Sign in to follow this  
kaotikross

A few ideas, some may have been done before.

Crafting would be nice. So would hunting and foraging for food. The ability to "fort up" structures permanently(or tear up those fortifications)- (That would also encourage longer and more tactical PVP, increased banditry, stealing, etc..make for a lot of fun). Rideable horses, (very rare) and maybe really slow cows, (still rare but more common than horses+comedic value) available at farms. Got to feed and water them, and they can be attacked and killed. Specific zeds dropping specific items, like police drop nightsticks and maybe ammo or a pistol, firemen drop axes and helmets, etc. 
Improvised firearms with a lowered accuracy and limited use, but still better than nothing. Graveyards/mausoleums/funeral homes. I could go on and on. Love the game. 

Crafting and hunting are great ideas. For the longest time, I wished ISS and this game would have some sort of hunting feature. Especially in the recent survival update. We could hunt, cook and eat food to not only take care of hunger but also regenerate health. 

I love games with base building/fortifying, but I doubt this would ever make it to infestation. I think it would ruin a lot of the servers. People would have these obnoxious bases all over the map, plus they seem pointless seeing how you wouldn't need to store loot in there or anything. 

As for the improvised firearms I think they would be pointless on open world, but useful on survival. High end weapons are extremely easy to obtain and the majority of players would never use these improvised versions. Although on survival since the loot is completely different I think this could be a good addition. 

+1 for the rideable cows/horses. LOL

Good thinking on the bases. Maybe it could be 4+ players required to help build one? That would push community building, and also raiding parties rather than one guy. Those could draw zombies, too, both randoms and those drawn by the noise and activity. If any one person "leaves" the base to build another so there's less than 3 people, the rest would have 24 hours to find a replacement member or it slowly falls apart, due to lack of maintenance? That would be funny, watching it go from "fort" to "barely-standing hovel" to just plain gone. We'd see more warring like Alexandria Vs. The Saviors, and toss in a good horde or two.. :D

Edited by kaotikross