SurZeus

The Big Merge and Facts

Hello !

Because I believe that the day when  Infestation The NewZ falls is just a matter of time I decided - as a huge fan of this game, veteran, top 2 in Survival Reputation, and a simply a dude who played 90% of previous versions including Infestation Survivor Stories aka WarZ, ISS:Th, ISS:W, InfectZ, DaD and many others I decided to make this post about the last and the only  hope for this game which I believe is the idea shown bellow.

First part of my topic is made of Facts and then the other one is dedicated to my "Big Merge"  idea.

You can disagree with my ideas, you can comment,  share your feelings but please for god sake try to be mature.

Here we go!

The Facts:

1. Player count is dropping.

People are leaving

There are many reasons including bugs, lack of interesting events, different feelings about development and many others.

And I'm fully aware that there are people who play NewZ outside steam using the launcher  but this still gives us around 1,5 - 2k players a month.

And around 1k players daily which are splitted into 4 different game modes which are:

Open World

Survival

PvP Maps

Battle Royale 

and there is a 5th one (coming soon)  called the Competitive which will divide player base even more.

M6ON5Tg.png

2. Open World is Sniper Only

By Open World I mean Colorado, Caliwood and Oregon which are pure sniper based PvP where AR players has no impact on PvP at all (on spawn duels do not count as proper encounters).

In most of the previous incarnations of Infestation including the original one,  Assault Rifles had a big impact on the PvP due to rarity of Sniper Rifles.

Currently AR's are used only as a tertiary (not even secondary) weapons lying at the bottom of inventory.  Current PvP is all about sniping from long range and if it ever comes to a close encounter its always solved with body shot + mele/pistol or hs.  Ar's are barely being used.

So the conclusion is: Snipers are 99% of the PvP, Ars has 0 usage and loot in Open World has 0 Value (talking about single-run loadout);

Proof that Open World loot has 0 value compared to Survival one:

Here I'v made this  comparison of load outs  from different Game Modes.

5xDkNbT.png

So for 1 Survival Load out you can buy 41+ Open World sets. Pretty big difference isn't it?

THE IDEA OF THE

"BIG MERGE"

So called "Big Merge" would be some sort of a historical phenomen in the NewZ.

The idea is to merge Survival Game Mode with Open World  with keeping benefits of both game modes and making a balance between these two.

Open World + Survival = Legacy Mode - lets use this term for further discussion.

Let's assume that Open World and PvP Maps aka PvP Servers are 2 different Worlds.

So the idea comes to:

• Balancing the loot - keeping items rare and valuable
  • Separating Open World from PvP maps and making from these 2 separate Game Modes with separate Global Inventories, skill tress and of course characters  and then:

- *All currently existing characters would be duplicated :

Legacy Mode Characters would have the exact same amount of XP but the Epic line would be gone.

Legacy Mode  reputation would be completely wiped/reduced  - Fresh Start

*Legacy Mode inventories would be converted and players would get the choice to choose:

if they want their Gi's to go 1:1 to PvP Maps or If they want to convert these to Legacy Mode:

If they choose to convert it to Legacy Mode: All snipers would get wiped or converted: You had 10k Mausers on Open world? You will have 100 on  Legacy Mode.

Same goes with all the other items based on the current community prices and here is the example:

1 imitar on Open World =5k  1 imitar on Survival = 50k

So if you had 100 imitars on Open World you will have 10 on Legacy Mode

I think that wipe isn't the solution since both Survival and Open World players worked hard/paid a lot get their current inventories.

* PvP maps  characters would remain untouched.

What are the benefits and the final outcome of this phenomen?

Balanced PvP = no more SnP only experience - Ar players would be valuable again

Snipers would become something special, something worth looting, fighting for

Loot would be balanced -

Legacy Mode would be just like the old ISS.

Players would come back

Both Survival and Open World players would be satisfied and would have a choice and a compensation.

Why did Infestation Survivor Stories die?

1.Cheaters - WarZ never had any good shield against the  cheaters - NewZ, thanks to Fredaikis has it.

2. Some people in old DEV team made awful decisions and this resulted in undeserved bans - currently we have Silenterror, Fredaikis, Svena and many others who are taking care of different things and are trying their best to make players happy. Even if the results are not always as we want and there are players hating on them - they continue on doing their jobs.

Now all we need is this one good decision. Something that will turn the fate of our game upside down and return it's greatness.

Thats all from me.

Feel free to comment.

Edited by SurZeus
  • Thanks 4

Honestly, this is a freaking awesome idea. I would love to see it happening. I stopped playing a while ago because of lack of interest in survival from the dev side, but if this happened, i would be back instantly.

Its a good idea, but i think they are afraid to try something like that.

Edit: You can wipe all my weapons, i dont care :P Just want the good old times back <3 

Edited by Freddy D

I mean they still would be able to snipe as they used to. All the need are snipers and Legacy mode is all about colorado/cali etc. So i don't see any problems here. People still will be able to snipe.

1 minute ago, GENETICZZ said:

huge ++

merge open world and survival and kinda make it balanced for both and make pvp servers another gamemode, maybe where u can buy ARs with an extra GI from the market or smth like dat

Yeah was thinking about that too :D

Best Post EVER made to save that Game! I totally agree and I hope they bring it back! :) Hopefully one of the Devs is checking that out! Would be some work for them but it is not possible! You should work as a DEV, like cmon.. The best "Game creator and Game changer are old WarZ/Iss People, right?" ofc are our devs awesome but he would do a great Job aswell! :)

@Sven @Fredaikis @Steve Ecke

Edited by Keymbo

Totally agree. The only thing I'd change is that I'd like a complete wipe.

Another thing is, how would you handle characters? Maybe I misunderstood you, but do you intend to have a single set of characters for both PvP maps and normal maps? How would you handle XP and stats? I'm not talking about the conversion from old (OW/Survival) characters here, but about a character created after a merger of the game modes.

Character Merging Explanation

Let say that you have 3 characters in Current Open World game mode (3 of 5).

1.named Bob with 200xp,500 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp,5000k rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp,600 rep

And then after the big merge, after you login to the game you will have these 3x characters full transferred to the PvP Maps game mode, and 3 transferred to the legacy mode without reputation.

1.named Bob with 200xp, 0 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp, 0 rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp, 0 rep

So at the end you would have 3 characters out of 5 on PvP maps mode, and 3 out of 5 in the legacy mode. So you can still create 4 more characters , 2 per game mode.

Just now, SurZeus said:

Character Merging Explanation

Let say that you have 3 characters in Current Open World game mode (3 of 5).

1.named Bob with 200xp,500 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp,5000k rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp,600 rep

And then after the big merge, after you login to the game you will have these 3x characters full transferred to the PvP Maps game mode, and 3 transferred to the legacy mode without reputation.

1.named Bob with 200xp, 0 rep

2.named Tom with 300xp, 0 rep

3.named Kowalsy 400xp, 0 rep

So at the end you would have 3 characters out of 5 on PvP maps mode, and 3 out of 5 in the legacy mode. So you can still create 4 more characters , 2 per game mode.

Understood. So, in the end you're suggesting two different game modes, one legacy, and one PvP maps, with the only inventory connection being the choice of where to transfer your pre-merge inventory, right?

I think this would fix a lot of problems. Great idea, but I misunderstood what you suggested in the beginning. Like this I feel like its great

• Thanks 1

Yep thats what i meant. I realy don't think that the wipe is good idea because in the end people, including me had spent money and their time to fill their GI's. It wouldn't be fair thats why i suggested transferring items with ex 10:1 ratio etc.

Just now, SurZeus said:

Yep thats what i meant. I realy don't think that the wipe is good idea because in the end people, including me had spent money and their time to fill their GI's. It wouldn't be fair thats why i suggested transferring items with ex 10:1 ratio etc.

I think 10:1 might be a little too much. I think it's just too easy to farm in OW, considering there are TONS of weapons, even snipers and you aren't even required to go a safezone to move items to the GI. I had no problem finding quite a few snipers in just a few hours of time, and a 10:1 ratio might still be a lot quicker on OW for very rare items like snipers I feel like.

4 minutes ago, SurZeus said:

Yeah 2 days ago friend found like 10 mausers/svd after single run in Norad (Open World) so i guess its realy not a big deal.

Yep, that's what I mean. It takes a lot less time to get 10 very rare items than to find a single one in survival, so 10:1 might be a little unbalanced in favor of OW inventories

Though your idea is pretty solid and well thought, you have to also look at facts. 

Go to any Open World servers. All the servers are full of full-geared people. Forcing them out from it and forcing them into Survival-style mode is literally going to make those quit, hence that pleasing the current Survival players (a part of the players will be ok and accepting of the merge), but the game itself will lower in pop even more. 

You have to understand, and we know this from the past and you should too, since you're one of those who have hopped around a lot of Infestation games. 

FORCING A CHANGE like this to all players always had horrible effects for us (Sniper Wipe, GI Wipe, Rep Wipe). 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, SurZeus said:

What are the benefits and the final outcome of this phenomen?

Balanced PvP = no more SnP only experience - Ar players would be valuable again

Snipers would become something special, something worth looting, fighting for

Loot would be balanced -

Legacy Mode would be just like the old ISS.

Players would come back

Both Survival and Open World players would be satisfied and would have a choice and a compensation.

The line I marked as bold just proves your theory's flaw: If that were the case, there would be MUCH MUCH more returning players to Survival than there currently is. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

All the servers are full of full-geared people. Forcing them out from it and forcing them into Survival-style mode is literally going to make those quit,

1.They stil will be able to go full gear - and the reason why they are going full gear in the first place all the time is not realy because they WANT TO but because they CAN. And why is that so? Because everything on open world is so common that you always will go full gear - so why not youse it?. Whats the point of running bambie when you have 10k heavy armors in your GI? This is the matter of adapting to the environment.

On "Legacy Mode" you still will be able to run full gear as much as you want to unless you have gear. Same goes with Open World - no looting,no gear. The difference is that AR'S would become usable again. People who want to snipe still will be able to do it. As long as they have gear. Its goes both ways for both modes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1