Jump to content
SurZeus

The Big Merge and Facts

Recommended Posts

Honestly, this is a freaking awesome idea. I would love to see it happening. I stopped playing a while ago because of lack of interest in survival from the dev side, but if this happened, i would be back instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a good idea, but i think they are afraid to try something like that.

Edit: You can wipe all my weapons, i dont care :P Just want the good old times back <3 

Edited by Freddy D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean they still would be able to snipe as they used to. All the need are snipers and Legacy mode is all about colorado/cali etc. So i don't see any problems here. People still will be able to snipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

huge ++

 

merge open world and survival and kinda make it balanced for both and make pvp servers another gamemode, maybe where u can buy ARs with an extra GI from the market or smth like dat

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GENETICZZ said:

huge ++

 

merge open world and survival and kinda make it balanced for both and make pvp servers another gamemode, maybe where u can buy ARs with an extra GI from the market or smth like dat

Yeah was thinking about that too :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Post EVER made to save that Game! I totally agree and I hope they bring it back! :) Hopefully one of the Devs is checking that out! Would be some work for them but it is not possible! You should work as a DEV, like cmon.. The best "Game creator and Game changer are old WarZ/Iss People, right?" ofc are our devs awesome but he would do a great Job aswell! :)

@Sven @Fredaikis @Steve Ecke

Edited by Keymbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree. The only thing I'd change is that I'd like a complete wipe.

Another thing is, how would you handle characters? Maybe I misunderstood you, but do you intend to have a single set of characters for both PvP maps and normal maps? How would you handle XP and stats? I'm not talking about the conversion from old (OW/Survival) characters here, but about a character created after a merger of the game modes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Character Merging Explanation

Let say that you have 3 characters in Current Open World game mode (3 of 5).

1.named Bob with 200xp,500 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp,5000k rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp,600 rep

And then after the big merge, after you login to the game you will have these 3x characters full transferred to the PvP Maps game mode, and 3 transferred to the legacy mode without reputation.

 

1.named Bob with 200xp, 0 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp, 0 rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp, 0 rep

So at the end you would have 3 characters out of 5 on PvP maps mode, and 3 out of 5 in the legacy mode. So you can still create 4 more characters , 2 per game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SurZeus said:

Character Merging Explanation

Let say that you have 3 characters in Current Open World game mode (3 of 5).

1.named Bob with 200xp,500 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp,5000k rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp,600 rep

And then after the big merge, after you login to the game you will have these 3x characters full transferred to the PvP Maps game mode, and 3 transferred to the legacy mode without reputation.

 

1.named Bob with 200xp, 0 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp, 0 rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp, 0 rep

So at the end you would have 3 characters out of 5 on PvP maps mode, and 3 out of 5 in the legacy mode. So you can still create 4 more characters , 2 per game mode.

Understood. So, in the end you're suggesting two different game modes, one legacy, and one PvP maps, with the only inventory connection being the choice of where to transfer your pre-merge inventory, right?

I think this would fix a lot of problems. Great idea, but I misunderstood what you suggested in the beginning. Like this I feel like its great

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep thats what i meant. I realy don't think that the wipe is good idea because in the end people, including me had spent money and their time to fill their GI's. It wouldn't be fair thats why i suggested transferring items with ex 10:1 ratio etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SurZeus said:

Yep thats what i meant. I realy don't think that the wipe is good idea because in the end people, including me had spent money and their time to fill their GI's. It wouldn't be fair thats why i suggested transferring items with ex 10:1 ratio etc.

I think 10:1 might be a little too much. I think it's just too easy to farm in OW, considering there are TONS of weapons, even snipers and you aren't even required to go a safezone to move items to the GI. I had no problem finding quite a few snipers in just a few hours of time, and a 10:1 ratio might still be a lot quicker on OW for very rare items like snipers I feel like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SurZeus said:

Yeah 2 days ago friend found like 10 mausers/svd after single run in Norad (Open World) so i guess its realy not a big deal.

Yep, that's what I mean. It takes a lot less time to get 10 very rare items than to find a single one in survival, so 10:1 might be a little unbalanced in favor of OW inventories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though your idea is pretty solid and well thought, you have to also look at facts. 

Go to any Open World servers. All the servers are full of full-geared people. Forcing them out from it and forcing them into Survival-style mode is literally going to make those quit, hence that pleasing the current Survival players (a part of the players will be ok and accepting of the merge), but the game itself will lower in pop even more. 

You have to understand, and we know this from the past and you should too, since you're one of those who have hopped around a lot of Infestation games. 

FORCING A CHANGE like this to all players always had horrible effects for us (Sniper Wipe, GI Wipe, Rep Wipe). 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SurZeus said:

What are the benefits and the final outcome of this phenomen?

 

Balanced PvP = no more SnP only experience - Ar players would be valuable again

Snipers would become something special, something worth looting, fighting for

Loot would be balanced -

Legacy Mode would be just like the old ISS.

Players would come back

Both Survival and Open World players would be satisfied and would have a choice and a compensation.

The line I marked as bold just proves your theory's flaw: If that were the case, there would be MUCH MUCH more returning players to Survival than there currently is. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

 All the servers are full of full-geared people. Forcing them out from it and forcing them into Survival-style mode is literally going to make those quit,

 

1.They stil will be able to go full gear - and the reason why they are going full gear in the first place all the time is not realy because they WANT TO but because they CAN. And why is that so? Because everything on open world is so common that you always will go full gear - so why not youse it?. Whats the point of running bambie when you have 10k heavy armors in your GI? This is the matter of adapting to the environment.

On "Legacy Mode" you still will be able to run full gear as much as you want to unless you have gear. Same goes with Open World - no looting,no gear. The difference is that AR'S would become usable again. People who want to snipe still will be able to do it. As long as they have gear. Its goes both ways for both modes.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...