GrimesJR

Weapons and storage idea

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I´ve been thinking a couple of ideas and would like to share hoping some of this help improving the game.

1. Melee weapons: It would be interesting to add (if game engine allows it) a chance of critical hit as well as a breaking index. For example, when using a katana or a machete there´s a little chance you kill the zombie in just one hit (having decapitations would be awesome if possible). This critical hit index would depend on each weapon, just like in real life you have small chances of killing a man in one hit with a small wrench but higher chances of doing it in one hit with a fireman axe. The breaking/degradation index would work the same way, you hit a head and your cricket bat or your golf cub has a chance of breaking so you have to punch heads untill finding a new melee. This could add adrenaline at looting time 😉
  2. Fire weapons: Just adding a small chance to weapon jam, so you have to reload it to keep shooting (excuse my english, I mean Jam when a bullet gets stucked un the clip). This could also make your adrenaline flow haha
  3. Backpacks and armor: My idea here is simple (dont know if game engine allows this): You should be able to walk without a backpack, of course the amount of items carried would be only 6 (the 6 items of the quick access) because you have primary and secondary weapons and your pockets to carry a few things. Max heavy items resistance would be really low. Same idea could be used with some armors, the one with pockets (light and medium armor). When using a light armor, you have extra 4 slots to carry things and increase in 5 the weight limit. Just like with backpacks, you can´t remove your armor if you have items in the slots. Heavy armor will increase in 8 the slots and extra 10 in weight limit. IBA, MTV, custom vest and reinforced armor won´t add extra slots but the protection will be higher so you can choose to be a looter with big backpacks plus a medium armor or a PVPeer with a smaller backpack (to stay hidden) and a reinforced armor.

If you like any idea, I would love to explain better. Even could write a chart on how i think stats of damage / critical hit / braking hit would be fair and real for each mele.

Hoping to receive your oppinion about this, thanks a lot for reading!

Old WarZ already had an existing Durability System in Place. I was a mess in terms of GI management and brought nothing but annoyance. 

We have to face that NewZ is not a Survival game that aims for realistic gameplay. It is a open world PvP "Loot & Shoot" and competitive games usually dont need a) randomness and b) annoying tasks (like durability and staying aware of it)

The Zombie Survival Genre is dead and all thats left is nostalgia

• Thanks 2

I partly agree, it will mess up things. The great advantage actual WarZ has, its the three game modes. You could have an open world for young players where PVP is main goal and the survival mode for old harcore players who love inmersive gaming. Dont know if all the community want this but its always good to share ideas and colaborate to make a game as enjoyable as possible 😃

On 2/4/2019 at 8:26 PM, GrimesJR said:

Hello! I´ve been thinking a couple of ideas and would like to share hoping some of this help improving the game.

1. Melee weapons: It would be interesting to add (if game engine allows it) a chance of critical hit as well as a breaking index. For example, when using a katana or a machete there´s a little chance you kill the zombie in just one hit (having decapitations would be awesome if possible). This critical hit index would depend on each weapon, just like in real life you have small chances of killing a man in one hit with a small wrench but higher chances of doing it in one hit with a fireman axe. The breaking/degradation index would work the same way, you hit a head and your cricket bat or your golf cub has a chance of breaking so you have to punch heads untill finding a new melee. This could add adrenaline at looting time 😉
  2. Fire weapons: Just adding a small chance to weapon jam, so you have to reload it to keep shooting (excuse my english, I mean Jam when a bullet gets stucked un the clip). This could also make your adrenaline flow haha
  3. Backpacks and armor: My idea here is simple (dont know if game engine allows this): You should be able to walk without a backpack, of course the amount of items carried would be only 6 (the 6 items of the quick access) because you have primary and secondary weapons and your pockets to carry a few things. Max heavy items resistance would be really low. Same idea could be used with some armors, the one with pockets (light and medium armor). When using a light armor, you have extra 4 slots to carry things and increase in 5 the weight limit. Just like with backpacks, you can´t remove your armor if you have items in the slots. Heavy armor will increase in 8 the slots and extra 10 in weight limit. IBA, MTV, custom vest and reinforced armor won´t add extra slots but the protection will be higher so you can choose to be a looter with big backpacks plus a medium armor or a PVPeer with a smaller backpack (to stay hidden) and a reinforced armor.

If you like any idea, I would love to explain better. Even could write a chart on how i think stats of damage / critical hit / braking hit would be fair and real for each mele.

Hoping to receive your oppinion about this, thanks a lot for reading!

Hello

Interesting ideas, but I think this is a bit complicated for Programer, but it still needs to be repaired by the radiation(is too short), cars(transport), Indicators(Right on Diplay) and other bugs.
As we've talked about previous topic 

:)

Best Regards

Edited by miranda
  • Thanks 1