Sign in to follow this  
Shanks

Thriving and Surviving

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have only been playing this game for 2 months and I love it. It is the best online survival game out there. I see that Open World mode is way more popular though. I personally have no interest in Open World because its 1. to easy and 2. the pvp in it is all sniper based, which makes any AR's irrelevant.

Anyways I am a diehard supporter for survival mode. I want to share some aspects on how I feel survival mode can be made better and more prominent. Now I know this game is free to play and the company makes their money off open world. Skins in survival just may not be enough. I like that survival does not have an option to buy anything because then it just makes it easy and defeats the purpose and with the way survival is if you could buy stuff it would turn into a pay to win. I have a few ideas on how the company can make a profit off survival, but I will post in a different topic. Profiting off survival is important too because then the company will pay more attention and put more effort into it. Anyways here goes my suggestions

1. Have a dedicated public server for new players. For example only new players with less than 1 month old account can only have access to this survival server. It allows them to integrate their self in the game and to learn while unimpeded by veteran players who are just out for blood. Now people who are new still have all the other servers open to them if they want to explore and learn in other ways. This game does not have a tutorial and the game has a huge learning curve, especially if it is the first time playing a game like this. I have only been playing for 2 months and it was my first. I have since tried several other games which might have different aspects and some minor things that sound cooler, but this game is the overall best and I feel it can be made great. Its just the player base is not consistent. Sometimes you have 1 server in survival with 20+ people and all other servers are 2-4 people. I believe if more players can be integrated properly, they will stay longer.

2. Once invited to a group there should be no team killing allowed. I know this is authentic and makes sense that you can team kill because it is realistic. The problem is that a good amount of players are toxic and are jerks and will kill people just to kill them. Like they invite them just to find them and kill them regardless of loot or reputation. I mean if team killing is a reasonable option, perhaps make a timer after joining the group that you cant kill them or lets say if you do kill a teammate you are restricted from being a part of another group for lets say a 24 hour punishment? Like make it possible perhaps, but have limitations and restrictions. I heard from people that when I started playing that it was just changed from not being able to team kill. So there used to be a team protection from killing. I come across a lot of new players and when I hear or see them get killed they actually tend to leave the game and may not play again. The game has a huge learning curve, especially if you have never played a game like this before.

3. Condense and combine servers. I feel having duplicate servers stretches the already thin player base. So for each region only have 1 copy of each map. People already server hop from region to region including myself. I am from New York state and I play on all 4 regions personally. This will have to be in combination of my first suggestion though, so that way the new players won't be overflooded from the experienced players.

4. Change the way private servers operate. Yes I know besides skins that private servers are the only way for the company to make money and is probably the best and most effective way for company profit, but people love this game. People will still play regardless of these changes because there is no other game out there like NewZ. Anyways I feel that on private servers loot quanity and spawn rate should be determined on several factors to encourage more openness with people playing together. So if a server is set to password protected. The loot spawn rate should be the lowest possible. I know a lot of people will think this is bad. Well not everyone is old enough to have a credit card or have money to afford a private server. So people that can will have an advantage of having a lot of loot and more loot already from having a private place to freely loot without interference from anyone else. There is a tiered system though. So if the server is password protected its lowest loot, if it is not password protected and PVE status then the loot is set a little higher. If it is not password protected and PVP status then the loot is actually higher than a normal server. I feel the PVP part of survival is the most important aspect. Because realistically man's greatest danger is other men. So PVP is essential and should be given a reason for people to want to play on a private PVP server. People will still want to rent private servers. Perhaps some people will be disgusted by this in survival. But I ask why is anyone even wanting to play survival if all you are doing is looting on a password protected private server? What is the risk and reward in that if all you are doing is stock piling items? And for what? Just to keep stock piling more? I farm loot and stock up on loot so that I can go out and PvP, but right now I have so much loot from past 2 months that I don't care about farming I just want to go out in survival and try to explore and see what I can find and hope I run across some people that will want to give me a good and fun fire fight.

5. I think if there are multiple servers available on each region for a single map, that one of the duplicate maps should be made into a no group server. So everyone would be for themselves. Yes I am aware there are ways around this. I know like discord or whatever. But still if there are people and a firefight ensues bullets could fly in any direction and with self preservation kicked in, I am sure you will shoot anyone you see with fear of them shooting you first. I think it would add a different dynamic to the game. Spice things up a little bit.

I hope people actually take time to think about these suggestions and thoughts. This is still a great game and it is growing and decreasing at the same time. I want this game to live because I want to play this years to come and I don't want all my farming and PvPing to be for nothing.

Edited by Shanks
  • Cool 1

Eh, apart from begginer's server (which was already in use in open world) is a great idea, I've suggested something similar in the past, the other suggestions might not be as good as you think. 

Team kill is kinda irrelevant because you're either killed by the person whom you're in group with if tk is on, or killed by his potential friend/s who's out of group. People do that a lot.

If they make loot from private servers worse than in official server, ppl simply won't buy them. 

I don't know if you've heard about the previous official game which this game is based on, called warz. It had 100 servers, and they all had good amount of ppl in them. Meaning, it doesn't matter how many servers there is if the game sucks, servers will be empty. By reducing the servers you're encouraging players to join the same server where top clans are pvp'ing on. It's already hard enough to loot with so few servers, imagine if there were even less. This game mode has already become into open world style of game, why make it a deathmatch? If you could have fun fighting for the loot, instead playing 10vs10 fully geared clearview non stop deathmatch. 

Edited by rdk.
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rdk. said:

If they make loot from private servers worst than in official server, ppl simply won't buy them. 

I believe people will, because its actually even better than a normal server if you have it open to public with no password. Also they could increase Airdrop chance. I already think Airdrops are RNG because Ive been on a private survival server before and I saw 3 Airdrops total and witnessed all of them and 3 were on at once, but yet there were no airdrops for awhile. So I believe this could be tweaked for private servers and I think its ok if it is since, people do pay money for them.

So this is the ratio. Regular server is set to = 4 spawn rate, private password protected server is set to = 3 spawn rate, private open PVE server is set to 3.5 spawn rate, private open PVP server = 5 spawn rate. This would encourage people to still purchase private servers and also receive an increased chance to loot. I would also suggest to have the option of setting group limits. Like a private server could be set at 0 people per group so everyone is for themselves. Yes I know there is a way around it by just using discord or whatever, but its still a thing.

So for a more detailed explanation, lets say a area of Umatilla army depot. The rear entrance hangar headed to the prison. Lets say it normally has 10 items, so in a regular server there are 10 items, in a private password server it has 8, in private open PVE it has 9, and in a private open PVP server it has 12. Within that ratio it doesn't have an adverse effect on the game, it has its balances. Because A) if it has a password you can still take ALL the loot, private open PVE its still PVE so you wont die to a player, and then private open PVP is where you can loot more and still have the excitement from trying to not get ambushed or perhaps you are doing the ambushing.

Actually a "Pay2Win" principles would be better, tho. It brings back the WarZ Feeling to me and also If you REALLY want that Item u can buy it or just take ur time and farm/trade it. Let People buy stuff tho. Also with the Privat sever the Idea is well.. kinda bad aswell, because imagine spending some Money on one sever to just get bs xD You never played the actual game, did ya? U can watch some Videos from Infestation Survival Stories there are some examples of what direction survival is heading.

That Beginner Sever principles is a good idea from u! 

The Thing with the Group cooldown is awesome in my opinion, I mean why Group up to just get killed? Thats pussy like and áctually no survival principles.

But I like ur Ideas my man! :)

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 8:11 PM, Shanks said:

1. Have a dedicated public server for new players. For example only new players with less than 1 month old account can only have access to this survival server. It allows them to integrate their self in the game and to learn while unimpeded by veteran players who are just out for blood. Now people who are new still have all the other servers open to them if they want to explore and learn in other ways. This game does not have a tutorial and the game has a huge learning curve, especially if it is the first time playing a game like this. I have only been playing for 2 months and it was my first. I have since tried several other games which might have different aspects and some minor things that sound cooler, but this game is the overall best and I feel it can be made great. Its just the player base is not consistent. Sometimes you have 1 server in survival with 20+ people and all other servers are 2-4 people. I believe if more players can be integrated properly, they will stay longer.

That already exists. You don't see it, because you are not a beginner players. Bringing this information out can also bring a lot of veteran players to abuse the new players, which in turn will make them run away from the game while they're just trying to farm their GI up and learn the game. 

2. Once invited to a group there should be no team killing allowed. I know this is authentic and makes sense that you can team kill because it is realistic. The problem is that a good amount of players are toxic and are jerks and will kill people just to kill them. Like they invite them just to find them and kill them regardless of loot or reputation. I mean if team killing is a reasonable option, perhaps make a timer after joining the group that you cant kill them or lets say if you do kill a teammate you are restricted from being a part of another group for lets say a 24 hour punishment? Like make it possible perhaps, but have limitations and restrictions. I heard from people that when I started playing that it was just changed from not being able to team kill. So there used to be a team protection from killing. I come across a lot of new players and when I hear or see them get killed they actually tend to leave the game and may not play again. The game has a huge learning curve, especially if you have never played a game like this before.

IIRC when you are in a group, the only way to deal damage is with grenades. However, grenades have that "power" as they are area based, so it does not prevent damage to group members. 

3. Condense and combine servers. I feel having duplicate servers stretches the already thin player base. So for each region only have 1 copy of each map. People already server hop from region to region including myself. I am from New York state and I play on all 4 regions personally. This will have to be in combination of my first suggestion though, so that way the new players won't be overflooded from the experienced players.

This is a discussion we've previously had and we decided not to. Sometimes it's too hard to play in one server for you (for example, you are in a group of 3 and you're fighting multiple clans of 10) so you need to have that option to hop and find small groups to fight. We do not plan on limiting this in Open World whatsoever, so having multiple servers as an option is actually a good idea. 

4. Change the way private servers operate. Yes I know besides skins that private servers are the only way for the company to make money and is probably the best and most effective way for company profit, but people love this game. People will still play regardless of these changes because there is no other game out there like NewZ. Anyways I feel that on private servers loot quanity and spawn rate should be determined on several factors to encourage more openness with people playing together. So if a server is set to password protected. The loot spawn rate should be the lowest possible. I know a lot of people will think this is bad. Well not everyone is old enough to have a credit card or have money to afford a private server. So people that can will have an advantage of having a lot of loot and more loot already from having a private place to freely loot without interference from anyone else. There is a tiered system though. So if the server is password protected its lowest loot, if it is not password protected and PVE status then the loot is set a little higher. If it is not password protected and PVP status then the loot is actually higher than a normal server. I feel the PVP part of survival is the most important aspect. Because realistically man's greatest danger is other men. So PVP is essential and should be given a reason for people to want to play on a private PVP server. People will still want to rent private servers. Perhaps some people will be disgusted by this in survival. But I ask why is anyone even wanting to play survival if all you are doing is looting on a password protected private server? What is the risk and reward in that if all you are doing is stock piling items? And for what? Just to keep stock piling more? I farm loot and stock up on loot so that I can go out and PvP, but right now I have so much loot from past 2 months that I don't care about farming I just want to go out in survival and try to explore and see what I can find and hope I run across some people that will want to give me a good and fun fire fight.

Valid point, but I don't see a reason to do that. People pay for their servers and they shouldn't be punished for wanting to use it by themselves/only with friends. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

That already exists. You don't see it, because you are not a beginner players. Bringing this information out can also bring a lot of veteran players to abuse the new players, which in turn will make them run away from the game while they're just trying to farm their GI up and learn the game. 

IIRC when you are in a group, the only way to deal damage is with grenades. However, grenades have that "power" as they are area based, so it does not prevent damage to group members. 

This is a discussion we've previously had and we decided not to. Sometimes it's too hard to play in one server for you (for example, you are in a group of 3 and you're fighting multiple clans of 10) so you need to have that option to hop and find small groups to fight. We do not plan on limiting this in Open World whatsoever, so having multiple servers as an option is actually a good idea. 

Valid point, but I don't see a reason to do that. People pay for their servers and they shouldn't be punished for wanting to use it by themselves/only with friends. 

I understand what you mean, but this is under the "Survival" section on the forums, anything Open World isn't what I am trying to change. I know open world has a beginner server, I am talking about for survival. For me when I first started I never played open world I went straight to survival and there is no tutorial or anything and this was the first Survival game I ever played.