Sven

Patch 2.27

154 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sven said:

Training map is mostly aimed to beginner players actually. It's a way for us to help beginning players understand the game easier. This is the MAIN reason we have added this. Not sure why it's called training in particular to be honest. Sorry.

Anyways, jumping off now. Got my teeth pulled yesterday so high on meds. Need to take some sleep.

I'll read back further comments tomorrow so keep on posting them!

Good night!

Good night Sven! Ouch on the teeth! Hope you feel better!

Hello
previous map in survival colorado was better
after patch 2.26 is another map: the trees(little mountains) move, and there are other places

leave previous map

merry Chritsmas

Edited by miranda

10 hours ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Good night Sven! Ouch on the teeth! Hope you feel better!

Haha, thanks man! Meds are helping so that's great.. ;)

2 hours ago, miranda said:

Hello
previous map in survival colorado was better
after patch 2.26 is another map: the trees(little mountains) move, and there are other places

leave previous map

merry Chritsmas

Hey! Would you mind explaining us what exactly you don't like with perhaps some screenshots? I'm not 100% sure what you mean with your comment.

Best Regards,

Sven

@Sven 
-I think its time to understand that these updates are too narrow. The actual content provided vs some useless additions is too high. 

-Survival gets so small attention and updates each patch. I mean really this mode is the pillar behind WarZ itself

-This game has too many modes/maps that splits all the player base (even the most successful games don't have this much 

-At this point it seems like you guys are too scared to remove these useless modes because "people might leave if they dont have PvP maps" but doing this at all times have brought you to a spot where you have 1k and decreasing players - maybe its time to make drastic changes and grow a pair - no offense.

Positive is that you work hard with calendars, missions and events which is major point for players to have a reason for logging in.

I am not an active player for long time now but I suggest you remain only 2 modes. Survival & OW (most played + these modes cover all other ones anyway in each aspect).

Work with crafting system - give players something useful to craft and make it reasonable and hard.

Work with weather/objects - players dig it, snow, lightning, rain, rivers, new outfits not skins.

Wipe would be a good solution here and start with 2 before named modes and yes to minimalize player loss you can always promote & advertise the fuck out of social media channels with some good videos & transcripts. It's a risk but hey - what do you have to lose?

• Thanks 1

We have disabled the instant revive on Rocky Ford Mixed PVP server and also enabled one of our newest PVP map "Hangar". Let us know any kind of feedback about the instant revive.

if the player is watching (walking or running):
small mountains and the trees move a bit ...
changes the place

sorry that is not very important

but previous maps did not happen - was better :)

Edited by miranda

Not sure where to put this so I will try here....

My wife and I rent a private server. Just got the new patch. Found lots of Christmas trees all around, but could not find any Christmas trees at Colorado V1 airport. Is this some sort of glitch or are there going to be no Christmas trees there this year? Just wondering. Thanks.

4 hours ago, sgregor said:

@Sven 
-I think its time to understand that these updates are too narrow. The actual content provided vs some useless additions is too high. 

-Survival gets so small attention and updates each patch. I mean really this mode is the pillar behind WarZ itself

-This game has too many modes/maps that splits all the player base (even the most successful games don't have this much 

-At this point it seems like you guys are too scared to remove these useless modes because "people might leave if they dont have PvP maps" but doing this at all times have brought you to a spot where you have 1k and decreasing players - maybe its time to make drastic changes and grow a pair - no offense.

Positive is that you work hard with calendars, missions and events which is major point for players to have a reason for logging in.

I am not an active player for long time now but I suggest you remain only 2 modes. Survival & OW (most played + these modes cover all other ones anyway in each aspect).

Work with crafting system - give players something useful to craft and make it reasonable and hard.

Work with weather/objects - players dig it, snow, lightning, rain, rivers, new outfits not skins.

Wipe would be a good solution here and start with 2 before named modes and yes to minimalize player loss you can always promote & advertise the fuck out of social media channels with some good videos & transcripts. It's a risk but hey - what do you have to lose?

Hey! First of all big thank you to the advanced feedback you have left for us, me. Thanks for taking this time.

I completely agree on the fact that this was a more "narrow" update. I have actually pointed that out in earlier comments already. Let me quote myself from earlier: "but this patch is a very "smaller" patch compared to what we usually aim for and that's mostly due to the deadline we had for the Christmas content."

Either way. Besides that I do think you have some valid points.

I aim to put some work and improvements to the crafting system for upcoming patch. Very good point. I'll see what I can do to gather more feedback from players. If you have ideas yourself don't hesitate to let me know!

I also think you have a valid point regarding the player base where you talked about he splitting of players in too many separated modes. I completely understand where you're coming from and what you mean here. It's interesting how you phrased some things, so I have some more questions: What exact changes would you personally recommend for example? (To the servers list / regarding the game modes) In the end the game has just always been a bit like this. Yes we were also a part of making it that way and yes there is always time for change but let's discuss this further first. I am just interested in your point of view ;)

1 hour ago, miranda said:

if the player is watching (walking or running):
small mountains and the trees move a bit ...
changes the place

sorry that is not very important

but previous maps did not happen - was better :)

Hey! Hills haven't moved but since we updated the trees and some minor positions have been updated it might feel like that. You can read further information about this on a previous Dev Blog we have published: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/6327-devblog-trees-rework/

1 hour ago, Katryna247 said:

Not sure where to put this so I will try here....

My wife and I rent a private server. Just got the new patch. Found lots of Christmas trees all around, but could not find any Christmas trees at Colorado V1 airport. Is this some sort of glitch or are there going to be no Christmas trees there this year? Just wondering. Thanks.

There is no loot yet under the Christmas trees as the events haven't started yet. You can find all information about the Christmas events here: http://playnewz.com/event Note; It's starting this Friday! ;)

Don't worry about asking. A shame you rented a private server a bit too early though :(

50 minutes ago, Keymbo said:

Well atleast something for Survival 

Something is better than nothing at least.. What I wrote already in a previous comment is that this patch 100% certainly contains a lot more stuff than previous patch had. Let's work from here and keep it up. Most importantly for me is feedback. A lot of people are sharing huge ideas and suggestions but not many are actually helpful and give me feedback on the smaller things such as the crafting amounts. This is easy to change and improve but I'm receiving pretty much 0 feedback here. Unfortunately.

Thanks for the further feedback guys!

Best Regards,

Sven

8 hours ago, sgregor said:

@Sven 

I agree but 2 things. #1 If they lose there players they lose there money then they cant feed themselves lol. #2 I I think you should keep PVP servers and replace open world with survival and make snipers rare. Open World isnt really fun anymore its just snipers only pretty much.

1 hour ago, Ballsout said:

I agree but 2 things. #1 If they lose there players they lose there money then they cant feed themselves lol. #2 I I think you should keep PVP servers and replace open world with survival and make snipers rare. Open World isnt really fun anymore its just snipers only pretty much.

Surzeus actually made quite an interesting thread some hours ago.. 

12 minutes ago, Sven said:

Surzeus actually made quite an interesting thread some hours ago.. 

I agree with it 100%. I play survival from the beginning and i would really love to see it coming back  to the state it was. Merging those 2 mods together and making it more survival would be the best  option for this game. 

Open World are only snipers right now. Its boring to go out with sniper, 10 dxs, 10 shields, full gear every time. There is no challenge. 

The reason i love survival its because you actually care about the gear. Thats what make this game mode so intense. Snipers are really rare, there is almost no shields and that makes you to play smart. 

I really hope you can make this happen Svena ;)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sven said:

There is no loot yet under the Christmas trees as the events haven't started yet.

I was not asking about loot under the Christmas trees, I know they are not active yet. I was just pointing out that there were no Christmas trees at the airport (like there were last year) and just asking why.

13 minutes ago, Katryna247 said:

I was not asking about loot under the Christmas trees, I know they are not active yet. I was just pointing out that there were no Christmas trees at the airport (like there were last year) and just asking why.

Really! My bad, sorry! Let me ask Steve ;)

54 minutes ago, Arowsky said:

I agree with it 100%. I play survival from the beginning and i would really love to see it coming back  to the state it was. Merging those 2 mods together and making it more survival would be the best  option for this game. 

Open World are only snipers right now. Its boring to go out with sniper, 10 dxs, 10 shields, full gear every time. There is no challenge. 

The reason i love survival its because you actually care about the gear. Thats what make this game mode so intense. Snipers are really rare, there is almost no shields and that makes you to play smart. 

I really hope you can make this happen Svena ;)

Hey! Appreciate the comment. I have seen other threads from you, yet not always replied to them. Sorry. I have read a lot though ;) Just wanted to let you know.

I understand why you and many others prefer Survival over Open World.

I do not want to jump into excuses and all that stuff but I am working with some people from the Survival community to get an awesome patch going with a lot of Survival related content. If you want I can add you on Discord and we can discuss some stuff. I might need some further feedback!

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1

I also Play Survival since the Test Version of it! For me it would be awesome how this game was In November/December 2015 where snipers were rare and pvp'ing on Cliffside was Drilling! I know one time I safed a Karambit and a AWP it was soo rare back then! The Epic Skinbox came out and I bought like many of them (I bought Lifetime Premium and had much GC xD) I unboxed ligthsabers 1 inv small and 1 inv Military back then ULTRA RARE! Back then I made my Money back :D

The Point of this is I really miss the "old" NewZ BUT I am open for new things ofc.. And if you would replace Survival for OW this would make this Game finaly a Survival MMO again, because now it is just a shooter, Zombies are basicly not relateable anymore. And I post many things in the Survival Forum and most of the time just suggestions of getting a currency and trying up to come with some Ideas (I used to say that we can add new craftable things like a Leather Facemask, Bow, Crafted Pistol/Shotgun/AR..)

Or a cliffside sever for survival! where we can farm Food and Water and build our "Bases" and try to defent them.

I know you guys are working hard on it and I know you will improve the Survival Gamemode to it's best! You guys always found an solution and I'm hyped for 2019 to happend with new and awesome Updates for Survival and Overall!

Thanks to the NewZ Staff and to the Survival Community as well as all People who wants to make that Game last Long!

Edited by Keymbo

52 minutes ago, Keymbo said:

I also Play Survival since the Test Version of it! For me it would be awesome how this game was In November/December 2015 where snipers were rare and pvp'ing on Cliffside was Drilling! I know one time I safed a Karambit and a AWP it was soo rare back then! The Epic Skinbox came out and I bought like many of them (I bought Lifetime Premium and had much GC xD) I unboxed ligthsabers 1 inv small and 1 inv Military back then ULTRA RARE! Back then I made my Money back :D

The Point of this is I really miss the "old" NewZ BUT I am open for new things ofc.. And if you would replace Survival for OW this would make this Game finaly a Survival MMO again, because now it is just a shooter, Zombies are basicly not relateable anymore. And I post many things in the Survival Forum and most of the time just suggestions of getting a currency and trying up to come with some Ideas (I used to say that we can add new craftable things like a Leather Facemask, Bow, Crafted Pistol/Shotgun/AR..)

Or a cliffside sever for survival! where we can farm Food and Water and build our "Bases" and try to defent them.

I know you guys are working hard on it and I know you will improve the Survival Gamemode to it's best! You guys always found an solution and I'm hyped for 2019 to happend with new and awesome Updates for Survival and Overall!

Thanks to the NewZ Staff and to the Survival Community as well as all People who wants to make that Game last Long!

Hey Keymbo! Also big thanks to you for sharing your feedback. It's much appreciated! <3

To replace Survival with Open World or to do a merge or anything of this kind right now is kind of a different story when it comes to the actual Survival game mode by itself. In Survival the loot at least is rare and in my opinion we have a good game-mode there to work with. This is exactly what I want to do. Like you said and like I personally think myself we have to start with the basis; actually do more for the game mode. This can start from simple tweaks, updates and changes up to new content and features. A part of this lies in my hands so let's see what we / I can do here for you guys.

I remember the Cliffside servers in war z with all the base building and protecting of them. That was actually a lot of fun!

Thanks for the further support and faith. I personally appreciate it a lot! <3:D

Wish you very happy holidays!

Best Regards,

Sven

2 minutes ago, Sven said:

Hey Keymbo! Also big thanks to you for sharing your feedback. It's much appreciated! <3

To replace Survival with Open World or to do a merge or anything of this kind right now is kind of a different story when it comes to the actual Survival game mode by itself. In Survival the loot at least is rare and in my opinion we have a good game-mode there to work with. This is exactly what I want to do. Like you said and like I personally think myself we have to start with the basis; actually do more for the game mode. This can start from simple tweaks, updates and changes up to new content and features. A part of this lies in my hands so let's see what we / I can do here for you guys.

I remember the Cliffside servers in war z with all the base building and protecting of them. That was actually a lot of fun!

Thanks for the further support and faith. I personally appreciate it a lot! <3:D

Wish you very happy holidays!

Best Regards,

Sven

Happy Holidays, I know you guys will make this game awesome (It is already pretty good)

19 hours ago, Sven said:

Hey! First of all big thank you to the advanced feedback you have left for us, me. Thanks for taking this time.

I completely agree on the fact that this was a more "narrow" update. I have actually pointed that out in earlier comments already. Let me quote myself from earlier: "but this patch is a very "smaller" patch compared to what we usually aim for and that's mostly due to the deadline we had for the Christmas content."

Either way. Besides that I do think you have some valid points.

I aim to put some work and improvements to the crafting system for upcoming patch. Very good point. I'll see what I can do to gather more feedback from players. If you have ideas yourself don't hesitate to let me know!

I also think you have a valid point regarding the player base where you talked about he splitting of players in too many separated modes. I completely understand where you're coming from and what you mean here. It's interesting how you phrased some things, so I have some more questions: What exact changes would you personally recommend for example? (To the servers list / regarding the game modes) In the end the game has just always been a bit like this. Yes we were also a part of making it that way and yes there is always time for change but let's discuss this further first. I am just interested in your point of view ;)

I typed in some ideas/opinions but these are all from my perspective.

My idea would be to remove all other servers/maps besides OW + Survival - as explained before these modes are most popular and most played ones.

There could be many ways but I would suggest adding 2-3 servers with max population of 150 players - without the option to choose the server but only providing option "join game". This would get rid of the 9 pop servers and would gather players. Named change would also create a lot of PvP situations across map and there still would be space left for ones who are after loot. This would also give a meaning for the whole map because at the moment only high end military spots are being looted - other smaller cities/villages are dead/not used. Once these servers are filled another server could automatically go online (I guess you already use this system). This would work for both survival and OW.

-Specially I do not see the point of "lounge" servers since these servers eat ~100 players from game. 

-Since trading is one of the most important elements in this game, instead of lounge there should be NPC-Exchange/Auction house/ in safe-zone where players can list all belongings straight from GI instead of trading them in lounge server 16 (or was it 32) at a time. It would save up a lot of time + players would be connected to "main" servers instead of branches. This would also automatically eliminate any scamming/stealing attempts.

Crafting should be an rewarding way to obtain items that can not be obtained by other means (as of now there are useless bandages and silencers that are already in game). 

For example many players claiming there are some houses on map that can't be accessed - make a craftable key that unlock the door & secure some loot (e.g)

Other crafting ideas: ATV which can't be picked up (crafted by parts), Arctic/Desert clothes for certain areas (only can be accessed with named clothes), Syringe - gives you full stamina, Sticks and cloth - backpack to name a few.

-Logging out anywhere to access GI - also another factor that highly brings down loot value. Removal of this would bring back the excitement & up the value.

-GI/skill/rep wipe would be reasonable for a fresh start.

-Intense fog/rain/snow/storm - something players like a lot and makes gameplay exciting.

-One of the big downsides for me at least is the fact that loot has no value in this game (either its Survival or OW) and that what kills the actions here. People don't really care if they lost bag full of snipers in OW or 10 red stalkers in Survival since its so easy to obtain. It's the scary knowledge of losing high value loot that affects the gameplay. Players dig that stuff.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:15 PM, sgregor said:

I typed in some ideas/opinions but these are all from my perspective.

My idea would be to remove all other servers/maps besides OW + Survival - as explained before these modes are most popular and most played ones.

There could be many ways but I would suggest adding 2-3 servers with max population of 150 players - without the option to choose the server but only providing option "join game". This would get rid of the 9 pop servers and would gather players. Named change would also create a lot of PvP situations across map and there still would be space left for ones who are after loot. This would also give a meaning for the whole map because at the moment only high end military spots are being looted - other smaller cities/villages are dead/not used. Once these servers are filled another server could automatically go online (I guess you already use this system). This would work for both survival and OW.

-Specially I do not see the point of "lounge" servers since these servers eat ~100 players from game. 

-Since trading is one of the most important elements in this game, instead of lounge there should be NPC-Exchange/Auction house/ in safe-zone where players can list all belongings straight from GI instead of trading them in lounge server 16 (or was it 32) at a time. It would save up a lot of time + players would be connected to "main" servers instead of branches. This would also automatically eliminate any scamming/stealing attempts.

Crafting should be an rewarding way to obtain items that can not be obtained by other means (as of now there are useless bandages and silencers that are already in game). 

For example many players claiming there are some houses on map that can't be accessed - make a craftable key that unlock the door & secure some loot (e.g)

Other crafting ideas: ATV which can't be picked up (crafted by parts), Arctic/Desert clothes for certain areas (only can be accessed with named clothes), Syringe - gives you full stamina, Sticks and cloth - backpack to name a few.

-Logging out anywhere to access GI - also another factor that highly brings down loot value. Removal of this would bring back the excitement & up the value.

-GI/skill/rep wipe would be reasonable for a fresh start.

-Intense fog/rain/snow/storm - something players like a lot and makes gameplay exciting.

-One of the big downsides for me at least is the fact that loot has no value in this game (either its Survival or OW) and that what kills the actions here. People don't really care if they lost bag full of snipers in OW or 10 red stalkers in Survival since its so easy to obtain. It's the scary knowledge of losing high value loot that affects the gameplay. Players dig that stuff.

Hey, sorry for not answering this earlier. Was busy with some other stuff. (Christmas announcements and planning etc.)

Either way I also wanted to personally thank you for sharing further and very detailed feedback! Thumbs up! <3

I understand a lot of what you're saying but one thing I'd like to readress is the part where you talk about a wipe / what's needed. I totally understand why you mention this, and don't get me wrong here but there is some factors that we have to take in consideration as well:
1) Not everyone would want a wipe, we will never know exactly no matter what.
2) Wipe or not. We sad we would never do it again. With good reasoning we could but.. You know.
3) I wonder where you base your facts on. The reason I am saying this is because there is A LOT of people out there that spread a bunch of crap. I am not saying EVERYONE so please don't feel offended when I am writing this but it happens a lot that I see a player write "I have this amount of snipers in Survival, THERE IS TOO MANY", where then I would manually check this and find out it's basically a complete lie. Unfortunately that + all the other reasons makes it basically a huge mess. This situation is extremely complicated and it's very hard to know who says the truth, polls and feedback won't be representative as not 100% of the people would let us know either way and then you have all the other reasoning I mention in point 1, 2.
^ This is just a summary of a very difficult and complicated situation overall. Sorry if it sounds confusing.

Anyways, I do strongly believe we have a very solid to work with in Survival. We already have the game mode separated and we already have a new Global Inventory there. We could jump into drastic changes instantly based on very difficult situations BUT what I'd like to do (at least first) is scope out the root of the "issue" and work from there.
I have said this already in previous comments but I don't mind at all writing it again: "BUT Survival hasn't been getting much "love" and work put into. That is the root of the problem. The first thing to do, is to get down to that root, and start working from there where we actually do MORE for survival, smaller things and bigger things, and that we actually get a frequent basis going with updates for the Survival game mode. Instead of like, nothing. Pretty much"

I want to thank you for your further suggestions and ideas. Let's get an EPIC Survival patch going for patch 2.28 and see from there again.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!

Best Regards,

Sven

@Sven

I just took a little time to go through feedback related topics and as far as I see you can clearly paint out a picture here. Seems like the feedback has been there throughout different times - just not heard. Also these pictures give answer to your previously written answer. "This is just a summary of a very difficult and complicated situation overall" - I actually think that the situation is quite clear for players - as there has to be drastic changes.

CLpCCy9.png

VOSkgnv.png

IJHsI8L.png

Ar8Xh3r.png

c5KgzGC.png

qopNiWn.png

syBjdfS.png

9JUOMAf.png

82f7weN.png

JYzljGP.png

13 hours ago, sgregor said:

@Sven

I just took a little time to go through feedback related topics and as far as I see you can clearly paint out a picture here. Seems like the feedback has been there throughout different times - just not heard. Also these pictures give answer to your previously written answer. "This is just a summary of a very difficult and complicated situation overall" - I actually think that the situation is quite clear for players - as there has to be drastic changes.

CLpCCy9.png

VOSkgnv.png

IJHsI8L.png

Ar8Xh3r.png

c5KgzGC.png

qopNiWn.png

syBjdfS.png

9JUOMAf.png

82f7weN.png

JYzljGP.png

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Some stuff came up couldn't reply earlier.

I do not want to "throw away" your comment but summarized up I can see that you've gathered feedback from players on the forums that agree to actually wipe.

I think that you got my point wrong, perhaps I explained it wrong so my bad in that case. To make it more clear I was never going against the fact that there is indeed players that would want a wipe. Players who have been discussing this on the forums for months. I know. I am aware. And now thanks to your comment I am even more aware. Either way, that was not my point.

My point was that a wipe is indeed a very drastic and VERY big change from a lot of perspectives. Like you said yourself: "I actually think that the situation is quite clear for players - as there has to be drastic changes." - From this I understand that.

So, for Survival there has to be drastic changes. For example; a wipe. But also other things. I think this is the main point you are trying to make.

Sorry if you get offended by this in any way I am just making sure that I understand you correctly.

Just some further points about a wipe:

• There is literally NO WAY this can be representative. Why? Simply because an EXTREMELY low amount of our player base is actually on the forums.
    Of course, the Survival community of the game is smaller as well, but you can not tell me that most of the Survival players are on the forums here. They are not.
  • Besides what I mentioned on the first point EVEN IF majority agrees there is still a part of the people who would not agree. What do we tell these players? Do we just not give a sh*t? Even if they get wiped, or not, would they even fully understand the decision either way? How would we know?'
  • More?

Also. I do think the Survival community does deserve a direct and more clear answer from us as staff why we couldn't do a wipe or why we could etc. It can't harm to address the fact that there is quite some players here that would want it. Discussions and sharing further information also from us as staff can't harm anything.

Anyways back the point about that "Survival needs drastic changes".

I do agree. However, I can also see this situation from a different perspective. I do think a lot of you guys in the Survival community have good and solid ideas. It's a shame that we haven't replied / discussed all of them but I can speak for myself that I have read majority. This is great.

One of the reasons we can not simply just make drastic changes that easily is for example due to our history, due the the fact where we won't know 100% if everyone agrees / understands, more things, but mainly because of our experiences. In the past it almost never turned out positive when we did such a drastic change as for example; a wipe. Now, it's arguable about HOW that happend and HOW we can make sure that doesn't happen like that ever again but MOSTLY it's a risk. Are we willing to take risks for the sake of the game? Yes, of course. BUT I do personally think, and as I can see this situation about Survival from other perspectives too, that we FIRST have to go down to the root and start from there.

Survival hasn't been getting much "love", actually barely anything and that's mostly because of US. Have we worked a lot on the Survival game mode? No. Have we "try-harded" the development and tried everything? No. I personally think that these things have to be done first BEFORE jumping into a very drastic, risky change. Of course, when we have done the things I mentioned, and there is literally no other thing we could possibly do, THEN we can consider this.

I can personally say that at least I can work more on Survival related content. I'd like to do this first in upcoming patches and see where it goes from there.

Either way, sorry for the quantity of this text. Sorry if something is unclear and sorry if I sound rude in any way. I totally DO NOT mean it like that. Just want to make sure ;)

Hope you appreciate the answer.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sven said:

Just some further points about a wipe:

• There is literally NO WAY this can be representative. Why? Simply because an EXTREMELY low amount of our player base is actually on the forums.
    Of course, the Survival community of the game is smaller as well, but you can not tell me that most of the Survival players are on the forums here. They are not.
  • Besides what I mentioned on the first point EVEN IF majority agrees there is still a part of the people who would not agree. What do we tell these players? Do we just not give a sh*t? Even if they get wiped, or not, would they even fully understand the decision either way? How would we know?'
  • More?

Hi. This will be the last discussion post I make on this topic. Thanks for sharing ideas and discussing stuff.

1. Don't really understand the answer "extremely low amount of player base is actually on the forums" whilst all the updates are based on community feedback from forum I expect? Haven't really noticed you have any other feedback system implemented in-game or anywhere else.

2. Well you have to listen to majority because these are the players who are most active. With rest? Rest will follow the majority anyways, always been and will be like that. 

3. Quite sure most of the players would understand if you announce item global wipe to restart the game's economy and make changes to loot table. 

On 12/22/2018 at 6:13 PM, sgregor said:

Hi. This will be the last discussion post I make on this topic. Thanks for sharing ideas and discussing stuff.

1. Don't really understand the answer "extremely low amount of player base is actually on the forums" whilst all the updates are based on community feedback from forum I expect? Haven't really noticed you have any other feedback system implemented in-game or anywhere else.

2. Well you have to listen to majority because these are the players who are most active. With rest? Rest will follow the majority anyways, always been and will be like that. 

3. Quite sure most of the players would understand if you announce item global wipe to restart the game's economy and make changes to loot table. 

Appreciate the reply ;)

1. That is true actually. In a way. What I mean with that is that compared to the amount of people we have playing daily, only an extreme low amount is actually involved on the forums. Basically meaning that most of our players are NOT on the forums. That was my point mainly.
    I do understand your point then, and actually you are particially right. However, it is true that some of the work and development we output for this game comes on ideas and suggestions from the forums. We usually take that + our own ideas and work on something. However, this is not ALWAYS the case and on top of that we usually "grab" things that don't particularly have a possible negative affect on some players. For example; if some players to suggest to add a new backpack, then, why not? It's not going to break anything in that way. But when players suggest for example a wipe, of course that is a different scenario.
  2. Not true. I don't agree. Sorry. Based on all the experience (when I speak for myself at least) I gained over the years about wipes and all these effects and things it is just not nearly as simple as you make it sound. Sorry. There is just so many more things that play a role in this thing. It's very complicated.
    I do understand your point though and yes, it is good to listen to majority. But let me just pull out a quick fact:
    5 people are active on the forums now. In total MAYBE 100 unique people a day. (best case scenario) Almost 15.000 unique people have logged in to the game the past 24 hours. That 100 people against 15.000 people, it's like, 0.66% of the daily players are actually active on this forums on a best case scenario.
    I can pull out a lot more statistics but, forums are nice and they help in a lot of ways, but either way it's an EXTREMELY low amount of people here compared to our player base.
  3. No. Majority won't. Even if we announce this everywhere for months, and literally SPAM that this is going to happen at X day and how it works. A big chunk of our player base won't even know / understand and when it's done they will be confused and leave the game. Yes. I understand you'd like to argue what I am saying here but I know this out of my own experience. Don't really know how else to put this / explain this without spending half my day writing a bible. xD Sorry.

I appreciate your time and I hope you can still appreciate my answers.

Best Regards and have a wonderful Christmas!

Sven

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, Sven said:

A shame you rented a private server a bit too early though

What did you mean by this, I have been wondering since you wrote it and double that since private server purchase is off. Am I missing something here : )