Sign in to follow this  
420BlastOff

Why doesnt this game have a player base?

Hey Im new to the game only been playing a week now.  Why doesnt this game have a bigger player base? Seriously?  This game is awesome to me, the forests and graphic look good to me, the gameplay is fun and challenging, It's open world apocalyptic survival, so why is player count so low?  It would be nice to see some more players here, I mean I run into 5 ppl at the most on a server, usually 1 or 2 though.  This saddens me, as I find this game to be a very nice well developed game.  Great UI, no lag issues, servers are stable enough, I dont get it.  What can we do to bring more people into this game?  Has this game ever had a big player base? If so why did we lose it? I seriously love this game so far, and am sad there isnt enough players in survival to team up with or pvp with.  Pvp servers suck to me, everyone uses the same weapon combination, snipers.  Just snipers is no fun, I like the chase, the thrill of spraying, ambushing, ducking, hiding, etc... This game has so much potential I dont understand why no one really plays.

• Thanks 1

Hello Mr. 420BlastOff,

I am unable to figure out wether you are trolling or not. Either way I am glad you enjoy the current state of the game.

Many other really don't and thats why there is no players here. You can use your passion for the game and share the fun you are having with your friends. 

Maybe that will help.

If I were you, I'd play as much as I can for as long as a can, because NewZ definitely has an expiry date and we are approaching it with big steps.

Yours sincerely

Mr. Lauch del Roy

On 2/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, 420BlastOff said:

Hey Im new to the game only been playing a week now.  Why doesnt this game have a bigger player base? Seriously?  This game is awesome to me, the forests and graphic look good to me, the gameplay is fun and challenging, It's open world apocalyptic survival, so why is player count so low?  It would be nice to see some more players here, I mean I run into 5 ppl at the most on a server, usually 1 or 2 though.  This saddens me, as I find this game to be a very nice well developed game.  Great UI, no lag issues, servers are stable enough, I dont get it.  What can we do to bring more people into this game?  Has this game ever had a big player base? If so why did we lose it? I seriously love this game so far, and am sad there isnt enough players in survival to team up with or pvp with.  Pvp servers suck to me, everyone uses the same weapon combination, snipers.  Just snipers is no fun, I like the chase, the thrill of spraying, ambushing, ducking, hiding, etc... This game has so much potential I dont understand why no one really plays.

Basically the game economy is inflated and no have a goal. XP too.

There is no attractive navigate in the game outside the pvp.

Rare items, collect money, unique skins ...

All this is lost in keeping all the snipers the same, using money only to revive and many skins that no one uses.

Oregon map with nobody playing...

An item buying and selling system mentioned in this topic would renew the way the game works and bring a better balance of items in the game.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, Lauchboy said:

Hello Mr. 420BlastOff,

I am unable to figure out wether you are trolling or not. Either way I am glad you enjoy the current state of the game.

Yours sincerely

Mr. Lauch del Roy

Why do you mean trolling?

The Game Survival has several potential

To annul Survival would be sad

sincerely

Edited by miranda

It would be nice if you back up your claims with something called an argument.  putting reason and logic first when trying to convince somebody is an ancient method that seems to be forgotten somehow.

Why is there potential in survival?

What exactly do you think can make the NewZ Survival Mode better than others?

What is it that NewZ Survival has over relatable competition

Also keep in mind that there is good points that point in the opposite direction.

If the game has so much potential, why is the playerbase shrinking to a level below games that were published in the 90s?

If the game has so much potential, why is the whole genre of true survival factually dead and there is no game left that sustains players through the survival aspect?

How do you think can a team of 3-5 school boys ever adapt the survival mode so it can fulfill the potential you are talking about?

Yours Sincerely,

Lauch

P.S. If you could just type without changing the font, that would be nice and clean. ANd it would make you look less like an ape

Edited by Lauchboy

2 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

It would be nice if you back up your claims with something called an argument.  putting reason and logic first when trying to convince somebody is an ancient method that seems to be forgotten somehow.

Why is there potential in survival?

What exactly do you think can make the NewZ Survival Mode better than others?

What is it that NewZ Survival has over relatable competition

Also keep in mind that there is good points that point in the opposite direction.

If the game has so much potential, why is the playerbase shrinking to a level below games that were published in the 90s?

If the game has so much potential, why is the whole genre of true survival factually dead and there is no game left that sustains players through the survival aspect?

How do you think can a team of 3-5 school boys ever adapt the survival mode so it can fulfill the potential you are talking about?

Yours Sincerely,

Lauch

P.S. If you could just type without changing the font, that would be nice and clean. ANd it would make you look less like an ape

hello

Many players have good ideas, many ideas have been offered ...
But the game remained unchanged, also several scripts were taken out of the game ...

You can read that in the appropriate section of the forum

Forgive me, ish do not speak english, and Translator sometimes does not translate correctly

Best Regards

p.s. sorry for font and grammatik

Edited by miranda
  • Thanks 1

Hello, and I was referring to the north america player base, which is non existant almost.  I noticed later that the european player base isnt bad at all, and have been playing there mostly.  So no, its not as bad as I thought it was when I first started playing.  For NA server list when i first started all servers were 0 or 1 player, accept 1 that had 3 players.  I had not noticed you could change regions at that time, so to me it looked like it had no players. I have figured out the region change now, and have found more players to be in europe. 

Simply for me I like the game play, I think the design is nice, the game runs smooth for me no issues at all.  I like the scavenging aspect of the game, and the pvp aspect of the game, to me I love zombie apocalypse survival style games.  This game is very enjoyable to me because even though Dayz and other games are nice, I like this games pvp more, the open world, sneakiness aspect, its not the norm for the games I normally play,   It is different in a good way to me.  I'd hate to see this game shut down.  I personally like how the pvp system is, if you don't like it, or others don't like it, fine that's your opinion, but my opinion is it's a nice game, and it's fun as fuck.  I literally spend hours a day playing this, I don't much like the snipers and play pvp in AR only server for caliwood, but to me this game is one of the funner games I've played in a while.  I don't "need" to back up anything, it is my choice whether I feel like going into detail and sharing the aspects I like or dislike.  Of course there are aspects I dislike, just like with all games, but overall I think the game is fun and easy to fall into.

The survival is very challenging and I love a challenge.  It makes you really think about which stratigue is best, and it makes you really pay attention to your surroundings.  Late night with the lights off, with a doob of some fine herbal, and this game is really lit.  

Edited by 420BlastOff

On 3/19/2019 at 8:15 AM, Lauchboy said:

why is the whole genre of true survival factually dead and there is no game left that sustains players through the survival aspect?

Games with survive hard, plz?

16 hours ago, JKS said:

Games with survive hard, plz?

Name one game that had survival as core gameplay and still exists.

It seems like a nice idea. 

it is fun at first.

you will get bored after a few days, maybe weeks

you can not have that kind of game especially in a multiplayer/open world scenario. It does not work well with learning curves and skill differentials.

41 minutes ago, Lauchboy said:

Name one game that had survival as core gameplay and still exists.

It seems like a nice idea. 

it is fun at first.

you will get bored after a few days, maybe weeks

you can not have that kind of game especially in a multiplayer/open world scenario. It does not work well with learning curves and skill differentials.

I agree with ya there.  You need to have some sort of PVP aspect to the game, Survival is fun, but survival alone gets boring fast.  PVP is a must for me, and honestly I like this games pvp style, some servers you can get away with camping an area with a sniper, and other servers you have to be more hands on up close and personal.  Either way, there has to be pvp aspect to the game otherwise people would get tired of doing the same repetitive actions over and over without being able to put any of the stuff they find to good use.

3 hours ago, 420BlastOff said:

I agree with ya there.  You need to have some sort of PVP aspect to the game, Survival is fun, but survival alone gets boring fast.  PVP is a must for me, and honestly I like this games pvp style, some servers you can get away with camping an area with a sniper, and other servers you have to be more hands on up close and personal.  Either way, there has to be pvp aspect to the game otherwise people would get tired of doing the same repetitive actions over and over without being able to put any of the stuff they find to good use.

But the idea not is end with pvp but improve the drop to value items like sniper or heavy armor, for the game have more than easy drop+pvp. 

We have the easy drop now and the game is destroyed. Trading no have player selling itens, only skins and 20~~30 player on. 

The rain off snipers is a stupid ideia, please this make the game go to end fast. We try this stupid mode a loot of time. 

A mix with rare itens and great pvp for zones or itens are the best. 

53 minutes ago, JKS said:

But the idea not is end with pvp but improve the drop to value items like sniper or heavy armor, for the game have more than easy drop+pvp. 

We have the easy drop now and the game is destroyed. Trading no have player selling itens, only skins and 20~~30 player on. 

The rain off snipers is a stupid ideia, please this make the game go to end fast. We try this stupid mode a loot of time. 

A mix with rare itens and great pvp for zones or itens are the best. 

Honestly I think snipers ruin pvp, I would like to see a colorado server that is AR/shotguns only or AR only, like the cali wood server AR only.  I think AR only makes pvp more up close and personal, it really tests your skills more than just someone sitting down with a sniper eating donuts until someone runs by...that is not pvp, and is sad but true.  I think we need another AR server, one for colorado.

• Thinking 1

Hello

To bring more momentum into the game:
e.g. why is it necessary for "exchange" safe zone?
leave "exchange" in other place (not in safe zone)
...make 2 or 3 "exchange" if players would

You can read this and other ideas (from
GrimesJR RIpper1403 and other players) in the survival>General> ideas section:

Radiation Zone was good, but the game needs more scripts to get interesting and Hard

Best Regards

Edited by miranda

22 hours ago, 420BlastOff said:

Honestly I think snipers ruin pvp, I would like to see a colorado server that is AR/shotguns only or AR only, like the cali wood server AR only.  I think AR only makes pvp more up close and personal, it really tests your skills more than just someone sitting down with a sniper eating donuts until someone runs by...that is not pvp, and is sad but true.  I think we need another AR server, one for colorado.

Rare snipers at hight bullet drop and dificult control. A sniper should be no have a chance versus rifle at 100m

Edited by JKS