CruTon

Global Inventories between servers

Will the Global Inventories eventually carry over between servers? That was a thing in the old games, and it allowed people to gear up in the low pop servers, and engage in bigger fights when they switch back to the high pop servers. While I understand that the FAQ in the Discord says "Initially Global Inventories will be server based..." but I'd like to know when (or if) the Global Inventories will be carried over between servers. 

They should be. 😃😃

+1

Not only the part where you gear up on low pop to fight on high pop, but mostly just to be able to play the most populated server. If your server becomes less populated or you play late at night you might want to play on a different server with highest population. So it would really change much to make GI server wide, just so you can stick to the highest pop server without losing a LOT of progress.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, V A C A N C Y said:

I don't remember it being possible to carry inventory around servers.

In the original version of the game, all official servers had Global Inventories that were linked between ALL official servers

That was not possible on the previous version. With the feature to not share your GI on all server also has something to do with the territories. The player which are playing a lot on one server and capturing all the point have an advantage against other tribes, especially on this server.

If I remember well, we never shared inventory but you must have had the impression because in the old game almost every person who died would drop millions. It was easy to buy 15 medkits and selling them to level before exiting the safezones. So it gave the impression that we always have our inventory since guns and money were everywhere due to glitches and hacks. 

Though I have to agree. I think that would be a nice idea since nothing can guarantee which server will be high or low on pop. If I spent a lot of time looting and built up my inventory for days and suddenly that server dropped to 0-5 ppl eternally then it wouldn't be cool. It would feel like I've wasted my time.

I have to admit that because the game is now clean and prestine from glitch abuse, that leveling up feels hard. I played 7 hours and been having a hard time even getting a functioning weapon because the health is either not enough or people KOS and then you have to restart all over again. Then just as I found my first Mach9, friends moved on to a different server and I had to go back there and restart all over again. So basically a night of dying to Nether because hard to find any good loot to defend self and not everyone wants to jump into PVP just yet. 

Is the money at least shared between servers? At least money could help for ammo and meds when switching servers and having to spend hours again looking for a good melee or gun parts. 

Though I must admit that at the same time it feels fair that everyone has to start over when switching servers so that people don't go around farming kills from server to server just because they have a big inventory. 

My stance on the subject remains neutral. 

Edited by V A C A N C Y

In the first version of Nether we had account / character persistance across all servers. This lasted from the initial release in 2013 until the game died. Nether:Resurreced didn't had this feature for its official servers but some communitys driven servers re-introduced this feature on their own by synchronising player data between their servers.

In my opinion Nether needs this persistance across its official servers. There are tons of good reasons why a player wants to play on a low-pop server on one day and on a high-pop server on another day. Persistance would make the game way more attractive to all returning and new players. This was part of the reasons why Nether:Resurrected failed so quickly - because all players were forced to restart the grind for the important account level bonusses (e.g. more GI space) on every single server they joined.

Account level progression is slow ... this takes a lot of hours until you get the really good bonuses (more health, more stash space, etc.). So ... players (we all are casual Nether players now) want to see some progress from every hour they invest in this game. And the rewards for the investment are the account level bonusses (more health, more GI space). But without persistence the majority of players wont ever see the higher tier bonuses. Because the grind for some money and stuff to craft even the cheap guns takes hours before you are actually ready for PvP - which was the driving force for long-term fun in that game.

Edited by SaltyLeon
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1