra, @Sven, @Vintorez, @Fred. Could one of you please look into this and let us all know how, what amounts to a piece of paper takes up more room than 300 magazines of ammo (which, if you want, you can stack an unlimited quantity)

I appreciate the help and look forward to an answer.

Have a Nice Day!!! 😎

• Thanks 4

Good question as I wondered the same too! Contracts are valuable items for PvE and they're common that yesterday I ended up with 5 taking all the space in my backpack, having to drop ammo or other guns just to fit in a contract. Can you guys make them stack? 

Edited by V A C A N C Y
  • Thanks 3

It's just how it is I guess. xD

Some things are just like that.

On the other side: were we to make them stack, problems might occur. Why? Because contracts are a "unique" item and can perform an action. This is why we can't "just" make them stacked. Would require extra checks etc. In the end I definitively think they should be stack able. Why not? :P

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Sven said:

It's just how it is I guess. xD

Some things are just like that.

On the other side: were we to make them stack, problems might occur. Why? Because contracts are a "unique" item and can perform an action. This is why we can't "just" make them stacked. Would require extra checks etc. In the end I definitively think they should be stack able. Why not? :P

Thanks for the reply @Sven. What you say does make a certain amount of sense, however, can you guys look at the possibility? Afterall, if some items can be stacked, why not contracts? 😇

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Thanks 2

Not just the contracts, but global inventory update, make possible to take x amount of items, (snipers), not taking 1 by 1, we need this, please

• Love 3

1 hour ago, CampersRUs said:

Thanks for the reply @Sven. What you say does make a certain amount of sense, however, can you guys look at the possibility? Afterall, if some items can be stacked, why not contracts? 😇

Totally true. I've noted it ;)

Not sure when it would make it in but at least the point will not get lost. :P

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, N_e_n_o said:

Not just the contracts, but global inventory update, make possible to take x amount of items, (snipers), not taking 1 by 1, we need this, 

@Sven May I please add to all of this, that while yes the contracts do perform  a unique action, so do many other "stackable" items in game. As to @N_e_n_o 's comment not only do I too wish it was possible to remove more than 1 item of the same type  like was mentioned. I also  question why it takes soooooooo long to manually put items into or remove items from your own GI yet it takes a split second to toss up in trade and transfer the items. There has to be some sort of way, ( beyond just stashing items here I mean) to move items around. SO, lol maybe when youre looking for improvement ideas you could add this one too?? 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1