Darkio

CHANGE FOR THE GAME? GOOD OR BAD?

So this post is gonna be about the state of the game currently and what changes could be made to help the growth of the game.

*I KNOW ITS A LOT TO READ BUT ITS OKAY TO READ AN ENTENTINSIVE AMOUNT IN YOUR LIFE I PROMISE IT WONT HURT* 

I just wanna point out before you read on, I am a solo player, I've played this game since the old WarZ/infestation days when Dakota and summit1g played, before that arthmis dude became a developer. So yea quite a long time ago. This game surely has a special place in my heart I really do enjoy it lots, the idea of it and everything. So lets get to the reason of this post. I've talked to plenty of players in the global chat on the game and even heard some streamers just express saying how the game is slowly in decline and its just gonna continue going down. Why? Its because of the state of the game lets just say it how it is. And its completely bogus to say the game requires no change and isn't in a decline and that no changes would help this game currently. 

I know the developers have tried some game breaking changes, and it u went horribly but hear out the post. And before I tart listing some changes, I do appreciate all the developers do and have done, I know getting the game on steam and just maintaining it is never easy, I surely can't do it. But your job as developers is too make the game into the best state it can be in for your players. 

Snipers - Must I say much? Snipers are ridiculous in this game, it literally is just a sniper emulator at this point and is that really worth settling with? There is 0 prestige to having them anyone since every has 500+ snipers in their inventory, some in the 4000+. Its come to a point where every single gun has been rendered useless unless its at point blank range and that's just sad to be honest. A sniper wipe? Drop everyones snipers to 5 each and make them rare? I mean jeez some change has to be made by this, and I know its possible.

Pvp - As from the other point, pvp is just a mess in my opinion. Snipers are literally pvp. Its created spawn camping to a new extent, and I don't feel I really need to go into the spawn camping problems that haunt this game, I'm surely anyone and everyone who pvps can vouch for me on this. And it just makes everything 800x harder because everyone only uses snipers so unless you use one enjoy getting spawn camped repeatedly till u spawn far away enough from dying over and over. 

*RIOT SHIELDS* - JUST REMOVE THEM COMPLETELY, READ BELOW IN RESPONSES FOR FURTHER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS

Macros - This necessarily isn't a problem for me but ive seen many players voice their opinions about these and they aren't positive. Would it really hurt to make them illegal to use? 

Overall - Now before anyone just goes and be like, oh just play a different game mode. Just save your response as that's a complete illiterate and dumb answer to this post. Again im just one player right now voicing some of this stuff, but im sure I can have most of the community standing behind on this post if they were to vote on it and given a chance to vote or anything to give their thoughts on the issue, its not just me im just seeming to be one of the only people wanting to say something about it publicly. 

But anyway im curious to see other players and moderators and possibly developers response to this. And no this isn't a hate post, I have 130+ hours in the game and obviously do enjoy playing I would just love to see the game not be in slow decline and actually prosper. And I feel these changes would be a step in the right direction but lets all discuss! 

Edited by Darkio
Good reason to add

12 minutes ago, Darkio said:

A sniper wipe? Drop everyones snipers to 5 each

While I agree with most of your post, you do realize how many players would leave if another sniper wipe occurred? This was tried and failed once. It has been talked about many times and it is clear it is not in the best interest of the game.

• Thanks 3

While I agree with sooo  much of your post  @Darkio , I have not only read from the other players but the devs about NEVER doing another wipe, I was not a player when that happened, but I have talked to sooo many who were. A huge chunk of the players left in anger over it. I don't think the devs are willing to put the players through that again,,, especially as is my understanding they were told it wouldn't happen again. ( If my memory serves me right anyway) .  I  think the devs gave up on macros... I really do.  I do get where youre coming from though,,, honest players who don't camp, macro, snipe every bambi in site are very difficult to build. And they wonder about my disdain for PVP...….

• Thanks 2

Another wipe and I'm quitting the game. I spent time looting my own snipers. Never traded or bought them from others. And I have friends who aren't too good at the game but they spent time too looting their collection of snipers. Another wipe means boosting the Black Market website economy since people buy things with real money there too. It's an unfair advantage. PvP players will end up with a lot of snipers withing 24 hours time and the friends I have who PvE and casually PvP to defend themselves have to loot that shit all over again. We spent nights playing together to get our favorite snipers and we hop onto the PvP mode so they could train their aim. Wipe GI or snipers and we're done.

Edited by V A C A N C Y
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, V A C A N C Y said:

Another wipe and I'm quitting the game. I spent time looting my own snipers. Never traded or bought them from others. And I have friends who aren't too good at the game but they spent time too looting their collection of snipers. Another wipe means boosting the Black Market website economy since people buy things with real money there too. It's an unfair advantage. PvP players will end up with a lot of snipers withing 24 hours time and the friends I have who PvE and casually PvP to defend themselves have to loot that shit all over again. We spent nights playing together to get our favorite snipers and we hop onto the PvP mode so they could train their aim. Wipe GI or snipers and we're done.

I completely understand your whole response, And I wouldn't stand behind a whole entire GI wipe, I do would be done at that point. But I mean from your point of view and how you feel would steps would you take to better the pvp and sniper gameplay that currently haunts the game? I mean if you don't have a problem with it than so be it I know not everyone does, but I mean the only logical solution against a player base would be a sniper wipe, or least cut it down to 10 of every sniper or so depending on everyones GIs. But again I respect your opinion sir and appreciate the response. *EDITIED* and also granted make the snipers extremely rare and have prestige to having one after the wipe, not make them so common where people can rebuy and make them in 24 hours of pvp

Edited by Darkio

54 minutes ago, DNI_Adrian said:

While I agree with sooo  much of your post  @Darkio , I have not only read from the other players but the devs about NEVER doing another wipe, I was not a player when that happened, but I have talked to sooo many who were. A huge chunk of the players left in anger over it. I don't think the devs are willing to put the players through that again,,, especially as is my understanding they were told it wouldn't happen again. ( If my memory serves me right anyway) .  I  think the devs gave up on macros... I really do.  I do get where youre coming from though,,, honest players who don't camp, macro, snipe every bambi in site are very difficult to build. And they wonder about my disdain for PVP...….

I was not a player either when the wipe occurred so im in your shoes when it relates to that. Look at a game like Escape from Tarkov if you've ever heard of that. They have had more wipes than I can count to their GI inventories for their playerbase. I personally don't play the game, but they've molded a meta to obtain loot and such to where it wouldn't be game quitting when it happens. And NewZ here can do that exact thing if they just fix and play around with the loot. And of course I'd only stand behind a type of sniper GI wipe, not an entire GI wipe. I'm glad though you agree and relate to the whole pvp part of my post. Im sure many many many other players can agree with us as well when it comes to this.

1 hour ago, Katryna247 said:

While I agree with most of your post, you do realize how many players would leave if another sniper wipe occurred? This was tried and failed once. It has been talked about many times and it is clear it is not in the best interest of the game.

I'm sure many players would leave possibly, and I mean theres alternatives in my opinion to try and keep the players who would get mad. I mean they're the developers and can do anything they want I'm sure they can think of something to make up for the sniper wipe. But I mean you understand what im saying though right? With a steady decline in their game and playerbase as it is currently, isn't it time for a game breaking change such as that? I mean if they're afraid of the effects of a wipe than so be it I just see the game only going continually down hill from here without changes such as the ones I stated. Games all the time make giant changes and lose player bases from time to time, but its to ultimately keep spicing up their game and making it the best possibly version of itself. 

Well since we're speaking of PvP and you're asking my opinion @Darkio I'll tell you what I think. I HATE the PvP we have today. I'm old school and I love me some PvE here and some PvP there. I am NOT a fan of seeing everyone on a map camping the same spot on the map bunny hoping with riot shields and sniping everyone on sight and call that 'fun PvP'. If anything I find that extremely boring. I must be one of the few PvPers who are sitting in PvE now waiting for Devs to do something about Open World. Yes, I agree that people have crazy amount of snipers but I don't like the idea of wiping snipers simply because it took me since 2016 to amass the VSS Vintorez collection I have now, and legitimately so. I don't want to type the name of the Black Market here, but people sell this shit for real life money through paypal and it's been like this since the days of WarZ. Wiping snipers might make it fun for PvE-ers maybe to start looting all over again and trade them, but I know how PvPers work and I know that a lot of them wouldn't mind spending 5 dollars on 50 AWPs or M200s, or M107s and just a dollar extra on VSS. And that's what worries me.

You ask about my point of view what I feel which steps would I take to better the PvP and sniper gameplay. Well I'll say it again, rid them off those goddamn riot shields. Beginners and other players lurking Open World with the intention to make friends and 'survive' together stand no chance against experienced players who spawn each round with 30+ riot shields. Go up to any of them with a handgun or a rifle and they will hide behind a riot shield. I don't care if snipers need cover, but those riot shields make a fight very unfair for a beginner against highly experienced snipers. And add more zombies. Why are we playing a 'zombie' survival when the zombies only spawn in towns, bases or cities, and why are they so badly scripted? Perhaps they need to make them faster and spawn faster around hot zones, like Norad, Boulder etc. And when I say 'faster spawning for zombies' I mean it. I mean they're the devs and they took responsibility when they picked up Infestation. Why must it always be the players who try to guide them in the right direction when it is their job to figure out new ways to make Infestation equally fun for PvPers and PvPers alike. 

Survival Mode is the only thing left of what used to be a really good game before the old devs screwed it. And right now it's dead and yet two weekends in a row they give Survival events when Open World has no event really except for that double GD event. So yes, I'm utterly bored as a PvPer and I'm not a fan of KOS random people and when I want to use my guns I head to Nato and Boulder and no guilt fight other players who are there to kill back, but this shit is getting old, very old, and it's not because of sniper rifles.

Edit: Also Escape from Tarkov is a Battle Royal. Wipes are good for that genre. Not a survival genre that is called Infestation NewZ unfortunately. Not this game that has nothing else to offer.

Edited by V A C A N C Y
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, V A C A N C Y said:

Well since we're speaking of PvP and you're asking my opinion @Darkio I'll tell you what I think. I HATE the PvP we have today. I'm old school and I love me some PvE here and some PvP there. I am NOT a fan of seeing everyone on a map camping the same spot on the map bunny hoping with riot shields and sniping everyone on sight and call that 'fun PvP'. If anything I find that extremely boring. I must be one of the few PvPers who are sitting in PvE now waiting for Devs to do something about Open World. Yes, I agree that people have crazy amount of snipers but I don't like the idea of wiping snipers simply because it took me since 2016 to amass the VSS Vintorez collection I have now, and legitimately so. I don't want to type the name of the Black Market here, but people sell this shit for real life money through paypal and it's been like this since the days of WarZ. Wiping snipers might make it fun for PvE-ers maybe to start looting all over again and trade them, but I know how PvPers work and I know that a lot of them wouldn't mind spending 5 dollars on 50 AWPs or M200s, or M107s and just a dollar extra on VSS. And that's what worries me.

You ask about my point of view what I feel which steps would I take to better the PvP and sniper gameplay. Well I'll say it again, rid them off those goddamn riot shields. Beginners and other players lurking Open World with the intention to make friends and 'survive' together stand no chance against experienced players who spawn each round with 30+ riot shields. Go up to any of them with a handgun or a rifle and they will hide behind a riot shield. I don't care if snipers need cover, but those riot shields make a fight very unfair for a beginner against highly experienced snipers. And add more zombies. Why are we playing a 'zombie' survival when the zombies only spawn in towns, bases or cities, and why are they so badly scripted? Perhaps they need to make them faster and spawn faster around hot zones, like Norad, Boulder etc. And when I say 'faster spawning for zombies' I mean it. I mean they're the devs and they took responsibility when they picked up Infestation. Why must it always be the players who try to guide them in the right direction when it is their job to figure out new ways to make Infestation equally fun for PvPers and PvPers alike. 

Survival Mode is the only thing left of what used to be a really good game before the old devs screwed it. And right now it's dead and yet two weekends in a row they give Survival events when Open World has no event really except for that double GD event. So yes, I'm utterly bored as a PvPer and I'm not a fan of KOS random people and when I want to use my guns I head to Nato and Boulder and no guilt fight other players who are there to kill back, but this shit is getting old, very old, and it's not because of sniper rifles.

Edit: Also Escape from Tarkov is a Battle Royal. Wipes are good for that genre. Not a survival genre that is called Infestation NewZ unfortunately. Not this game that has nothing else to offer.

I just wanna first off say that your response here is amazing and I couldn't agree more with everything you literally just said.  And to point out any moderator/developer/player who would further respond to this post do please read this here response as it piggy backs what I did not say and also I do feel so myself about the current state of pvp and the game. I do wanna add though as I didn't include it that I agree, Riot shields are a plague to this game and this so called "Fun pvp" with the bunny hoping riot shielders is nonsense, its just stupid. A entire riot shield wipe to be quite frank or even removal of them completely would probably even change pvp so much. Even with the over excessive amount of snipers and I do think devs should defiantly look into doing that. And I agree no disrespect to the devs but its true as they took the responsibility of this game when they took the mantle so they should constantly be trying to find new ways to make it fun for pvpers and pveers alike.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I support a Riot Shield wipe or remove them completely from the game. I'll clarify a little more why I'm really against them and let's take Nato as an example. If you go into any high pop server and you venture near Nato, you will without a doubt get sniped, unless you're quick to react by pulling out your shield too or you can see your attacker before you get sniped. For spawners, it's a Russian Roulette sort of situation. If you spawn outside Nato anywhere on a high pop it's a high risk you take of getting stalked by the person who saw you spawn and getting sniped. A lot of beginners venture into Nato thinking that it will be as safe as it is in PvE. I met so many of them who get caught in the crossfire and they have no idea what is going on. Nato's perimeters offer high spawn points, but that's also where the PvP in Nato takes place. It is rarely inside Nato. Why? Because it's easy for anyone with riot shields and snipers to fight there. But, take away their riot shields and I guarantee they will be forced to squeeze in behind trees or rocks for cover, or venture into Nato base and use whatever they find as cover instead. At the same time, you'r challenging them. There are zombies everywhere inside Nato. 1 Zombie running towards a man could alert another of his enemy's position thus the person behind cover will have to move to another spot, unless he's brave enough to stay put, despite knowing that he's position was given away, and take on whoever knows where he's now hiding. But outside Nato, nobody needs to worry about zombies.

Same for Boulder city. Nobody really fights inside the city. Same with Norad, nobody really fights inside Norad. It's become that snipers hide behind riot shields and camp spawn points as well because they have enough cover to do it. You can't deploy trees to take cover behind them, but you can deploy 20+ shields if you want. I've seen a bambi spawn with a handgun. Guy saw an enemy with a sniper and he took cover behind the tree. He was rushed by the sniper who closed in on him until he killed him because the sniper guy had the shields and used them to get close to the bambi. But in a situation where the riot shields were non-existent, the sniper guy would have been: 1) forced to use trees for cover as well for a fair fight 2) stay in his sniper position and wait for the bambi to come out from behind the tree, 3) use a rifle and rush the bambi. Either way, the bambi still has a chance to fight back since he could still use stamina and jumping to his advantage to dodge enemy sniper shots and take cover behind the next object until he gets out of sight.

So why is PvP taking place in the outskirts of towns and cities when it should take place inside? So that the perimeters of a town or city could be somewhat safe for others who are passing by or coming in.

Edited by V A C A N C Y
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Darkio said:

I mean the only logical solution against a player base would be a sniper wipe, or least cut it down to 10 of every sniper or so depending on everyones GIs.

Darkio I am in agreeance with VACANCY. I have spent numerous hours looting my entire collection of snipers. Now you figure in the new XMR-32 rifles, those are not that easily acquired unless you are buying specialist coins and then buying your sniper. Killing 50 people for the PVP specialist contract may be easy with some weapons but not all. I am a PVE player and we have to kill 5000 zombies to get our specialist coin. So, 10 coins = 1 sniper. Speaking from personal experience I have several, and could not even remotely deal with a sniper wipe that would reduce my personal loot in my GI. Lets also not forget that while I do have an extensive amount of snipers, (none have I bought or traded for). I do sell and trade them for things like skins, which I happen to collect.  The XMR-32 currently sells for between 10M - 15M. Can you imagine what a sniper wipe would do to players personal game dollars? They will not compensate us for 'wiped' guns, or anything else of value. When they changed the crossbow arrows from 5 per crossbow to 1 per crossbow, players were never compensated for the loss, no matter how many arrows (the old 5 count) that we had in our GI. While I do feel for the PVP players who constantly want some sort of change with sniping, wiping is just not the answer.

• Thanks 3

I can give you an example of what a wipe does to the value of a weapon. Quite some time ago, when anyone acquired a crossbow, you also gained 5 arrows along with it for the loadout. In addition to that, when you found any arrows they also came in a bundle of 5. Then, without warning, the quantity of arrows was wiped and everybody that had arrows lost 80% of their stock. ie: if you had 100 arrows in your inventory, you suddenly ended up with only 20. To further devalue the crossbow, you have to wait between shots to reload an arrow. This made the crossbow even more useless, especially if you were in a hoard of zombies. I tried to address this issue with the developers and all I could get from them was, 'We'll see what we can do to compensate you' which ended up being nothing. Add to that the fact that you only got 1 arrow with any crossbow you found. (There are also exploding arrows, but they have always been a single item. The bad thing about those is their explosive power is more akin to a firecracker than a grenade.) And to address the XMR, it's my theory that, anyone that has more than 2 or 3 has either bought them from other players or used a private server with friends and boosted their way to the required 50 kills for PVP. I might add that boosting is a form of cheating. And as @DNI_Adrian stated, the admins have stated over and over that they will never do another wipe of any kind.

My point is, the value of owning a crossbow and actually being able to use it dropped to almost zero. Also, As per what @Katryna247 says, you will all but destroy the economy of the game overall. And those of us that have spent many many hours gathering the stock we have, would get nothing for our hard work.

@Darkio and @V A C A N C Y As far as wiping riot shields, here is my take on that. I don't think I would do a complete wipe of those either. What I would suggest however is putting a timer on the placement of them. If you place a shield, you should not be able to rapid fire them so you build a wall. (I had the misfortune of being in an area with another player on the PVE servers that thought it was fun blocking me in with rapid fire riot shields. I say not to wipe them because, if you noticed the last contest that was held, the prize was a personal shield for your particular group. Placing 1 shield should be sufficient. I believe between 1 and 2 minutes would be sufficient. A total wipe would have the same effect as a wipe of snipers. People would leave due to the fact that they had to PAY for the personalized shields.

And to address the bunny hopping that goes on in PVP, that is so absurd it's ridiculous. It is one of the main reasons I don't play PVP. It seems that, even on a PVE server, players cannot walk or run from place to place, they can only move around by hopping. I actually blame the game Halo for this phenomena. It's what killed the fun of playing games like Call of Duty. All the players could do was bunny hop all over the place.

Just adding my 2¢ to the conversation.

Have a Nice Day!!!

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, V A C A N C Y said:

Yes, I support a Riot Shield wipe or remove them completely from the game. I'll clarify a little more why I'm really against them and let's take Nato as an example. If you go into any high pop server and you venture near Nato, you will without a doubt get sniped, unless you're quick to react by pulling out your shield too or you can see your attacker before you get sniped. For spawners, it's a Russian Roulette sort of situation. If you spawn outside Nato anywhere on a high pop it's a high risk you take of getting stalked by the person who saw you spawn and getting sniped. A lot of beginners venture into Nato thinking that it will be as safe as it is in PvE. I met so many of them who get caught in the crossfire and they have no idea what is going on. Nato's perimeters offer high spawn points, but that's also where the PvP in Nato takes place. It is rarely inside Nato. Why? Because it's easy for anyone with riot shields and snipers to fight there. But, take away their riot shields and I guarantee they will be forced to squeeze in behind trees or rocks for cover, or venture into Nato base and use whatever they find as cover instead. At the same time, you'r challenging them. There are zombies everywhere inside Nato. 1 Zombie running towards a man could alert another of his enemy's position thus the person behind cover will have to move to another spot, unless he's brave enough to stay put, despite knowing that he's position was given away, and take on whoever knows where he's now hiding. But outside Nato, nobody needs to worry about zombies.

Same for Boulder city. Nobody really fights inside the city. Same with Norad, nobody really fights inside Norad. It's become that snipers hide behind riot shields and camp spawn points as well because they have enough cover to do it. You can't deploy trees to take cover behind them, but you can deploy 20+ shields if you want. I've seen a bambi spawn with a handgun. Guy saw an enemy with a sniper and he took cover behind the tree. He was rushed by the sniper who closed in on him until he killed him because the sniper guy had the shields and used them to get close to the bambi. But in a situation where the riot shields were non-existent, the sniper guy would have been: 1) forced to use trees for cover as well for a fair fight 2) stay in his sniper position and wait for the bambi to come out from behind the tree, 3) use a rifle and rush the bambi. Either way, the bambi still has a chance to fight back since he could still use stamina and jumping to his advantage to dodge enemy sniper shots and take cover behind the next object until he gets out of sight.

So why is PvP taking place in the outskirts of towns and cities when it should take place inside? So that the perimeters of a town or city could be somewhat safe for others who are passing by or coming in.

Again you took the words right out of my mouth as it pertains to the pvp related aspect of the game, anyone who pvps just for a little especially in high pop servers in the well known populated areas know its very rare to find the amount of people there actually pvping in the respective town/area. They're just all sitting at spawns and spawn camping with a platoon of riot shields around them. Though I never mentioned it as first you really have changed my perspective to where maybe snipers wouldn't be as bad of an issue if there was no riot shields or even a 1 min or 30 second or so timer in between placing them. I am not too sure if the devs are really okay with this riot shield base on spawns and spawn camping type pvp that occurs around nato and ridgeway and clearview and bolder/etc. I think the devs should have acted on this a while ago and try to put an end to this type of gameplay which is just dumb. Again if the devs are gonna do anything to try and fix the style of pvp currently read this here response and it pretty much summarizes why its so bad. 

11 hours ago, Katryna247 said:

Darkio I am in agreeance with VACANCY. I have spent numerous hours looting my entire collection of snipers. Now you figure in the new XMR-32 rifles, those are not that easily acquired unless you are buying specialist coins and then buying your sniper. Killing 50 people for the PVP specialist contract may be easy with some weapons but not all. I am a PVE player and we have to kill 5000 zombies to get our specialist coin. So, 10 coins = 1 sniper. Speaking from personal experience I have several, and could not even remotely deal with a sniper wipe that would reduce my personal loot in my GI. Lets also not forget that while I do have an extensive amount of snipers, (none have I bought or traded for). I do sell and trade them for things like skins, which I happen to collect.  The XMR-32 currently sells for between 10M - 15M. Can you imagine what a sniper wipe would do to players personal game dollars? They will not compensate us for 'wiped' guns, or anything else of value. When they changed the crossbow arrows from 5 per crossbow to 1 per crossbow, players were never compensated for the loss, no matter how many arrows (the old 5 count) that we had in our GI. While I do feel for the PVP players who constantly want some sort of change with sniping, wiping is just not the answer.

I don't think I have ever seen the XMR rifle but it surely sounds hard to obtain that's for sure. I do completely understand where you're coming from. I myself do pve from time to time but I do try to obtain my loot more from pvp rather than pve. Since you pve very often, do you have an opinion on the current state of snipers and how they plague pvp especially in open world or it doesn't really concern you? I am curious if you do have an alternative in your mind or if the game is just too far gone for a type of alternative to attempt to fix the issue. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

I can give you an example of what a wipe does to the value of a weapon. Quite some time ago, when anyone acquired a crossbow, you also gained 5 arrows along with it for the loadout. In addition to that, when you found any arrows they also came in a bundle of 5. Then, without warning, the quantity of arrows was wiped and everybody that had arrows lost 80% of their stock. ie: if you had 100 arrows in your inventory, you suddenly ended up with only 20. To further devalue the crossbow, you have to wait between shots to reload an arrow. This made the crossbow even more useless, especially if you were in a hoard of zombies. I tried to address this issue with the developers and all I could get from them was, 'We'll see what we can do to compensate you' which ended up being nothing. Add to that the fact that you only got 1 arrow with any crossbow you found. (There are also exploding arrows, but they have always been a single item. The bad thing about those is their explosive power is more akin to a firecracker than a grenade.) And to address the XMR, it's my theory that, anyone that has more than 2 or 3 has either bought them from other players or used a private server with friends and boosted their way to the required 50 kills for PVP. I might add that boosting is a form of cheating. And as @DNI_Adrian stated, the admins have stated over and over that they will never do another wipe of any kind.

My point is, the value of owning a crossbow and actually being able to use it dropped to almost zero. Also, As per what @Katryna247 says, you will all but destroy the economy of the game overall. And those of us that have spent many many hours gathering the stock we have, would get nothing for our hard work.

@Darkio and @V A C A N C Y As far as wiping riot shields, here is my take on that. I don't think I would do a complete wipe of those either. What I would suggest however is putting a timer on the placement of them. If you place a shield, you should not be able to rapid fire them so you build a wall. (I had the misfortune of being in an area with another player on the PVE servers that thought it was fun blocking me in with rapid fire riot shields. I say not to wipe them because, if you noticed the last contest that was held, the prize was a personal shield for your particular group. Placing 1 shield should be sufficient. I believe between 1 and 2 minutes would be sufficient. A total wipe would have the same effect as a wipe of snipers. People would leave due to the fact that they had to PAY for the personalized shields.

And to address the bunny hopping that goes on in PVP, that is so absurd it's ridiculous. It is one of the main reasons I don't play PVP. It seems that, even on a PVE server, players cannot walk or run from place to place, they can only move around by hopping. I actually blame the game Halo for this phenomena. It's what killed the fun of playing games like Call of Duty. All the players could do was bunny hop all over the place.

Just adding my 2¢ to the conversation.

Have a Nice Day!!!

Thank you for the response I appreciate it. I was not around when the crossbow had this much value or you obtained this many arrows. Or maybe I was and I just didn't care for the weapon or play at that particar time. Nor was I present when they did a sniper wipe prior or just any wipe. I aint no developr of any game nor do I really have the smarts to be one to be honest it defiantly isn't my forte. But ill start from the top, yea I see where you're coming from as it pertains to wiping and what it does to the value of a weapon, so my question to you would be, do you see any alternative not named a wipe to attempt to fix or alter the state of the game as it revolves around constant sniper pvp?. And back to the riot shields, a timer surely would be nice, a 30 second to anything above that would be fine and in my opinion change the games state drastically and in a good way of course. I myself would most likely stand behind a complete removal of riot shields but I mean a timer would work too, again obviously all up to the devs if they ever made a decision about this stuff. And lastly yea the bunny hopping that occurs is very dumb, I personally don't see how or if they can change it without drastically changing something related to movement or the complete game play itself which probably would just turn into a mess. 

10 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

What I find even more ridiculous is the bunny hopping about  as they just move from point A to point B in trade lounge, LOL!! I mean, for real man, there is not a safer place in the entire game. That bunny suit , bunny head, or those bunny ears should be really popular considering LMAO!! Bunnies EVERYWHERE!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkio said:

Since you pve very often, do you have an opinion on the current state of snipers and how they plague pvp especially in open world or it doesn't really concern you? I am curious if you do have an alternative in your mind or if the game is just too far gone for a type of alternative to attempt to fix the issue. 

Well Darkio, my opinion even though I do not play PVP might sound a bit strange. I think that all loot should remain in whatever world it was collected. Much like now, where Survival loot stays in Survival, Open World PVE loot should stay there and the same for PVP. Players would still be able to take their loot and trade/sell, but only in trade lounges specific for each PVP, PVE, Survival etc. 

As far as snipers and how they plague Open Word, my feelings are this.....players have 2 options. 1.) go out and loot to get your supply of snipers. While I do distain from encouraging PVP players to come and loot on PVE servers, this would indeed be the easiest way for the PVP player to obtain a rather large quantity of snipers. 2.) Go to the trade lounge and either buy them or trade for them. This of course involves having the GD or items of value to trade, and that of course reflects back on looting on a PVE server, where the PVP player does not have to risk life and limb to loot. Basically what I am saying is that everyone has the two same options, and it all depends on how much hard work you are willing to put into looting, regardless of how long you have been playing. Everyone started out equal.

1 hour ago, Darkio said:

a 30 second to anything above that would be fine and in my opinion change the games state drastically and in a good way of course. I myself would most likely stand behind a complete removal of riot shields but I mean a timer would work too, again obviously all up to the devs if they ever made a decision about this stuff. And lastly yea the bunny hopping that occurs is very dumb, I personally don't see how or if they can change it without drastically changing something related to movement or the complete game play itself which probably would just turn into a mess. 

They could easily add a timer, put a cool down timer on riots just like meds, DX ect. that could in theory help that. As for the bunny hopping, they COULD stop it if they wanted. Right now, only high jumping expends energy, but IF they made bunny hopping expend energy as well... Im sure that you would see far lees of it unless someone was being shot at... Just imho.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkio said:

to address the bunny hopping that goes on in PVP, that is so absurd it's ridiculous.

Even though I do not play PVP this bunny hopping is redundant at best! If players only knew how much easier it is for someone to spot you bunny hopping everywhere. Yes it does make you a harder target, but also a much more noticeable one as well. There is absolutely NO need for this behavior in the trade lounge. NO ONE can harm you there. It not only makes trading with someone hard, but it makes you dizzy as well watching everyone hop around like mad jackrabbits for no good reason!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

to address the XMR, it's my theory that, anyone that has more than 2 or 3 has either bought them from other players or used a private server with friends and boosted their way to the required 50 kills for PVP

I have several XMR myself . While they are somewhat difficult to acquire,  use the right contracts on private servers and they are not as difficult as one might think. If I really put some effort into it I COULD get one in a bit over a week with ZERO CHEATING required,. There's a reason I love my private server...  I have  3/4 of the coins needed toward my next xmr. Sadly since the ammo is so rare it will be a long time til they are really useful at all.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DNI_Adrian said:

I have several XMR myself . While they are somewhat difficult to acquire,  use the right contracts on private servers and they are not as difficult as one might think. If I really put some effort into it I COULD get one in a bit over a week with ZERO CHEATING required,. There's a reason I love my private server.

I could not have worded this better myself, and I totally agree. It's all about how much hard work you are willing to put into obtaining one...or more. If your not concerned with collecting all the Specialist skins, just find whatever contracts work for you and do each of them a few times. For newer players this should be rather easy since the contracts are easily found all over, and they are often dumped in the trade lounges for anyone to take.