SurZeus

FIX the lockerss part 2

7 posts in this topic

Ok so its been a while since i made my first thread about "how broken the lockers are".

Looks like Devs did something and actually increased the radius within lockers can be placed next to each other.

Yet this still is not changing anything at all because there are hundreds of lockers placed around the map already. And this update did nothing to these.

2nd thing is that lockers are still blocking the damage and are making people who are hiding in/behind them not vulnerable at all. 

The solution is:

1.Make the bullets do the actual damage.

2.Made lockers transparent so people can't hide anymore.

Edited by SurZeus

Hey!

Great you could actually provide video straight away. That helps a lot!

Either way, to instantly counter your point, let me quote something from patch 2.28:

Players can no longer place lockers right next to / inside each other. Lockers have a 2 meter radius around now where no other lockers can be placed. This is done to prevent all the abuse and issues players have been reporting recently. This is for all game-modes so also in Survival.

^ Have you tried this?

The first thing you pointed out is basically "fixed" in that terms as players can't place lockers so close to each other anymore.

I hope you understand that we can't just make lockers transparant / invisible.. Either way, the part about that players apparently don't do damage while shooting through them is definitively an issue that has to get fixed. I'll look into it!

Best Regards,

Sven

4 hours ago, Sven said:

Hey!

Great you could actually provide video straight away. That helps a lot!

Either way, to instantly counter your point, let me quote something from patch 2.28:

^ Have you tried this?

The first thing you pointed out is basically "fixed" in that terms as players can't place lockers so close to each other anymore.

I hope you understand that we can't just make lockers transparant / invisible.. Either way, the part about that players apparently don't do damage while shooting through them is definitively an issue that has to get fixed. I'll look into it!

Best Regards,

Sven

As i said. I noticed the update yet this doesn't help with the lockers that are were placed before the patch right?

7 hours ago, SurZeus said:

As i said. I noticed the update yet this doesn't help with the lockers that are were placed before the patch right?

True.

Let's see if something changes. Lockers could always de spawn. If that doesn't happen we could always do a map wipe. Of course this will be announced long before that would happen ;)

Either way just wanted to update you regarding the "not doing damage through these lockers part". I have fixed this for patch 2.29.

Best Regards,

Sven

What if we would just add physicx back to these lockers? What would happen? Good / Bad? Any opinions?

Nice :D

And about the physicx:

Its bad because: 

1.People can use them as a cover.

2.Lockers can block access to some places.

3.People can use them as a "sandbag" and just camp behind the fence - its already hard enough to push people on survival.