Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Discussion about Feedback list

Here you guys can talk and discuss about the overview and maybe bring new things up.

Let's work together to make the game modes great again!

• Thanks 1

I know this is dedicated to Survival, but I will try and suggest a general re-design of clan territories here.

To start up lets summarize the biggest problems of the flag system as it is currently working. The whole element is pretty dead outside of casual capturing when you happen to be bored. The big problem is that there is currently no reason to go for flags. Why is this? Well I have listed a few different things that all have an impact.

- The reward stinks. In general, 10% shield can be really neat when you actually have pvp. But the radius is way too small and usually you can not force pvp after capturing a flag anyways. The clan territory ranking thing is also lame af

- There are way too many flags. You dont need to compete for a flag if there is about 100 others to take for free.

- Capturing is about as un-fun as it can get. 10 Minutes of intens standing still.

- As soon as a flag capturing is contested, there is no chance to finish. You have to stand in that small circle, nowhere to hide and no way to withstand the attackers. You can not fight for flags. You either "steal" a flag uncontested or you dont stand a chance.

So as I am not just known for my high level of complaining, but also as a genius in making incredibly intelligent suggestions while looking extremely handsome, here is my Lauchboy-Deluxe Rework Extravaganza to solve the problems mentioned above:

To start off, lets cut down the number of flags significantly. I am thinking about 2  max for each map. I can also see a system in place where these flags rotate on a regular basis or spawn and despawn the way radiation does. The goal is to turn a clant territory into an objective. If a clan is holding a flag, you should be incentivized to go there and contest. So if there is only one flag per server, this is the place to go to. It will also make it impossible to get too many flags uncontested.

Also we need to think about a general re-design of the flag radius and capturing process. For this I have prepared a short example in the ridgeway airport.

5tEKK4j.jpg

The process of capturing

Currently you have to stand in the red circle for the entire capturing process. This is not just ridiculously unfun as there is nothing to du, but also makes you very vulnerable. You can`t hide and as soon as there is somebody arround, you are basically food. Those 10 minutes of pure waste are as boring and wasted as it can get. On the other hand 10 minutes of capturing is really not enough time for anybody to react and come to compete.

This is why I suggest increasing the circle to a size of approximately the green one while also increasing the capture time to 30 minutes. That is a long time, but at least you can move arround the area looting at least hiding. On one hand it will be more of an effort to capture a flag while being less boring and on the other hand it creates an opening for other players to actually come in and compete for the flag while not making it too easy as you can really hide and build your little stronghold.

After you captured the flag

This is also a vital point of the territory system.  as soon as you captured a flag and got the shield bonus, why should anybody come in and fight you? There is nothing to gain. There is then also no reason for the defending clan to stay, the flag gets abandoned and the party is over.

This is why the rewards have to be adapted and new rewards need to be added.

The defending clan:

- The shield bonus is fine. Never change a working line of code, Especially in newZ lul

- You could also gain an advantage in terms of farming when you stay inside your little clan empire. I am thinking about more experience or higher gains in reputation if you defend the area from baddies. Those bonuses could also increase over time. If you manage to hold your territory for the whole evening, you deserve a bigger reward

- an indication if enemies are approaching

The competition:

- You get an easy entrance to PvP, because the map shows you where a clan is waiting for you

- Why not give people a bonus when killing defenders. Double Rep, double GD is possible. 

- If you (and) your clan manage to de-throne the defending team, why not get another bonus and/or a global server announcement.   " ISP has just raided the clan territory of RWL7"

- by staying in the area of an enemy clan, you can disable all the bonuses on Xp and GD through zombies so the defenders have to actively search for you and hunt you down. 

The way to hold and take over teritories:

Right now you capture a flag and regardless of whats happening, it stay there for a certain time. This honestly just sucks. This is why I came up with a vital change that will encourage players to stay to defend and others to come and challenge.

As soon as a certain flag is captured, a timer appears. I suggest making it 10 minutes. If the timer is at zero, the flag is automatically back to neutral. As long as there are more defenderss in the area than other players, the timer is frozen. 

Additionally every kill the defending clan makes will increase the timer by a minute and every death will decrease it.

This is really important as you need to stay in the area of lets say ridgeway to keep your territory and it also kinda guarantees the other players that there is somebody in the area.  it also adds value to the battle for a territory as successfull defending will only increase the time you can hold the area. On the other side you can actually cleanse a clan territory without having to keep all the defenders out. all you need to do is kill them more often than they kill you and the timer will go down to zero even if they keep spawning back in.

This is my general concept, numbers of course can be adapted and discussed, but overall i think this could work pretty easily and finally turn territories into what they were intended to be from the getgo

Here is also a list of additional ideas that did not make it into the original concept, but are also interesting.

- A PvE element for the process of capturing. Maybe have zombies agro you from a far running to wards you while you capture a flag or maybe spawn a lot of zombies (maybe even a super) in the area so you have something to do.

- A global notofication when somebody started capturing a flag. This will help draw more people in and make it harder to "sneak" a flag

- Changes to the area so pvp in a territory becomes more balanced. Especially the airport hangars are a paradise for campers. maybe another entrance needs to be added somewhere in the back to make camping harder. Small map changes can enhance pvp even more.

- maybe a feature for defending clans to automatically spawn to your own territory so it is easyer to call for reinforcements.

- A ladder with "high scores" for time you held a territory or for kills within those areas instead of a simple "how many flags do you have" ranking

Please discuss with me you nerds,

Lauch. 

still here

still D.R.E

• Thanks 2

Good to hear that something is going to change finally. Sadly it is already too late since most of the players already left and majority of these "work in progress" ideas have been suggested by players for almost 2 years now. At least these few people who still play the game will have a reward for their patience - unless it wil end up being just another empty promise. R now I think that you should mainly focus on Nether since Iv seen multiple videos of OG players who cant wait to try it out - people are hyped ,don't waste this chance.

• Thanks 1

This is very good idea.Maybe your suggestion for clan teritories would be the key for more fun and more players will come back in game.Really clan territories need change. I think if there is big reward for holding the territories for long time , players will really try defend it , if reward is one wood  shield , no sense to die 10-20 times for that reward.And put cars back in game , now without cars we fight only in campos because is closest to save zone.Last year people had a choice where to fight , biggest pvp was in airport , i dont see so many players now in game who was fighting in airport.I think if new players in survival has a starting package with loot(i mean not much loot something like x5 or x10 helms , armors , scopes , meds ,guns , ammo)they can stay longer in game and will find how awesome game is , now they die 2-3 times without putting something in GI and just leave the game. There are so many things we can change but this is my point and who cares :D .Sorry for bad english

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:50 PM, SurZeus said:

Good to hear that something is going to change finally. Sadly it is already too late since most of the players already left and majority of these "work in progress" ideas have been suggested by players for almost 2 years now. At least these few people who still play the game will have a reward for their patience - unless it wil end up being just another empty promise. R now I think that you should mainly focus on Nether since Iv seen multiple videos of OG players who cant wait to try it out - people are hyped ,don't waste this chance.

It's never to late.

No one can really promise anything because everyone of us has a boss who tells us what to do. Right now I am just trying to change something in Survival because I personal don't enjoy it but I should since I liked rare weapon pvp sessions.

16 hours ago, norules90 said:

This is very good idea.Maybe your suggestion for clan teritories would be the key for more fun and more players will come back in game.Really clan territories need change. I think if there is big reward for holding the territories for long time , players will really try defend it , if reward is one wood  shield , no sense to die 10-20 times for that reward.And put cars back in game , now without cars we fight only in campos because is closest to save zone.Last year people had a choice where to fight , biggest pvp was in airport , i dont see so many players now in game who was fighting in airport.I think if new players in survival has a starting package with loot(i mean not much loot something like x5 or x10 helms , armors , scopes , meds ,guns , ammo)they can stay longer in game and will find how awesome game is , now they die 2-3 times without putting something in GI and just leave the game. There are so many things we can change but this is my point and who cares :D .Sorry for bad english

Yeah I really like his idea as well. I will try to bring this one up but yeah there needs to be something new for clan territories.