Sven

Welcome to Nether: The Untold Chapter

3 minutes ago, Aukubi said:

Awesome, looking forward to this keep up the good work

Welcome to the forums! :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GENETICZZ said:

I am down to play it. :)

Gonna be fun! More information coming very soon ;)

• Thanks 1

I did not like the original game as I think true survival is (just like true communism lol) a mith that can not be achieved and can not be sustainable fun.

Still I will give it a shot because it's you.

But please, I hope you understand our (I assume im not alone) fear that this might mean less attention to NewZ. The To-Do and Must-work-on List for NewZ is huge and I really can not see how you guys can handle the workload for both games. Please tell me you have hired at least 3-4 new developers, because otherwise I can not see how this can ever go well.

Lauch.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

I did not like the original game as I think true survival is (just like true communism lol) a mith that can not be achieved and can not be sustainable fun.

Still I will give it a shot because it's you.

But please, I hope you understand our (I assume im not alone) fear that this might mean less attention to NewZ. The To-Do and Must-work-on List for NewZ is huge and I really can not see how you guys can handle the workload for both games. Please tell me you have hired at least 3-4 new developers, because otherwise I can not see how this can ever go well.

Lauch.

We're still waiting on the "announcement" which should cover that concern in addition to other possible concerns and questions that might be had, but it has been mentioned in the Nether discord that they're waiting for that announcement. That being said, whatever feedback that can be provided by everyone can only help things in the long term for both titles.

15 hours ago, Midakos said:

Will there be Thais lagging all over the map as in Newz, completely destroying the gameplay?

That's the main question...

While I can't comment on NewZ's issues, Nether is an Unreal Engine 3 game. Movement, as janky as it was in areas, was smooth enough to where it didn't affect basic gameplay - it was moreso the environment that caused issues on top of bad animations, gunplay, etc. There's already a lengthy list in the bug report section of the Nether Discord that lists what those previous issues were.

1 hour ago, neoVIctrix said:

We're still waiting on the "announcement" which should cover that concern in addition to other possible concerns and questions that might be had, but it has been mentioned in the Nether discord that they're waiting for that announcement. That being said, whatever feedback that can be provided by everyone can only help things in the long term for both titles.

While I can't comment on NewZ's issues, Nether is an Unreal Engine 3 game. Movement, as janky as it was in areas, was smooth enough to where it didn't affect basic gameplay - it was moreso the environment that caused issues on top of bad animations, gunplay, etc. There's already a lengthy list in the bug report section of the Nether Discord that lists what those previous issues were.

Regarding your first point, yes.

Regarding your second point. Wouldn't take that too serious. In New Z we have a lot of people playing on the European servers that are from Thailand. Over the years we have made numerous attempts in things such as packet improvements, network improvements, ping limits, ping checks, all with the effort to "punish" the lagging player. The "Thais" more of became a meme in this story.  BTW; we even have servers in Asia yet they in some cases they still come around into the European servers..

Either way, Nether server structure works completely different and next to that it's a complete different game.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sven said:

Wouldn't take that too serious

Since the Thai Lagging problem is what actually killing, or killed NewZ, i would suggest taking this EXTREMELY seriously.

7 hours ago, Sven said:

packet improvements, network improvements, ping limits, ping checks, all with the effort to "punish" the lagging player

All these actions had so minimal results, not even worth commenting

7 hours ago, Sven said:

yet they in some cases they still come around into the European servers

In some cases? They only play in Europe or any other region (except the one they should be playing) that gives such a huge advantage, laggers dont like the game, they only like the godmode provided by their ping.

Without it, they would instantly quit.

Thats what happens if u dont support solid gameplay, player database keeps shrinking until...

Just being honest here, pay attention to what really matters for a healthy game development and mistakes of the past do not reoccur. 

Good Luck

8 hours ago, Midakos said:

Since the Thai Lagging problem is what actually killing, or killed NewZ, i would suggest taking this EXTREMELY seriously.

All these actions had so minimal results, not even worth commenting

In some cases? They only play in Europe or any other region (except the one they should be playing) that gives such a huge advantage, laggers dont like the game, they only like the godmode provided by their ping.

Without it, they would instantly quit.

Thats what happens if u dont support solid gameplay, player database keeps shrinking until...

Just being honest here, pay attention to what really matters for a healthy game development and mistakes of the past do not reoccur. 

Good Luck

UDK has a completely different network engine. NewZ's network is powered by RakNet, UDK has its own I believe.

Its simple and effective, if you lag in Nether, you will get rolled back, just like any UDK / UE4 game. Lagging does not improve your odds in such a system.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:22 AM, Fred said:

Lagging does not improve your odds in such a system.

Interesting know that. This explains all the problems in new z with players with lag.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, Sven said:

. Development for New Z will continue the same way as it's always been and we will for sure not stop developing and managing that game.

so more skins ?

On 3/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, BOOMTALITY said:

so more skins ?

Yeah that's why previous patch notes are 99% filled with new skins that took us 1000's of hours a week to make Kappa

I'm actually quite hyped about this, I really liked Nether... You guys saved Infestation, maybe you can save this game too, who knows.
Please just don't create different game modes, where you only care about the players in one game mode contra the other... Like Open World / Survival in NewZ. - Thank you.

• Thanks 1