Sven

Survival: Vote on the clan system

Survival: Vote on the clan system  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want clans enabled in the Survival game-mode?

218 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Egoist said:

Yes +  add Clan Territory  

Well, i can be wrong about what i'm about to say, but...you guys should check it out about when a person or a clan is contesting a point, because as far as i know...when they die at the contesting point flag, the 'body' continues to contest the point until it spawns somewhere else again, or quit. So, after dying, if you choose to click at the last second, you'd continue to contest the point for almost 2 min. Could you just check and confirm, just to be sure that dead boddys doesn't continue to contest the points?

16 minutes ago, IamBananaJoe said:

Max. 5 people of a clan should be able to join the server.

Good point.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, IamBananaJoe said:

Disagree!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, IamBananaJoe said:

Agreed!

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, COMBO said:

Unless, we could join another 5 in other group.

That's a good point actually! If the clan limit is 5 the group limit should be 5 too. Makes sense ;)

• Thanks 1

i think the clan limit should be  >20, but join a server together should respect server config, 3 or 5 ppl

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IamBananaJoe said:

51 minutes ago, COMBO said:

Unless, we could join another 5 in other group.

I dont think thats any different from the group system there is now. 

And what if another clan member wants to join the same server but he just wants to loot in totally different place?

• Thanks 1

This creates a conflict... Say there can be 20 players in a clan. But you can only play with 5 clan members at the time, that means only 5 purple clan tags can appear at the same time, even if there's more than 5 clan members on the server... So how would it be decided to whom get to see the clan tag on who? - For this you would decide who gets the clan tag before joining right? That would end up being the exact same thing as a group, only that the tag is purple. But here's my thought on this; I don't think these purple clan tags matters at all in Survival mode, so I think you guys can easily forget about those, because that's not the main reason to why we want a clan system, no, we want it for everything else that's below the "surface" (if you catch my drif). The competition, the team spirit, the statistics, the event possibilities... etc. Those are the things that matters. The only "vissual" aspects of the clan system that we need, is appearance of the clan tag when aiming at someone, and perhaps clan skins... OW has it, can't see why we can't have it.

**Edit:
- This way the amount of people in a clan won't matter.

Edited by Kjer
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kjer said:

This creates a conflict... Say there can be 20 players in a clan. But you can only play with 5 clan members at the time, that means only 5 purple clan tags can appear at the same time, even if there's more than 5 clan members on the server... So how would it be decided to whom get to see the clan tag on who? - For this you would decide who gets the clan tag before joining right? That would end up being the exact same thing as a group, only that the tag is purple. But here's my thought on this; I don't think these purple clan tags matters at all in Survival mode, so I think you guys can easily forget about those, because that's not the main reason to why we want a clan system, no, we want it for everything else that's below the "surface" (if you catch my drif). The competition, the team spirit, the statistics, the event possibilities... etc. Those are the things that matters. The only "vissual" aspects of the clan system that we need, is appearance of the clan tag when aiming at someone, and perhaps clan skins... OW has it, can't see why we can't have it.

**Edit:
- This way the amount of people in a clan won't matter.

Just so you know but I think you're over complicating this. It's simple. Clan limit is 5 that means that only 5 people of that clan can join that server. The 6th won't be able unless one of the 5 logs out.

31 minutes ago, Arowsky said:

I dont think thats any different from the group system there is now. 

And what if another clan member wants to join the same server but he just wants to loot in totally different place?

To be honest I rather have that one clan member have to either leave the clan or play on a different server than having no clan limit or a crazy high clan limit :P

Inb4 complaints about huge clans incoming. xD

Edit: i see your issue though but hope you can see it from the other perspective as well.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sven said:

Just so you know but I think you're over complicating this. It's simple. Clan limit is 5 that means that only 5 people of that clan can join that server. The 6th won't be able unless one of the 5 logs out.

To be honest I rather have that one clan member have to either leave the clan or play on a different server than having no clan limit or a crazy high clan limit :P

Edit: i see your issue though but hope you can see it from the other perspective as well.

I can and thats what Im doing. 

If you dont wanna exceed the clan limit on the server, then you should not add it at all. This game is meant to be played in a group and what if that 6th guy can have the same fun that his clanmates do. I mean that it will cause a lot of troubles and unnecessary arguments inside the clan, because who gets to decide who can join and who can not. There have always been groups bigger than 5, there are now and there will always be, thats how this game works. STARS will always play in big groups, same with thais or philipinos. If they cant play in the clan, they will just not make one and play without it, in a group. So whats the point of having clans then? 

All im saying its gonna be no different than the group system.

EDIT: From what i remember, one of the biggest issues with adding clans to the game was that solo players will not have a chance. Since the groups are limited to 5, it doesnt make any difference for them (and there are barely any solo pvp players). So instead of making people leave the clan or play another server, then maybe we should make solo players leave and play on another server.

Edited by Arowsky

-1 for limits because you will just make people mad. Because half of your survival  playerbase wont be able to join the server based on what you are saying Sven. And they will need to leave clan in order to play. 0 sense.

By doing limits and restrictions you will force people to leave survival because they wont be able to join their team mates or as Kjer said - join hte server to trade,farm, pvp away form the clan.

50 minutes ago, Sven said:

26 minutes ago, SurZeus said:

-1 for limits because you will just make people mad. Because half of your survival  playerbase wont be able to join the server based on what you are saying Sven. And they will need to leave clan in order to play. 0 sense.

@SvenI hope it ain't too much to ask for, to read these... I just had this conversation with @Arowsky, and I think it explain my deeper thoughts a bit better.
Like SurZeus said, as much as I like the 5-man clan limit myself, I don't think it will hold up in the "public court" (so-to-speak). My initial idea with this, is to find a way that it doesn't matter how many clan members there can be in a clan, but still gives all the benifits of having one.

LbJ46i6.png
ZA7yvzd.png

Edited by Kjer

disagree the clanlimit option!

Give us back the old ISS feeling ! 

Edited by Dr4g0on
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1