ElChupacabra

Feedback - Battle Royale

Loot in Battle Royale  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How should the loot be?

• As it is (low/mid-tier weapons only)
    • Lower (even lower than it currently is (removing CQC, P90S, etc...)
    • Better (Adding more second-tier ARs, but not the main ones (like Sig, Tars and Augs)
    • Much better (Adding the best guns the game has to offer and make snipers more common from Airdrops)

42 posts in this topic

I think will be better to do loot how was in Weekend when more ppls played with all good loot like a RED Stalkers,DX , Customs and other good loot.

+1 to be Better loot

20 hours ago, Steve Ecke said:

For everyone who thinks group of 3 should come has his answer right here ^

When you play solo then you can easy win 1vs2 but its hard to win against 3 enemies.

It makes no difference. Nobody cares about limiting the number of players. The number should be unlimited since there is no punishment for larger groups that the system allows. We learned this when the game was solo and nobody was punished properly.

13 hours ago, tato said:

Infelizmente a velha guarda do batle vai sofrer kkk pelo menos tentem balancear os loots, se adcionarem armas mais fortes coloquem coletes mais fortes e mais loots, joguei um dia apenas no evento, nasci com uma faca e o cara ja tava de sig esses detalhes que teriam de ser corrigidos, essas pessoas que tao ai brigando pra colocar loot melhor nao vejo joga um balte o dia todo... e olha que jogo 10 horas por dia fazendo stream, voces precisam avaliar isso também. e sobre 3 pessoas em grupo acho muito roubado pois grupo de 2 os cara ja junta e joga em 4 imagina grupo de 3... sem contar que a final contra 2 nao é tao dificil mas contra 3 é mais facil quitar. E obrigado por se preocuparem com a comunidade do batle que estava meio de lado essas pesquisas sao mt boas.

O problema é que em grupos os players nascem juntos, em "grupos" via TS nascem em lugares diferentes e cobrem uma área maior. Os grupos deveriam ser mistos ao invés de formados por escolha. Daí eliminaria o problema do jogo sujo.

13 hours ago, sisqo99 said:

Riot and wood shield should be eliminated for all game modes or make it more difficult to use. That would make the whole game more interesting. Without the benefit of macro and instant protection ....

11 hours ago, ЕСИГПЕРИВИДЕБТО said:

Somente se você gastasse do seu loot os itens. Senão o BR vai terminar com o PVP tradicional que não tem nenhum atrativo.

9 hours ago, GeneralUS said:

Provavelmente não joga o modo e não tem itens no modo de mundo aberto. 

The staff wants to turn BR into a PvP open world without the need for GI.

If you do this with an attraction for the mode we will have less players in the other modes of game and more players without characters with XP.

The game needs new players, no the same players in another game modes.

5 hours ago, JKS said:

The staff wants to turn BR into a PvP open world without the need for GI.

If you do this with an attraction for the mode we will have less players in the other modes of game and more players without characters with XP.

The game needs new players, no the same players in another game modes.

So , let everything as it is and hope for it not to die ? xD Btw by your standard , people wont play survival mode since BR already feels like survival and you don't need a  GI
No matter how much you want to compare open world with BR , theyr different , and loot has nothing to do with it; they'll still be different

The general idea should be ; What's fun for players ? Keep it. What's frustrating for players to the point they don't want to spam another BR ?Change it imediately.Granted i've been outspoken about battle royale in the past and gradually everything I pinpointed is slowly getting dealt with now , wish i was heard out earlier but it's never too late to change for the better

Edited by rampsta
superninjaedit

could leave the batlle with normal serve on weekdays and a full and free serve
 on the weekend, with sniper only in the air drop, tb could put the scar h,
 since it is to be free serve, releases everything ... tb I wanted you to fix 
this restrictor better, take some more of this restriction, because a lot of people
 get kicked out of the game, it would be right until another server works, that would be fair,
 but since only the European works, it should remove or lower a little more and let these
 people who have difficulty also participate, a player who has from 10 to 100 of ping does not have to
 worry about a player of 250 of ping ... and yes the opposite of this ... if a player with low ping dies
 for a high ping, it is because it is very bad ... the restriction with this limiter does not have to be
 totally taken out and yes it could lower its intensity a little more and there many more players can have fun ..

poderia deixar o batlle com saque normal  nos dias de semana e   um saque completo e livre no  fim de semana , com sniper apenas no air drop, tb  poderia colocar a scar h , ja que  é pra ser saque livre, libera tudo...tb queria  que voces arrumassem melhor esse limitador, tirar mais um pouco dessa restrição, porque muita gente fica sendo expulso do jogo,  seria certo até se  funcionasse outro servidor, aí seria justo, mas como só o  europeu  funciona , deveria remover ou abaixar um pouco mais e deixar esse pessoal que tem dificuldade tambem participar,  um jogador que tenha de 10 a 100 de ping  não tem porque se preocupar   com um jogador de 250 de ping...e sim  o contrario disso... se um jogador com  baixo  ping morre pra um de alto ping , é porque ele é muito ruim... a restrição  com esse limitador não precisa ser totalmente tirada e sim poderia  abaixar um pouco mais  sua intensidade e ai muito mais jogadores podem se divertir...

They should raise the prize each one wins 300k - 480k if we only participate in a group of 2, they should go up to 1m each, as before or even double the current one.
in the pvp server a lot of loot is spent and people stop playing alone because there is no where to win gd and the GD prize in the real battle is really a misery.
if they ask for the opinion of the players I do not think that not one of them thinks differently, keep that in mind.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rampsta said:

So , let everything as it is and hope for it not to die ? xD Btw by your standard , people wont play survival mode since BR already feels like survival and you don't need a  GI
No matter how much you want to compare open world with BR , theyr different , and loot has nothing to do with it; they'll still be different

The general idea should be ; What's fun for players ? Keep it. What's frustrating for players to the point they don't want to spam another BR ?Change it imediately.Granted i've been outspoken about battle royale in the past and gradually everything I pinpointed is slowly getting dealt with now , wish i was heard out earlier but it's never too late to change for the better

Yea. The NEW BR will save the mode. Like a loot of shit maked in open world and now we don't have 1/3 off players in game. 

Event is diferent off diary play. 

All players using redstalker at all meds and armors.

Put riot and wood shield and end the mode more fast.

Another thread where the community is asked what to do. OMEGALUL  

I feel like I start every comment I make in this forum the same way. You can not ask the players for direction. People are stupid and greedy (especially in this game). People will only look at the game from their limited point of view and they will only act and advise to their own advantage. Also you have to keep in mind that the forum only represents a small part of the playerbase. A part that is completely irrelevant to the game design. Let's face it, everybody posting in this forum on a regular basis is already addicted to a point of no return. The people in here are the ones that are stuck with this game, the ones that threaten to leave but always come back.

And the worst think is that all those cavemonkeys posting here can not even articulate, form a decent argument or make a case for their blatant claim. I mean what the hell  is " ... kkkkk you sir stupid? more loot is fun..." supposed to add to a discussion. Back up your arguments with reasons and explain your thought process. This forum feels like the dirty step brother of political discussion about Donald Trump on facebook. 

The Developers need to focus on the rest. They need to make the game more fun for beginners and casual players. They are the key to a successful game and they are the ones NewZ has consistantly failed to attract or keep in the game. And ULTIMATELY this will lead to more fun for all the hardcore nerds in here as an increased number of players is all we need. Popped servers and consistant PvP is what this forum need, changing weapons, removing cars or whatever shitty change you make is not even a real band aid to the bleeding.

Now to the topic:

Changing loot will not all of a sudden bring hundreds and thousands of players back. I have read several times that better items are good, because the weekend event was so popped. Well that is just wrong. You can not draw a conclusion based on that one weekend. In fact the event most likely was only successful due to the fact that it was exactly that, a one time only event and something new. As soon as this becomes a regular thing, all the glamour will wear out. After a few days people will get used to it and we are stuck at the same situation.

What will better loot really do?

Regardless of whether somebody likes to have the good loot in BR, here are a few effects that you can expect and a few things that you definitely can not expect

a) You will not magically be better in BR.

I have the feeling that a lot of people want the better items because they imagine themselves running arround with SNiper, DXs,  K-Style and Heavy Armor hunting down other players. You guys keep forgetting that everybody will have the better loot. If you suck and loose right now, you will suck and loose with better loot as well.

b) The people that dominate Open World will dominate BR even harder (and ruin it harder)

The people that are best in open world have a lot of fun with the game. This is what NewZ is about. Being better than others and ruining their day. This is why all of you play the game. (Boy I bet there will be a reply by one of those three PvE nerds who consider farming their own private server fun). Taking your giant e-phallus and shoving it into a less skilled player is what NewZ is about. And with snipers taking over, with DXs becoming a thing and maybe even shielding entering BR, the margins between the game modes become even tighter. If you are good in Open World that is amazing, you will have two game modes to completely run over kids.

Of course this is what the forum wants. But this will make it IMPOSSIBLE for beginners to get into the game. Learning how to snipe is tough and playing against somebody who knows how to while being a beginner yourself is THE SINGLE MOST UNREWARDING THING IN THE WORLD. I have tried to introduce friends to open world, but fuck it. After getting killed for the fifth time straight without even seing the killer they just quit on the game.

This is why open world is a disgusting place to learn the game. Moving BR closer to that will only hurt the playerbase even more.

c) There will be a short term uprising in player numbers

Just like the weekend event, people will be curious and join in. But the effect wears out quickly. Maybe there will be more players for the first week. Maybe you can still feel the effect in week two. But after a month the game mode will be the same as it is or even worse and as stated in b) there will be less new people coming in.

d) Better items don't add value to the game mode

When it comes to changes, the main question is: "What does it bring to the game?" When you change something, you hope for an effect. You want to introduce a new feature, add a new aspect to the game. Make gameplay more fun and keep players playing.

What new gameplay facetts are introduced with better loot. As everybody will have better equipment, the game will still be balanced. It is the same shit, but masked as something different.

If you want to add better loot, do it. Change just for the sake of Change is all you have done for years anyways. Maybe those stupid cavemonkeys with their 75 IQ english will fall for it once again. Maybe you can gain an additional month of selling skins and feeding off our hopes and desparation. But in the end this will not help the game mode or the game in general.

If you really want positive change, you need to do other things. Reinvest into the game, put some time, effort and resources in it. Get professional help.

There are so many things you can do with Battle Royale. Several people have come up with unique ideas and creative ways to make a difference. But please do more that just community pools in the forum about Placebo- changes

Cheers

• Love 1

I do not see almost anyone from the forum that wants to loot better playing battle every day, the opinion of you is not worth anything. BATTLE WILL NOT BE A ROCKY FORD! WANT GOOD WEAPONS GO PLAY pVp!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

Nice points

We have a lot of useless itens in game because no have sense use a pistol to kill zombie if you have 10 rifles around you at silencer and stanag 100, 200. 

Itens like a sniper silencer are rare. This is great, a new item and no have in the store. If they put to sell, all silencer snipers will be useless or the ofhert be low.

I saw in BR the opportunity to create a beginning perspective for the open world.
With these changes new players will be massacred and will give up the game.

A peak in an event and then end.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:45 AM, Lauchboy said:

Now to the topic:

Changing loot will not all of a sudden bring hundreds and thousands of players back. I have read several times that better items are good, because the weekend event was so popped. Well that is just wrong. You can not draw a conclusion based on that one weekend. In fact the event most likely was only successful due to the fact that it was exactly that, a one time only event and something new. As soon as this becomes a regular thing, all the glamour will wear out. After a few days people will get used to it and we are stuck at the same situation.

The intent of this change is literally that. To please the current players. This measure is not the one to bring players back to the game itself, but rather give a new life to game modes that are getting less popped. 

a) You will not magically be better in BR.

As I said on the OP, Snipers and DXs are still going to be rare and available only from airdrops. That will never change. 

c) There will be a short term uprising in player numbers

This is why I wanted to open the thread, and leave it open for comments rather than just the voting. People with different point of views, like the players who currently play BR ragardless of the loot and the players who would like to play more, but don't enjoy the way the game mode currently is. 

d) Better items don't add value to the game mode

It indeed does no such thing. That is not the point of the discussion here. However, the way the current game mode is, is EXTREMELY camper friendly... You can see the difference from our game to other BR games that are like this: With our current loot, you are forced to do close-quarters fights rather than be able to position and shoot people from a distance, like you would be able to with a Sig Sauer 556, for instance. That would also value players' skills for some rather than just positioning or knowing the map. 

Hey,

Thank you for your answer. It´s nice seeing that you actually take your time and read through this.

I don`t want to reply on everything that has been said, but in the end it all boils down to one specific thing. A game needs new players. Even the most successful ones out there loose a decent chunk of their players day in and day out. People come and go. People loose interest or switch to other options. The key in this is not to drown the existing playerbase in affection. Maybe some will stay a little longer, but in the end they will still leave or play less. (And on a sidenote: I personally would value significant changes with actual impact like less bugs, better performance or real functioning features way more than the quality of life changes. I know you might not have the capacity or ability to implement the real changes, but I nonetheless still need them.)

The key is generating a significant influx of new players. If as many or even more people join a game that there is people leaving, a game can grow. And NewZ is currently pretty much the single hardest game to get started. I don`t know anything close to it, but maybe a few browsergames. If you have 100 potential players for NewZ, 80 don`t even know about the game. 10 are kept away by the bad reputation (steam rating, history, etc.). 5 have already quit the game and stay away until further change and only 5/100 might actually try. Of those last 5, 4 dont play the game for more than three hours and only one might continue playing, but there is STILL a ridiculously high chance of him leaving because he consistantly has to face problems.

-> We have an open world scenario that goes by the rules of survival of the fittest. If you are bad you die a lot. There is almost no chance of getting a kill unless you magically run into other beginners (which are very rare nowadays)

-> There is no introduction to the game. I mean Beginner servers are nice and everything, but you really need some sort of tutorial. How does a beginner find out about basic commands or game principles. How should they find out about where the fun in this game is. Right now the only people thet can get into the game are friends of already existing players that also have a strong fps background and the stamina to tank their way through many hours of pain, death and loading screen. (And even those struggle with a high chance of quiting the game

-> PvP at least in Open World and Survival boils down to experience and individual skill with not mercy for the weak. I know this might seem good, but it isn`t. Games with an elo system can aim for that as they offer a fair chance anyways, but in NewZ this is not the case. You need valid strategies for inferior players. Going into close combat with AA12 or at least standing a small chance fighting a sniper with AR has to be given. This forum lives by the "git gud" mentality as the people in here are usually high on the NewZ food chain, but my honest answer is "How should they?" As a beginner you get constantly run over and as the cherry on the pie, the superior players usually even have the fucking numbers advantage. 

-> NewZ has a very bay first impression. Graphics are sub par and the game is very resource demanding. Requiring Witcher-hardware while delivering Nintendo 64 graphics is bad. I know you can not change that drastically or within a few weeks, but that`s how it is and you need a way to compensate for that flaw.

-> There is heavy competition out there, other games are in the same genere, focus the same people and offter the same gameplay. What makes NewZ unique? Find a few things and SPECIALIZE on them. You can not compete with a fortnite and as always in a free economy, if you cant compete, specialize and find a niche.

Thats just a rough overview, I could find a lot more and talk about every bulletpoint in way more detail, but that is ultimately up to you, the development of the game.

Now to your gamedesign comment:

16 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

It indeed does no such thing. That is not the point of the discussion here. However, the way the current game mode is, is EXTREMELY camper friendly... You can see the difference from our game to other BR games that are like this: With our current loot, you are forced to do close-quarters fights rather than be able to position and shoot people from a distance, like you would be able to with a Sig Sauer 556, for instance. That would also value players' skills for some rather than just positioning or knowing the map. 

You are right. The current BR is pretty much the opposite of fortnite. 

Ninja (fortnite streamer fyi) can do whatever the fuck he wants ingame. He is so much better individually, has so much better movement, superior aiming and of course the insame building skills, that he can go wherever and do whatever and STILL be good. In fortnite actions dont have immediate consequences and the skilled players can allways bail theselves just by raw skill. That is one way to design a game and this way is ridiculously productiove when it comes to streaming as the Pros litterally shit higlight plays by the minute.

In NewZ BR it is hard to win just by raw skill and aiming. Sure you can win more duels or escape iffy situations, but when you have to push a tree or the last remaining opponent has the superior cover close to the flag, you will still have a very hard time. In NewZ BR your actions have immediate consequences. You rotate bad or engage in the wrong fight, you die. Every step has to be thought through and you need to plan ahead on how to approach the flag or how to handle certain scenarios. There will be way less flashy plays and highlight montages on youtube, as success is based on clever long term decisions (and of course some luck)

Of course you can try to move your game closer to Fortnite (and this is what your change will do) , but ask yourself the question "Can you actually COMPETE with Fortnite?" They have better performance, bigger playerbase, more features etc. If NewZ BR is th same as Fortnite, why would somebody still play NewZ BR?

Also NewZ BR in my opinion is one of the last possible pathways into the game. It in fact is beginner friendly, you can get a kill by camping, you can get a kill by accidentally running into each other or by a lucky flag placement. I know this will drive the people in here mad, because they might die a little more, but those things are vital to a game mode. Right now you can start with BR, get better through Lobby Deathmatches and end up with a chance to move on into open world later.

And in the end I have to say that I really enjoy the strategically driven BR we have right now. Apart from one or two scenarois (like the flag in the  N/E of airport in tropico) you can always avoid those "getting camped" scenarios and if you get stuck in one of those it was almost always your fault. Also you can turn the tables and use the same thing to your advantage. You can try and guess opponent pathing, try and controll bottle necks or hold strategically important positions. It is just another aspect of experience and skill just like raw movement and aiming are.

TL;DR: I dont do a summary, read the whole thing lul

Lauchi

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

-> We have an open world scenario that goes by the rules of survival of the fittest. If you are bad you die a lot. There is almost no chance of getting a kill unless you magically run into other beginners (which are very rare nowadays)

This is the issue that heavy-PvP Open World games have, not just ours. Unfortunately the players in these games are, as you said at another point, are ruthless. They will kill the bambi in sight as that what has always happened to them. PvP in Open World is extremely hard for new players because they either get outskilled or outnumbered. 

-> There is no introduction to the game. I mean Beginner servers are nice and everything, but you really need some sort of tutorial. How does a beginner find out about basic commands or game principles. How should they find out about where the fun in this game is. Right now the only people thet can get into the game are friends of already existing players that also have a strong fps background and the stamina to tank their way through many hours of pain, death and loading screen. (And even those struggle with a high chance of quiting the game

This is something that is already being worked on and we already have a new "Beginner Map" for players to experience this, know more about the game in basic mechanics. 

image.png

Unfortunately we have a serious issue with announcing these things. If we do announce it (like we have previously done with Beginner servers), veteran players will try and abuse those new players by creating new accounts and so on. 

image.png

This game, since day one has never been beginner friendly (I'm talking about The War Z here). The struggles to get started were always extremely huge. I pre-purchased it back in the day, played for the first day then quit for a month because I couldn't get around the game itself.

Now it's even harder, because back then, at least, the game had up-to-date graphics.

-> PvP at least in Open World and Survival boils down to experience and individual skill with not mercy for the weak. I know this might seem good, but it isn`t. Games with an elo system can aim for that as they offer a fair chance anyways, but in NewZ this is not the case. You need valid strategies for inferior players. Going into close combat with AA12 or at least standing a small chance fighting a sniper with AR has to be given. This forum lives by the "git gud" mentality as the people in here are usually high on the NewZ food chain, but my honest answer is "How should they?" As a beginner you get constantly run over and as the cherry on the pie, the superior players usually even have the fucking numbers advantage. 

This is a fact in ANY Open World PvP game out there. MOBAS, FPS, etc have ranking system, because it's possible to close a lobby, since they're usually 10-player per match only. 

-> NewZ has a very bay first impression. Graphics are sub par and the game is very resource demanding. Requiring Witcher-hardware while delivering Nintendo 64 graphics is bad. I know you can not change that drastically or within a few weeks, but that`s how it is and you need a way to compensate for that flaw.

Before working for Fredaikis AB, I used to work for a game review company and I can tell you that players do not exactly base their opinions on graphics alone. That is something console players do. However, the performance part is an issue and it's an issue related to the ENGINE, not the game directly, that we can try and improve. 

You are right. The current BR is pretty much the opposite of fortnite. 

Our intention is to keep our game as unique as possible, to differ from the competition. I don't think improving weapons are going to turn it into Fortnite, as even in Open World, our best ARs are not as accurate as Fortnite weapons. Fortnite actually succeeded by being unique. They create the whole "basebuilding" system, which attracted the micro-managing players. PUBG's mechanics are VERY different from ours, they are more realistic, but I do see your point. 

The main intention of changes with BR is to give players something new to play in our game, as though our loyal players love our game, they do get bored after 5 years. 

• Thanks 3

On 12/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, ElChupacabra said:

But it seems to me that all games win players with invitations and not random players.

And I disagree that the game is difficult for a novice player.

The number of items is very high and anyone makes a full GI in a week or less of dedication for the rest of the game time.

Returning to BR, the mode could be a gateway for new players. But what I see is the simple impossibility of playing alone in the mode and having chances to win.

For players who come in groups if someone in the group dies That group will die Because when you win you will win together when you die, you will die together.

In order not to take advantage of players who come alone.