Sign in to follow this  
BARBOZ4

Measures To Resurrect Battle Mode

Capturar.PNG

I do not think they're going to change anything. Apparently they are "cheating" advocates. There is simply no interest in investigating and punishing properly.

2 hours ago, JKS said:

Capturar.PNG

I do not think they're going to change anything. Apparently they are "cheating" advocates. There is simply no interest in investigating and punishing properly.

Of course this in our interest and don't get me wrong here but Henkaku is not even able to ban / unban or look into ANYTHING related to this 😛

Either way, in one way you have to understand as well that we can't really get to a point where we just ban EVERYONE instantly. Not a good idea either.

I personally like:

- Reverting the queue to 1 only, so; when clicking play you just choose a map and everyone joins the same one. Groups, solo, duo, etc. This is probably the only thing left to "revive" the player base for Battle Royale.

- I'd also like to advance punishments further. What I mean with this is that a lot of players break the rules anyways, knowing they'll only get banned for X hours or 1 day only. It's kind of sad. On the other hand with the lower player base, we kind of don't want to ban every single player either.
I like to aim to go into more punishable punishments that would actually give the player the feeling he gets punished so that he / she actually cares. Also, we should start banning for particular game-modes. So; it doesn't mean that player can't play the game at all. I am thinking about bans like that, or bans like "lock" their rank. Wipe items, stats, etc.

What do you guys think? Great feedback overall and some good ideas and points! Great job!

• Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Sven said:

Also, we should start banning for particular game-modes. So; it doesn't mean that player can't play the game at all. I am thinking about bans like that, or bans like "lock" their rank. Wipe items, stats, etc.

Exactly! And lose GD in first ban make more heavy the punishment.

Capturar.PNG?width=958&height=398

Edited by JKS
Add

@Sven Regarding what you said about punishments, cleaning up the items or the money would just be great. It would not take more than 5 people to ban everyone from breaking the rules. They would talk to others and people would stop doing that, since they only respect what they fear.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, BARBOZ4 said:

@Sven Regarding what you said about punishments, cleaning up the items or the money would just be great. It would not take more than 5 people to ban everyone from breaking the rules. They would talk to others and people would stop doing that, since they only respect what they fear.

Deleting the skills would be better because the player can spend the entire GD before committing the offense.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:43 PM, BARBOZ4 said:

1 - Remove solo mode
2 - Who enters alone will be placed in a random group
3 - The banishment will be progressive and with a deeper analysis, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, permanent.
4 - Moderator monitoring the match in real time.
5 - Tropico and Arizona groups.
6 - More expressive gains as it was before.

1. This is happening for sure. We are working out the details, but our idea is either like you said on point 2, OR you can choose to also play Solo. 
2. As above
3. Punishment will be pointless with these changes. You'd be permanently banned by now with your idea. 
4. This is, unfortunately impossible. 
5. Same as 1/2. 
6. This is a good point. This is also something we can work with. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

3. Punishment will be pointless with these changes. You'd be permanently banned by now with your idea. 

Banned player? Maybe because we don't have perm ban in game he comites de offense?

But, ban players is a bad idea. This cause low number in game and don't make a right culture by example.

All the problem is: Now we don't have appropriate punishment to players breaking rules em BR.

If we have a skill tree in BR delete this status in future will be a nice punishment.

7 hours ago, BARBOZ4 said:

@ElChupacabra I would not be banned permanently according to my idea, after all I just took a ban and it was enough to learn. Unlike other people who took a 10 and it's still 12 hours and they do not change.

If you were sure that you would be banned permanently would you commit the infraction?

At this point BR is dead. The playerbase is too small and spread over too many servers, maps, options etc. Every player lost just makes the situation worse and worse. This erosion has been going on for months and I could brag about calling this out half a year ago, but here we are.

I dont want to claim that the developers are not aware or don't want to change things, but all measures to this point have proven to be ineffective at best. Some have even made the issues worse. In terms of strategy, the issue has been handled very poorly.

1) Stop doing what the people here or in discord cry for.

I dont say you should stop listening to their problems, but 90% of what this forum wants will hurt the game in the long run. There is a reason why Riot Games ignores their subreddit. there is a reason why Blizzard does not try to please their hardcore audience. They are not representive and their wishes are bad in terms of game design. Hell get help from a freaking professional in that field or the trend will continue to eat playerbase.

2) There are other Battle Royale Games out there that do a way better job. There is no reason to stay with NewZ just to play BR. Once again the valid economical strategy for unbeatable competition is DIVERSIFICATION. The BR mode needs to find a niche, needs to have unique traits to attract people.

3) A long term plan needs to be established. to address the problems. These problems are very known and people cry about them everywhere

-> low playerbase

-> teaming

-> bugs/crashes

-> little to no change

If you want to save this mode I would not continue the way you have been handling the isse to this point. (you know that far cry quote... definition of insanity... doing the same stuff and expecting different results..) Small changes now and then based on community feedback do not help. The last years have shown that.

My recommendation:

a) Cut BR down to one map and one mode. The map can change on a weekly basis, people can vote in the forum. You can implement small changes after every rotation based on feedback to keep the maps fresh and give players things to explore every time a map comes on again. This rotation is only there to ensure people can play at least a little BR

b) Invest some time and resources into restructuring the game mode. Come up with major changes. Reinvent the gamemode. There have to benew features, solutions for the problems you currently have, a new look and better gameplay based on a general gamedesign philosophy. That process can take months and will consume a lot of effort, but if you really want to keep the game mode and ultimately the game, you NEED TO START INVESTING MORE INTO THE GAME

If not, just continue milking the dying cow that is NewZ. I don't blame you for that. It is a legitimate decision. I am just sad as a long standing player and fan of what this game has been to me over so many years. It would hurt to loose it.

Thanks for your attention.

• Thanks 2

On 11/24/2018 at 1:59 AM, Lauchboy said:

An example;
Many changes in weapon statistics due to feedback cause problems in the game economy.

In fact the game works like a big economy and the players keeps up most of the time because of the thrill of playing an online survival game.

I have seen many facilities apply and make the game a fake pvp with zombies.

Many game features are useless such as cars, wooden barricades, lv2 vests, not NVG helmet, all pistols and revolvers, bandage, posltice, pain killer, shotguns, rifles (all are similar), backpacks and food.

There should be a logic of advantages and disadvantages in various game systems.

Med as a bandage should have a faster cooldown because they heal less. Bleeding was the cause for this item.

Pistols should have great accuracy at close range.

Rifles should have a high recoil and a lower precision than pistols at short distances, in addition to a much larger spreading.

Snipers should be high precision weapons for long distances, but difficult handling and speed of use. Sniper now are used like rifles.

We already have items that would make the game  well diversified, but the search for the false PVP has eliminated that possibility a lot.

And this largely came from the easy-cry-noob-player feedback.

We don't have a economy at rare itens, only skins economy.

We don't have a loot importance, because is easy to get all itens.

We don't have territory battles because we don't have a territory to battle. All is the same. 

we don't have punishments to prove the importance to be right.

We don't have emotion anymore in game. 

Just a fake PVP.

Edited by JKS