Jump to content
Katryna247

I am NOT a SIR!

Recommended Posts

************RANTING***********

Why, WHY is it that when you are a female, playing a FEMALE character, you go into the trade lounge and get called Sir? I know that some players are male and play female characters, and some females also play male characters, and that is fine by me; BUT I am a female, who plays a female character, with a female name...NOTHING about that is "Sir"! It just gets really annoying after a while continuously being called Sir. Lately it has got to the point that if I get called Sir at any time during a trade deal, I will automatically decline the offer regardless of how good it may have been; simply based on principal. I am NOT a man! I know that players are trying to be respectful, but not everyone that plays the game is male. Something players need to consider before automatically calling someone (especially when their character is female) Sir.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is an annoying habit that is caused by what you said yourself... Male players with female characters and female names. 

Though there is a huge part of the gaming community that are female, people still think it's a great majority of men. 

I have made this mistake before and nowadays I restrain myself from using any words that would indicate gender.

Unfortunately people will always assume you're a guy unless told otherwise. Even in some cases (I've seen this on a girl's stream) you may type you're not a guy, but instead of saying "Okay, sorry about that!" they'll just QUESTION and DOUBT you. 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because thats the most common thai words. Those ret... *not so smart guys* are using this word in every sentence, it has become a meme already in this game. They think they are polite and kind when using this word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Juigeh said:

¬†No need to take offense from it.ÔĽŅ

I am offended because I am NOT a Sir!!!!!! I am rather certain you would be offended if people called you the opposite gender description every time you talked with them! 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Katryna247 said:

WOW! After reading my post, for being an official partner you are really making yourself look bad.

I'm not anymore :/

 

Edited by FlowZ
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Unfortunately people will always assume you're a guy unless told otherwise. Even in some cases (I've seen this on a girl's stream) you may type you're not a guy, but instead of saying "Okay, sorry about that!" they'll just QUESTION and DOUBT you. 

Thanks ElChupacabra. Sad, but like I said, if I get called Sir at any time during a trade, regardless of how good it may be, I simply cancel it. Their loss, because of their stupidity. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GENETICZZ said:

why do you have too take it so serious? just ignore it/make fun of it

First of all my post is a rant. Secondly, I take it/meme serious because I am NOT a man!!! I do NOT like being called SIR, nor do I like being badgered by memes that are offensive to females in general.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GENETICZZ said:

"Sir" isn't, in any way, an offensive meme against females. 

sir

/s…ôr/

noun

used as a polite or respectful way of addressing a man, especially one in a position of authority.

"excuse me, sir"

used to address a man at the beginning of a formal or business letter.

"Dear Sir

 

YES this IS OFFENSIVE! I am NOT A MAN!!!!! WOMEN DO NOT WANT TO BE CALLED SIR!  Also, how would all the male players like to be addressed as Mam, or Miss all the time? I don't think they would appreciate that at all.

Edited by Katryna247
added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you work for BuzzFeed? Why are you get Offended by this? You can call me Miss I would not even give a f*ck.. Use ur Voicechat than, like you are complaining about someting which isnt even a Problem..

I do "manspreading" and there are only 2 Genders. Are you getting Offended by this? Seems like it! I have no Problem with anyone but this is just a meme for me.. My Girlfriend makes fun of People like you, just accept it how it is. Not all Females are playing a Zombie MMO Shooter on Pc and trading in a Tradelounge.

In a f*cking survival Situation nobody gives a damn about if You are a Male or Female (2/2 not more or less) and If I would give you 10x Heavy Armor Chrome Fallen Angel for free and call u sir u would not accept? Like wtf??

How can you get TRIGGERED about that? I am not a rude Person but cmon, I want this place to be chill.

I Play this Game for over 3 years now (NewZ) and in that Community it never happend that someone is getting such triggered about that BS!

Is your Husband triggered aswell? xD

This is like TikTok, People making tiktoks of being offended by People and they react with funny duets, this is just the same. Not even @Sven have words for it because it is not relateable.

Just quit the Game if you are getting triggered while Trading if someone is calling u Sir just to be nice..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Keymbo said:

complaining about someting which isnt even a Problem..

I do "manspreading" and there are only 2 Genders. Are you getting Offended by this? Seems like it! I have no Problem with anyone but this is just a meme for me.. My Girlfriend makes fun of People like you, just accept it how it is. Not all Females are playing a Zombie MMO Shooter on Pc and trading in a Tradelounge.

In a f*cking survival Situation nobody gives a damn about if You are a Male or Female (2/2 not more or less) and If I would give you 10x Heavy Armor Chrome Fallen Angel for free and call u sir u would not accept?ÔĽŅ Like wtf??

How can you get TRIGGERED about that? I am not a rude Person but cmon, I want this place to be chill.

I Play this Game for over 3 years now (NewZ) and in that Community it never happend that someone is getting such triggered about that BS!

Is your Husband triggered aswell? xD

This is like TikTok, People making tiktoks of being offended by People and they react with funny duets, this is just the same. Not even @Sven have words for it because it is not relateable.

Just quit the Game if you are getting triggered while Trading if someone is calling u Sir just to be nice..

I am Katryna's WIFE. IE  ALSO FEMALE SO I would also love to know what this fictional "husband" might think. I have kept quiet as I dont go to the trade lounge much and so I havent dealt with a lot of people there. You want to make this personal. That show a total lack of character on  your part. No, not all females are playing MMO shooter games and trading in a trade lounge but clearly there are girls\ ladies\ women who do play. Being disrespectful here on the forum... wow... telling players to "LEAVE" you need to re think that. I thought they were trying to build this game up, not tear it down and run off players every time someone says something one of you dont like whats said. or how someone plays, or that someone is a noob. As for your " heavy fallen angel chrome" comment... yes,,, you could keep it. I want nothing from someone being a disrespectful *****.

Edited by DNI_Adrian
TYPO FIX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times do I have to explain I am offended by being called Sir, because I am a woman?!!!!! Try calling your Mother or Grandmother who are also female Sir sometime and see how well that goes. It is offensive.

What do you mean by this? " Not all Females are playing a Zombie MMO Shooter on Pc and trading in a Tradelounge."  I am well aware of this fact.

YES, I WOULD decline the trade regardless of what was involved if I am called Sir,  and I DO decline when this happens.

I do NOT have a husband for your information; not that it is any of your business in the first place! I do however have a wife, and neither of us are to be called Sir without being offended. Why are you assuming I am straight?

Calling a female character (let alone an actual female in real life)  Sir is not being nice; it just shows how disrespectful and immature (yes immature...I saw your birth date you posted on your profile...your only 18...barely an adult) players like you are. 

Edited by Katryna247
added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Katryna247 said:

How many times do I have to explain I am offended by being called Sir, because I am a woman?!!!!! Try calling your Mother or Grandmother who are also female Sir sometime and see how well that goes. It is offensive.

What do you mean by this? " Not all Females are playing a Zombie MMO Shooter on Pc and trading in a Tradelounge."  I am well aware of this fact.

YES, I WOULD decline the trade regardless of what was involved if I am called Sir,  and I DO decline when this happens.

I do NOT have a husband for your information; not that it is any of your business in the first place! I do however have a wife, and neither of us are to be called Sir without being offended. Why are you assuming I am straight?

Calling a female character (let alone an actual female in real life)  Sir is not being nice; it just shows how disrespectful and immature (yes immature...I saw your birth date you posted on your profile...your only 18...barely an adult) players like you are. 

I was assuming that u were straight because normally A Male marries a Woman but I do not care if a Male marries a Male or if a Female marries a Female. It is just a FACT that 97% of all Married couples are straight.

I might be just 18 years old but I am an REAL Person, just because I kinda find it funny how you are reacting to being called "Sir", does not mean that I am disrespectful. Why dont u tell the other Trader that you are a Female? Girl.. They dont know ok? Male Players Name themself "Ashley" and have an Female Skin. It's like an Rollplay. I dont have a Female Char but I had 2 on Infestation Survivor Stories and I named them Female, but it s a Char ingame so if I would stood in real life right infront of you, I would easily know that u are a Female or Male (Even if you would Dress up like a dude) but yooo, ingame? cmon.. Crying about those things are really sad and it Shows me, that you hate Men in generall (In my Oppinoin) But what if a Girl Gamer called u Sir and she did not know that, cuz u did not tell her that u are Female, so do you not know if there was any other Girl, calling u "Sir", "dude", "bro". If you want to be accepted as a Girl then get a CLAN TAG with the Tag [GIRL] So People would know. Or find atleast a Solution (maybe a Pink Name for being Female) but no all you do is crying (for an adult pretty cringy) and pointing for the whole community out that you are a triggered Feminist.. You are such a meme for those People here..

I'm from Germany, and Jewish, People calling me: "yo, lil ASH" and I dont even give a fuck, just ignore that sh*t. We Germans have actually a bad Rep, for being Toxic and I know that but not everyone is like that. It is the same everyone is assuming that we Germans are toxic and nazis. But I do just ignore that it's the Internet.. It's a different world..

And you are all grown up. Act like it and dont cry and complain about it in the Forum. Just create a Post and ask if Girls could get a Pink Name so that the other Trader will know that u are a Girl. Maybe we can do that and you can apply that Girly Name colour on the Forum and all you have to do is sending in a Pic of ur ID. This aint a bad Idea right?

And for me Male and Females have the same rights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNI_Adrian said:

I am Katryna's WIFE. IE  ALSO FEMALE SO I would also love to know what this fictional "husband" might think. I have kept quiet as I dont go to the trade lounge much and so I havent dealt with a lot of people there. You want to make this personal. That show a total lack of character on  your part. No, not all females are playing MMO shooter games and trading in a trade lounge but clearly there are girls\ ladies\ women who do play. Being disrespectful here on the forum... wow... telling players to "LEAVE" you need to re think that. I thought they were trying to build this game up, not tear it down and run off players every time someone says something one of you dont like whats said. or how someone plays, or that someone is a noob. As for your " heavy fallen angel chrome" comment... yes,,, you could keep it. I want nothing from someone being a disrespectful *****.

Yo Adrian, ur Girl said in one Post "Husband" so I was assuming it :^). And Yes sure I dont really want that Person to leave, but if she is getting triggered cuz People call her "Sir" than she should just quit, I mean she is 50 and for being that old she should not  cry about things like that. (In my OpInIoN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Arowsky said:

Because thats the most common thai words. Those ret... *not so smart guys* are using this word in every sentence, it has become a meme already in this game. They think they are polite and kind when using this word.

What you just said is LITERALLY just as bad as the topic in hand. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is full of hatespeech, racism, mocking, insults, taunting etc. and that is what you usually get from online games especially with public text and voicechat.

It is miraculous how the little word "sir" can trigger somebody so hardbut maybe thats just modern zeitgeist or something. 

2080938580f0d6fb84f0cd9ac94417eefe325ee1

Edited by Lauchboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...